• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac 2022

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
14/69. Solve 10 of any type of Encounter in any combination AND
Use 2 or 3 Enchantment Spells (varies per chapter)
Reward 70 keys (unmodified).
You must have fed your Ashen Phoenix @Dominionofgod.
Edit: this was the format I saw on Beta, as per your screenshot. On Gems we would write,
"Solve Province, Tournament and / or Spire Encounters 10 times"
in order to be accurate.

Zoof

So far, theyve always included the number in the text of a quest. 'solve 10 encounters etc etc' not just 'solve encounters etc ect'
And 'solve province' sounds much mroe like they ment 'complete a provence' rather then 'solve 10 encounters' (which they normally would say). I know it says encounters at the end, but i could see that causing confusion for some ppl.
I like that they specify "province" as a type of encounter as opposed to letting new(er) players who haven't figured out that an "encounter" that isn't specified as either Spire nor Tournament is one out in the provinces. This has been complained about... at least twice while I was looking. This also shows that the developers are, in fact, listening to us sometimes

I might not have said anything unless someone pointed it out, but here it is. I like the clear and concise way the quest is worded. There's no redundancy and if you try to read in between the lines, it implies that the actual value of the quest could be different (which I've seen is the case for earlier chapters in some of these quests)

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Assuming this is an error on todays quests.

Notes form beta:
69. Solve 10 province, tournament and / or spire encounters
Use 2 enchantment spells - 70

Todays quest window:

View attachment 13638

Hoping its jsut a slight typo and the machanics arnt effected.

I like that they specify "province" as a type of encounter as opposed to letting new(er) players who haven't figured out that an "encounter" that isn't specified as either Spire nor Tournament is one out in the provinces. This has been complained about... at least twice while I was looking. This also shows that the developers are, in fact, listening to us sometimes
Looking at it today, i guess it does make some sense in that wording. I think the fact that we/I are so used to seeing the wording of 'complete province' that it threw me for a moment. That was my first thought when i read the line. I quickly realized that wasnt what they were asking for, but it made me question the wording. Im also used to hearing players call them 'world map encounters'.

Tho now that i look at it again.. i do have to wonder; how can a world map encounter be the same value as a tourney/spire encounter. There are significantly fewwer world map encounters avialable to the avg player (or at least much more limited). Where as tourney and spire are nearly endlessly available. - Tho i guess adding a third option (world map) to the two (tourney/spire) option isnt a bad thing. It jsut seems a little disproportionate.

Zoof

Tho now that i look at it again.. i do have to wonder; how can a world map encounter be the same value as a tourney/spire encounter. There are significantly fewwer world map encounters avialable to the avg player (or at least much more limited). Where as tourney and spire are nearly endlessly available. - Tho i guess adding a third option (world map) to the two (tourney/spire) option isnt a bad thing. It jsut seems a little disproportionate.
You trade the endlessness of Tourney/Spire with the ability to have an on-demand encounter with provinces. Where tournaments and/or spire are available most days of the week, so long as you have a province scouted, you can complete encounters regardless of cooldowns and timing. Let's assume you have the resources needed to do said encounter.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Let's assume you have the resources needed to do said encounter.
Which does brush lightly over a couple of hard limits:
  1. The ability to produce orcs/mana/seeds/etc
  2. The ability to store enough coins in your Main Hall to trigger a scout.
We could always go back to the good old days when every tournament province had multiple encounters to solve?

Practically speaking, province encounters have a hard limit of some kind. Tournaments might have a weekly cap, but it's not low, and it resets every week.

Tauriel Dragonwood

In my newer fellowship, members are stuck for days when they try to complete "Solve province, tournament and/or or spire encounters." Even when the tournament is open, they see only 3 tournament provinces to complete. They need to complete more provinces of that relic type to open up more Tournament provinces.

They also don't have access to the Spire yet and solving encounters in the provinces on the world map can lead to overscouting, if they're not careful. These type of quests are still very difficult for new players.

Hint: To prevent overscouting, just complete 7 encounters so the game won’t count them as Completed Provinces in the next chapter.

Last edited:

Tauriel Dragonwood

Uh oh. Looks like Rocket is grounded for a while. He can’t fit into his airship until he loses some weight. I wonder who put that batch of cookies near him? Witty, the Mellow Feast is for the bears!

According to Xaverius, his sense of taste is exceptional. Chefs are arriving and setting up their shops within a stone’s throw of him so they can consult him when they try out new recipes. Must ask my citizens to take him for walks around our city. Less eating and more walking should help him lose some weight. Spent a wee bit of real money for this event to show my thanks for the beautiful artwork of Elvenar's graphic artists.

