• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Auto-Collect Badge

• Thread starter Deleted User - 849002599
  • Start date

AtaguS

It seem that hairs are getting split about how the act of clicking effects the outcome of FAs.
Maybe if we pan out just a little and ask ourselves what are the factors effecting the outcome of FAs...I wonder where on that list attention span while clicking falls.
Remember the old way? clicking decline 15 times between collections...and clicking one too many times so having to click another 15 times...to collect a single blacksmith badge. And then doing that process 20 more times to get your whole inventory of blacksmiths in?
Minutes ticked by and in the pit, for a competitive team, minutes are the difference between 1st and 2nd place.
They did away with that system.
And yet I haven't seen or heard of one instance where a fellowship complained or was upset that those changes favored players without enough skill or care or attention to scroll through the badges. All the change did was improve the overall experience and likely get more players to give it a try.
An auto-correct option just improves upon improvements that Inno has already seen fit to make.

Kekune

I skimmed a lot of the back and forth above, so apologies if this doesn't totally connect with what's been said already.

I like the idea of the FA. I like how it's been changed to incorporate more normal gameplay. The single greatest barrier to me really liking them is ALL THE CLICKING. When the FA is over, it's such a relief to be able to just sweep my city, apply my spells, and go about my day. I know a lot of complaints about the old format focused on the swaths of mini buildings. Even with those reduced though, the sheer amount of time it takes to participate in the FA because of all the extra clicks is a major barrier to enjoying it, or for some people a barrier even to participating.

So, I think it's inaccurate to say that allowing badges to stack, or autocollect, or whatever wouldn't affect standings because I think it would mean greater participation from people who currently opt out of all the repetition, and that could affect standings. But that wouldn't, I think, be a bad thing if it was rooted in more participation and more enjoyment all around. Teams would still need to coordinate, communicate, etc to achieve anything significant, but it would move this event from feeling like a job back to feeling like leisure.

Iamaita

I like the idea of the FA. I like how it's been changed to incorporate more normal gameplay. The single greatest barrier to me really liking them is ALL THE CLICKING. When the FA is over, it's such a relief to be able to just sweep my city, apply my spells, and go about my day.
I feel the same.

I suspect the original design of the FA did not anticipate the ability of the players to find way of producing huge amounts of badges -- thus necessitating all the constant click and collect tedium. And if, in an ideal world, people played with the city they have as they had it before the advent of the Fellowship Adventures, they wouldn't have the space to add 350 workshops and all that.

I used the wonder badges as an example just because you have to open and close so many pop up windows to get from the wonder to the badge and back. I think all of the extra clicking is annoying, but that one is the worst by far in terms of time and number of clicks per badge. The badge only asks you to donate 10kp. That’s do one thing, not 10 things. It still takes 10 clicks. If I plan to donate 50 kp to one person it’s now 50 clicks to get all the badges. Autocollect would drop that to 14. These unnecessary extra clicks are not tedium that I created for myself by building hundreds of workshops. There is no way to avoid it without skipping the FA altogether.

I don’t feel like any of us started playing this game because we really wanted to immerse ourselves in the world of competitive mouse clicking or finger tapping. I think most of those comments were facetious. I laughed at a lot of them anyway.;)

I agree that the suggestion, if adopted, would probably not change things much, and never argued that it would by itself. And since it would affect all equally it would be fair by default I have no real objection to this change by itself.

Making the application of 6 MM spells, or the clearing of 15 tournament provinces a smoother, uninterrupted process does not remove any of the activity, coordination, strategy, or general teamwork required and IMO those are the pillars of the FA that need protection.
An auto-correct option just improves upon improvements that Inno has already seen fit to make.

I think those quotes sum it up nicely.

Making it faster and more convenient to collect the badges doesn’t change any of the time and resources put into earning them or any of the planning efforts required to complete the maps.

Yogi Dave

I wholeheartedly agree with this idea.

Players with huge tiny towns do get a larger time savings. Big deal - not! Players with small tiny towns still get a time saving there. Plus everyone gets the same saving when doing tourney and spire encounters, collecting CCs, VVs, using enchantments, colleting coins, goods or troops, etc. Who likes the extra clicks and distraction from doing what we are here for.?

BTW, I do like that Inno added more badge types, modified some and modified the pit of despair to use all badge types. It does need some tweaks but that is another topic entirely. I just wanted to put in a thanks to them for listening to more of our complains/suggestions about the FA and doing something about it. Keep that wheel squeaking. The FA has gotten greased a couple of times now.