• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Discussion Thread

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The grand prizes have always been about good luck. My chapter 16 Live server city finished 12 star dust short of the 9th artifact, while my chapter 6 Beta server city got all 9 easily. My Beta city also got way more keys back from the spheres than my Live city did. It is all just dumb Inno luck and not worth the breath or the keystrokes of people to complain about it. Now, if we have an event where even with winning a couple thousand extra event currency, we still can't make a complete grand prize building or set? That would be worth complaining about.

StarLoad

And if nobody provides constructive feedback even when negative we will surely get to that event type sooner. I didn't complain just to complain, I offered constructive criticism about what was wrong with the event.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
And if nobody provides constructive feedback even when negative we will surely get to that event type sooner. I didn't complain just to complain, I offered constructive criticism about what was wrong with the event.

It has been over a year and a half with the format of an event followed by an FA, which gives most any player who makes a decent effort the ability to get the 9 artifacts to max the building. And it is apparent to Inno that this is working the way they want it to.

Iamaita

I think it’s worth it to complain if it makes you feel better. Catharsis and what not. :)

I am simultaneously really happy and really grumpy about this event. I’m happy because I love the new fall decor in my city. It’s pretty. I’m happy because I have made 130 squads of troops today with my new stage 7 brown bear (and some time instants). I am grumpy because the special offer for old bears was not universal. I spent about the same amount of money getting 14 moon bear artifacts as I would have on the special offer, which was a much better deal. After fully evolving the moon bear in a secondary city and not receiving the offer, I just didn’t want to gamble in my main city. So I forked up a lot of diamonds to guarantee getting the brown bear up to a useful level. I would have been less grumpy if they had just put up a temporary store and let us all buy what we wanted outright during the event instead of making us play a slot machine to try to win things. I got some good stuff, but I think I spent way too much money doing it and will likely not spend any more for a while.

A month ago I was begging for an opportunity to get a brown bear and willing to pay for it. So... I guess I got what I wanted, but I’m mad about it the way I had to get it and how much it cost? Lol Some people are just never satisfied.

I just hope they take all the angry grumbling to heart and make the fire Phoenix cheaper to get if that event rolls around again. Universal special offer and a more reasonable price please!

T6583

It has been over a year and a half with the format of an event followed by an FA, which gives most any player who makes a decent effort the ability to get the 9 artifacts to max the building.
Players who complete ALL quests shouldn’t have to relay on an FA to get a fully upgraded building. That’s my main issue with this event. Never have I personally experienced putting in the effort to complete all quests and not being able to achieve the “grand” prize. (I’m not even sure I’m gonna even place the Moonbear in my city, it’s more the point of the effort put in vs the ability to achieve the full reward) Not to mention not all players like the FA or even want to participate in it. Those who put in the effort and completed ALL quests shouldn’t be forced to participate in the FA in order to get a fully upgraded building. Solo players may also be forced to either miss out on the full reward despite completion of the quests unless they join an FS for the FA. Nor should being able to get the required artifacts needed be based on luck. Yes there are different strategies to picking the chests based on what you’re hoping to achieve. But as we’re seeing several of us all used the same strategy, completed ALL quests, and got varying results solely based on luck due to the randomness of the orbs and the prizes in the orbs. I’m not a fan of events being randomized to some extent. It’s still better than some of the past event styles we’ve had but it’s still has flaws that need to be looked at. Probably unpopular opinion here but I kinda miss the 3 grand prize system despite maybe only once getting the top tier grand prize. Didn’t we have an event style at one point where there was just 3 chests that always cost the same? A low cost, mid cost, and high cost chest that awarded prizes and essence based on the chest you choose?

BrinDarby

All the bears were offered in MA, special pkgs were sold, so then
wouldn't it make more sense with only 2 available to then have
universal artifacts as the FA prizes..... Along with what was already
said, Independants & smaller FSs may only get thru lvl-2 in FA, then
1 artifact can't even be converted..

