• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Assign multiple builders to hurry project?

DeletedUser5083

I think like this seems like a more important feature once we get bigger cities where it starts taking hours or even days to build something. The 10% boost doesn't seem as useful later in the game. Especially if I'm just trying to upgrade a single building and having 4 unused builders.

I did a quick search at the top and I didn't see any results come up but surely this idea has been mentioned before?

DeletedUser5083

I guess another idea to go along side that is to set up a "build queue" where you can set up future buildings when you aren't online and wait for resources if it needs them.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I find the 10% boost gets more useful later, saving hours instead of minutes.
I do like the idea of piling builders onto 1 upgrade to get it done quicker though.

As for the build queue, I don't think the developers want to implement too many ideas that make you need to log in less. You can't buy diamonds if you're not online, and the incentive to spend diamonds to rush a building goes down too.

Feel free to send some of your 4 idle builder to work on my city anytime btw:D

DeletedUser2870

I like the idea of multiple boosts to one building.
Boosts only become really interesting when the time is increasing. When the upgrade takes more than a day it saves several hours, a substantial gain.

As for the build queue, I don't think the developers want to implement too many ideas that make you need to log in less. You can't buy diamonds if you're not online, and the incentive to spend diamonds to rush a building goes down too.

Feel free to send some of your 4 idle builder to work on my city anytime btw:D

I agree, but if there's something I really would not spend diamonds on it's the building time. This whole game is one of slow progress, and with all the changes it's only getting slower. Definitely NOT worth spending money on finishing a building.

As for sending over builders: I wish I could. Now THAT would be a very interesting feature: send a builder on loan to a member of your FS (for a price of course). Could create a separate tab for that on the trader. Builder for hire. And the price could be in goods/supplies/coin or even diamonds.

DeletedUser3686

I would like to see Elvenar do something similar with decreasing wait times similar to how Forge of Empires does it. In FoE, the higher the level of your guild, the less time it takes to train units and the less it costs to build buildings. Since we already have a few AW's that decrease unit training time, it would be nice if there was a similar feature for decreasing the amount of time it takes to build, be it with an AW or some sort of fellowship leveling system. Heck, even spells.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@LadySansaStark
Interesting. Would require FS levels first, but that's a cool idea in itself. As long as it's not too hard to level up for "weaker" fellowships. There is already a lot of fear that the FS based tournaments will cause a lot of strife.(I don' think so, but I'm probably biased by my awesome fellowships)

Even without FS levels, maybe speeds can be increased by the number of idle builders in a FS? People would actually want inactives in their FS lol

DeletedUser3686

@LadySansaStark
Interesting. Would require FS levels first, but that's a cool idea in itself. As long as it's not too hard to level up for "weaker" fellowships. There is already a lot of fear that the FS based tournaments will cause a lot of strife.(I don' think so, but I'm probably biased by my awesome fellowships)

Even without FS levels, maybe speeds can be increased by the number of idle builders in a FS? People would actually want inactives in their FS lol

There are certain elements of Elvenar that already require teamwork, like trading. Apparently the Orc level has something like that too? I think FS based tournaments would encourage more people to participate in the game if anything in the long run. Sure there's no way to make everyone happy, but being a good fellowship in Elvenar and a great guild in FoE definitely makes me want to participate a whole lot more. Sometimes that sort of thing can have a positive effect.

I don't like the idea of inactives providing a benefit though, that defeats the purpose of working as a team. It would be cool if we could "lend a builder" though, especially if someone has a long upgrade coming up and it could be sped up with the help of team mates.

DeletedUser5251

I believe this would be a worthwhile endeavor for the developers.
It would add to the strategy necessary for progressing your city, as well as increase the amount of log ins required.
Instead of setting 3 builders to upgrade 3 buildings that take 12 hours each and not coming back until all three are done, you could set all 3 builders on one upgrade and have to come back every 4 hours to set them on a new upgrade. The end result is the same, in that you have 3 upgraded buildings after 12 hours. But instead of setting everything up for a long wait and not coming back for 12 hours, you are forced to come back every 4 hours or so.