• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Auction building for selling prize buildings

DeletedUser23403

I know we can disenchant or upgrade prize buildings with royal restorations or sell them for no set value but how about Instead of selling our prize buildings for nothing when we decide later on that they have become superfluous for our city and pointless for upgrading. What if we had a building called something like a "auction house" where players can buy or sell unwanted prize buildings. Just because the building has become useless in their city, another player might find it particularly useful for their city. Of course the building put up for sale will have to drop the buildings current level so whoever buys it, the building will be bought at their current chapter level. For example if I was trying to sell a chapter 12 pheonix, the building would have to be leveless in chapter for a player that is in "let's say" chapter 6 to be able to buy it and the building will be bought at their chapter level. Another thing is the buyer of the building would have to be viewing the buildings benefits at their chapter level so they know what they are buying. I think it would give players more interaction with one another and give players a chance at being able to find that special building they really wanted but did not have a chance to attain due to being absent or just wasn't lucky enough to recieve.

DeletedUser23403

What does it add to make the game more interesting? Games are about challenging ourselves. Does it do anything besides making the game easier?
I didn't think it'll make things easier. Prize buildings will still have to be earned to have a option to sell them.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I didn't think it'll make things easier. Prize buildings will still have to be earned to have a option to sell them.
It absolutely makes it easier. Right now that is at best, spell fragments, and at worst, clutter in your inventory. the only point of being able to sell it is to get something you want more, and for someone else to get something they want more, without having got it through the random or expected channels.

Even setting that aside, unless all of the sales are blind without any control over who gets what and for how much, it's one more way that people with multiple cities can strengthen their primary city by pushing.

DeletedUser23403

I'm sure their can be measures to take to keep it balanced but if this idea's problems isn't worth working out then nvm. I guess Inno doesn't really need any extra problems right now anyway lol.

DeletedUser23403

It absolutely makes it easier. Right now that is at best, spell fragments, and at worst, clutter in your inventory. the only point of being able to sell it is to get something you want more, and for someone else to get something they want more, without having got it through the random or expected channels.

Even setting that aside, unless all of the sales are blind without any control over who gets what and for how much, it's one more way that people with multiple cities can strengthen their primary city by pushing.
True. I have almost 100k spell frags I don't know why someone higher than me would want it for that and I don't know why it would clutter inventory if you bought it to place in your city. Any idea can be balanced its just, is it worth the trouble or not.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The question is, is it worth your trouble to make the case for the idea. The point of the forums is for players to discuss things, including the pros and cons of suggestions. If you make a solid case for your suggestion, people will support the idea. if it gets enough support, a forum mod will take it to the game developers (who don't visit the forums, as far as we can tell) or someone will suggest you make a formal presentation on the beta forums. If it gets support there, and the mods think it is workable, they will attach a poll to it, and if it gets at least 20 votes, with the majority in favour, then the mods will formally pass it on to the developers.

Lots of ideas get posted here. Most of them aren't new, and most of the new ones don't have the interesting value that causes players to feel like it would make the game better. If someone posts a suggestion, and no one comments on it, then there is virtually no chance the mods will pass it on. Suggestions live and die by how interested the person making them is in shepherding them to success.

If you want to see the effort i put in to a single idea, only to have the mods on beta say they don't think it's worth presenting, late a look at the Luminescent, or my suggestions for a new style of event, (two years ago this week) which passed a poll on Beta with almost unanimous support, only for us to have heard exactly nothing from the developers two years later.

DeletedUser23403

The question is, is it worth your trouble to make the case for the idea. The point of the forums is for players to discuss things, including the pros and cons of suggestions. If you make a solid case for your suggestion, people will support the idea. if it gets enough support, a forum mod will take it to the game developers (who don't visit the forums, as far as we can tell) or someone will suggest you make a formal presentation on the beta forums. If it gets support there, and the mods think it is workable, they will attach a poll to it, and if it gets at least 20 votes, with the majority in favour, then the mods will formally pass it on to the developers.