Comon Inno, don't be so stingy with so few prizes....
Make the FA prizes be universal Bear artifacts....

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Players who complete ALL quests shouldn’t have to relay on an FA to get a fully upgraded building. That’s my main issue with this event. Never have I personally experienced putting in the effort to complete all quests and not being able to achieve the “grand” prize.

Well I guess you have always been one of the lucky ones before this. This event was the third one where I did not get 9 artifacts during the event and needed at least one from the FA to max the building.

Dopeykr

All the bears were offered in MA, special pkgs were sold, so then
wouldn't it make more sense with only 2 available to then have
universal artifacts as the FA prizes..... Along with what was already
said, Independants & smaller FSs may only get thru lvl-2 in FA, then
1 artifact can't even be converted..

Comon Inno, don't be so stingy with so few prizes....
Make the FA prizes be universal Bear artifacts....
Why just restrict to any particular Artifact; just make it truly universal and make

Ibison

It has been over a year and a half with the format of an event followed by an FA, which gives most any player who makes a decent effort the ability to get the 9 artifacts to max the building. And it is apparent to Inno that this is working the way they want it to.
There were no FAs after May Celebration or Air Trader

Deleted User - 4750465

Players who complete ALL quests shouldn’t have to relay on an FA to get a fully upgraded building. That’s my main issue with this event. Never have I personally experienced putting in the effort to complete all quests and not being able to achieve the “grand” prize. (I’m not even sure I’m gonna even place the Moonbear in my city, it’s more the point of the effort put in vs the ability to achieve the full reward) Not to mention not all players like the FA or even want to participate in it. Those who put in the effort and completed ALL quests shouldn’t be forced to participate in the FA in order to get a fully upgraded building. Solo players may also be forced to either miss out on the full reward despite completion of the quests unless they join an FS for the FA. Nor should being able to get the required artifacts needed be based on luck. Yes there are different strategies to picking the chests based on what you’re hoping to achieve. But as we’re seeing several of us all used the same strategy, completed ALL quests, and got varying results solely based on luck due to the randomness of the orbs and the prizes in the orbs. I’m not a fan of events being randomized to some extent. It’s still better than some of the past event styles we’ve had but it’s still has flaws that need to be looked at. Probably unpopular opinion here but I kinda miss the 3 grand prize system despite maybe only once getting the top tier grand prize. Didn’t we have an event style at one point where there was just 3 chests that always cost the same? A low cost, mid cost, and high cost chest that awarded prizes and essence based on the chest you choose?
This philosophy where players want everything to be achievable and easy and whatnot just doesn't make sense to me. I get it if you want to talk about the business aspect of Inno as well as the fairness of rewards for players who are paying money. I honestly don't know how they are staying afloat with their diamonds philosophy. Maybe most players here are just in it for the great graphics? I prefer some randomness; otherwise, it just gets repetitive and boring.

I've only been here for about 6 months now, so maybe I'm missing some of the story.

Deleted User - 4750465

Then consider yourself one of the lucky ones.
Possibly, but 81 also isn't that bad in terms of the grand prize at 40.5 per orb with a 10% chance of 100 keys. 63 has better than a 1 in 4 chance of getting most of your keys back. 49 and 60 are just horrible, so anyone who chose one of those two can't complain. I also ALWAYS prioritized 121 and 139 when they came up. If I didn't have enough yet then I would wait until I did.

