• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alistaire

@Ælfwine : WE WANT OUR 188 KEYS PER QUEST BACK !

As for " @Ælfwine : WE WANT OUR 188 KEYS PER QUEST BACK ! " at the very least take a look at the math done right after the change and posted in this thread, and work out some middle ground based on that math so that change is no longer a raise in difficulty instead of the help it was advertised as. And make it retroactive.

Pheryll

Set Designer
@Ælfwine

Then the next day the event went live, I heard changes were made, I went to the Forum to check, and I was just chocked to see that INNO cut by more than half the number of keys given by quests !?!?!?!
From 188 to 80 ???? Why ?
Despite the Elvenar staff's claim that the key reduction was related to a 30% decrease in workshop quests (or actually an implication as they used the two changes in the same context but did not identify a causal link), the reduction likely occurred because they were offering an unprecedented amount of reward per quest, and players were still able to complete them. This is not the first time they reduced event currency from the later quests, and unfortunately the changes happen about the time it goes live giving the Beta players no advanced notice to share with the live community.

Now the event has been tested for a week on beta server, and none of the alleged problems was reported there. As everything was going fine on beta, the event went live, and there because of those complaints of a few casual players INNO made those drastic changes, this was really wrong !
While Beta did complain about excessive sequences of toolbox, it is more likely that the 30% reduction was to further restrict progress than something to even out the key reduction.

If INNO felt a change was necessary, the least they should have done was a poll with ingame notices to see if really the majority was willing these changes.
They had data from Beta completion results, no poll was actually needed. They offered something too good on Beta, and by the time they made the balancing changes it had already gone live.

This also means that other conditions are more likely to appear, meaning you'll have to spend less time overall on working towards productions of this type. Since the event was balanced with the harder quest conditions in mind, we expect players to finish more quests and thus also lowered the cap of the increasing amount of Golden Keys per quest earlier, at 80 Golden Keys.
Here is the double speak that the Elvenar staff used. While it would seem that they viewed the change to workshops as causing a reduction in the harder quests, they only said it was a reduction of "productions of this type." One would think that since the two sentences are together that they are to be viewed as the first causing the second, it is more likely that the "harder quests" gauging that occurred on Beta was shown to be flawed based on the number of players that made it quickly through them.

Last edited:

DeletedUser8192

You probably *don't* want to disenchant the evolving buildings -- because if the same pattern holds, they will become part of the possible crafting recipe list -- unless you have one in your city or inventory.

Keeping it in the summons warehouse means it stays out of the potential crafting list, every small advantage helps when trying to get something you really want!!

True kctanzen, I would probably have just held on to them like I did the others, and simply visualized a bulls eye every time I went into my inventory lol..

DeletedUser8192

Man I hope you are not calling me a "lazy player" bcasue I am pissed about being stuck on the worksops..I had NO CLUE they were going to suddenly say "You man now no longer build a buch of workshops to playu the event, yo must have high level shops to play" (In Major Domo Voice thamnk you..

I got hit with toolboxes and groceries right out of the gate and the small shops were fine for groceries, then I collected my toolboxes and suddenly got burned...I got rid of all my maxed out workshops a LONG TIME AGO because I can get supplies other ways, and I really needed the real estate.Now I simply can't event until I build at least three high 20's shops, whcih means I wont get to pla cause I am not wasting the supplies or space to make them and that really stinks..
This is nothing more than INNO pointing at us and giggling while saying "Ha ha, caught em with their pants down, lets see if they will bend over and cough up the diamonds IE. CASH, CASH, CASH

Anyone who advocates for INNO the worse the play gets, is quite simply a planted shill!

DeletedUser19458

These are just facts, not insults. I respect any gaming style and I don't feel superior to casual players or forum addicts in any way

You call people lazy for not leveling all their buildings, yet 'respect any gaming style'. No you don't. You don't even understand why someone would NOT level their workshop, because if you did you would not have made that statement and think it was a 'fact'.

Don't be lazy and instead read the whole thread, you'd find out why.

DeletedUser19458

I would rather see this event just play out at this point. It is obviously a dud, but isn't worth being SO WORKED UP! Calm down, push it aside, move on. Trying hard to do that. What would be wonderful is to see maybe 3-4-5 evolutions possible to obtain come the Halloween mini-event. I higher than normal amount of them, as compensation for such a lousy event.

Knowing I have a shot at 1 fully evolved will keep me active enough and motivated. Definitely don't feel that way right now.

