• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

auto move world map

Aritra

I have had the box checked to allow auto move, but I'd like to know more about it.
(I did a forum and wiki search but didn't really find what I was looking for)
"If you have too many open spots around you on the world map, you are automatically moved to a better position..."
What does "open spots" mean? Does this refer to space-holder cities? (possibly identified by bare minimum cities without activity?) When I see super new cities on my map, I assume it's a new person and will show change soon, or new and they abandoned it after starting. Maybe these cities never had a player to begin with?
How much inactivity does it take for a city to be removed from world map (and spot filled with potential trader)?
Is it possible to request transfer (instead of game deciding)? I think I read someone recently who referenced that.

Crow Last Elf

A few pieces of information that I have gathered ....

1. Your movement to a better position... it's been discussed that a better position means at a minimum you move closer to the centre of the map

2. The movement of inactive cities... in release 1.101, this was stated "Improvement have been made to the way inactive accounts are handled on the World Map, to allow more of the active players on the world to be moved towards the center of the map. This change has been made to ensure more activity in everyone's surrounding area. "

Discussion of when an inactive city is determined to be inactive was discussed when this change hit the beta server with release 1.99 (in beta) beta release 1.99

3. Can you request your city to be moved rather than wait? I recently asked (for others in my fs) if people thought that it would be ok to ask support why a city hasn't been moved. The answers were that there was no reason not to. No members of my fs have done so though, so I have no experience with what support would say.

As an aside, my new beta city (8 weeks old) has moved 3 times in 8 weeks. And the new positions all had active trading, but I didn't figure out whether I am moving closer to the centre, I may just be circling the rim.

Some on the forum call those placeholder cities gold mines, rather appropriate I thought :)

Aritra

Some on the forum call those placeholder cities gold mines, rather appropriate I thought :)
Yep. Vacant but still providing NH coins. Glad placeholders still have output despite vacancy.
They could probably inhibit that but I'm glad they haven't. ;)

NightshadeCS

I would much rather have gold mines than cities who are stuck in a Main Hall upgrade. I cannot aid them, so they are useless.

Just to be clear, the gold mines are when there is actually no city there whatsoever, and the design of the hex on the map no longer looks like a little village or city. You just click once and get some coins, no hassle.

Looking around on my map, there are very few empty spots. You used to have a perpetual 3-5 gold mines hanging around. So it is probably a slow process to get moved. They have to remove an inactive city that has the same boosts as you and is closer to the center before you can get moved.

Aritra

@NightshadeCS
Thanks for clarification regarding gold mines. I think i came across them here and there in my early days. I didn't know what was happening at the time and after it stopped I forgot about it. Regardless, those vacant or abandoned cities are also gold mines of sorts.

Regarding NH being blocked by upgrade: There was a time when I regularly had 3+ cities with NH blocked by uprading. Game acted like you could help but there was nothing to select. Ive found that if I go to same place on mobile, I can actually select something and get my reward coins. I'm on PC 95% of the time; this was one of two reasons I'd pop over to mobile just for NH (the other being that the interface made it so much easier, especially after my map began growing so much)