Witty Raccoon.JPG

BrinDarby

Very dissappointed that when you get near the end of
a 20 block, unlike other events, I need 2 more.... and I
get +3, +4, +5 , rather than max'n the chests @ +2 .....

1 of my worlds is @ 258, and my 3 chests are just that ,
+3, +4, +5 ... doubtfull I get 52 keys just from drops in
the next 24 hrs..... and cheapest chest is 79, yet I have 27.

Tauriel Dragonwood

I get so frustrated with quests in events sometimes. One world I'll get free keys as the reward but in another world, nothin'. Guess that's the luck of the draw. It can be maddening completing quests, especially when I see repeatable quests.

There were approximately 20 "Solve province, tournament and/or spire encounters." That's okay if you have access to the spire and tournaments. Some new players only can complete 3 tournament encounters and no spire encounters until they unlock the research. There were at least 10 "Collect Relics" and sometimes in huge amounts. Also, too many "Collect Vision Vapor" and "Produce fresh supplies." It was nice to see "Help neighbors" which I saw once. My friends, who I talked into playing Elvenar, dropped out after a few quests. They want events to be fun, not a grind.

If you were able to stick it out and evolve Witty up to level 10, the 200% production boost is a GREAT reward.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
You trade the endlessness of Tourney/Spire with the ability to have an on-demand encounter with provinces. Where tournaments and/or spire are available most days of the week, so long as you have a province scouted, you can complete encounters regardless of cooldowns and timing. Let's assume you have the resources needed to do said encounter.
I agree with the potential to have it always available in a sense. But a single quest for solving 10 world map encounters.. would bleed anyone dry quickly. When you consider how many events they run back to back, and how many quests that ask for tourney/spire and now world map encounters.. your going to run out fast. - Again tho, adding it as a third option to the spire/tourney encounters is still a decent idea. I just dont think it should be a 1:1 ratio.
Side note: I mentioned this many many event back, and inno seemed to listen.. until this event. But 10? again? I said then, and i still stay now, keep it at 8. Or at the very least, a multiple of 4. Spire is divided into sections of 4 encounters. It just makes sense to keep the number required a multiple of 4. World map encoutners are 8 per province as well. Also a multiple of 4. Asking for 10 is just an annoyance and inconvenience. - I was happy and gratful when inno changed it from 10 to 8 a while back. I was dissapointed when i saw 10 again on that quest.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
final tally for my two nearly identical cities.
Both cities did all quests, had ashen phoenix active, collected drops around the same city at the same time, 100 currency email, etc etc. Fully the same. - Cashed in first about 2-3 days before the end of event. I was going to cash in on vitality surge day, but i forgot.

Necro had 5171 at first cash in
Dom had 5182 at first cash in
The difference is from amounts collected on outskirts of city. Happens every event. Even tho both cities collect at the same time, every time, there is always a difference in time. This event, a difference on 11.

Dom
total normal currency 5693
currency from chests 2200
(7893 combined)
Chests (11): 350, 350 350, 50, 350, 350, 50, 50, 100, 50, 150
ended at *294 which got me the second base reward.

Necro
total normal currency 5682
currency from chests 2300
(7982 combined)
Chests (14): 50, 100, 150, 100, 350, 100, 100, 350, 50, 100, 350, 50, 100, 350
ended *297 which got me the second base

Its an interesting comparison between only two cities. But it all actually evened out pretty equally this time. That usually doesn't happen. I usually have one that got a lot more then the other.

I will note tho, that before i logged out for the night, silver league rank was at 281+. It might have gotten a little higher as ppl cashed in at the end. Having finished all quests, got all rewards, email currency, outskirts currency, and pretty lucky with chest currency.. i just BARLEY made it to silver. I did as much as is possible without spending money and only barley hit silver. - So for ppl that had less luck in chests, they completed everything and might have only gotten bronze at best. And thats always annoyed me. I like the league system, but i feel the luck factor in getting currency from chests can screw ppl over here doubly so. Not only will they have done everything possible and maybe not have gotten the artifacts for the building, but then they lose out on the league system as well. And all form no fault of there own.

As for me personally, i got lucky on both cities in chest currency rewards (might be the first time that happened at the same time). I ended with 9 artifacts and the base for the second building. Which is exactly where i want to be. Thats the spot i want to finish at. The scary part is that you can see how easily it would have been for me to fall short of that goal. My total normal currency was around 5,600. It took nearly 50% of that more in chest rewards to get that far. If I had had bad luck in chest currency, i would have gotten no where near that...