... and maybe some communication from Elvenar reps acknowledging the dumpster fire? Letting us know if improvements for next go around will be addressed? Or any other concerns for that matter? We're on verge of mass-exodus it feels like and unless there is a bit more communication it could be tough to prevent. Myself I'm already wondering what other similar games might be out there I can try out (this is my first city-builder type game I've ever played, discounting sim-city back in the day :) ).

Shyama1

[...]
They had data from Beta completion results, no poll was actually needed. They offered something too good on Beta, and by the time they made the balancing changes it had already gone live.
[...]
If they knew from Beta they were giving too high of a reward per quest, they should have made the change BEFORE the event went Live. It is not acceptable to have such things changed once the Event is started on Live servers with details published.

Thanks for all the other explanations.
Sadly it confirms the constant lies, dishonnesty, false excuses, bad faith, etc... from INNO, and this is getting worse with every issue

The only thing that keeps me playing Elvanar are all the nice ppl I met in this game, without them its a long time I would have switched to another Game with a decent and honnest management team

Marietta74

Elvenar nearly saw me walking away last night after I realized that I could only use workshops at a certain level. Have 10, ranging from level 17 - 24 with only 1 usable for the ' current or 3 previous chapters' tasks. Finding out from my teammates that this requirement was put in place due to 'cheaters' who create themselves a second name/city and then add them to their 'fellowship' to gain an advantage in the FA's really, really pissed me off. Since that belly low behavior doesn't affect THESE kinds of adventures, it was ridiculous to punish the REST of us for it. And it was NOT 'laziness' that has stopped me from upgrading my Workshops but most often space and supplies has prevented that not to mention the ridiculous frequency of 'events and fellowship adventures', which in my opinion, too often are not worth the use of my resources. Resources I might have been able to use to get my Workshops to the level that Elvenar obviously believes I should have in order to participate in this 'adventure'. Well it's not much fun when Elvenar ties our hands when it comes to finishing tasks simply because of some lowlife cheaters. Maybe next time Elvenar try not to judge all of us by the lowest common denominator.

DeletedUser8192

One reason I am very unhappy with this event, really sucks...I can't play because I am now stuck behind needing toolboxes from high level workshops..Man, I literally just ripped out multiple maxed out workshops before the last event for real estate...total suck that we cant just use small ones..I have zero keys and don't get to play now..really lame man cuz i really wanted the burning man, but MOST OF ALL I really wanted to upgrade my Hazeltown houses because I got mine a very, very , very long time ago, and their population is only 500 where-as if I won new ones, the population is 3500 as is it's culture.

I have been thinking about getting rid of them for a while now and have only held on to them for nostalgia sakes, then got super happy when I saw the huge boost in this event..

BUT NOW I CAN'T PLAY ALL BECAUSE OF A Perter Cotton Rocky Road snowconing Son-Of-A-Gobstopper workshop......Lame, lame, lame...

Anyways whatever, I'm done talking about it, gonna go back to building my new Elemental stuff instead for a little bit before heading out..

Later Gents and Ladies..

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
@Shyama1, wow. I agree with the key slashing not being the right move, but was it completely necessary to insult, repeatedly, all casual players and forum users? This calls for a stern head-shaking, it does. *shakes head sternly* Not cool, man, not cool.
There ya go. Calling casual players lazy whiners that aren't true and dedicated, while forum users are merely chasing likes and racking up posts.
"A few who complained" and "all casual players" are not remotely the same thing. If you're going to accuse someone of insulting all casual players and all forum users, they should at least have insulted a large number of them, rather than the twenty-or-so players who actually complained about the requirements.

And let's keep in perspective that fact that the devs' answer to the small number of complaints was to make the game harder for everyone, including both those who complained and those who just got down to it and spent two weeks decimating their current layout and leveling buildings only to have it do no good at all and still have the event be oven more ridiculously hard than if the second changes hadn't been made. Personally, I think a little outrage at the whiners who caused itis called for, whether they were casual or not.

The Unbeliever

Not for nothing, but that seems like a pretty good variety in terms of what quests you got for today but you're still complaining about it. What would you have liked to see that would have been better?
IMHO, there should be NO repeating of quests within 10 quests of each other...
I basically had 8 'new' quest options yesterday - yet 2 of them were repeats. (2x stack of units + 2x 'gain 7 relics')
I only got through so many because I broke down and spent a bunch of time instants. And it's not like I'm crushing anything either, as I'm still a long way off of even hitting the 80 cap. :(

But really, why is there such a lazy cloning of maybe 15-20 or so 'unique' quests?
Where are the quests for placing/accepting trades? Giving nieghbourly help? Gain all 3 of each T1-T3 goods? Producing all 3 T1 productions (with Lv1 turd obviously!) 24/48hr T1 builds w/Lv1 turds?

