• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Discussion Thread

Sunnydae

I noticed that the Zodiac event has some interesting changes in game play. First, the amount of keys needed for spheres has been increased. Second, I noticed that the highest % prizes in a sphere are more often than not the one I win unlike previous events. Third, The amount of star slots a sphere can fill has been decreased. I get it, the developers want to make more money off players but it will in the end kill the game, I have seen this many times so keep your greed in check if you want to go long distance.
:confused::confused::confused: Where are the smaller Spheres? I miss the MUCH lower Chests/Spheres etc. and I have NOT been able to do many spheres even with 300 keys...the smaller, newer players also must be frustrated.. seems like over 60 is the main amounts and I am so frustrated.. give us back the smaller chests etc...

BrinDarby

For the last 2 events...... Zodiac, & Pilgramage , after AirTraders and compared to...
have progressively had lower stat bldgs, and higher cost/chance to win items/prizes...
I hit (1) 500 keys, and (2) 200 keys , and I'll be hardpress'd to get the 9th artifact.
I had no problem getting Golumn , in Pilgramage , to Stage 10 ( 9 artifacts ).

Good thing I guess I went for a Brown Bear instead, even @ 2:1 for artifacts....
None of the bldgs seem to help me, so its all BrownBear for me.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
For the last 2 events...... Zodiac, & Pilgramage , after AirTraders and compared to...
have progressively had lower stat bldgs,
Prizes have gotten weaker since winter 2016 except for a few exceptions where inno losses their mind and gives us something like a Firechicken, 20 wishing wells, or a dozen Venar's iii.
It's feast or famine with the devs. We've theorized that there are totally different crews working different events (how else to explain FA rewards?) and those crews have totally different ideas about balance.

Sunnydae

Prizes have gotten weaker since winter 2016 except for a few exceptions where inno losses their mind and gives us something like a Firechicken, 20 wishing wells, or a dozen Venar's iii.
It's feast or famine with the devs. We've theorized that there are totally different crews working different events (how else to explain FA rewards?) and those crews have totally different ideas about balance.
Thanks... I too had no problem getting a Golem...and ALL 10 evolutions but this one has KILLED me.. I did get a couple of 100 and maybe a 200?? not sure i was TRYING to get TROOPS!!! lol and Enchantments..oh well.. next one will be different...again... i just miss my 19 chests.. lol

Deleted User - 848973765

Such disappoint. I always used my keys in the most efficient way possible... mostly 26x1, 139x5, and 121x4 but it is impossible to get the last artifact. What a hoax. At this point i wouldn't even be surprised if the last day's quest took longer than 24hrs to complete... like that stupid one requiring 4 enhancements. I did all the things. Why the fk should completion be dependent on luck??

StarLoad

@Nightguest here is some reasonable feedback, alert the Devs to the fact that we can easily see when an event is unfair and to force an FA to help complete an unfair event is just a sad state of affairs for the game.

When you deconstruct the event to see what is the best chest choices for the grand prize as is done for every event it should come as no surprise that INNO took that information and used it against the players in stacking this events odds.

Look at the history of events Data from Elvengems.com - events
Phoenix 2020 -- Feathers / Grand Prize -- Light Wood (19), Red (84), Gold (53)
Elvarian Carnival -- Flags / Grand Prize -- Light Wood(18), Blue (30), Gold (54)
Autumn Zodiac 2019 -- Stardust/Grand Prizes -- Chests 18, 29, 85
Mermaids -- Pearls/Grand Prizes -- Clam (18), Cantharus (29), Yellow Prickly Cockle (85)

This event
Autumn Zodiac 2020 -- Grand Prize -- Golden Keys 139, Golden Keys 121

If that does not speak volumes to you as to how the event was rigged against you then I feel sorry for you.

Sunnydae

at the end... FINALLY.... this Event SUCKED. Fix the Amounts... give us back at least a FEW under 20... Bollocks....not fair at ALL... ESPECIALLY to the newer, smaller cities... they never had a chance

T6583

@Nightguest my biggest issue is that for the first time in the almost 4 years that I’ve been playing I’ve completed all of the quests and wasn’t able to get the final artifact to evolve the building in a city. My ch 16 city completed all quests and came up short. My ch. 15 city completed all quests and was able to get all of the artifacts. It received 3 more “grand” prizes than my ch. 16 city. I chose the most cost effective chests in each orb rotation in each city. The biggest difference is that my ch. 15 city was lucky and hit the 500 essence 3 times and the 200 essence several times as well. This event basically said either you get lucky with the random chests or you spend money. Players shouldn’t have to relay on an FA to have a fully evolved building. Especially if they completed all quests. They also shouldn’t have to relay on luck from the chests. Talk about a slap in the face. Why continue to even participate in future events if Inno has made it so you can’t get the prize if you compete all of the quests without luck, participation in an FA and hope that your FS can achieve the chests with the artifacts, or to spend money. I used to spend money to support this game but Inno keeps giving me more and more reasons not to anymore. At this point it’s been almost a year since I’ve spent any money on the game due to some of the changes they’ve made and the lackluster prizes. Even if I spent some money I’d be angry for completing all of the quests and needing to shell out more money to get a fully evolved grand prize. Btw I read about the deal some players were getting after fully evolving their moonbear. I never received that deal in my Ch. 15 city and had I there would’ve be a good chance I would have spent some money.

Last edited:

Rp44

Besides how much luck played a part in getting evolutions :(, I was also incredibly disappointed that the special bear deal was not offered to everyone, or information made known about it in advance. (I know that's a fool's hope, but sometimes I have to keep dreaming.)

