• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Unbeliever

The factories for Ch.7 & Ch.8 make no sense...
The "current" research is in Ch.6 Dwarfs, so now they took out the "previous chapter" ability?!o_O:mad::mad:

Lv.10-15 factories should still work, since that would be the "previous chapter" research, shouldn't it?

Or is Inno yet again making the rules up as they go in order to just screw us over so we rage-buy diamonds just to play the event? (BTW Inno: your elvenar has become a joke & I will NEVER waste my money on this game anymore until you actually work on improving it!)

qaccy

Are so many people really running around with buildings not at max level for their normal play that these new quest requirements are an issue? The closest I've ever come to not having all of my buildings fully upgraded are when I'm actually working through new upgrades that I just unlocked; they're always at whatever the previous limit was by the time that research is done. The only problems I might have with requirements are the number of buildings I have; I already know whatever I do have is the proper level without even looking since having buildings that aren't maxed out (or level 1, previously) doesn't make sense to me.

The balancing between the different bears is kinda off as well. Based on the previous trio of Phoenixes, it seems Inno's either unaware of just how powerful they make buildings that benefit fighters, or they intentionally make them powerful in an attempt to get more people to actually fight, since my experience in the game tells me that many people don't even bother training troops and simply cater/negotiate everything.

The Unbeliever

The level given is the minimum level accepted by the quest. Any building higher than that also works. Also, the building can be at different levels for a quest as long as they at or above the minimum level.
Yes, but it makes no sense regarding the good factories, since the quest states, "in a current or previous chapter building."

However, going by the in-game tool-tip, Inno are now lying through their teeth as they have by all appearances outright removed the previous chapter condition.:eek:
The "current chapter" for anyone in Ch's 7-8 is the Lv16 dwarven factories.
The "previous chapter" for anyone in Ch's 7-8 would be the Lv10 - 15 'superior' factories from Ch.4, since there's no T1 factory upgrades in Ch's 5, 7 or 8.

So Inno, according to their in-game information, are lying & cheating us now by giving us false information!
They NEED to fix this, or else re-write the condition to be just "current chapter" since the "previous chapter" is just magical BS apparently.:rolleyes::mad::mad:

DeletedUser2207

In theory I like the idea of events that use your actual city layout rather than a mess of lvl1 temporary buildings

In practice, my cities are heavily focused on event buildings, AWs, and military buildings. I'd be doing great if there were quests like "collect ___ golems" or "collect 4 1-day orc productions", "collect ___ mana", "collect ___ divine seeds". Instead it's all the same old boring tier1 and workshop quests but I don't have very many left of either of those buildings

I COULD do a super major rebuild of my city where I delete my tier2 and tier3 factories and build a bunch of tier1 and workshops to the minimum level that would work for this style of event quest, but UGH:
-I really don't want to do ANYTHING major in my cities until I have details of what chapter 15 is going to require
-A major city redesign is fast(ish) in elven architect but takes forever in builder time
-If we're going to be switching between this style of event and regular FAs and craftsman events we'll still need room for lvl1 temp buildings
-For all I know this is going to be the only event ever that's going to be set up like this
-I super don't need more tier1 factories and *was* planning on dropping down to 1 in both my cities once chapter 15 came out

And sure, I can just be lazy on events and not try to get the grand prizes but without any new chapters coming out there's not much else to do except get kp from tournaments and upgrade AWs

Arkadia

@mucksterme for the quest that was originally scout one province it is now scout/research/produce 15 vision vapor, so hopefully for you the VV requirement is easy.

:confused: my scouts take close to 80 hrs, have nothing to research, and
producing 15 VV can also take days as well providing all the junk appearing we don't want to craft, so idk how that helps, unless we get better options to craft. :p

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
:confused: my scouts take close to 80 hrs, have nothing to research, and
producing 15 VV can also take days as well providing all the junk appearing we don't want to craft, so idk how that helps, unless we get better options to craft. :p

Five junk crafts worth 3 VV each that only take 4 hours each is only 20 hours of time spent versus the 70 or 80 or 90 hours a scout takes for us end-game players. Even making eight really junky 2 VV crafts that cost 0 or 1 CC to make would still be maybe 32 hours total versus the scout time. Your only real issue is can you get in the game when each craft is done to collect and restart? Also, the odds of having to craft that many junk crafts without getting a higher VV value craft option is very, very rare.

And on another note about that image of required levels, why have no one else commented that the list includes requirements for CHAPTER 15?????

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The "previous chapter" for anyone in Ch's 7-8 would be the Lv10 - 15 'superior' factories from Ch.4, since there's no T1 factory upgrades in Ch's 5, 7 or 8.
I don't understand what you are saying. It takes a some complex math-gymnastics to ignore the upgrades in chapter 6, which are the previous upgrade for chapter 7 and 8. The requirement is the lowest level upgrade which is available in the chapter before your current chapter. The lowest level upgrade available in the chapter before 7 or 8 is the upgrade in chapter 6.