Lots of ideas get posted here. Most of them aren't new, and most of the new ones don't have the interesting value that causes players to feel like it would make the game better. If someone posts a suggestion, and no one comments on it, then there is virtually no chance the mods will pass it on. Suggestions live and die by how interested the person making them is in shepherding them to success.

If you want to see the effort i put in to a single idea, only to have the mods on beta say they don't think it's worth presenting, late a look at the Luminescent, or my suggestions for a new style of event, (two years ago this week) which passed a poll on Beta with almost unanimous support, only for us to have heard exactly nothing from the developers two years later.
Of course, and I didn't mean anything by (if the idea isn't worth working on nvm.) I could've spent the entire day on making the idea infallible. I think I put enough in the idea to give a grounding understanding what I'm referring to, to give forum readers something to definitely add. ;-)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Every reply on a suggestion makes it more likely it will get noticed. If I thought the idea was junk, I would never have commented. I'm offering the experience, that if it isn't immediately gabbed onto by a bunch of people, it's got very little chance if you aren't willing to flesh it out with how it coulld work and the pros and cons.

DeletedUser23403

Every reply on a suggestion makes it more likely it will get noticed. If I thought the idea was junk, I would never have commented. I'm offering the experience, that if it isn't immediately gabbed onto by a bunch of people, it's got very little chance if you aren't willing to flesh it out with how it coulld work and the pros and cons.
I totally agree and appreciate your candid advice. :)

DeletedUser23403

The only problem I can't really put my head around is how pricing buildings would work, might not get what your looking to get out of it but at least it is being used rather than our efforts on acquiring the building being totally discarded, for nothing more than the extra 4x4, 3x3 or whatever space the buildings footprint is. Also... if it is sold for something like gold someone could easily have a bunch of coin fall boosters to speed through purchases. So there would have to be a buyers limit one building per every allotted purchase cool down peroiod of 5 days or something idk. Or have it to where player's can buy buildings from only their chapter lvl would actually make the most sense (but if I found the building useless why would someone else that's in the same chapter want it?) I suppose if they had different playstyles and demands. Hmmm, I can see your point in someone buying and having like 10, lvl 10 Polar bears or whatever that would be ridiculously unbalanced gameplay. As far as spell frags go, it can be something like "as soon as the prize building hits the ground in your city the spell frag amount becomes void or lowered by a percent that makes it where it isn't worth purchasing for the spell frags" Being that this auction house thingy is made for the already placed prize buildings that we no longer want.

DeletedUser23403

Or have it to where player's can buy buildings from only their chapter lvl would actually make the most sense

Not only their chapter lvl but their chapter lvl and under*

DeletedUser23403

And not just for selling the buildings that are event grand prizes but daily prize buildings as well. With the exception of any building with a expiration date

YarL

Just to throw out an idea, disenchanting buildings (effectively selling them) gives you spell shards, as you mentioned. I have the impression that you don’t find spell fragments to be that valuable or interesting, is that correct? Would it help if they were more interesting?

A future chapter that features something like Living Spells where the spell fragments are needed in large amounts, perhaps hundreds of thousands, might make them more interesting. Or perhaps the developers could come up with another useful and interesting use for spell fragments.

Would that idea appeal to you? It is definitely a lot easier to implement.

Cheers!

DeletedUser23403

Just to throw out an idea, disenchanting buildings (effectively selling them) gives you spell shards, as you mentioned. I have the impression that you don’t find spell fragments to be that valuable or interesting, is that correct? Would it help if they were more interesting?

A future chapter that features something like Living Spells where the spell fragments are needed in large amounts, perhaps hundreds of thousands, might make them more interesting. Or perhaps the developers could come up with another useful and interesting use for spell fragments.

Would that idea appeal to you? It is definitely a lot easier to implement.

Cheers!
I use spell frags and CC's constantly. I just have a bunch of them due to disenchanting buildings in general and the artifacts to upgrade them. Plus having a lvl 5 MA the artifacts are 2k spell frags a piece, they used to be 3k (that is if I don't care for the prize buildings benefits) even if I don't want the building I strive to earn as much artifacts as I can, just for disenchant fodder and also get enough to keep my supply steady by attaining them from the spire.