• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Discussion Thread

Iamaita

I was looking at the evolutions for the moon bear and saw that at stage 7, it drops one broken shard each day. As an earlier chapter player working to get wonders, would this be a better drop for me than an extra kp? It seems like broken shards are harder to come by than kp.

I also noticed that it takes 75 quests to get the Ferris wheel in this event. If the quest list on elven gems is accurate, this would mean that you have to complete the first 54 quests on day one and then complete the 21 additional daily quests to get the Ferris wheel. This seems like it would make the Ferris wheel impossible to win. I feel like I must be missing something. Did more quests get added between beta and live? Am I misunderstanding how the quests work? Someone please clue me in.

shimmerfly

Your right. You can buy KP or earn it in tourneys, so my answer would be a shard a day would be helpful if your working on wonders.
Truth be told I haven't looked at the quests lists and like to play the events blind so no answer on that one from me!

GlamDoll

If you finish the first 54 quests on day five, you will have access to the first 5 daily quests immediately and then one per day after that
Duh. Thanks for reminding me...I did get to do a few before I reached one per day. I guess me saying I need more coffee at 6pm is not gonna fly?
Thanks

GlamDoll

Okay, I give up. What things can be crafted in the MA with shards for AWs? My MA must be broken, I do not recall ever seeing anything in there that want shards. Maybe I do need more coffee after all.

After you fill the bar with 10 shards you can forge a rune into any AW you are trying to fill the wheel on.
Then rinse & repeat.

LordVorKon

Okay, I give up. What things can be crafted in the MA with shards for AWs? My MA must be broken, I do not recall ever seeing anything in there that want shards. Maybe I do need more coffee after all.

After you fill the bar with 10 shards you can forge a rune into any AW you are trying to fill the wheel on.
Then rinse & repeat.

They're kind of rare, but every once in a while you'll see an Ancient Knowledge instant or something that wants broken shards. I see one maybe once or twice a week.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Who is writing the Elvenar news!! We need to know so we can give themselves lessons in the use of punctuation!!!
Could do with a verb occasionally :rolleyes:

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Okay, I give up. What things can be crafted in the MA with shards for AWs? My MA must be broken, I do not recall ever seeing anything in there that want shards.
There was a time where a bunch of set buildings gave shards and between those and the tournament we were drowning in them.
In response to our requests, they added 3 recipes for turning shards into KP.
5,7, and 10 maybe? They're not great.

LordVorKon

5,7, and 10 maybe? They're not great.

I want to say the biggest one is a 15.

As for 'not great', I'd have to disagree. Okay, maybe it's not super awesome, but it's not trash, either.
1) Turn broken shards I don't need into AK I do need?
2) Make AK without burning through CC for once?

The only downside I see is that the recipe seems to come up when I don't quite have the shards.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I want to say the biggest one is a 15.
I meant the input was 5,7,10 shards for X,Y,Z KP (and I'm not sure if that's correct)
plus 1,2,3 CC iirc?
15 sounds right for the output.

As for 'not great', I'd have to disagree.
When we asked for a change we dreamed of simply converting 10 broken shards into a "rainbow" rune rather than KP.
Still, you're right that now with the spire giving so many CC the recipe is easier to take because it essentially costs nothing.

GlamDoll

TY both @SoggyShorts @LordVorKon

I was solo a long time and spell frags were always tight for me (Never really did much in The Spire til recently), so I didn't really pay all that much to my MA, unless I knew I had spell frags & cc's..

One of the perks to solo play & not really playing the game :/

Will certainly be looking at my MA more often now.

I could have crafted when I had 10 shards & nowhere to put them. @.@

Iamaita

@Iamaita just my opinion, shards are not really worth much. You can craft a few things in the MA with them, but unless you are actively trying to fill the wheel on a wonder. They just build up and vanish. Am I missing something?
If you already have all the ancient wonders, I can see not really thinking the shards are special. I am trying to complete the rune wheel on 3 AW right now... one for an upgrade and two new ones. So I like them. I never seem to get the whole runes I actually need, so I’m primarily depending on the shards. The Ferris wheel from the last event is nice for that, but I can see a benefit to keeping the moon bear at 7 since it won’t expire. It looks like you have to do another rune phase every 5 upgrades or so... I don’t see running out of places for shards for a while. At some point I’m sure that I will start accumulating the rune shards faster than I have places to put them... but if you can convert them to ancient knowledge in the magic academy... Anyway, just sort of thinking out loud here. I’m still keeping my fingers crossed for a brown bear crafting option at which point I will likely discard any thoughts of even placing the moon bear.

LordVorKon

I meant the input was 5,7,10 shards for X,Y,Z KP (and I'm not sure if that's correct)
plus 1,2,3 CC iirc?
15 sounds right for the output.

No, the broken shards replace the Catalysts, so it takes Spell Fragments + Shards, instead of Fragments + CC. Also, I think the big one takes 9 shards.

SoggyShorts said:
When we asked for a change we dreamed of simply converting 10 broken shards into a "rainbow" rune rather than KP.
Still, you're right that now with the spire giving so many CC the recipe is easier to take because it essentially costs nothing.

Fair enough.

If you already have all the ancient wonders, I can see not really thinking the shards are special. I am trying to complete the rune wheel on 3 AW right now... one for an upgrade and two new ones. So I like them. I never seem to get the whole runes I actually need, so I’m primarily depending on the shards. The Ferris wheel from the last event is nice for that, but I can see a benefit to keeping the moon bear at 7 since it won’t expire. It looks like you have to do another rune phase every 5 upgrades or so... I don’t see running out of places for shards for a while. At some point I’m sure that I will start accumulating the rune shards faster than I have places to put them... but if you can convert them to ancient knowledge in the magic academy... Anyway, just sort of thinking out loud here. I’m still keeping my fingers crossed for a brown bear crafting option at which point I will likely discard any thoughts of even placing the moon bear.

Yes, every wonder requires a new round of runes every five levels (so lvl 1,6,11,16, etc). I've left a couple rune rings open just so I can have a place to put broken shards when the Academy recipe doesn't come up at a convenient time. They're on wonders I'm not as excited about, so I'm okay leaving them blocked. There was a time a while back where I lost about a month of broken shards from the tournament for lack of a place to put them.

Since I'm currently just waiting for Chapter 17, all of my KP goes into Wonders. I still don't see a time where I'd prioritize broken shards over KP.