Five junk crafts worth 3 VV each that only take 4 hours each is only 20 hours of time spent versus the 70 or 80 or 90 hours a scout takes for us end-game players. Even making eight really junky 2 VV crafts that cost 0 or 1 CC to make would still be maybe 32 hours total versus the scout time. Your only real issue is can you get in the game when each craft is done to collect and restart? Also, the odds of having to craft that many junk crafts without getting a higher VV value craft option is very, very rare.

And on another note about that image of required levels, why have no one else commented that the list includes requirements for CHAPTER 15?????
There is no T1 research in Chapter 14, so whether or not it gets released, the requirements will be the same as the previous chapter. Why not include it now, so that they don't have to make changes to the text for the next event?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The "current chapter" for anyone in Ch's 7-8 is the Lv16 dwarven factories.

That's the reason for the in-game tip, the whole thing is confusing and they needed a way to make it clearer, Beta CM explained it fairly well.They would expect someone in fairies and orcs to have dwarven level factories. Their major aim is to ensure people at the start of a chapter who are yet to research that chapters tech can still participate

Pheryll

Set Designer
I'm still confused :oops: Does the Panda do anything if you don't feed other "pets"? And does it do anything if you only feed it?

The panda does nothing when you feed it besides keeping the building sparkly for a duration. If anytime during that duration you decide to feed another pet you will automatically collect T1 goods when that pet is fed. If you feed the panda while it is sparkling you will just extend the time it sparkles and gain nothing else.

Dopeykr

This question came up since Magic Workshops have no research involved with them at what level would they have to be at to fulfill the requirements for this event.

The Unbeliever

I don't understand what you are saying. It takes a some complex math-gymnastics to ignore the upgrades in chapter 6, which are the previous upgrade for chapter 7 and 8. The requirement is the lowest level upgrade which is available in the chapter before your current chapter. The lowest level upgrade available in the chapter before 7 or 8 is the upgrade in chapter 6.
I'm not ignoring the T1 research in Ch6.
The way it works, should be;
Ch.6: "current chapter" = Ch.6 research/ "previous chapter" = Ch.4 research (as there is NO tier 1 research in Ch.5)

Ch.7: "current chapter" = Ch.6 research/ "previous chapter" = Ch.4 research (as there is NO tier 1 research in Ch.7, the 'current chapter' needle literally CANNOT move!)

Ch.8: "current chapter" = Ch.6 research/ "previous chapter" = Ch.4 research (as again, there is NO tier 1 research in Ch.8, the 'current chapter' needles again, CANNOT move!)

Ch.9: "current chapter" = Ch.9 research/ "previous chapter" = Ch.6 research. (as there is no T1 research in Ch's 7 or 8)

Just look at the tool-tip for the Workshops if you don't believe me...
For a Ch.8 city, you only *need* minimum Lv9 workshops, as you *do* have a research available in Ch.8, plus the previous three chapters 7, 6, and 5.
Hence, 'current chapter' (Ch.8), OR, '3 previous chapters' (Ch.7 or Ch.6 or Ch.5)

So atm, Fairies & Orks players are fethed over hard, because Inno are terribad at basic math.:mad::mad::mad:

And yes, I'm pissed off at this, because by their own in-game statements, I had believed I'd be fine with my 3x Lv16's + the 2x Lv.12's I've spent the last 4 days putting in so I can clear the 5x 9hr productions, only to find out that, "oops - sorry, we fibbed and you really don't have a 'previous chapter' option!trollolololz!"
So now I'll be starting the event down a T1 building because Inno can't communicate for gak.:(

Risen Malchiah

"From your current or previous chapter" seems rather clear that for Fairies, that would be Dwarves. Even going by the wording in the announcement ("if your buildings have been updgraded at least to the levels that became available with the previous Chapter in Research for Manufactories"), it still seems clear to me that for Fairies & Orcs, you would need Dwarven level buildings.

@The Unbeliever I will agree with you though that more communication on this was necessary. There will be a lot of frustrated players who discover their buildings don't count.
The panda does nothing when you feed it besides keeping the building sparkly for a duration. If anytime during that duration you decide to feed another pet you will automatically collect T1 goods when that pet is fed. If you feed the panda while it is sparkling you will just extend the time it sparkles and gain nothing else.
The panda is really confusing if that's how it works. Really, the panda should have no duration at all. Feed it, get the goods. Feed it again, get more goods. Otherwise, it would take 2 pet food and 2 evolving buildings to get anything out of it at all. That makes it a terrible building.

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'm not ignoring the T1 research in Ch6.
The way it works, should be;
Ch.6: "current chapter" = Ch.6 research/ "previous chapter" = Ch.4 research (as there is NO tier 1 research in Ch.5)

Ch.7: "current chapter" = Ch.6 research/ "previous chapter" = Ch.4 research (as there is NO tier 1 research in Ch.7, the 'current chapter' needle literally CANNOT move!)
You certainly are ignoring it. You want it to be "the research which is a chapter lower than what's currently available" instead of "research which is lower than the current chapter." Wanting it doesn't make it so.
Just look at the tool-tip for the Workshops if you don't believe me.
Workshops and factories have different requirements. There's no reasonable way to compare them.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Workshops and factories have different requirements. There's no reasonable way to compare them.

