• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I agree. I don't even have a single petfood for my phoenix.

The Panda is a joke. You have to feed it to activate it, and then you get goods for every petfood you use after that one. I don't have enough petfood to make that remotely useful in any city.

Brie, To make matters worse I really wanted the Panda because it is both cute & pretty :( I don’t like the other 2 nearly as much. Both are more practical and Bears are cute but I’m not excited by the way they look overall.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
No, actually, Panda produces goods whether he's fed or not. It's when you feed Panda before feeding any other pets that he gives you bonus goods after you feed them. In my city here I have all three out. Panda gives me 81 crystal every 48 hours, Brownie gives me 4 Valorian every 48, Polar gives me 7888 coin every 48. They're still in their spheres, and I don't have the Magic Academy yet, so obviously they've never been fed.

In regards to the backlash toward this event, a Mod on the Beta forum had this to say:

It's almost to the bottom of the page. https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/autumn-zodiac.13647/page-30

"No, no, no, say nothing because by saying nothing you are saying everything.
The anger is coming from Inno refusing to allow abuse and players are upset that they can no longer abuse the system. If you want to blame anyone then blame the players that keep abusing systems.

I'm sorry but where when a game offers 3 bears can you think it is right to try and get 10. That's like me realising there is as fault with a bank cash machine and going back 10 times to get more than I have in the account.
Just be grateful it took awhile for the company to know what was happening.
EVERY game has to have limitations. Whatever you want to call the game system.
Very sad puppy but I also on my phone play Toon Blast and have 5 lives but if I go through them all I am asked to pay for more. That's what companies do, so where is this any different. you want 10 bears then pay for it because the other 9 do not come free.

Oh Scooby take a Scooby snack and chill out for goodness sake, and you baggages I still love you all :p"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To that I say, That is complete and total BS! :mad: With the Phoenix event there is an entire thread about whether people who had more than one of each had cheated. The answer was "NO". The event prizes were built that way. OF COURSE, you would have had to spend a bundle of money to do that. I spent $100 + whatever for the +1 building on that event and only finished 2 Phoenixes. I believed then and I believe now that the evolving buildings should only allow one of each. For Elvenar to get so darn greedy that they allow multiples of all of the evolving "pets" and then turn around and blame their paying customers for Elvenar COMPLETELY RUINING any fun in events for paying and nonpaying customers is just F_ing WRONG!

Adding: Insinuating players who play the game as designed by the developers are thieves is the stupidest and most insulting insinuation I have ever heard coming from a mod! IT IS ILLEGAL, BESIDES DISHONEST, TO TAKE EXTRA $$ FROM A BROKEN ATM. That is out & out theft in the eyes of the Law. Paying customers who purchased so much in game currency to gain multiples of event prizes are the EXACT OPPOSITE! I have spent an insane amount of real $$ in this game (literally thousands over the years) for the purpose of purchasing advantages like time, space, EVENT PRIZES, etc. Thank you so much for making it crystal clear what you think of those of us who have supported this game :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

GlamDoll

Thank you so much for making it crystal clear what you think of those of us who have supported this game :mad::mad::mad:

Just Bravo on ALL of what you just said!!!!!!! 100% on board with it!

The whole say nothing & blame players... Say nothing? Then why even have a Forum with a Thread for Feedback? WTF is the point?

As for paying them any more of my money....I'm not seeing that happen.

Apologies to us along with fixing this mess for absolute starters would have to happen FIRST!......

For me to reconsider INNO!!!

Alistaire

No, actually, Panda produces goods whether he's fed or not. It's when you feed Panda before feeding any other pets that he gives you bonus goods after you feed them. In my city here I have all three out. Panda gives me 81 crystal every 48 hours, Brownie gives me 4 Valorian every 48, Polar gives me 7888 coin every 48. They're still in their spheres, and I don't have the Magic Academy yet, so obviously they've never been fed.

In regards to the backlash toward this event, a Mod on the Beta forum had this to say:

It's almost to the bottom of the page. https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/autumn-zodiac.13647/page-30
Someone on that forum needs to show him that article MinMax Gamer posted.

And @Ælfwine I think someone official needs to make a response here denouncing that post; that is NOT ok. Not only does it miss the point of what people have been complaining about, but if you see that article I referred to (https://minmaxgame.com/punished-for-success/) you'll see the situation they're describing just plain isn't happening.

Also this is the 2nd post relayed here from that forum now where a mod is blaming players for your bad balancing, and it's starting to make your company look really, really bad.

And as for their quote:
Just be grateful it took awhile for the company to know what was happening.

just...wow. This is literally the 2nd event with this format so this is just talking out of their...area of expertise we'll say.

That person's mod status should be revoked.