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Not sure how that helps because scouting cost (and hence encounter difficulty) go up as each province is scouted, not as they are completed.
It's not a blanket help, but there are times when it improves your situation.

Sometimes you need to "complete Province" and if you have some nearly-complete [provinces sitting around, it makes those easier.

Additionally, if you have the Endless Excavation, you might get extra relics for completion, so when you have a quest like "collect XX relics" you can get two, or three for a final encounter in a province, intead of the normal one.

Also, you can't scout past a province which isn't completed, so not finishing the province stops you from scouting those on the other side of it

Tauriel Dragonwood

Not sure how that helps because scouting cost (and hence encounter difficulty) go up as each province is scouted, not as they are completed.
When you start a new chapter, Advanced Scouts needs to be researched by completing a certain number of provinces.
If you have not gone over the 2nd number (for ex., 29/29), provinces should be easier to complete by either fighting or negotiating.

Advanced Scouts: “Reduces your scouting costs significantly. Lower scouting costs decrease negotiation costs and enemy army sizes.”

When ready to start fighting or negotiating in the Incomplete Provinces, if you only complete 7 Encounters in each one,
the game won’t count them as Completed Provinces. As you progress through the new chapter, research:

Squad Size Upgrades
Promotions and Training Grounds.
Of course, City Expansions too.
Upgrade Barracks to increase training speed.
Upgrade Armories to increase squad size.
Build and upgrade Ancient Wonders that increase health and strength of your troops.

If you do this, you’ll keep your army strong and find provinces much easier to complete.

I overscouted when I first started playing Elvenar, found provinces extremely difficult to fight in, and used up my goods negotiating all the time.
Then I couldn’t even negotiate because Orcs were needed to trade, which don’t show up until Chapter 8. See Elvenar’s Hint.

Hope this helps you to avoid overscouting and understand why I solve 7 encounters in a province instead of 8. When you reach
the start of another new chapter, you’ll be able to complete the required number of provinces without going over the 2nd number.

Last edited:

Fayeanne

Just for clarification: The enemy encounters and required negotiation resources are set in stone the moment you hit the Scout button. (And every time you scout a province, all unscouted provinces increase slightly in difficulty; this happens the moment you start the scout, not when the scout completes.) Whether you complete 7 or all 8 encounters in a province has no impact on the difficulty of the provinces whatsoever, and Advanced Scouts affects only future scouting, not provinces which have already been scouted.

Thus, when discussing difficulty, staying under the 29/29 number is not important; limiting your scouting is.

For new players it's best to scout only Very Easy and Easy provinces where possible (there's one rocky spot around Chapter V where you have to scout some Mediums to complete enough to unlock the next Advanced Scouts). Later in the game this becomes less of an issue because after a while most of the provinces wind up being Very Easy anyway.

Of course, if you have scouted some Medium, Hard, or Very Hard provinces, you can grow your city enough to make them easier to complete by doing the things suggested above, but those provinces will never change in the sense of the composition of the enemies and the resources required to negotiate, once they are scouted.

Tauriel Dragonwood

I wish I could remember who advised me on how to get Easy Provinces because I'd like to thank 'em. I've been scouting provinces and not completing them so the game won’t count them as Completed Provinces. I also don't go over the required Completed Provinces needed to unlock Advanced Scouting in each chapter. I've been upgrading armories, barracks and unlocking promotions to keep my army strong. So far, I have seen Easy Provinces and my new city is at the end of Chapter 3.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Side note: I mentioned this many many event back, and inno seemed to listen.. until this event. But 10? again? I said then, and i still stay now, keep it at 8. Or at the very least, a multiple of 4. Spire is divided into sections of 4 encounters. It just makes sense to keep the number required a multiple of 4. World map encoutners are 8 per province as well. Also a multiple of 4. Asking for 10 is just an annoyance and inconvenience. - I was happy and gratful when inno changed it from 10 to 8 a while back. I was dissapointed when i saw 10 again on that quest.
I agree with you. If I start seeing events are a grind to do instead of being fun, I stop playing the Event. I know you're probably saying, "You will miss out on the reward buildings if you quit the event." But I look at it this way, there will be thousands more events comin' our way, faster than Tom Cruise's
F-18. Did you know... in the latest Top Gun movie, Hollywood enhanced the F-18 with CGI to change it from a two-seat to a single seat. That really is a shot of Tom in the back seat of the F-18, being piloted by a genuine naval aviator.