• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ask Timon and Rike! (Questions we'd like answered in the next Q&A)

DeletedUser7923

My questions are about the mobile application. More than half of my FS on Ceravyn consists of players limited to mobile devices only. They are unable to participate in Tournaments which hurts them as players and the FS as a whole as they are not earning the production boosts from the Tourneys. They are unable to participate in the FSA. They aren't able to contribute KP's to AW's which again, hurts the whole FS. They don't receive messages which makes FS-wide communication impossible. They can't even collect treasure chests for visiting and aiding FS members and neighbors. We no longer accept mobile-only players in the FS but don't want to force those who are already members to leave. When can we expect some significant additions of functionality to the mobile devices? Are we talking weeks, months, or years before these players become fully-functioning FS members?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
When can we expect some significant additions of functionality to the mobile devices? Are we talking weeks, months, or years before these players become fully-functioning FS members?
There have been improvements in every single update since it came out in November. In October (5 months from now), when Chrome v70 goes live, people using Chrome (and within a month or two after that, anyone that follows the Chrome engine [like Firefox]) will have to give Flash explicit permission to run every single time they launch or refresh the browser page. I'll hazard a guess that the devs would like the app to be feature complete before that, so they can use that code as the basis for the web version. Otherwise they will lose large numbers of players because it will become too inconvenient for them to play.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Can we have a pop up a few minutes before an update? So we can save our work?

Michael Pearce asked this in the Facebook group:

It would be nice in Elvenar to have an update incoming countdown timer.
I was mid fight in the tournament when it cut me off, I'm sure it will be fine, but if I had known, I would not have started.

I quite agree with Michael!
A pop up would be great!!
The other evening I was typing a long letter for the fellowship explaining our Tournament strategy - and the daily update reset my city and I lost the lot!

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
There will be a Q&A session on Facebook at 5:30 pm CEST.
If you have questions you would like answered, you can post them in this thread for consideration.

39821247_10212321785140383_5498161152288358400_n.jpg

DeletedUser3983

I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated exclusive Thread where we could post questions we would like Timon to answer in the next Q&A session - instead of the Unicorns and Rotation and Storage that usually drift in!

I have a feeling that a Q&A is coming soon - so lets get all the important questions on paper now!

19059051_10209327494284983_3197371818479202438_n.jpg

I would suggest no discussion in this Thread - just brief to-the-point questions, followed by an explanation of why you are asking - like this, in this format:

Q: Is the moon really made of Blue Cheese?
Someone in my fellowship told me this, but it does not seem likely. If you look at the moon through a telescope, it is yellow - not blue!!
Please explain Timon?
Thanks,

HorribleHarry.

*****​

Here is one to get the ball rolling!

Q. Will there be changes in the way that Diamonds are given in the game?

Hi Timon and Rike!
TrainStation (created by the Slovakian company Pixel Federation) gives one 'Diamond' every day for logging in.

They also give them:

• as a reward when you level-up!
  • as presents to celebrate their birthday and Christmas and other similar events
  • and often to say sorry for game glitches and bugs too!
  • and they allow you to buy Diamonds and gift them to a friend! Which is something I really wanted to do - have Elvenar competitions in the EPL Facebook group with Diamond prizes - which I would pay for out my own pocket..
All of this has been discussed with Support - and the answer form the Design Team is: "Not at this time".
Apparently the game structure is such that Diamonds belong to one player - and are not transferable.

To me this appears a bit short-sighted.
The more Diamonds you give away (in the Events and perhaps as an occasional 'mystery package' in the Tournaments and the daily Treasure Chests too!) - the more people will spend them!
And the more people spend, the more likely they are to buy more...

So not making more use of Diamond purchases and gifts, looks to me like poor business sense...
... regular give-aways of small amounts of Diamonds would make the game more exciting!

Do you have plans to expand the Diamond functionality?

Thanks!
J

29570538_10211413707879019_3838089268208088865_n.jpg

Elvenar Platinum Leaf is the largest public Facebook group with 5000 members,
with hundreds of items of Elvenar facts, as well as a growing collection of videos.
You and your fellowship are welcome to join us!

Will they ever have an easier way/option to scroll thru FA quests? Also re FA, any way there could be something on your main city screen that tells you how many badges you have? going back and forth is a huge pain.

maeter75

Two questions

Tournament difficulty cliff, in that if you opened many of the optional squad upgrades (like I did) before they where included in the tournament you are a huge disadvantage vs those who did not open them.

