• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Unbeliever

What I find most insulting with these ranDUMB quest lines, is how borked the currency pay-outs are.
ie: Scout a Province early on = maybe 40-50 currencies, then later on, the exact same quest is worth 75-80 currencies?!

What fething moron came up with this BS?o_O

Or of course, how "gain stupid amount of relics" is exactly the same pay-out as "complete bread 10 times" for example.

Just fething stupid how Inno is so damn lazy & incompetent to be unable to price the quest via their overall difficulty/resource cost.
Randumb quest lines wouldn't be half as horriawful as this event is if they just grouped the quests via difficulty, and then set the RNG to roll twice;
a) first roll checks to see whether you get an 'easy', 'moderate', 'hard', 'very hard' quest, with 'medium' being the highest % vs. 'very hard' being the lowest % to occur.
b) second roll then chooses a quest from one of the quests in the available table.

At least that way heinous quests like Scouting/gaining 10-12+ relics/completing 30-45 tourney encounters could be priced to *always* pay out high currency, while the smaller tasks can then be priced more fairly.
(ie: 10 beverages, even IF it *has* to be done in 'current chapter or -3' workshops is in no way close to the equivalent effort & cost of scouting an entire new province or clearing 9 encounters/45 tourney encounters!:mad::mad::mad:)

Black watch

This is the first event I have not enjoyed at all.

Every third quest requires me to scout, activate tech, or gain a significant amount of vision vapor. Scouting well past my level's range is unsustainable, as is blazing through tech advancements. That leaves me forced to waste an endless stream of resources on items of dubious value from the magic academy.

I also find the manufactory level requirements far too inhibiting. If your city lacks room for the higher level upgrades, you're just out of luck; no event rewards for you.

I have genuinely enjoyed this game, but if this is the new direction we can expect for future events, you can count me out.

P.S. Am I the only one who misses the event building sets?

I couldn't agree more... I'm already over-scouted even before the event started... now I'm getting close to the VERY HARD scouts and I'm not going to do that. I too have been hit with those dubious value items in the MA. I wish they were Pet Food instead.

I liked the sets and thought the evolving birds were going to be a rare occurrence. How wrong I was.

Edit: I just went through the relic quest this morning first thing, followed by my old friend. Scout a Provence... (at just under 50 hours a scout, I'm living in my MA. and yeah, I know for you bigger players out there, that 50 hours is a far cry from where you are, but ratio per chapter is putting us all in the same boat)

neeronie

Observation about repeat... It is one thing to get a repeat that can be repeated in a reasonable amount of time and is not wasteful of hard to get items but when the repeat requires Scouting, Research or 15 Vision Vapors 3 times in a row, it makes me want to leave town. If you are going to do this, (I understand why), this type of quest needs to be screened out of the mix or limited as to repeats. This is the second event with this method and the second event I am going to stop doing. In baseball, three strikes, your out.

neeronie

Interesting effect of this horrible event? The #1 FS that I am in has gone almost completely silent. It really does look like players are popping in, doing their normal routines and leaving to do something else. I keep wondering and doing /who in the chat and I'm not seeing anybody sticking around :(

@wtfever scout takes 113 hours here :eek:
I totally understand why, read my post.

Hob-nob

First ever event I'm not playing. The daily prizes are just a repeat of the previous fall event and if I don't already have them I don't want them. The grand prizes are another building I have to craft pet food for - yay? The quests are just ridiculous. I normally don't mind spending a little to get a grand prize I want but I don't want to come out and just buy the whole event. No cash from me on this one. The whole thing is just depressing.

neeronie

I don't see how ch13 & 14 players are affected any more than any other. No sentient goods are required to get to the minimum level.

With that said, I completely understand the reasons behind no longer allowing lvl 1 buildings to count as this levels the playing field between those between chapters and those stuck in the middle of a chapter. For that reason, while not happy, I reluctantly agree it's a good thing. HOWEVER, this big of a change in event mechanics NEEDS to be announced in-game long before the event starts. The support staff are going to be inundated with frustrated players not understanding why their quests aren't counting.

neeronie

The reason it effects us more is that we already have some of our usual production diverted to making sentiment goods, as an example I have 6 Marble, and 2 are making a sentiment, leaving me 4 to work with for production and the Event. There is a sentiment product from your own tier 1, as well as needing to build a sentiment in a different tier 2 and tier 3. Of course I could just build more level 24 marble, that would fix everything, not. Sorry for the last statement, this Event system has me a in a bad mood.