My one active city without a brown bear (on another account) was in Woodelves for most of the event (just entered S&D this morning). The moon bear is really excellent for mana production, but the Brown Bear will be more beneficial to me long-term, so I have been converting artifacts & evolving my brown bear. If I had known about the deal ahead of time, and if it was offered to everyone, I would have leveled my Moon Bear first. Sadly, by the time I saw the info here, my brown bear was already two evolutions in. This is an event I would have spent more money on, but that opportunity was lost.

The Unbeliever

This event sucked - complete waste of time & resources, and now we're FORCED to complete a FA just to get the final missing 1-2 evolutions?!

What a dumpster fire they've turned this game into. :(:(:(
Devs are too incompetent to even remotely balance things themselves, so instead they blame the players and nerf everything that made tihs game fun into the ground.

My dad & I have over 80k diamonds saved up now - ALL from WW's, chapter advancements, spire, etc... And we have no intention of spending them any time soon as there's no point anymore;
1. premium expansions now screw players over by making the Spire (and soon) Tournaments borderline unplayable.
2. No need for magic ressies/workshops, since there's no point in growing cities beyond the bare minimum due in large part to the above.
3. Events are pure garbage now and offer nothing but useless crap.

Good job Inno, you've actually managed to encourage us NOT to spend even free dias!lol :p

Deleted User - 4750465

@Nightguest my biggest issue is that for the first time in the almost 4 years that I’ve been playing I’ve completed all of the quests and wasn’t able to get the final artifact to evolve the building in a city. My ch 16 city completed all quests and came up short. My ch. 15 city completed all quests and was able to get all of the artifacts. It received 3 more “grand” prizes than my ch. 16 city. I chose the most cost effective chests in each orb rotation in each city. The biggest difference is that my ch. 15 city was lucky and hit the 500 essence 3 times and the 200 essence several times as well. This event basically said either you get lucky with the random chests or you spend money. Players shouldn’t have to relay on an FA to have a fully evolved building. Especially if they completed all quests. They also shouldn’t have to relay on luck from the chests. Talk about a slap in the face. Why continue to even participate in future events if Inno has made it so you can’t get the prize if you compete all of the quests without luck, participation in an FA and hope that your FS can achieve the chests with the artifacts, or to spend money. I used to spend money to support this game but Inno keeps giving me more and more reasons not to anymore. At this point it’s been almost a year since I’ve spent any money on the game due to some of the changes they’ve made and the lackluster prizes. Even if I spent some money I’d be angry for completing all of the quests and needing to shell out more money to get a fully evolved grand prize. Btw I read about the deal some players were getting after fully evolving their moonbear. I never received that deal in my Ch. 15 city and had I there would’ve be a good chance I would have spent some money.
I used the Grand Prize approach and was able to get 10, 11, and 11 upgrades across 3 cities. 26, 121, and 139 were the best choices.

T6583

I used the Grand Prize approach and was able to get 10, 11, and 11 upgrades across 3 cities. 26, 121, and 139 were the best choices.
I also used the grand prize approach. But still came up short in my one city due to how the random orbs came up. Unfortuantly one city got hit more often with rounds containing orbs that were didn't include any 26, 121, or 139 options. When your choices are 81, 60, and 63 or some other combination without either of the 3 good ones it doesn't help you. So again it comes down to you are either lucky or you spend money in this event. Other past events didn't feel this way to me.

Deleted User - 4750465

I also used the grand prize approach. But still came up short in my one city due to how the random orbs came up. Unfortuantly one city got hit more often with rounds containing orbs that were didn't include any 26, 121, or 139 options. When your choices are 81, 60, and 63 or some other combination without either of the 3 good ones it doesn't help you. So again it comes down to you are either lucky or you spend money in this event. Other past events didn't feel this way to me.
I never had to choose 49, 60, 63, or 81. I should also mention that I'm constantly collecting keys around my cities.

Rp44

I played 10 cities completely through this event. I am constantly picking up keys around my cities. I had several rounds of orb choices that did not include the 26, 121 or 139, which was also the strategy I followed. I did not keep track during the event, so I can't say proportionally how many times I had orbs I didn't really want, but there were several.

In the six cities I spent no money on, three got eight artifacts, two got nine and one got ten.

I am sincerely glad that some people had such good luck. :) But that good luck does not mean others didn't have bad luck, even putting forth the same effort and following the same strategy.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I never had to choose 49, 60, 63, or 81. I should also mention that I'm constantly collecting keys around my cities.
A lot of us collect keys constantly, choose the best available chests, etc, etc, etc, but all we are saying is that luck should not prevent a person from fully evolving a building. Sure, luckier people get more stuff; that's a given. But luck should not be a prerequisite for getting the basic prize evolved. I'm glad you were lucky, but that is not the point here.

NightshadeCS

I just cannot bring myself to complain about this event, despite the strange drastic increase in orb costs and the decrease in available keys.

I love the look of everything involved with the event, so it was pleasing even when those orbs were messing with my mind.

I have had quite good luck getting extra event currency in chests of events past, but was not so fortunate this time. In three cities, I received 8, 8, and 7 evolution artifacts, optimizing orb selections and logging in multiple times per day (no purchases).

The last was for a small city in chapter 5 and I barely finished the entire questline with about 3 hours to spare. That city was difficult due to the relic and encounter quests, since it is in an awkward place for goods and troops.

As long as we can get a couple of artifacts in the FA, I will be happy with fully evolved Moon Bears for all three cities, should I wish to place him.

GlamDoll

I hear ya. I can't bring myself to complain about the spice of life. This event was beyond a joke in regards to keys vs orbs. Period. There is no debate.