• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Discussion Thread

DeletedUser19458

Maybe not a popular view, but I think it is a good business tactic that only those who pay money can reach a level 10 building. Free players maybe level 7 or 8. The current changes seem to support something along that line.

And I am mostly a non-paying player (maybe $30/year). If the building was good enough I would consider paying the last 2 evo's (unless of course it is at the rates Inno feels their items are worth - which is often ridiculously over-priced)

Iyapo1

Maybe not a popular view, but I think it is a good business tactic that only those who pay money can reach a level 10 building. Free players maybe level 7 or 8. The current changes seem to support something along that line.
I am an admitted spire junky!

I am up over 2k in diamond wins associated with the spire. If I saved those diamonds up, I could "buy" the largest event currency 3 times a year(more or less depending on diamond luck and FS participation), without paying money.
Edit: The minute I realized how many diamonds I could make in the spire/MA I did spend money to immediately upgrade my MA(literally paying for my lack of patience).

Last edited:

GlamDoll

@InnoGames Stop the Press! Thank you for making the bonus seeds also in Halflings for the Moon Bear! I only thought the stats were gorgeous before!

PS- If the prizes could get some love & lower the key cost on the orbs, that would be fantastic! TY for your consideration in these matters.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Heyoh folks!

I do have a small request for you!
Some people have highlighted their dissatisfaction with the event prizes (here, in my private messages, in tickets) so I'd like to get a bit more focused feedback.

If there is something specific (prize wise) that you dislike, would you mind writing what it is and also writing why you think that that particular prize is bad. As a bonus (but not expected) feel free to add in what you'd change to make it more worthwhile. For example, if it is the pet food that annoys you, how many pet foods would you want to make that prize good, if it is the population vs tiles, then how large would the population boost need to be to make that item worthwhile, and so on.

What I'm doing (and always have been doing ) is forwarding your concerns over to the rest of the team and my furious poking has resulted in some attention being given to this matter, but came with the request of explaining more directly what it is that is bad and what the US community would do to improve it.
Thank you, Nightguest, for showing a true interest in our concerns. The only prizes that I have been disappointed in so far are the 10 ancient knowledge points and the 1 pet food. Compared to some of the prizes, these seemed like a "booby prize," and made me want to avoid trying anything on that day, for fear I would get one of those. Since I like trying for prizes every day, that wasn't easy. I think that a 30 AW point would have been the minimum that I would have tried for. Pet food, I would have expected a minimum of 3. While I understand that some prizes are always going to be worth less than others, I think it's rather disheartening to have a prize in the clouds one day and a prize in the gutter the next day. Balance them out a little more (but of course, lol, don't take away the good prizes, hehe.)

That said, I do want to mention that I've loved some prizes so far, including the nuts building and the bell tower. I also love love love the troop instants. So to me, this event is still fun. Thanks again.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Darn. Others in FS thought the exchange was old for new & new for old, as well.
Thanks.
It was a nightmare last time with the artifacts, remember? Too many people were accidentally crafting the wrong thing because the phoenix artifacts looked so similar. I remember one woman who said she had half a dozen old artifacts and half a dozen new ones, and she kept crafting and then found she didn't have any left ... that's because she had been crafting back and forth without realizing it, losing 2 for 1 (or was it 3 for 1? I forget) every time. That really bites. I almost accidentally crafted the wrong phoenix too. But I grant you, it would have been nice if they had both this time, since the artifacts didn't look that similar this time.

Kekune

I'd also like to see a bigger kp instant as a daily. They used to be 30, and it's hard not to compare with the past. I went for the 10kp instant this time simply by default: I have little use for tons of buildings (though I usually get a couple of interest in each event), so I'm mostly going to spend keys on kp, time instants, and other consumable things. Time instants seem to be totally out of events now, and I don't much care for barracks troops instants. I've got plenty of PPs.

I debated going for pet food because 18kp from the moon bear > 10kp instant, but had hopes (silly me) that it would increase from the 10kp beta got. It didn't, so I was stuck with it. I opened each orb hoping I *didn't* get the daily, because many of the orbs offer more kp as a side prize.

Especially now that kp in tournaments will be much harder to come by, it would be nice to have a bigger amount in events to keep leveling those wonders. (Yes - I know what people are gonna say about shooting myself in the foot... I've still got plenty of worthwhile wonders to level.)

Risen Malchiah

Yeah, it's not fun to open the chests while hoping we *dont* get the daily. If the daily is 10 AW KP when some chests have a greater chance for the 20 or 30 AW KP "consolation" prize, something is off. There's a lower chance to get the daily, so it should at least be comparable to the other prizes. I'd even like one of those 10x MM spell dailies we had long ago, but maybe not enough people liked that one.

DeletedUser19458

Yeah, it's not fun to open the chests while hoping we *dont* get the daily. If the daily is 10 AW KP when some chests have a greater chance for the 20 or 30 AW KP "consolation" prize, something is off. There's a lower chance to get the daily, so it should at least be comparable to the other prizes. I'd even like one of those 10x MM spell dailies we had long ago, but maybe not enough people liked that one.

Ha .. .came here to post same thing. The daily is the worst prize in this chest (arguably the PP is) :
1600368441028.png

Edit: This one too. Thankfully I got the 3x10.
1600368630452.png

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Nightguest I am glad you are soliciting player feedback on prizes! Thank you. Here are my thoughts:

1. I feel a 10 point AW spell is SERIOUSLY undervalued to be a daily prize. Should be at least 20 points or more. And there is precedent for this. During the Elvarnian Carnival event earlier this year, there was a 30 point AW spell offered as a daily prize. So the current event is offering a daily prize which is worth 1/3 of what a comparable daily prize from a previous event was. As a player it is hard to get excited about this and I gave this day a hard pass.

