• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Discussion Thread

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I noticed that the Zodiac event has some interesting changes in game play. First, the amount of keys needed for spheres has been increased. Second, I noticed that the highest % prizes in a sphere are more often than not the one I win unlike previous events. Third, The amount of star slots a sphere can fill has been decreased. I get it, the developers want to make more money off players but it will in the end kill the game, I have seen this many times so keep your greed in check if you want to go long distance.
In last year's zodiac event, you had to fill two zodiac animals to get one prize (artifact or whatever). Now, the number of stars in the zodiac animals are higher, but you only need one per item. So I guess that's why they have more stars now.

DeletedUser2870

More than a week into the event. I AM NOT IMPRESSED.
The yield/quest in event currency is about the same as previous events, the amount of stars needed to fill each constellation is the same as well.
However, the average yield per chest is WAY lower. Average of all 9 chests is a cost of 40.7 per star to fill, where I usually managed to average a cost of about 28 by taking low-cost chests a lot. There is NO low-cost chest at all to compensate the higher cost chests and even the medium-cost chests only yield 1 star instead of 2. So getting 9 evolutions with normal play already is going to be a serious challenge.
No stash outpost either this time around I guess. It's one of the few things I'll actually buy, did not get that offer this time, and it's one I really keep an eye out for.

Also, the idea of needing 2 of these artifacts to create 1 of the older ones now is even worse than before because the average per chest is so much higher.

It has been suggested often enough to introduce some way to get more evolutions for past events. Personally, I'd like to see each of the evolving buildings become like AW's, meaning a player can have only 1 of each. That would make it less hazardous to introduce a way for players to get those evolutions since it limits the very powerfull effects they can have, which is something the Devs obviously overlooked with the first phoenixes and the brown bear.

Dopeykr

It's interesting that once you fully evolve Moon Bear; INNO chose to offer a 24 hour special on Old Bear Bases, Old Bear Artifacts, Pet Food, & New Bear Artifacts.

DeletedUser2870

It's still 20 stars per constellation, and only odd constellations yield artifacts.
Yes, but you need more chests, at higher costs. Average of all 9 chests is 40.7 No low-cost chests at all and even the mid-range chests only give 1 star. At a cost of 49, 60 or 63 per chest that is really sad. And the 81 chest only gives 2, so again a cost of over 40! Even the 121 chest gives 4, so the cost is still over 30.
The lowest cost is 26 and that's only 1 chest. Even the 139 chest scores 27.8 and those 2 are the only chests where you get a price of less than 30/star.

Iamaita

It's interesting that once you fully evolve Moon Bear; INNO chose to offer a 24 hour special on Old Bear Bases, Old Bear Artifacts, Pet Food, & New Bear Artifacts.
Seriously?? What kind of special? Is this a limited deal or does everyone get this once they fully evolve the moon bear?

Would it actually make it cheaper/easier to just evolve the darn moon bear first and then buy the special to get my much desired brown bear evolved to be useful?

Dopeykr

Yes that is what appears after the Moon Bear is fully evolved. The downside to this sale is that it costs real money. $99.99 gets you all 3 Old Bear Bases with 9 Old Bear Artifacts + another structure. $79.99 gets you 9 Old Bear Artifacts. $49.99 gets you 5 New Bear Artifacts. $29.99 gets you 12 Pet Food.

Iamaita

Yes that is what appears after the Moon Bear is fully evolved. The downside to this sale is that it costs real money. $99.99 gets you all 3 Old Bear Bases with 9 Old Bear Artifacts + another structure. $79.99 gets you 9 Old Bear Artifacts. $49.99 gets you 5 New Bear Artifacts. $29.99 gets you 12 Pet Food.
Thanks! Was this a special offer just for you or does it show up for everyone? Because $79.99 is much cheaper than what I calculated for trying to use keys in the event to get enough artifacts to convert.

Can anyone else confirm this is a universal offer?

Darielle

It's still 20 stars per constellation, and only odd constellations yield artifacts.
ah ok. I remember last time thinking I should get two prizes because I completed two constellations, but it must have been that I just didn't get two artifacts. I just started then so I wasn't familiar with it.

Darielle

I wish I could get that. I have not seen a bear conversion artifact in the MA since Wednesday, and I've been getting up in the middle of the night so as not to miss a rotation. :(

On second thought, after seeing the price on it I think I would have had to pass anyway. I won't spend 80 bucks just for bear artifacts.

mikeledo

I managed to get 9 artifacts in all my cities last event. Looks like I may end up with 8. I didn't spend any money or diamonds.

GlamDoll

I am no math wiz, but it sounds about right @mikeledo ! Inno keeps raising the bar for $, and I keep raising the bar on entertainment value...

I would be happy if it were a stalemate, but nooo.

I spent $50 this go, because I was sick & tired of not having a bear in my city, but the milking is real!

Either this game is about to die, or Inno is more greedy than any other games I have played in my life!@

@InnoGames you can quote me on it. I doubt you will ever thank me, but you are still welcome, all the same.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I'm not a fan of the randomness of the event. The daily prizes are rarely worth more than the non-dailies. IF I get a +5 sphere its on a prize that I'm not especially impressed with. I get this is all about income and not about play, but I'm gonna put this out there.... Inno wants to make millions, I get that, most of us would love to rake in millions, but when it comes to attracting new players and retaining them in order to get the revenue, sucking the fun and air out of the game seems counter productive in my view.

GlamDoll

sucking the fun and air out of the game seems counter productive in my view

Agreed. I stopped lurking & got on this Forum & started posting over Events for the same reason.
I spent over a year talking about the fun factor & here we all are.
I have spent ridiculous $ in my 2+ years here...but evidently, others have spent sooo much more that my pennies to Inno are of no concern or consequence.

The staff there needs a shakedown! I'm sure they will figure it out after they go under & blame it on the bean-counters! It is standard operating procedures these days.

TL/DR: I am what many have called a filthy casual player & locusts...I don't raid & go from game to game. Meanwhile. I start spending my money elsewhere That is entertaining...

It really is that simple, at least for myself. I would not dream of speaking for another.

StormShark55

In last year's zodiac event, you had to fill two zodiac animals to get one prize (artifact or whatever). Now, the number of stars in the zodiac animals are higher, but you only need one per item. So I guess that's why they have more stars now.
Not what I meant by the stars, Before, one could select a sphere that would give you up to 6 stars, don't see that anymore.