• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

auto fight

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Because the squadsizes in the Spire can get so large so quickly and because there are only 4 encounters at a time I would recommend that everyone always start a manual fight to check the terrain. Sometimes I start a fight and see that either they or I are blocked behind a wall and that I need to switch to ranged troops rather than melee troops. Melee troops are a terrible choice when walls are involved. Better to spend the few extra seconds than to lose 5 huge squads in a disastrous battle. I think the designers really want to encourage people to manual fight in the Spire. It can save a lot of troops and make completing the Spire a lot more affordable.

Which is why we need a map preview. In a suggestion thread it's been discussed. If a forum reader hasn't done so already it might be good to review that thread and add some weight to the request.

As for manual fighting I find it too time consuming. I just cater the whole thing anyway. I may try to fight at some point when I have a surplus of the DA and other support buildings. Unfortunately they don't seem to be offering them as often in the crafting and I'm not winning the DA very often even though I complete the spire every week. How to get enough of the MMM, ELR, UUU and DA when they aren't offered in crafting often enough is a question.

One thing people might consider if you do fight in the spire is to look at all three rounds and pick the easiest first. You don't have to fight them in order. At least that's what I remember learning when I did attempt to fight the spire.

AJ

ajqtrz

I could be wrong and will check it out and let you know next week as I've already finished the spire this week.

mikeledo

You make your own luck when it comes to crafting. There are 5 columns in crafting, each is reserved for its own kind. If you are making a military unit (or any building) or if you are making a pet food, then another one will not come up when the reset time changes. You need to have those slots empty or completed at the reset or else you get nothing new. Use your time instants. I am sitting on 169 petfood and 5-12 military upgrades.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
One thing people might consider if you do fight in the spire is to look at all three rounds and pick the easiest first. You don't have to fight them in order. At least that's what I remember learning when I did attempt to fight the spire.
It does not. You face the enemy in the same order regardless of where you stop in the viewing/troop-selection screen. (Confirmed by entering and surrendering then reentering)

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
You make your own luck when it comes to crafting. There are 5 columns in crafting, each is reserved for its own kind. If you are making a military unit (or any building) or if you are making a pet food, then another one will not come up when the reset time changes. You need to have those slots empty or completed at the reset or else you get nothing new. Use your time instants. I am sitting on 169 petfood and 5-12 military upgrades.

unless they've changed it recently
or i misunderstand what you are saying
crafter does not work that way
i have had multiple military buildings or pet foods come up in same rotation

Deleted User - 3932582

unless they've changed it recently
or i misunderstand what you are saying
crafter does not work that way
i have had multiple military buildings or pet foods come up in same rotation
It was changed some time ago. Now it is impossible to have more than 1x of military building or pet food in the same rotation.

KarlD

yeah i just saw that mentioned in another thread
it's good to know
even though i rarely allow any craft to span across the reset
With the new system it may not really hurt you to allow crafting to cross the reset depending on what is crafting and what you priorities are. My top priorities are military boost buildings and pet food so I really try not to have those span a reset, but if I don't have one of those to craft I will craft something from another category. Those lower priority categories I really don't care if they span a reset as long as my building and pet food categories are free. I like to craft time instants as a secondary priority, but I really don't like using time instants to create time instants. That seems a bit counterproductive and there are usually other things I can craft after the reset.

ajqtrz

Are the particular slots aligned with particular things? I've noticed that my military and pet food offerings are on the right in the last two slots. Has it just been "dumb luck" or is each slot "assigned" to a particular class of offerings? AND, thanks for the correction. I too, missed the limit they made in how many of each type can be displayed at once.

AJ

Deleted User - 3932582

Are the particular slots aligned with particular things? I've noticed that my military and pet food offerings are on the right in the last two slots. Has it just been "dumb luck" or is each slot "assigned" to a particular class of offerings? AND, thanks for the correction. I too, missed the limit they made in how many of each type can be displayed at once.
Each slot is assigned, but there is (still) a bug that inverts it sometimes. E.g. buildings slot is actually on the left, but often the first time you open MA it will be on the right.