Hell, I did up a rough 'sample quest list' suggestion that had over 40 unique quests on it! Why is Inno so incapable of doing that, in order to ensure that players don't get the same quest popping up every 2-5 completed quests?
Is it really so fething hard to just assign set keys/corals/whatever values based on the actual 'difficulty level' of the quests themselves? (ie: any 'give NH x times' quests = 15-20 currency vs. 'scout a province/15VV/research' = 80 currency)
If they can break down this randumb BS into different quest groupings, why can't they instead just assign each grouping it's own currency value based on overall difficulty and/or time/effort involved?

At least that way, there's far less instances of the scout/research, 45+ tourney encounters, 24hr productions, 9-15VV, etc hammering some players while others get a bunch of production quests, while still others get trapped in a loop of just 2-4 different quests...

That seems like a mistake on your part. Either start them on three hour productions and cancel to make nines when needed, or start them on nines and cancel to make threes if needed. There's nothing that forces them to sit idle.
If I pick-up my 9hrs then start them on 3hrs, only to then have to potentially delete the 3hr say an hour later to re-start up the 9hrs, I've now lost 10hrs of production time!
(1hr on 'wasted' production + 9hrs now locked up for quest when just leaving the original completed 9hr production alone would have auto-completed the damn quest and let me start on something else!)

I set my stuff to 9hrs anyways when I go to bed, since I'm not setting alarm clocks to produce crap every 3hrs. Why waste that production, especially when (with my luck) if I pick it up, I can almost guarantee that I'll get the 9hr quest pop up right away. >.<

Sue-Lynn

I have no doubt about this ! To me Workshops are parts of mandatory buildings. I have 10 Magical Workshops and 450~500 Culture Bonus, and I still need sometimes to cast Power of Provision on a few of them to get enough supplies for my needs (mostly troops training).

Thanks for your support, much appreciated, sincerely :)

These are just facts, not insults. I respect any gaming style and I don't feel superior to casual players or forum addicts in any way. I just called things by their names. Everyone's freedom ends where others's starts.

My only reproach goes to INNO who applied an emergency and unfair fix based on the complaints of a minority of players without even consulting the majority of the players that were happy with the event. Especially when the problems reported by those players didn't show up during the one week of test on Beta server.

If some players felt insulted by my post, I am really sorry about it, that was really not my intention. Please accept my sincere apologies where appropriate.
Also, English is not my mother's language, and my poor english can lead to some missunderstandings, sorry for that too. Just take everything I say at the 1st degree, there is nothing to read between the lines, neither hidden intentions or thoughts... thanks for your understanding. Peace.

Now please let's close that part of the discussion and go back on topic:

@Ælfwine : WE WANT OUR 188 KEYS PER QUEST BACK !
The emeregency fix you applied next day the Event went live is not appropriate and just not acceptable

Many of my ingame friends who fully agree with me said they will come to the Forum to support me. I just hope they will really do it, because I know most of them never posted so far.

Shyama1

I totally agree! Making the game too difficult ends up frustrating players, rather than encouraging players to do more by making rewards available.

GlamDoll

Well, it sounds like I owe everyone an apology then. I used to have WS's on max level in GlamDoll's city (AND, I still have my 5 Lvl2 Magic WS's)..

Yes, I got on this forum, just like with The Spire, and I started to (give my feedback!),complain & be a whiner (Since these words seem to be acceptable for people to use) here, but whatever.

Now, it sounds like I am among them for complaining about the event. I got rid of my WS's because I decided to level up AW's to help with my supply needs, A

AS WELL AS, paying for events, for a looong time now, to also make sure I get buildings that give supplies, ETC., as well as the grand prizes, obviously.

INNO, this is how much of a tinderbox it is now....Someone can't even laugh about a "sample" of the lack of quests in a persons post, without someone else

putting you on "blast" for it!

It was not my intent to disrespect anyone. As for my laughing, yes, I still find the quest list a utter joke & fail, hence why I laughed....

Just because it is better than "many" others quest list, still by no way, makes the list I laughed at good!

Personally, I think a little outrage at the whiners who caused itis called for, whether they were casual or not.

Anyway, sorry everyone, it seems, I am at fault....INNO, looks like you were/are not to blame! >>....>>

I'll show myself the door :(

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Anyway, sorry everyone, it seems, I am at fault....INNO, looks like you were/are not to blame! >>....>>

I'll show myself the door :(
The guilt shall haunt me all the days of my life...