Also related to what seems like it gets a lot harder after certain chapters it does not seem a gradual curve in difficulty. You open a new chapter and suddenly you need twice the supplies.

DeletedUser9601

Also related to what seems like it gets a lot harder after certain chapters it does not seem a gradual curve in difficulty. You open a new chapter and suddenly you need twice the supplies.
I think supplies are pretty well-balanced around a few things:
A. building and levelling Endless Excavation and Prosperity Towers. These are both no-brainers from an efficiency standpoint. They are less space than a workshop, more supplies, and cost no pop/culture. Building and levelling them to at least level 6 as you progress helps.
B. PoP spells. You are likely doing tournaments, which means winning spells and winning relics to cook spells. Spending these spells effectively (like when collecting 9-hour or 1-day builds) helps a ton.
C. Instants. From major events and random mini-events, its easy to get a dozen or so 25% boosters.
D. Selling guest race buildings back. Those buildings are a big up-front cost, but you're getting 50% of the cost back.

I think if you're keeping up with levelling your workshops, and keeping up with the items above, its not too bad.

Risen Malchiah

Will they ever have an easier way/option to scroll thru FA quests? Also re FA, any way there could be something on your main city screen that tells you how many badges you have? going back and forth is a huge pain.
Regarding quest cycling, that is an excellent question!

Regarding seeing badges on the main city page, that is already possible. The icon with the dropdown list of badges is also on the main city page next to the event timer. :)

Pheryll

Set Designer
Will there be any changes to the general rotating quests? Right now there are many that do not seem intended for post-elemental players

1. Produce [1 day] boosted goods and gain [?] goods- Not too many people are going to build a tier two or three manufactory just to do 1 day productions for an optional rotating quests.

2. Upgrade a boosted manufactory to level 11 or higher- This quest does not factor in sentient boosts.

3. Produce X goods - The quantity here is so low that post-elemental players will accomplish this in a three hour production cycle.

HJK84

Dang it, 2nd time I'm missing this!!! As mentioned in another thread, tattoo appointment.
Is there anyone who is recording it? And then posting it on twitch or youtube? Is that even possible?
If so, message me the recorded link please! :D

Pheryll

Set Designer
Some interesting information in this video.

1. The premium expansions are supposed to have room to place them all and the city territory size grows to be able to fit them all. The next point that the premium expansions will reach the point of filling the city map is with the chapter after Amuni. This chapter is not the last chapter, and the city territory size may grow again in the future.

2. The advanced scouts technology is offered based upon the difficulty of the encounters at the point when one has just enough to unlock the chapter. There is no advanced scouts technology for Amuni or for the next chapter.

3. There are currently no plans to add sentient goods into tournament costs. The idea is being thought about.

Note: The Elvenar staff did not discuss the skipping of squad size technologies even though it ties heavily into the balance for points two and three. (It would seem by their discussion of "very easy" encounters, that the Elvenar staff is considering players take a large number of the optional squad size technologies).

Last edited:

DeletedUser5543

Hi Timon and Rike! Love the presentations! Very helpful. Thanks for taking the time to put them together. :)

I just wanted to ask if you saw the Trader interface getting any kind of makeover on the horizon? The upgrading done awhile back to the battle system was great! and I hope something similar can be done with the Trader. To be honest, it looked antiquated when I joined over 3 years ago and nothing much has changed with it but a recent minor modification on the way trades are made. I would LOVE to see more items included for trade (diamonds, coins, supplies, orcs, mana, seeds, even Event Buildings!, etc...) I think this would be a great way to spruce up a key feature of Elvenar and adding diamonds alone would help improve the platforms profitability and security. Grepolis does this (they call it Gold instead of Diamonds) and they make a fortune because of it. Additionally, as a city becomes larger it becomes very difficult to use the Trader with just 8 trades per page for hundreds and hundreds of trades. No reason we can't make the pop-up screen a little larger, too, is there? It becomes very difficult to deal with when you are low in a good and the trades start dancing around all over the place, rearranging themselves with every trade you take. I think a healthy Trader makeover would do wonders for the platform as a whole! It's a key feature to the game. That said, love what you're doing and thanks for your time! :) Take Care you 2!