• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac 2022

Kadhrin

I wonder if you rolled coins on the Daily Bonus (from the mobile app) if that would count? I would guess so, but I don't know that such a rare occurrence has ever happened to me.
When I have received goods from the Daily Bonus, they have not counted towards a quest. I suspect coinage would be the same.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
This is a small request, really. Can we please leave out the eye watering tables? Other players make tables too, and they are pleasing to view. I will link Sylvia's for you here

Lady Dastardly

This is a small request, really. Can we please leave out the eye watering tables? Other players make tables too, and they are pleasing to view.
This is a subjective opinion. While I agree that the blue background isn't ideal from a readability standpoint, I don't find it to be offensive. @BrinDarby asked for @Jackluyt's chest strategy, so that's what I posted. You seem to not care for Jack's event note style, which is your prerogative, but many players find it useful, and I appreciate that Jack shows his math. It's great that we have a variety of resources so everyone can use what works for them.

Also of note: Sylvia's charts do not take into account the potential extra currency in the chests, unlike Jack's, TomatoeHu's and idavis's. That's not wrong, but it is a different strategy.

Last edited:
I have 2 cities. One receives a different amount of goods it will produce from the Witty Raccoon than the other. Shouldn't they both receive the same amount?

Tauriel Dragonwood

Oh no! We need to help the Witty Raccoon as quickly as possible!
Those are awesome graphics. A wee bit terrifying, but awesome. Looks so real.
image_2022-09-09_015546494.png

Last edited:

Zoof

Only if that one is also about 12 feet tall. Pay attention to the different evolution stages and you will see this raccoon is huge.
Raccoon: Ooh! Tasty snack! *reaches out to street* Omnomno why is my snack screaming?

Thanks for planting that image in my head >.>
Excuse me while I go and feed last year's trash panda so he, too, won't reach out to the community

WizardKrieg

Hello everyone,

Autumn Zodiac 2022 has been announced here

Please use this thread to discuss the latest event, we'll be looking forward to hearing what you think of it.
I want to set that crazy raccoon riding that whatever as my wallpaper....where can I find a nice clean pix of it? Can't catch it on my computer.

michmarc

Note that @Jackluyt's isn't quite correct. The raw numbers are accurate, but it isn't always right to pick the chest with the "best" option because it may be too expensive when you have bad choices. A simple example to cite what I mean:

Say you have only 3 chests: a chest costing 50 that gives 5 event currency; a chest costing 201 that gives 5 event currency; and a chest costing 1 that gives 0 event currency. You get offered two at random each time.

If you rank them by how much event currency each one gives, you'd rank them ABC (or 50, 200, 1).

Clearly, if you get the choice of chest A (50) you should take it. But if you are given the choice between chest B (201) and chest C (1), you should take chest C. Not because it gives more event currency than chest A (it doesn't) but because it is cheap so you have more keys left to buy future chests. For the 200 keys you 'save' by not buying chest B, you would be able to pick chest A a little less than 4 times (on average).

This tends to affect choices "further down" the table -- the best overall chest should still be your first choice.

This means that the best way to optimize is (italicized entries are different from Jackluyt):
Grand Prizes: 70, 138, 79, 62, 37, 49, 115 [For 5000 currency, expect 11.9 grand prizes, 11.3 daily prizes, and 342.9 KP.]
Daily Prizes: 49, 35, 37, 70, 30, 62, 79 [For 5000 currency, expect 10.1 grand prizes, 13.9 daily prizes, and 98.2 KP.]
Knowledge Points: 138, 62, 79, 35, 37, 30, 115 [For 5000 currency, expect 11.4 grand prizes, 10.8 daily prizes, and 495.7 KP.]