1. Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team
    Dismiss Notice

Auto Fight Position

Discussion in 'Battle Help' started by Newfoundluck, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Newfoundluck

Newfoundluck New Member

I'm wonder if it matter what order you place different units when using auto fight?

Tedious and shimmerfly like this.
  2. shimmerfly

shimmerfly Well-Known Member

Good question. I hover my mouse over my troops and try to match them up as well as poss., so I do sort of put them in order.
    Not sure if it matters but I would think it does, soooo...I do :D

3. ThunderingJeff

ThunderingJeff Well-Known Member

upload_2018-11-12_17-44-5.png
    From Mykans Guide- Fighting Guide. It's often good to scout out what the terrain looks like with an Archer or better yet, Ranger before you select which troops go where. Above is a great example. If you auto fought with that, your Light Melee units would be completely vulnerable to long range attacks and your Archers very vulnerable to Cerebrus or Drone Riders. So your best bet is to go in with a Ranger, surrender, then come back with the smartest set up. But if you're doing a tourny situation where you have lots of encounters in one day, you're usually safe(ish) if you just do the best troops you can.

Checking out the Fighting Guide, though. It will give you MUCH more detailed advice.

Prifffid, Tedious, shimmerfly and 3 others like this.
  4. Newfoundluck

Newfoundluck New Member

Awesome. Thank you.

shimmerfly likes this.
  5. Tedious

Tedious Well-Known Member

It matters, but remember that auto-fight AI is terrible. I generally only auto-fight with 5x of the same unit type. This is because you might set up a light ranged opposite a mage, and a heavy range opposite a light melee. But the AI often targets the enemy with the highest initiative in range, so that light ranged might run across the map to hit the light melee even though A. they will do less damage and B. they just brought themselves into counter-attack range from the light melee.

6. Saphirra the magnificent

Saphirra the magnificent Member

I like to hit "Fight" and then when in the fight hit "Auto Fight" and watch the action and get an Idea what to do, and what not to do. But that's just me. :D

Tedious likes this.
  7. Lord Firerus

Lord Firerus New Member

I am lazy just to fight and want to finish so I just spam AUTO FIGHT lol

Tedious likes this.
  8. Saphirra the magnificent

Saphirra the magnificent Member

strategy is my game. I like chess, stratego, and checkers. To learn to fight, and maybe I win with minimal losses, My time is well spent. I do negotiate a lot though. :) But when I can fight, lose one guy and win, then my resources aren't lost.

Tedious likes this.