• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Auto Fight in the Spire

SunsetDanar

Is there a list of enemies and which troops are most effective against them? I'm fairly new to fighting so tactically lacking in talent so, at least for now, I auto fight. I'm mostly concerned with conquering the Spire but I'd assume the same troops would be utilized in Tournament play as well.

BrinDarby

There is a battle simulator on elvenarchitect, but I have found tournaments
easier to tweak my fighting skills & manually... not auto fight.... I cater the spire every week...lolol

Yes also as Iyapo1 said, learn the Pentagon, it is your friend.... the "?" symbol in most battle screens
will bring up the pentagon.....

Iyapo1

Also, players who calculated autobattle stats say that you will have better results if you do not mix troop types. The AI is pretty simple minded which is great when you fight against it, not so great when you let it fight for you.

I can only auto battle in the first floor of the spire. Once or twice I have managed a fight higher up, but usually they mix the troops in a way I can not counter into the second round.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
The rule I use in mixing troop types is: how many of each type am I facing. It's 1, 2, or 3.

If it's one type, that's easy. You have something that is strong against that. Use it.

If there are two types of troops in the enemy armies you can generally stick to one type of troop. Even if the type of troop you pick is only even with some of the enemy troops. For instance, when facing 4 mages and 2 light melee I would pick 5 cerberus (dogs) because they are great against mages and even with light melee (which is what they are). 4 light melee and 2 mages would probably get 5 heavy melee because they are good against the light melee and can take a licking from the mages even if the mages are supposedly strong against them. I've always found the light melee/mage combination in enemies difficult, btw.

In any case, if there are three types things get trickier. Of the three types I find that if there is only "one odd" I can pretty much ignore it and stick to the thing as if there were two types alone. If there are three types and they are split pretty evenly, like 2,2,2 I, again, ignore the weakest type (usually mages) and go with 5 of whatever is good against the other two.

The most difficult combination is when you have 3-3-2 and the "2" is really strong against whatever you are throwing at the 3-3 types. In that case I might go 3 (against the 3-3) and 2 (against the 2). However, I find the order you put them in seems to make a difference and, unfortunately, it gets quite complicated. Usually the difference isn't enough that you lose, but it does, sometimes mean you lose more troops then you would have done had you ordered your troops the other way. Instead of putting the 3 light ranged first, then adding the 2 blossom mages, you could have put the 2 blossom mages first, then the three light ranged. It all depends on the order of their troops AND the terrain. The order of their troops you know, but the terrain you don't and won't if you auto-fight. Since I usually auto-fight it's a bit of a crap shoot when it agains 3-3-2 and the two is strong.

In the end there is no formula that makes it easy, but experience does eventually hone your instincts and instincts, properly honed, do improve the odds. So just keep fighting and you'll get there.

AJ

SunsetDanar

Thanks guys, a lot of help here. I made a cheat sheet from the battle pentagon but what it says is best is not always available to use. I usually then focus on the next best options starting with unit size and bonus considerations. I'm usually able to muddle through with a bit of trepidation when clicking the auto fight button. I'm learning, though, and surly should become more skillful and confided with time.