2. During the May Celebrations event earlier this year, the troop spells offered as daily prizes were "regiment" spells which gave 25 squads each. I was actually excited about these and targeted them on several occasions. Now all that is offered as daily prizes are "battalion" spells that give 10 squads each. Once again, the current event is giving daily prizes which are only 40% of the value of comparable daily prizes from an older event. Instead of trying for these prizes, I am now actively avoiding spending event currency on days where troop instants are the prizes.

3. 2x2 buildings that only give culture are in the Magic Academy as a crafting option and do not cost much to make there. Since any player with a Magic Academy can already make something similar, buildings such as Pond Pilar are not very good as daily prizes. If you want to offer 2x2 buildings as daily prizes, have them be something we can't easily make in the Magic Academy, such as pop/culture combo buildings or pop+supplies/goods/mana/seeds.

4. I do like the option of pet food as a daily prize, but I feel only getting 1 is undervalued. I make 3 or 4 a week in the Magic Academy. Make the prize 3. That is nearly a week's production. I would actually try for that. I did not even try for prizes on the day in the current event where 1 pet food was the daily.

Kekune

Since any player with a Magic Academy can already make something similar, buildings such as Pond Pilar are not very good as daily prizes.
I actually got a pond pillar because it goes nicely in my garden. It's not especially useful, for sure, but it is nice to have a variety of interesting, unique buildings of all sizes. I don't care to fill my city with multi-colored flames from the crafter. I think people who care about looks will always want variety - a lot of folks were drawn to the unique artwork here.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Kekune Fair point. And while on the subject of the various flames, am I the only one it bothers that they have different culture values? Make them all equal and then let us pick whatever color we want in our city! Although, if culture value per square is your goal then you are going to pass on any of the frozen flames and instead make Lava Codex. It is not a pretty building, but it is the most efficient in terms of culture per square.

GlamDoll

I think people who care about looks will always want variety - a lot of folks were drawn to the unique artwork here.
I am one of them. I too wanted the pond pillar & I paid far too much in my keys to get it. Thankfully, I did win some back, so it took some of the sting out. Speaking of things that go nicely in my city, I am shooting myself in the foot for ever selling my observatory! I figured I would just craft it again, once I had space for it...but no, it's gone!

I will not spend my keys for the daily today...if it were the observatory, yes! My how the times have changed.

GlamDoll

@InnoGames Please put the Observatory back in the MA. Why it was ever taken out to begin with is beyond me! If I were the artist of that building I would be insulted, at best.

If that's too much to ask, at least let me buy it for diamonds. It's beyond ridiculous. :(

Valtitude

It was a nightmare last time with the artifacts, remember? Too many people were accidentally crafting the wrong thing because the phoenix artifacts looked so similar. I remember one woman who said she had half a dozen old artifacts and half a dozen new ones, and she kept crafting and then found she didn't have any left ... that's because she had been crafting back and forth without realizing it, losing 2 for 1 (or was it 3 for 1? I forget) every time. That really bites. I almost accidentally crafted the wrong phoenix too. But I grant you, it would have been nice if they had both this time, since the artifacts didn't look that similar this time.
Actually, I don't remember. I was away from the game at the time. I understand why devs did it this way. Hopefully, there will be another event to trade 2019 bear evolves to 2020 (next Autumn, probably).

Agvar

Is there no event outpost building for this event? I normally do not bother with them, since I rarely have trouble getting enough artifacts. But since I am planning to convert all my Moon Bear artifacts into regular Bear artifacts and since the ratio is 2-1 for conversion, I was going to get one this event. But I do not see one available.

Yes, there was one, it came out about a day or two after the event started.

StormShark55

Tally ho everyone,

The next event has just been announced.
As always, please do let us know what you like/dislike/love/hate in this thread!

(And have your own discussions about the event ofc!)
I noticed that the Zodiac event has some interesting changes in game play. First, the amount of keys needed for spheres has been increased. Second, I noticed that the highest % prizes in a sphere are more often than not the one I win unlike previous events. Third, The amount of star slots a sphere can fill has been decreased. I get it, the developers want to make more money off players but it will in the end kill the game, I have seen this many times so keep your greed in check if you want to go long distance.

Agvar

If you already have all the ancient wonders, I can see not really thinking the shards are special. I am trying to complete the rune wheel on 3 AW right now... one for an upgrade and two new ones. So I like them. I never seem to get the whole runes I actually need, so I’m primarily depending on the shards. The Ferris wheel from the last event is nice for that, but I can see a benefit to keeping the moon bear at 7 since it won’t expire. It looks like you have to do another rune phase every 5 upgrades or so... I don’t see running out of places for shards for a while. At some point I’m sure that I will start accumulating the rune shards faster than I have places to put them... but if you can convert them to ancient knowledge in the magic academy... Anyway, just sort of thinking out loud here. I’m still keeping my fingers crossed for a brown bear crafting option at which point I will likely discard any thoughts of even placing the moon bear.

I got lucky with the May Celebrations event and ended up with 2 May Trees. One I evolved to L10 for the KP, the other I deliberately left lower to generate Shards. I just have to keep an eye on the number of Shards I have so as not to go over 10. Just wish I had space for all the AWs I've completed:)

Vysanthea

Is it just me, but is the RNG terrible for getting daily prizes? I've never had issues before with getting multiple daily prizes when clicking on the bigger chests, but both of my cities blew through 1k keys with 0 daily prizes - even when choosing the higher chests. In fact, I've gotten more keys than daily prizes...and that's a dismal 5%. Something seems super off.
I haven't gotten very many of the daily prizes and when I do I get multiples. It's rather annoying.