• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Discussion Thread

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I meant the input was 5,7,10 shards for X,Y,Z KP (and I'm not sure if that's correct)
plus 1,2,3 CC iirc?
15 sounds right for the output.

The small recipe uses two broken shards and the big recipe uses eight, but I can't remember what the medium one uses, but probably five. And I am pretty sure the AKs made are 5, 10, and 15.

Now, on the subject of the event, it ended a couple of days ago on Beta and I collected 9 artifacts and converted 8 or them into 4 old bear artifacts. Now just waiting on the FA to get 2 more and make 1 more old one and have a level 6 Brown Bear after all that. Since my Beta city is only chapter 6, I may just use that one leftover new artifact and have a level 2 Moon Bear until it outlives it's usefulness.

I can also say, while I did get the full 9 on Beta, I feel this event was tougher to get 9 than in previous events. I won close to 2000 extra keys from the orbs, so without them, I would have maybe only gotten 7 artifacts instead.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I can also say, while I did get the full 9 on Beta, I feel this event was tougher to get 9 than in previous events. I won close to 2000 extra keys from the orbs, so without them, I would have maybe only gotten 7 artifacts instead.
Yeah, I managed 7.9 artifacts but I won 500 diamonds from crafting so I bought 100 keys to get another artifact.
I didn't win Jack for free keys though, maybe 300?

Iyapo1

If you already have all the ancient wonders, I can see not really thinking the shards are special.
I actually only have 1 wonder at the moment. Most of them I dont want at all. So when I need to fill the wheel on my one I just break shards filling the wheel on wonders I dont want. If their wheel fills up I just build them, sell them and repeat.

Vysanthea

Wow first hours after the start of the event and already I have in my Magic Academy the ability to craft a new to old Bear Artifact, I just need two of the New ones. Bu t the event just started and I have none of the old bears and sadly in just the few hours the event was on I was unable to get the required TWO artifacts. Really lame to start that way and still no bears to craft ...
I also found that disappointing. With the tasks talking so long to complete it's making it hard to even attain bear artifacts for the moon bear let alone craft ones for the other bears. I kinda feel mislead by the video.

DeletedUser21351

Here are some Comments and Suggestions from our experience in Beta:

Please feel free to submit your own comments for inclusion in our event note: https://tinyurl.com/y4va7r9o
  1. The technical production and artwork is as usual excellent.
    Well done Elvenar team!

2. The Quest Set is similar to the previous event. IMO, it is one of the best the designers have ever produced! Lots of alternatives, and not a lot of mindless repetition; also many quest requirements are ‘educative’ - and so far I have found not a single quest that any player can’t do, or which forces them to do stuff that goes against their city building philosophy.
    Well done event designers!!
    It is wonderful that the designers are so willing to listen to player feedback these days!

3. Note: If you do not particularly like the Moon Bear Building, new artifacts have appeared in Crafting Recipes that allow you to convert 2 new Bear Artifacts to 1 of the old kind, so you can evolve some Bears from last year’s event. The three old Bear buildings (Brown, Panda and Polar) can also be crafted in recipes that appear from time to time in your Magic Academy, if you do not own them already.

NOTE: There are not enough Artifacts to fully evolve a Brown Bear - you will need 18 and that is not possible in the event for an ordinary player. Artifacts may be available in a Fellowship Adventures that follows the event - but still not enough.

I also am very against the idea of needing a Fellowship Adventures to follow an event, to complete the number of Artifacts you need to evolve a building - it locks us into more FA’s per year than many players and fellowships are comfortable with.

It is really time for the designers to consider an Universal Artifact that would allow one to evolve all the buildings that newcomers find in their Magic Academy!
    I know Innogames do not want fully evolved buildings to come cheaply - so here is a suggestion:
    Why not introduce Artifact Fragments - something like Broken Rune Shards? You could win these in FA’s and other mini-events - and when you have enough of them, you can craft a Universal Artifact. To keep Artifacts rare, the designers could decide how many of these would be needed to make just one, and that would preserve the rarity.
    Old, unwanted Artifacts from buildings you co not want could also be broken to make Artifact Fragments...

4. The Daily Log-In Bonus is a superb idea! We have been pushing for this for ages. Events should be fun - and many are not - this new feature adds something different.

They could do more with it though! I would prefer a daily spin of a wheel of chance, with a small chance of winning something of value like a Dwarven Armorer or a Magic Building!! I wish they would have Daily LOG-IN bonuses every day! - not just in the events! Giving out just a few Diamonds every day would not harm the designer’s Diamond sales, because you need vast numbers of Diamonds to buy anything worthwhile. But giving a few a day has been done in other games like TrainStation (who also routinely give Diamonds to compensate players for the inconvenience of game glitches) - and it gets players used to using Diamonds - and when they have saved a lot, they might get impatient and go and buy the rest they need from the store...

5. I like having a fixed number of story quests with one a day at the end. It stops the hot-shot players rushing through and then complaining there is nothing to do!

A minor improvement, I think would be to release TWO interesting quests per day - perhaps something different and a bit challenging. Or maybe even three...

6. A general comment: Building Sets were cumbersome large, and needed one to get lucky to win all the components; Evolving Buildings are becoming same-old, same-old and the designers are struggling to come up with new ideas as good as Fire Phoenix.
    I would suggest scrapping the Grand Prize entirely - and rather have daily random mini-events and giveaways to make the event fun and keep the players interested.

