• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foldedspace

If this event didn't force me to absolutely halt everything going on in my city, I wouldn't mind it. Old events you could do both progress and the event on the side, but not anymore. More due to randomness then the stupid quest list they've chosen to go with this cycle.
  • Can't complete provinces for fear of 'gain 7 relics'
  • Can't do tournament for fear of 'gain 7 relics' or 'gain enchantments' etc.
  • Can't collect anything for fear of getting that quest after you collect. T1's, gold, supplies, troops, all of it.
  • Can't advance tech because my extra space devoted to 3 new T1s and 3 new WS (turns out barely needed them but I rush leveled them to level 20 after reading beta, so not deleting them now until I get teleport spells). I happen to be in between chapters so using the space has halted guest race development (hence making me tech locked).
  • Forced me to level things I didn't want leveled up.

If it wasn't for 2 of the grand prizes I really want, I'd just abstain entirely. So as it is .. I guess I'm choosing doing the event over regular game play ... maybe that is their point of doing this, but for me it's only seen as frustrating. Spending less time playing Elvenar now and more on other games I like.

Still not sure what they are even trying to 'fix' other then make it more pay to play than it used to be.

SO.MUCH.THIS. Events shouldn't make you literally have to stop doing everything in your city. When there was a specific quest order, we could plan things out and still make progress in our city. Now all progress comes to a grinding halt, and with the frequency of events, that's just not sustainable.

Arayla

The info says level 10 for chapter 6. So if go up to 11 that would put me past the current level so to speak & most likely stil lget zip if I try to produce the iron. This crap is getting out of hand. To many quest, tournaments & other stuff going on at once.
@Menyan Leh I checked your cities on elvenstats and they are both in chapter 7. This means that your boosted T1 factories will need to be at level 16 or higher for the event. The chart on this page https://elvengems.com/autumn-zodiac/quests/ is really helpful to determine minimum building levels.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I could care less about codes or where the quests are coming from.
Sorry but I just liked to play the game. I don't need all the reasons. If that's what Beta is for then so be it.
It should be fun and it's gotten so screwy it's not. Repetitive is too much for me. Boring and stupid.

Isn’t that the truth! I am getting beyond frustrated and even angry at this event. I finally got a different quest today. Blacksmiths o_O Woo Hoo! Yet another day of doing nothing :mad: This event is anything but fun!

Pheryll

Set Designer
Maybe, even though my experience doesn't exactly corroborates that (or maybe it does ;) ).
If I am to be a conspiracy theorist, I'd speculate that Inno was trying to tailor probabilities of quests to individual players (similar to what you theorize) - whether based on what players have in their city, how quickly they complete particular quests etc. In the process, they simply botched the implementation because even if you adjust quest probabilities from uniform we shouldn't be seeing this cycling and stickiness that many players report. This is not how random samples look like - unless underlying probabilities are drastically different from uniform.

Yeah, whatever way you see it, it appears that the best way to approach the event is to plan that the quests that are repeating will continue to repeat. For me, this is toolboxes and scouting, but, seeing that the repeating quests can vary from person to person, this does not give a good impression that the quest line is in any way balanced.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Indeed, the beta feedback produced some positive changes. But then the event changed further after going live and it seems the changes may have broken something. I know people have a tendency to overestimate their own bad luck with RNG, but with *this* many players reporting repeating quests, there's got to be more at work here than just random luck. Perhaps beta should be *more* than 2 weeks ahead of live. Maybe 4 weeks would be better, especially with a new chapter on the horizon.

Just FYI the stickiness of quests was reported frequently on Beta. So it looks like stickiness was something reported but never addressed.

GlamDoll

Seriously, no one can read about this event, or the spire, or damn near anything else in the forum without coming away with the overwhelming picture of a game that is becoming fatally flawed.

^^^^^^^^^ Spot on!!

this does not give a good impression that the quest line is in any way balanced.

AND, it's also NOT fun, nor engaging, it's boring & an absolute slog-fest! AND I am being nice.

Deleted User - 312108

@Pheryll This isn't just bad luck, there is a definite problem because there are far too many instances where you get scout/research, recruit 2 stacks, gain relics, solve encounter/tourney encounter 2 or 3 times in a row or 3 of 5 quests. They need to look at their lists and substitute something not these.