Pheryll

Set Designer
And @Ælfwine I think someone official needs to make a response here denouncing that post; that is NOT ok. Not only does it miss the point of what people have been complaining about, but if you see that article I referred to (https://minmaxgame.com/punished-for-success/) you'll see the situation they're describing just plain isn't happening.

It was denounced by Marindor. That is the players were not cheating or abusing the system for using the means available to them in the game.

We also found out it has downsides as well in our current setup. One of these is that the "old" event strategy of building tons of level 1 buildings has way too big an impact in an endless quest system, so we had to adjust something there. I agree with you that the wording "abusing the system" was not in place there, so sorry for one of our team members phrasing it that way. It was a perfectly legit strategy of playing an event. It just had too big an impact in the new mechanics, so we had to make some changes. As you were able to see from the different tweaks with the "Workshops of your current advancement" and stuff, we're not quite there yet, but please allow us some time to find the sweet spot there :) Aside from the feedback, we'll also need to go through the data we're collecting from Live servers and such.

Alistaire

It was denounced by Marindor. That is the players were not cheating or abusing the system for using the means available to them in the game.
OK I see it now, a couple pages after. Gonna link it here: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/autumn-zodiac.13647/page-32#post-78944

Also good that it mentions the similar quests issue.

Honestly though, it shouldn't have needed to come to what it did for Marindor's kind of response though, and when there was such a response, why wouldn't it have been ported over to here? (maybe rephrased a bit to remove the context of calming people down from that other team member's post)

People are mad about this event. People in my fs that started off responding to the things I said about changes with "oh yeah that's no problem" are now as infuriated as the rest of us. If a response like Marindor's can be given out, it shouldn't just be limited to the beta forums.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Re the Mirindor quote, it turned out that I don’t have a problem with the level requirements on buildings. I was not really surprised that they wanted to eliminate L1 shantytowns. With them I was able to blow through quests and finish events in first week and then sit back & wait for what I wanted to come up in the daily prizes. So that aspect makes the event more challenging but not really horrible. The BIG problem I have, and most posts I’ve read, is the repetitive NOT random “random” quests :mad::mad:

Alistaire

Re the Mirindor quote, it turned out that I don’t have a problem with the level requirements on buildings. I was not really surprised that they wanted to eliminate L1 shantytowns. With them I was able to blow through quests and finish events in first week and then sit back & wait for what I wanted to come up in the daily prizes. So that aspect makes the event more challenging but not really horrible. The BIG problem I have, and most posts I’ve read, is the repetitive NOT random “random” quests :mad::mad:
My biggest problems with the level requirement are: the complexity of it, and players about to unlock a new chapter are stuck because of it. We're still getting people posting that are confused about it.

And then the event comes around and we see there's also "produce x goods" quests, which completely solve the shantytown issue without the complexity or rigidness of this system. If Inno learns anything out of this, those produce x goods quests are the perfect solution here, with 1 sort of minor exception, being that they're rough on players the farther away they are from max boost. Case in point: everyone on the new server that opened the same time as this event (that was a bad idea tbh). I know I'm already overscouted there and I'm stuck on catalysts cause we haven't had a single elixir tourney yet.

But it could be programmed to take your % bonus up to the base max (shouldn't really penalize players for levelling MH) into account, so it's a problem that can be accounted for. And it's not too easy, not too hard, and allows players to play by their schedule while rewarding people who can play more often and/or people willing to throw other resources like instants and diamonds at it. Those quests are already scaled to chapter so shantytowns are out, and about my other complaint, that you're basically told to stop your progress or face hundreds of hours of upgrades (especially the amuni chapter which I'm at but not at because I'm holding off hitting it). If these were all changed to "produce x" style quests I'd be able to continue, and I'd still be encouraged to level those buildings as time allows. And it would even promote instead of punish players for having magic workshops, since those produce a lot more but require more population. That's one of the more baffling things here, is that they've punished their biggest spenders with the workshop situation, and this would solve that.

...so completely aside from all that, I started thinking of another suggestion here that would help. Each grand prize takes 20 of these "lights"...so why not modify that? If you want something infinite but want to limit people from actually going infinite with it, just tailor the event around what average currency people get, calculate how many lights that gets (like they say you need 25k to finish 3 bears), and make it still 25k to get there but with the later prizes taking more than 20 lights. Can have each prize after a certain point take more and more, and they can still spend time instants and diamonds to go further, but those things start to get diminishing returns when you need 25, 30, 40 etc lights per prize. You essentially make the 4th building harder than the 3rd, and the 5th harder than the 4th etc. Food for thought at least.