Workshops do not have a research improvement at chapter 5. So you can see from chapter 7 that you are going back three chapters and looking at the latest unlocked workshop tier from then, rather than going back three workshop tiers.

qaccy

The panda is really confusing if that's how it works. Really, the panda should have no duration at all. Feed it, get the goods. Feed it again, get more goods. Otherwise, it would take 2 pet food and 2 evolving buildings to get anything out of it at all. That makes it a terrible building.

Much like the Aureate Phoenix, it seems if a 'set' of pets is released, one of them is going to be terrible.

TomatoeHu

Sheets of Color
Having spent some time with these " random quests " on Beta, they do nothing but repeat so cross your fingers you get a good combination or buckle down and use all your instants and diamonds. This is surely a Pay to Win event, extremely boring with complete lack of progression ( you will always feel like you should be ahead but still repeating the same 5 quests 6 times ) and without any feeling of accomplishment ( finish round one of the repeating quests only to start in on round 2 of 6 ).

I haven't heard from anyone, " I got lucky and none of the crap quests have affected me" or, "I love using 20hr instants" or "I love making worthless recipes in my MA to complete quests" or, " I love setting my only 5 workshops to toolboxes and missing out on actual tool collection I need for tournaments and production" or, "I love waiting an entire day of doing nothing in this event so that my next quest also asks me to wait another day and do nothing in this event." Nope, it sucks, step right up and enjoy 100% Inno trashed event experience for 100% pay to win for 24 entire days. I received the quest, Gain 7 relics over and over and over and if that's not the same as scout and complete provinces..... same poop different pile? And if you think you can time your random quests to fall on tournament days - good luck with that! If you didn't already feel Inno took all the strategy out of the game with Instants, Boosters, and Portal profits, do this event and use all their crappy repetitive rewards to make it half way thru.

To players who do not understand why players have no production in their city: Production is boring and extremely irrelevant for several strategies. Especially if you won sets, play 10 chest tournaments with troops and cater very few province to name a few reasons. Also, having extra Level 24 Tier 1 is extremely costly compared to level 1-19 productions, for Culture & Population so those of us who do not have 5 in our city, must now figure out where that pop and culture is going to come from with no chapter ahead of us to gain house research. To make that make more sense to you, we must build not only Tier 1's we don't want, but also more houses and culture buildings to upgrade them without the chance of unlocking any expansions as the world map has stopped giving them and again, we have no research to give us our 1 per chapter.

It's always the same feedback about the event quests, we keep saying how much this or that is terrible. You all deserve to know that no one is actually listening, not here anyways. You will need to join Beta and put your two cents in there. Even there, they are not really listening either. You actually have a better chance of being made fun of by a moderator then getting any idea or suggestion implemented. This new event strategy of Inno's ensures they get your money, your diamonds, as it's a fail safe Pay to Win event wrapped with some pretty but useless buildings you wont miss. Sure they have bonuses, some are original, some are not relevant to your strategy but none of the three buildings existed before and all can be ignored until you gather enough artifacts over the years to bother placing it. For Free. Remember it takes at least a year to get a new chapter. That's 3 FA's worth of artifacts. Also, all the daily prizes are repeats from other events so no loss trying for the elusive daily prize. Unless you really need more coin rains...

For those wanting it,

For those of you shutting out this event, you won't miss a thing and probably have the best 24 days of un-eventful bliss in your city.

Deleted User - 312108

@TomatoeHu I agree, it is an exercise in frustration to make suggestions on both beta and live. On beta, I have found the event to be both tedious and frustrating. Being in chapter 7, I have actually been progressing quite well through it as I have research ready to complete and (now) sufficient workshops and t1 boosted to complete the quests. I am currently getting 188 currency per quest and have 6k plus evolutions to fully evolve one bear. I use speed boosts, but not diamonds and do not have the event building. Given I have a lot of 8 hour speedboosts, I tend to use those on the toolbox quests to put them to 8 hours unless I want to wait.
I do believe that folks in low, medium and high chapters actually need to work from different quest lists because the relative ease/difficulty of quests varies. For low level players, scouting and research are typically short and readily available, but doing vision vapor, spell fragments and 45 tourney provinces are extreme. I know tourney provinces have an or for the regular province encounters, however, there are only so many of those you can do as well before they become overscouted or too expensive to complete, especially in chapters 1-4. Even in mid range chapters, 45 tourney encounters is a huge amount to do. The only way this works if it is intended to be a two-day quest.

I dislike getting the same quest 3 out of 4 times. I do feel there are too many gain relic/solve encounter quests and I still loathe buy KP. My summation on beta (I am Kasia over there) close to the beginning still pretty much holds true of my opinion of the event. The bears are wonderful, the implementation of the event still needs work.

Status
Not open for further replies.