I do feel that the gain relics, solve encounter/tourney encounter quests really need to be tuned downward or based on chapter level as this amount of repetition with them is just... bad. Once tourney ends, I may take a break from the event if I get a encounter/tourney quest until Tuesday.

@Black watch Agreed, there are definitive flaws that need to be addressed and they aren't even spire or events. The differences between browser & Mobile; optional squad upgrades making tourney/spire far more difficult when they should make them easier; mobile battle system not having a terrain preview option; manual battles being slow; the vast stretches of emptiness between cities so there is no way to actually trade other than FS. While we do complain about events, there are definite core issues that need to be addressed for the long term health of the game that so far we haven't seen. Yes, there have been some quality of life improvements, though again they were half-done. Why a start all for workshops but not for regular factories? Why on mobile but not on browser?

Pheryll

Set Designer
@Pheryll This isn't just bad luck, there is a definite problem because there are far too many instances where you get scout/research, recruit 2 stacks, gain relics, solve encounter/tourney encounter 2 or 3 times in a row or 3 of 5 quests. They need to look at their lists and substitute something not these.

Some people get repetition of easy quests some get repetition of harder ones. While I never claimed bad luck, it could well be that the quests one gets stuck with are completely chosen at random. They could also be chosen based on progress within the game.

The Unbeliever

Working off my plague-addled memory atm, my human city quests for today have been roughly;
- toolboxes (ready to pick-up 1st thing this morning)
- stack of units
- scout/research
- 3 spire/3 encounters
- 4 VV's
- gain 7 relics
- 5 encounters/25 tourny encounters
- stack of units
- 7 relics (now stuck on this, as I've over-extended for the day on the tourney.:( )

Not much fun to be had there...
ATM, 6 of my 7 workshops are sitting on either completed and/or working on another set of toolboxes.
All day long, 3 of my 5 T1's have been stalled doing NOTHING, just in case I landed a 9hr production request, which has cost me over 6k in marble production!!:mad::mad:
My supplies & coins are in tatters, because I can't keep regular collections due to the ability for toolboxes and/or 'gain stuff' comes up.

Oh, and like everyone else, my overall progress is basically going all but backwards thanks to this fethed-up pile of flaming gak.

DeletedUser10897

I am not enjoying this event at all. I had been really excited about it and had hoped to get 2 bears fully leveled up. But between the drop from 188 to 80 max in keys, and the horrible repeating saga of 24 hour to 55 hour quests, I'll be lucky to get one bear half way leveled.

Not spending another dime on this one.

GlamDoll

They could also be chosen based on progress within the game.

You have brought up a point that I have pondered for over a year now. NO, I have no data, etc to back-up my claims, nor do I care for such things, personally. Although, I am thankful, to those that do, do that sort of thing. At any rate, I have many cities, and I have noticed something that has had me curious for a good long while now. All of my lower cities (whether, it's because of chapter levels, lower AW's levels, etc.). IDK. BUT, what I have observed is very clear, at least for my own personal experience....

My lower cities, seem to be ever-so lucky, on almost every (IF, NOT, EVERY) aspect of the game....and GlamDoll, can "burn through, almost 500-700ish event currency, on average, to get ONE!!!!! Daily prize, etc. (Of, course, I have spent almost 1500 event currency, to get a daily, and that was going for 30% chests/chance)!!! For whatever it is/isn't worth.

Anyway, I find your comment, intriguing, to say the absolute least.

Last edited:

WolfSinger

I've spent quite a lot on this game over the years. I believe in supporting a game I'm playing and enjoying. But I agree this may be the straw that breaks my paypal button. I bought the event building out of habit, but I am not happy with this event - most especially with the changes in building requirements and the repetitive nature of the quests.

I'm willing to see if they improve before the next event - but again this may be the straw that breaks my paypal button. And if I stop buying diamonds, I will leave the game.

GlamDoll

I'll be lucky to get one bear half way leveled.

Not spending another dime on this one.

That's where I am as well,(Except, I did NOT spend money this go-around) at least until the absolute minimum for me is re-instated, and there is at least ONE reason why I should. Fun, would be a good start >>>......>>> staring/glaring @ you, INNO. I used to give them "paychecks" EVERY event, even if it's barely 2 pennies rubbed together, in their eyes!