7. Ending with a whimper, not a bang? Previous events have had very ordinary Exclusive buildings on the last day. That is a bit of a let-down and an anticlimax. We are hoping this one will be different! It would be nice to have, perhaps, a secret special ‘Mystery Object’ that is not in the Game File so it can’t be hacked, placed by the designers on the last day would be a really special surprise to look forward to!!
    We would all hoard our Seeds for it - not knowing if we would want it or not - and that would add excitement to events that often, sadly, are beautifully constructed but rather boring.

8. More to follow!
Regarding Comment #6: Personally, I love having a Grand Prize, especially the Evolving Buildings. I do agree that the Set buildings are too large and cumbersome, and that it can sometimes be difficult to obtain all of the components. However, I know other people who love the Set buildings but not the Evolving buildings. The sad truth is that one cannot satisfy everybody, so perhaps more variety is at least part of the answer.

Valtitude

It's likely I misunderstood the Event video or something I read ... I thought players could exchange 2019 Bear evolves for 2020 Moon Bear evolves. Yes? No? "Where'd you get that idea from?!"
The smoke I've been breathing from wildfires for two weeks, has clogged the synapses in my brain.
> cough, choke <

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It's likely I misunderstood the Event video or something I read ... I thought players could exchange 2019 Bear evolves for 2020 Moon Bear evolves. Yes? No? "Where'd you get that idea from?!"
The smoke I've been breathing from wildfires for two weeks, has clogged the synapses in my brain.
> cough, choke <

No old for new, like we could do in the Phoenix event. Just new for old this time.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Help, daily quest #14 reads as follows:

Scout 1 Province or Upgrade 1 building to level 6 or higher
(spend resources 8 strategy_points) [0 /8]

Can anyone clarify what are strategy points?
This is the correct quest which we recorded in Beta.
14. Solve 6 Encounters or Recruit a huge amount of Units and Spend 12 Knowledge Points – 47 GK

The full list is here: https://tinyurl.com/y4va7r9o

Pheryll

Set Designer
This is the correct quest which we recorded in Beta.
14. Solve 6 Encounters or Recruit a huge amount of Units and Spend 12 Knowledge Points – 47 GK

The full list is here: https://tinyurl.com/y4va7r9o
The poster said daily quest 14 which is the following (from your listing)

68. Scout 1 Province or Upgrade 1 Building to level 6 or higher and Spend 8 Knowledge Points - 73 GK

Elvengems uses the terminology strategy point, because they presumably data-mined and forgot to update the label.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
The poster said daily quest 14 which is the following (from your listing)

68. Scout 1 Province or Upgrade 1 Building to level 6 or higher and Spend 8 Knowledge Points - 73 GK

Thanks for pointing that out.
Our lists are taken from actual game-play and verified by more than one member of our Beta group.
We just number them from 1 upwards; I have never bothered to list episodic and daily quests separately, because they just come one after the previous one, and it depends how fast you are playing before you reach the 24 hour lock

Vysanthea

Disappointed in the number of keys one has to spend to get a daily prize and an artifact. Clearly this is intended to be a diamond suck which I would not mind if they offered a decent prize. You want my diamonds for an event, give me a must-have game changer.
The first day of the event I got 3 of the daily prize. I have yet to get one since. And the artifacts are taking forever to collect. I am also disappointed.

BrinDarby

I have found the secret to tasks in the personal Events, is by " task stacking ".
You also must have the list of tasks @ your disposal to use this strategy.

If the Event involves an evolve, then getting artifacts is the main push usually,
whereas without them it can be more about winning all the daily prizes.....
( And if you think drops don't matter, can I collect yours too ??? )

DeletedUser24241

Is it just me, but is the RNG terrible for getting daily prizes? I've never had issues before with getting multiple daily prizes when clicking on the bigger chests, but both of my cities blew through 1k keys with 0 daily prizes - even when choosing the higher chests. In fact, I've gotten more keys than daily prizes...and that's a dismal 5%. Something seems super off.

Iamaita

I just started playing in June, so my experience with events is very limited. But I definitely got more prizes from air traders. And some of my level 1 air trader buildings are still better than the level 5 daily prize buildings I’m seeing now. Didn’t the chests also take less event currency to open? Did they simultaneously increase the costs and decrease the prizes? I wonder if the logic is that the bears are such good rewards that they have to make it harder to get them while also keeping them the primary focus of the event by making the other rewards less valuable.

Nightguest

Ex-Team Member
Heyoh folks!

I do have a small request for you!
Some people have highlighted their dissatisfaction with the event prizes (here, in my private messages, in tickets) so I'd like to get a bit more focused feedback.

If there is something specific (prize wise) that you dislike, would you mind writing what it is and also writing why you think that that particular prize is bad. As a bonus (but not expected) feel free to add in what you'd change to make it more worthwhile. For example, if it is the pet food that annoys you, how many pet foods would you want to make that prize good, if it is the population vs tiles, then how large would the population boost need to be to make that item worthwhile, and so on.

What I'm doing (and always have been doing ) is forwarding your concerns over to the rest of the team and my furious poking has resulted in some attention being given to this matter, but came with the request of explaining more directly what it is that is bad and what the US community would do to improve it.