Deleted User - 3932582

ok, so when they said they copy/pasted my reward originally from someone else...let's say they were referring to another event? Maybe someone got 11 not on the US servers? idk, wouldn't be the worst thing ever if they were just...making that excuse up to cover some bad math. :)
Not sure what you mean, but here is how your city snapshot looked at the point in time used for analysis (with 11x MPs):

https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/50c24104d751454b91b629460dbc4219/

DeletedUser3949

I have gotten Scout 1 Province, Research 1 Technology, or Gain 15 Vision Vapor, 4 times in a row now. It takes me 2 days to scout a province, I need so much mana to research a technology right now that'll take days, and need 6 catalyst to craft something that has enough vapor which will take 4 days. This is ridiculous. Not even bothering to participate anymore. I haven't given Unno money in over a year, and this is why. I refuse to reward them for their incompetence.

Alistaire

Not sure what you mean, but here is how your city snapshot looked at the point in time used for analysis (with 11x MPs):

https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/50c24104d751454b91b629460dbc4219/
So, yeah, I got the 6 in-game, then they sent me 5 more with a note saying I had "121 extra grand prizes", so I replied wait, it's 1 every 20 so 121 would be 6 extra right? I hate to push but it'll be nice to have an even dozen. They replied with "I was indeed able to find out there was a slight issue with the spreadsheet for a few players who received a certain amount over due to the nature of repeating the sequence (short version is that it was a bad copy/paste)" which sounded like they had copy/pasted my extra rewards from someone else's. I guess there's other possibilities; that's just the first thing I thought and when you posted saying someone had 11 I wondered if that was this "bad copy/paste" person I had wondered about. I knew it was possible you had grabbed the info earlier than that conversation, just figured I'd ask.

DeletedUser3949

When I was at a lower level I had 7 of my tier 1 boost factories. As you advance you need sentient goods to advance your city, which means deleting tier 1 boost factories and replacing them with tier one sentient factories. And of course as you upgrade your factories they increase in size. Right now I have 3 tier 1 boost factories (which is more than most at my level, 2 is really all you need). So, for me to make 4 - 9 hour tier 1 items it takes me 18 hours. That is the disadvantage.

DeletedUser1016

It really feels like either pay to get your level 10 bear, or burn through tons of time instants, to do these long-slog, same few quests.

The Autumn Zodiac SUCKS many repetitive uneven impossibly long quests that make spending money nearly a necessity to complete many times back to back the changes to manus and workshops after the event started. Can you make a money grab more obvious?

The best feedback is always spoken with your wallet.

I'm done. Turn me over. My brain is fried
Just got about the 15th Scout/VV/Research.
I refuse to do another one.
I'll collect what drops and use up what I've saved but no more scouting or making Scrap from crafting.
@The Unbeliever I know what gak is now and I've had enough.

Yup...I've given up too! I've given up a couple of days ago in my small cities, I can't even accumulate 300keys in those, so why bother, what can you win with such a small amount of spins?

My main City is doing fine, and I'll probably be able to max one [1] bear, but I really liked these events for all the other prizes you get just by opening up lots of chest. Unfortunately that's been removed from this event and everyone [from what I read herein] has hit a "brick wall" just a week into the game!

So for me, it's now just do these ridiculously created quests as they come - I'm not going to waste any more CC spells and/or boosts, I'll just settle for whatever I can grab with the least amount of cost.

Deleted User - 3932582

So, yeah, I got the 6 in-game, then they sent me 5 more with a note saying I had "121 extra grand prizes", so I replied wait, it's 1 every 20 so 121 would be 6 extra right? I hate to push but it'll be nice to have an even dozen. They replied with "I was indeed able to find out there was a slight issue with the spreadsheet for a few players who received a certain amount over due to the nature of repeating the sequence (short version is that it was a bad copy/paste)" which sounded like they had copy/pasted my extra rewards from someone else's. I guess there's other possibilities; that's just the first thing I thought and when you posted saying someone had 11 I wondered if that was this "bad copy/paste" person I had wondered about. I knew it was possible you had grabbed the info earlier than that conversation, just figured I'd ask.
Oh, I see. No, no one on US servers was even close at the time (well, at least on placed ones). I know that on other servers people were getting up to 12x as well.

DeletedUser1016

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 11.30.10 AM.png
Oh, if anyone is interested...this is my most recent set of quest list ....interestingly, when I was in between tournaments, I got tons of "collect relics", now that the tourney has started today...not one!!!!

shimmerfly

Wow you guys/girls with your spread sheets amaze me. In a good way...! :D I applaud you.

I just went back and counted how many times i can upgrade my bear, if I chose to, and only have 5. Hardly worth the agravation and supplies. And we have how ? many days of me staring at the ( ignored) quest guy???
I need a piece of tape to put over his greedy head.

Status
Not open for further replies.