• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

auto fight

DeletedUser6853

Fighting: I did an auto fight, the opponent had the following 168 168 168 56 56 troops

All of my troops were destroyed, I recounted that opponent and they had were 168 168 72 56 56

Which means that I destroyed 96 of their troops. I went to launch a 2nd attack and where did I find the original count 168 168 168 56 56, this means you can not destroy the opponent this way..had this been an actural fight with real troops you could eventually defeat them by numerous attack. I have read the info on attacks and none of it applies .This is way I contend its almost impossible to get a victory because the game is rigged. anyone got any ideas

Calenmir

Hi Merlin,

I frequently auto fight and it's not just about the numbers. You didn't mention what troops you were fighting or what troops you chose to take into the battle and mostly it's about picking the right troops to fight the opponent. Eventually numbers of troops will matter, but you stand a much better chance when the right fighters are chosen to take into the fight.

Now I'm no expert, but this does work for me.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Indeed, you cannot whittle away at the enemy, they regenerate if you don't wipe them out. The fights are a big game of rock-paper-scissors, so you do need to bring the right troops.

If you fail on autofight, I'd suggest starting a manual fight, and then clicking the "finish battle automatically" button, and you can watch the fight to see what went wrong. Sometimes a winable fight is lost due to terrain and dumb AI like all of your troops funnelling into a bottleneck.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Knowing squad size of you compared to enemy would also help. Many players try to win impossible fights and then complain its impossible.
Another factor that can impact occasionally is the map, sometimes you can have the perfect troop selection and order with a fair fight and still lose due to a bad map. This isn't always the case and the devs are aware of the map layout issues.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Fighting: I did an auto fight, the opponent had the following 168 168 168 56 56 troops

All of my troops were destroyed, I recounted that opponent and they had were 168 168 72 56 56

Which means that I destroyed 96 of their troops. I went to launch a 2nd attack and where did I find the original count 168 168 168 56 56, this means you can not destroy the opponent this way..had this been an actural fight with real troops you could eventually defeat them by numerous attack. I have read the info on attacks and none of it applies .This is way I contend its almost impossible to get a victory because the game is rigged. anyone got any ideas

You were wiped out and yet you went back in with full squads.
Ah, you brought in reinforcements you say?
Well in the time it took you to bring in new fighters, the enemy brought in replacements.

WolfSinger

When you lose a fight and re-enter the encounter - it is reset to full. This game isn't set up for diminishing troop count based on previous fights in the came province encounter.

That would be a very nice feature as it would allow a player to eventually win by being able to wear the enemy down by bringing new troops while the enemy troops are not allowed to receive reinforcements.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I would be nice if there was say a 2-5% decline in their troop strength after you get wiped out so eventually you do win.

While nice it would allow people to move beyond where the developers have intentionally made combat impossible to balance the number of provinces different people at different tech eras are at.

DeletedUser3696

While nice it would allow people to move beyond where the developers have intentionally made combat impossible to balance the number of provinces different people at different tech eras are at.
Or they could cater it for a far easier and faster conclusion ;)

DeletedUser26669

Indeed, you cannot whittle away at the enemy, they regenerate if you don't wipe them out. The fights are a big game of rock-paper-scissors, so you do need to bring the right troops.

If you fail on autofight, I'd suggest starting a manual fight, and then clicking the "finish battle automatically" button, and you can watch the fight to see what went wrong. Sometimes a winable fight is lost due to terrain and dumb AI like all of your troops funnelling into a bottleneck.

Rock-paper-scissors-lizard-Spock! :)

BrinDarby

While I understand its about matching your troops to thiers.....
uhhhh, when they get 2-3 waves, and each is designed to beat 1 possible
setup the player used, by the 3rd wave... usually anything good/usefull
is already dead..... how do you choose troops in this case ??

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The waves are rarely completely different. Usually there is one group that either has an advantage, or at least doesn't have a disadvantage, against the majority in each wave. Maybe try thinking of it as 10 or 15 encounters happening all at once, rather than two or three waves, and plan your troops accordingly.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
While I understand its about matching your troops to thiers.....
uhhhh, when they get 2-3 waves, and each is designed to beat 1 possible
setup the player used, by the 3rd wave... usually anything good/usefull
is already dead..... how do you choose troops in this case ??

I will admit there have been times I've used diamond to reconstitute my army a bit.
When I know I'm really going to need that squad of (archers) at full strength

But generally. If there is one wave that is particularly difficult I can take care of it by fighting that one on manual.
That's an advantage to PC play

DeletedUser2959

On the three wave fights I almost always use diamonds to replenish at least one of my squads on the first fight. With the diamonds I get from the Spire I usually end up pretty close to even. Even if I end up down a couple hundred it's worth it to me. I like beating the Spire every week.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
On the three wave fights I almost always use diamonds to replenish at least one of my squads on the first fight. With the diamonds I get from the Spire I usually end up pretty close to even. Even if I end up down a couple hundred it's worth it to me. I like beating the Spire every week.
If the opponent mix is such that you expect to have to replenish fighters on a threefer, it's probably cheaper to just pay the few diamonds to get a couple of extra bribe chances and skip fighting altogether.

KarlD

Because the squadsizes in the Spire can get so large so quickly and because there are only 4 encounters at a time I would recommend that everyone always start a manual fight to check the terrain. Sometimes I start a fight and see that either they or I are blocked behind a wall and that I need to switch to ranged troops rather than melee troops. Melee troops are a terrible choice when walls are involved. Better to spend the few extra seconds than to lose 5 huge squads in a disastrous battle. I think the designers really want to encourage people to manual fight in the Spire. It can save a lot of troops and make completing the Spire a lot more affordable.