• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

T6583

Congrats - you've made it to the next segment. Now you have the benefit of completing harder quests for the same payout ;)
This just makes me sad.:( I'm currently at the 9 encounter and 9 relics quests. I've already exhausted the 11 or 12 pre-scouted providences I had prior to the start of the event plus the 3 or 4 I've scouted since the event started. I seem to only be getting the encounter, relics, and scout sets of quests. I got really excited earlier when I got a collect X supplies quest only to have it followed by another 9 relics quest. :(
To basically be doing extra work now with nothing to show for it. I might end up on giving up on this event (Edited to add)

Last edited:

T6583

Oh, it WAS broken, you weren't spending enough......We are all disappointed too.
:( This also makes me sad since it seems very well that this is the main reason for the change. And yet this new system has caused me to spend less money then I did on past events. If I enjoyed the event I found that I ended up spending some money on it. Especially if there was something I really wanted that would be helpful to my cities. This time I've been too bored and frusterated by the quests to even consider spending money on the event.

Deleted User - 3932582

LOL, just when I thought this event can't get any better (again!) ;) OK, so far we all raved about how awesome it is to collect all these generous quest rewards. Well, we shouldn't lose track of the fact that gaining even currency is not a goal in itself - we need to spend it to get something useful out of it. So today I did blow through my 6.3K of keys, aiming for some dailies and other stuff. I don't know if they used the same "random" source for chest openings as they did for quests, but results were quite unexpected. We all know that coin instants are one of the most valuable things you can get in an event, and from that perspective my spending spree exceeded all my expectations. It's not that they were rare in the previous events, but this time around it was something else.

Without boring you with too many numbers, let's just say that every single event chest type that I opened did worse than expected on daily prizes (15 vs 21 total), KPs, AW KPs and extra keys. You know, the useful stuff. And what did I get in excess of? Timeboosts (slightly), IM spells (slightly), and - you got it - coin instants (quite significantly so). That's in 220 total opened chests, opened in one go.

The most skewed was 57 chest (I opened 35 of these). Realized outcomes were like this:
Code:
Daily:     5.7% vs 15% expected
Coins:    51.4% vs 35% expected (!)
AW KPs:   40.0% vs 40% expected
100 Keys:  2.9% vs 10% expected

Now, as a single player observation that still can be explained simply by bad luck (only about 5% chance of dropping that low on dailies). These are not as bad as 5+ same quests in a row. But given all the other things that were happening at this event, nothing will particularly surprise me.

TL;DR - you may want to pay more attention also to what do you get when you spend your keys. Unless you have a dire need to cover coin rain shortfall. Then you should be well covered ;)

satchmo33

So ok. I've been stuck on Quest 26 for two weeks now in both of my cities. Had none of the relics necessary to make the Catalysts. Scouting takes 67 hours a pop times three. IF there's a wanted relic province available. If not, gotta do a province nearby to the the one wanted....anther 67 hours. So in both cities I've got my nose squashed up against a brick wall. It's obvious that I'll not be finishing this event. Too. Many. Relics. Required. BAH!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So ok. I've been stuck on Quest 26 for two weeks now in both of my cities. Had none of the relics necessary to make the Catalysts. Scouting takes 67 hours a pop times three. IF there's a wanted relic province available. If not, gotta do a province nearby to the the one wanted....anther 67 hours. So in both cities I've got my nose squashed up against a brick wall. It's obvious that I'll not be finishing this event. Too. Many. Relics. Required. BAH!

Unless you are talking about the Beta server, you can't be stuck for two weeks because today is only day 8 on the live servers. But aside from that, did you not go into the Spire yet, as some of the early (easy) encounters have CCs as a possible reward.

GlamDoll

That's just it though, this wasn't a compromise. It was announced as one though, so we're left with 2 options: either they thought it was and bungled it, or as someone else suggested, this really was intended as a nerf because they thought the previous situation was too good. If that's the case that's pretty bad, not only did they nerf an event but basically lied about that being the intent.

I hear that. I am trying to be "neutral?" with IG, but, well. If I had to give my concluding thoughts...it really is not a positive one, by any stretch, of at least, my imagination. I hope I am wrong though....

I am missing actually being able to play the event. I used to play & pay for the events...and now, I can do neither. At least one of those reasons is by my choice. So, I take comfort in that...even if it's sub-par, for my tastes.

I hope IG actually will listen to the feedback, especially those among us that have math/data/etc, to show how much of a mess this seems to be, now.

It really feels like either pay to get your level 10 bear, or burn through tons of time instants, to do these long-slog, same few quests. I still haven't hit having 1k keys on GlamDoll, and haven't spent any of them yet :/

>.< I will NOT pay for an event IF! I can't play it too!

Either way though, I'm not complaining about a compromise.

Same.

GlamDoll

The Autumn Zodiac SUCKS many repetitive uneven impossibly long quests that make spending money nearly a necessity to complete many times back to back the changes to manus and workshops after the event started. Can you make a money grab more obvious?

I certainly hope they can't...it will make this fiasco look good, if they do. :/

The best feedback is always spoken with your wallet.

Indeed! I doubt they will ignore that feedback....and if they do, well, then they brought it on themselves.

Alistaire

Indeed! I doubt they will ignore that feedback....and if they do, well, then they brought it on themselves.
Works both ways though. If this squeeze has made the whales cough up more that's the feedback they'll listen to.

Ya know what I'd love? A pay-to-play server that disallowed diamond purchases. Allow diamonds from in-game things etc, support the game via the pay-to-play model for that server alone, puts everyone on an even playing field. Would be a more interesting race than this new server they've introduced, that's for sure. But I've been playing subscription MMOs since they started so maybe that's just my bias :)

GlamDoll

Works both ways though. If this squeeze has made the whales cough up more that's the feedback they'll listen to.

Ya know what I'd love? A pay-to-play server that disallowed diamond purchases. Allow diamonds from in-game things etc, support the game via the pay-to-play model for that server alone, puts everyone on an even playing field. Would be a more interesting race than this new server they've introduced, that's for sure. But I've been playing subscription MMOs since they started so maybe that's just my bias :)

Agreed on the whales point. O.O....and I would totally pay for a monthly subscription server! I too have played an MMO or two :p... if you are biased, count me in, too!

DeletedUser2959

This will be the last evolving building I even try for. What the hell was wrong with sets? I loved sets. Sure, sometimes you couldn't finish but when you DID get 'em all you could replace an old set. Now I'm going to look at the same damn sets for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever ...

Alistaire

Agreed. 1 tiny thing though

and a single city with 11x L10 MPs (special circumstances, not repeatable performance).
@MinMax Gamer You missed my city with 12? also relatively special circumstances, not repeatable etc, idk the person who got 11 so I can't compare. edit: or is the 11 mine just misreported? Honestly doesn't change much either way but I am curious if someone else got 11 and to hear their story about it. There was something in the message from inno after the event that implied someone else had gotten 11, they initially had given me 11 after a statement saying I'd earned 12 total, and said they had "copy/pasted" the thing that gave me 11 when they fixed it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.