T6583

@Dasani20 I've been playing for almost 4 years. Alot of the strategies you are mentioning are all things that myself and other players have done. At this point from what I've read you and I played the event the same way with the same strategy. I log in more times a day than I care to mention to collect keys. Yet you and I had different results for doing the pretty much the exact same thing in our cities. I had 2 cities that I played the exact same way with different results. One city got all the artifacts needed. One didn't despite putting in the same amount of work and effort in both cities all because of the randomness / luck factor. That's an issue for me. It always has been. If I put in the same effort in all of my cities I should be rewarded with the same reward. I wasn't. Others also experienced they same thing. This is the first time since the evolving buildings have come out where I finished the event by completing all quests and optimized all of my choices and decisions to get the grand prize where I wasn't able to. There were no dalies that I was interested in any or the other strategies avialable. I refused to even put effort in last year's winter event because of how the event was set up and how it was so random. If I completed a quest doing my regular game play then I collected it. I never even came close to finishing the event quest list. I collected 6 artifacts by paying next to no attention to the event. After the FA I had 8 artifacts (which we only did because my FS voted to do it). I don't want things handed out for free at all. However if I take the time to put in the effort to complete the event, especially for an event that more than one player has called difficult compared to other recent events, I expect to be rewarded with a full evolved building without having to participate in an FA. I consider FA's a seperate event. Not part of the event that we just finished. Putting in the effort, completing the event, and not getting the full reward can be frustrating for alot of players as well as discouraging. Inno wants feedback. This is it. I may not even place the moonbear. I'm still debating if its worth the space in my city. My issue is with how the event was designed and how I'm personally seeing a difference in how much the random factor(s) affected players for doing the same thing. I also don't like the idea of trying to force players to participate in the FA just to finish getting the prize they already put the time and effort into getting. FA's are alot of work in my opinion and difficult for alot of FS to even finish to begin with. If Inno wants increase participation or interest in the FA's there's been plenty of other suggestions elsewhere on the various forums on how to do that.

T6583

@Enevhar Aldarion you may very well be correct that I had been one of the lucky ones in past events. Despite that my opinion still stands. In those past events since you put in the effort and completed the event you shouldn't have had to relay on the FA to get the full prize and have to put even more work, time, and effort into it. You should have been able to achieve it by completing all of the quests and if you used the optimization strategy for the grand prize. I never liked the randomness. I also admit that is personal preference. I hated the random quests. I hated last years winter event to the point I didn't actively participate. Same with the May event with the shuffleboard.

GlamDoll

I love this Forum!!! It's so predictable. Just Like Inno is with Events these days...

There is no debate.

And this thread turned into a bonfire after I posted this. I have played enough Events without spending money to get a Level 10 building. I have also payed my share in Events so I could GET a level 10 building. I have given many details, that I have had people 'flame' me and/or whatever at me for my 'voice' here...

This was the most expensive Event in ALL my Events here thus far, regarding keys & orbs.

BTW, On that, as I already stated, there IS NO DEBATE. Unpopular opinion or not, IDC & IDGAF. Why? Because it is the truth.

Done here, cya all at the next Event(less) :(

What a joke :(

BrinDarby

I got my 9th artifact, litterally in the last 15 min, on 1 last key drop.....
Don't ever say those keys aren't important, so I guess I got just lucky
enough..... I hit (1) 500 keys, and (3-4) 200 keys..... alot harder than
Pilgrimage was , for sure...... even doing all 75 tasks....

The Unbeliever

I did not land a single extra key bonus from the stupid orbs. :(
I barely managed to pull out 5 - yes, just 5!! daily specials!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
First time ever, in nearly 4 years that I've been this heavily fethed over by an event.

If Inno is going to make the RNG's this pathetic, then please, just forget about the actual event, and instead give out randumbly assorted prizes - at least that way I don't have to grind my city to a dead halt to play through these ever depressing gakfests.

farsticks2

I got my 9th artifact, litterally in the last 15 min, on 1 last key drop.....
Don't ever say those keys aren't important, so I guess I got just lucky
enough..... I hit (1) 500 keys, and (3-4) 200 keys..... alot harder than
Pilgrimage was , for sure...... even doing all 75 tasks....

I needed ten more space dots before getting the 9th, but I didn't have enough keys, and since I needed 8 to evolve my polar bear (I had 5 artifacts from last year's event), I didn't even bother. But it would've been nice.