We all complain, even whine, about things we don't like. This has been a stressful event for pretty much everyone. I complained about the initial change, I whined about it, I'm annoyed the complaints made things worse instead of better. If shouldering a little blame for things going from bad to worse is too much to bear, then maybe you're safer avoiding game forums.

GlamDoll

The guilt shall haunt me all the days of my life...

I am feeling guilty, I am not trying to guilt anyone, other than myself....

I truly feel like I am somehow, part of the problem...

And my only hope for why I stopped lurking here & started posting, was & is, that I might be a part of the solution, by way of offering up feedback, that would "help" with the majority of us gamers being happy with our time & effort here, in this thread.

DeletedUser21745

@Ælfwine

Dear INNO, Dear Communit Manager,

After reading the Autumn Zodiak Event description, I was really happy. Finally an event where we can do everything on our production buildings without the need to disfigure our nice cities with plenty of ridiculous lvl 1 buildings. This, combined with the endless questsline, was the perfect combination to me.

Then the next day the event went live, I heard changes were made, I went to the Forum to check, and I was just chocked to see that INNO cut by more than half the number of keys given by quests !?!?!?!
From 188 to 80 ???? Why ?

After some reading, it appears that the reason for this is the complaints of a few lazy casual players who neglected to upgrade their factories and workshops.

INNO's answer was to reduce by 30% Workshops quests (which IMO won't change much for the whiners because they'll still have to do the 70% remaining, and also because those quests removed leave room for more "15 feathers" and "45 tourney encounters" quests, which are not necessarily easier for them).

Now the event has been tested for a week on beta server, and none of the alleged problems was reported there. As everything was going fine on beta, the event went live, and there because of those complaints of a few casual players INNO made those drastic changes, this was really wrong !

What about all the players like me that were happy with the event as it was at launch ? Of course you didn't hear from us so far, just because everything was perfect for us, and we rather spend our time ingame than collecting post count and likes on the forum.

I asked to my FS members, then I asked all my IG friends, and a high majority replied they highly dislike this change, as well as they disagree with INNO changing the rules after the Event went live.

If INNO felt a change was necessary, the least they should have done was a poll with ingame notices to see if really the majority was willing these changes.

But INNO went ahead, ignoring the majority of players, and made a favor for the few whiners. But we all know INNO hates doing such favors, and they always come with retalation. In our case, it consist in cuting by more than half the numbers of keys we get from quests.

188 down to 80. MORE THAN HALF !!!!

As a result, we will get only get 42.5% of the keys we would have got without this unwanted change !!! This means, without buying additional keys, we will be able to fully evolve only one Bear, instead of the two we could have fully elvolve without this drastic nerf on quests rewards.

For all these resaons, me and all the true and dedicated players are requesting INNO
to revert the changes, and set the Event back as it was at launch,
with a retroactive effect on quests capped at 80 already completed

Shyama1, Elvenar Addicted
No offence intended but what do you care if we can use lvl1 buildings or current upgraded buildings.

Many of us do not constantly upgrade our buildings as we progress through chapters and we also do not keep enough of the high level buildings active. If you want to use a high level building for the event that is YOUR choice but what Inno has done is to effectively alienate the rest of us and made the event both incredibly difficult and discouraging to the point where a lot of players are dropping the event or even stopping to pay for diamonds.

qaccy

@The Unbeliever Pretty fair points! Thanks for taking the time to respond. Hopefully with endless quests being the way Inno plans to move forward with events, they can continue to adjust things to eventually get to something much more enjoyable for everyone. Either allowing players to occasionally skip quests, or simply ensuring that each quest in a set can only appear once sound like the best ways to keep the current format while also making it much better for players overall. Things can stay random, but knowing that something like scouting can only come up once in a stretch of 10-20 quests is a lot better than not knowing whether your next quest after completing it is going to be the exact same task again.

DeletedUser21745

I have no doubt about this ! To me Workshops are parts of mandatory buildings. I have 10 Magical Workshops and 450~500 Culture Bonus, and I still need sometimes to cast Power of Provision on a few of them to get enough supplies for my needs (mostly troops training).

These are just facts, not insults. I respect any gaming style and I don't feel superior to casual players or forum addicts in any way. I just called things by their names. Everyone's freedom ends where others's starts.

Shyama1

You very clearly don't respect "any gaming style" as Inno has changed the rules with the last two event to effectively eliminate what several are calling "shanty towns".

Well I happen to really like building shanty towns and as apparent by many responses on this thread so do others. So yes, our "gaming style" is being affronted.

Status
Not open for further replies.