• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ask Timon and Rike! (Questions we'd like answered in the next Q&A)

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Q. What about a Hotkey to illuminate Builders Hut when visiting?

One of the Facebook Group members asked this one!
Builders Hut is difficult to spot - particularly when the owner has hidden it away.
Hot about a hotkey that makes all the polish-able Buildings start flashing?

And for that matter - how about one for the Ancient Wonders too?
Golden Abyss is tiny and a bit like a chameleon - it gets lost easily!
:)

19883981_10209563664789098_8011535023822144617_n.jpg

Platinum Leaf is a growing Facebook group with 3800 members, and hundreds of Files and videos of Elvenar-related material.
You are welcome to join!!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Look!
Diamond quest rewards just appeared in the Beta storyline!!
What we have been waiting for!!!

19756772_10209571981357007_207847415276116777_n.jpg

Is it actually a quest reward, or the chest reward at the end of a chapter?
From that pic it looks like the chest between orcs and woodelves....
Also, @dony on Beta said the reward for completing chapter 6 was 200 diamonds, so maybe it's 200 per chapter? That's awesome for new players, but if players have already reached later chapters, they will never get those 2,000 diamonds... pretty huge difference having 4 builders and an upgraded MA vs not.

Last edited:

DeletedUser115

Q. When will the promised removal of the limit of 10 broken shards occur?

Sent to the team for today's live feed. :)

What is the issue with fixing the golden hand ?It's one of the most basic functions of the game yet ignored for ^months

Actually, I've been watching this one like a hawk and it is being worked on, it just seems to be one of those more annoying bugs that are just as annoying to the developers to correct as us to see. Hehee. As updates become available, I will try to keep you updated.

I think it still need to be asked because it was forwarded as a suggestion to the developers Jan 24th, which doesn't necessarily mean they plan to implement it.

This is correct, while it is approved and sent to the developers from the community, it is solely up to them to implement the ideas if they so choose.

Q: Please Oh Please, can we have a global chat, with a fellowship recruitment channel?

You can add 2-3 tabs to the current chat box, that you can click to switch between channels.. A tab for general global chat.. A tab for Fellowship recruitment... A tab for new players to ask questions about the game

Unfortunately, this has been asked several times and there is no plan to implement a global chat feature at this time.

Question for the Moderators: Do Timon and Rike or their production team ever see these questions?

A lot of people are putting in a lot of effort to produce them in a lucid, legible fashion...

Hi Jack,

While Timon and Rike do not visit all 20+ language markets in search for questions, they are generally brought up by the Community Management team and sent to them for review. They will then answer some of our questions mixed in with questions they see on the Facebook stream. I tried including a few from this thread this go round. :)

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
What is the issue with fixing the golden hand ?It's one of the most basic functions of the game yet ignored for ^months

Hi!
This was fixed in Beta World yesterday!

Hi Jack,
While Timon and Rike do not visit all 20+ language markets in search for questions, they are generally brought up by the Community Management team and sent to them for review. They will then answer some of our questions mixed in with questions they see on the Facebook stream. I tried including a few from this thread this go round. :)

Thanks!
I hope you sent all the important ones?

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Q. Missing step in the Tutorial!

Hey Timon and Rike!
Our Facebook group just had a discussion about visits to neighbors - and you would be surprised how common it is that players think you just have to Visit and then click Done.
No one told them they have to click on a building - and it sometimes takes them months to find out!!
I once booted a player from a fellowship for not visiting - fortunately I found out that he HAD visited but did not know about clicking!!
So I was able to take him back...

How about making this a little more clear in the Tutorial?
Thanks!

DeletedUser9568

One feature I'd like to see implemented is for Notifications to go back at least 24 hours. If you post a lot of trades, as I often do, you won't see all your neighbors who have visited in the past day to pay them back the favor. (Notifications only show the last 50) Either that or separate trades from Notifications. Not a game changer, but a nice feature I'd like to see implemented.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Q. Could we have a Star filter on the Trader please - to put unfair Trades on the last pages?

Teresa Fox says:
I think it's time we had more filter choices on the merchant. Mine seems to be constantly full of unfair trades and the times I have clicked one by accident is so annoying

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Q. Can't you put a pole with a big waving red flag on top of the Builder's Hut so other people can FIND it!

Susan Stringer asked this on Facebook.
The Hut and the Abyss are like chameleons - they blend into the background and get lost...

DeletedUser2824

Q. It's marvelous that we now have a confirmation screen for our scouts so we don't accidentally click on a random scout we did not mean to send out! Could we also have the ability to cancel them?

We're still human, and as such will have times when we start scouting the wrong providence before we realize we did so.

DeletedUser7367

This makes me sad:(
Truth is truth, Soggy.... This Masquerade caper was the last straw.... In Orcs and livid to see this preferential MANA gift... does me and many NO GOOD at all... for what... more money? sry....this is transparently a fool's game anymore... I LOVED it, truly... but INNO's shown their cards..... prizes and rewards have GONE away like quicksand..... Total rubbish now.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
One-minute Boosters are pathetic

Hi Timon!

Almost everyone in our large Facebook group agrees that one minute, three minute and seven minute boosters are worth nothing at all. If the average player needs to speed up the upgrading a building or a scout or whatever, we are talking HOURS, not minutes.

I do realize you don't want to give inappropriately heavy prizes to the beginners.

Have you considered this issue and do you have a way to improve it?
For an advanced player, being given a tiny booster is like being offered a massive packet of peanuts at a party - and being told you can only take one!

Could you not make the boosters percentage?
That would be fair to all players!

My scouting takes over 2 days - a 10 or 20 or 50 percent reduction would be meaningful - and appreciated!

Thanks!!

Last edited:

DeletedUser6625

One-minute Boosters are pathetic

Hi Timon!

Almost everyone in our large Facebook group agrees that one minute, three minute and seven minute boosters are worth nothing at all. If the average player needs to speed up the upgrading a building or a scout or whatever, we are talking HOURS, not minutes.

I do realize you don't want to give inappropriately heavy prizes to the beginners.

Have you considered this issue and do you have a way to improve it?
For an advanced player, being given a tiny booster is like being offered a massive packet of peanuts at a party - and being told you can only take one!
These time boosters are worth nothing even to beginners. After the 1st few levels it requires more time to complete the build. Anything less than 15 minutes is an insult to even most novice of players. I thought "WOW, gifts of time!" Then realized it was NOTHING in comparison to the amount of time needed to complete all the quests!