I've spent quite a lot on this game over the years. I believe in supporting a game I'm playing and enjoying. But I agree this may be the straw that breaks my paypal button. I bought the event building out of habit, but I am not happy with this event - most especially with the changes in building requirements and the repetitive nature of the quests.

I'm willing to see if they improve before the next event - but again this may be the straw that breaks my paypal button. And if I stop buying diamonds, I will leave the game.

And here I thought I was alone, in my OWN little world! How silly of me. :/

Deleted User - 312108

Okay some food for thought - I broke down numbers based on the quest type. This is multiple players across multiple worlds and obviously there is room for error due to missed quests. Further in I'll do this again with only those quest that are giving 80 event currency. I know this doesn't take into the quest list - but it does represent the repetition that is occurring.

upload_2019-9-27_18-56-4.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-27_18-55-10.png
    upload_2019-9-27_18-55-10.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 65

DeletedUser3273

I just asked somebody if this is true. I'm told generally not. If the main city is in a good FS then the only way to push goods downstream is if the push account city is close enough on the world map to be explored. I'm told that is generally not the case. I'm sure there are exceptions but it makes sense to me.

Anyway, with this new direction on Workshops for events I am not a happy camper! :( I was down to 8 workshops but if there are any Toolbox quests I'm believing I would definitely need an even 10 workshops to do 2 at a time. It is REALLY going to stink for quantities > 2 toolbox :(

Adding: The real kicker is that on one of the Q&A videos Timon even advised cutting back on workshops :mad: So much for trusting direct Elvenar Developer advise!

Deleted User - 3932582

Okay some food for thought - I broke down numbers based on the quest type. This is multiple players across multiple worlds and obviously there is room for error due to missed quests. Further in I'll do this again with only those quest that are giving 80 event currency. I know this doesn't take into the quest list - but it does represent the repetition that is occurring.

Nice work. It would be cleaner though if you exclude the first 29 quests which are not random (with a couple of exceptions). Right now, you show quests like "Gain Catalyst" which do not show up in the random segments. Don't know if it's easy to do, but results without fixed part are likely to be even more skewed...

GlamDoll

but it does represent the repetition that is occurring.

It's so nice knowing that INNO gave "ME" (because I flat out refuse to have the audacity, to speak for anyone else), something to look forward to. >...........>

Thank you for sharing. I retract my previous posts, saying it is a dumpster fire (at best). I was wrong...

It's a bonfire, really. Well, everyone, I was wrong...FFS, it's even worse than I thought.

INNO logic, SEEMS!!!!!!!! TO!!!!!! BE!!!!! ..............................................

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, the wheel IS NOT really round!!!!!! AT ALL!!!! It's broken, so we must FIXXXXXXXXXX ITTTTTTTTTTT.

OMG :( :(

Thanks for sharing, even if it almost made me want to lose my cookies...

wow

Edited, because...who, cares? I don't!

Last edited:

DeletedUser3273

I find that the number of workshops may not matter if you don't get credit for what you produce. All of my workshops are at maximum
level until the release of a new chapter. The quest was produce Toolboxes. Having plenty of workshops I even made an extra just in case. When I collected to finish the quest I got credit for one !!!

qaccy

Working off my plague-addled memory atm, my human city quests for today have been roughly;
- toolboxes (ready to pick-up 1st thing this morning)
- stack of units
- scout/research
- 3 spire/3 encounters
- 4 VV's
- gain 7 relics
- 5 encounters/25 tourny encounters
- stack of units
- 7 relics (now stuck on this, as I've over-extended for the day on the tourney.:( )

Not much fun to be had there...
ATM, 6 of my 7 workshops are sitting on either completed and/or working on another set of toolboxes.
All day long, 3 of my 5 T1's have been stalled doing NOTHING, just in case I landed a 9hr production request, which has cost me over 6k in marble production!!:mad::mad:
My supplies & coins are in tatters, because I can't keep regular collections due to the ability for toolboxes and/or 'gain stuff' comes up.

Oh, and like everyone else, my overall progress is basically going all but backwards thanks to this fethed-up pile of flaming gak.

Not for nothing, but that seems like a pretty good variety in terms of what quests you got for today but you're still complaining about it. What would you have liked to see that would have been better?

Status
Not open for further replies.