DeletedUser21727

Rubbish, absolutely RUBBISH. The events are getting more and more ridiculous. It used to be there were daily quest (they killed that last event0 and it was every other level up that you got a event level upgrade. Now its 2 levels before getting upgrade. I got hit with solve 4/5/6 encounters right in a row and i don't care who you are, that takes time to train new units. The events have gotten worse since they 2 years I've played. So you use a lot of resources to get a chance at getting a chance at a possibility of getting a prize. Its all about buying diamonds. They are getting greedy or they've run outta money.
I already killed 3 accounts in my household, (they quit outright) and I'm about to do the same. Instead of gaining revenue from me they are losing my revenue. But why should they care about just one account? exactly...I can no longer afford this game.
Absolute RUBBISH

Risen Malchiah

36 pages in and I haven't seen anyone yet who loves the changes. And from what I've seen of the beta forum for this event, the feedback has actually been *more* scathing over there.

At this point, we really need some feedback from the developers. Any representative of Inno reading this really should provide an update, an announcement of any kind regarding all of this. If we knew more about the design philosophy behind the changes, we could provide more substantive feedback. Or if the quest repetition is not actually intended, please provide some hope that this might be addressed prior to the end of the event. I really don't want to see anyone quit over this.

DeletedUser8863

Anyone else stuck in a loop of scout a province (mine take 70 hours) or research a tech (I am at the end of the tech tree) or gain 15 vision vapor? It will take as many days to make the combining catalysts to craft enough stuff to get 15 vision vapor as it will take to scout a province. I won't pay for diamonds and using my instants sure isn't worth it when I get this quest 3 times in a row. Not liking the new event structure at all. I'd love to get some manufacturing quests!

DeletedUser14158

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please take a moment to let us know what you think about our Autumn Zodiac event!

We hope you enjoy it and we look forward to hearing what you think!

Kind Regards,
Your Elvenar Team

You've made it too difficult by not allowing the little lvl 1 buildings. Noone in any of my FS likes this one. thanks for the bears and the 2 or 3 upgrades anyones going to be lucky to be able to get for disenchantment i guess? noone wants your lvl 3 bear

DeletedUser3468

This is something I've been holding off saying because I actually do get where Inno is coming from, requiring a specific level of factories and workshops for events. I simply don't agree with them and feel that if they believe they had to do this, we should have received a major heads up at least a week in advance so we could prepare for it. So here goes... Am I the only person who feels that not allowing level 1 buildings is ridiculous? It's not like it's unfair to the other players since all players can do it. As for it making it too easy for the players to blow through the quests and get too much stuff because of the endless quests, just get rid of the endless quest format and go back the the limited number of sequential quests so the players who have all the time in the world to build huge shantytowns and spend endless time over a few days to do all the clicking the quests still would require won't be able to take advantage and win too much stuff. (btw, how many of those players are ones who purchase diamonds? If the answer is along the lines of "A lot" then isn't Inno shooting themselves in the foot by making these changes and annoying/angering those who spend money - sometimes lots of it - on the game?)

I have cities where I have had to take time off the event to level up both workshops and T1 factories to have a chance of competing at a reasonable level, even without the idiotic repetition of so many of the quests (and I'm not talking the produce 5 bread ones!) Why didn't I level them up as I went along, you might ask. I would answer "No room, not enough population, no room to build more residences for more population. In one city I had 7 T1 factories, only one of which was at their required level for the event. I ended up having to sell off some of those 7 factories just to make the space and free up the population so I could level the remaining ones up one time. (luckily that proved to be enough.) I had to totally mess up my city layout to fit these larger factories in, even with the space freed up by selling some. On top of that, since the new larger factories don't make enough additional goods to make up for the loss of the ones I had to sell, I'm not able to produce as much of my boosted T1 good. Gee... thanks a lot.

Speaking for the players with smaller cities, like chapter one or two, it is incredibly difficult to accomplish much of anything, depending on your boosted T1. I just started another small city; something I do occasionally to keep up with what new players are currently encountering since our Arendyll Felllowship is still a teaching Fellowship... can't teach them if I don't know what they're experiencing. I have planks as my boosted good there and I am now on my 4th day of trying to finish the produce 900 planks quest. I'm adding factories and leveling them up as fast as I can manage (which means I have no extra T1 goods since it all has to go into upgrades and nothing to trade for my non boosted T1 good so I have to buy them.) The best I have been able to manage is 6 planks factories, 3 at level 4 and, since I just entered chapter 2 and hurried to get the tech for advanced planks manufactory done as soon as I finished advanced scouts, so I could level the other 3 to level 5. It's not like I have enough planks provinces cleared to provide enough planks relics to get much of a boost yet. Even with all this, since I have a life outside of Elvenar, it's probably going to take most of tomorrow (today actually since it's after midnight here) to finally finish up the last 200+ planks that I still need. The only good point is that when I finally finish the 4 to 5 days getting the blasted planks, IF I get the Scout/Research/VV quest, I can still scout in just 9 or 10 minutes but those probably won't come up for me since they would be so easy.

So, no I am not happy with this event. I won't go into how insulting I found the Beta Forums mod Scoobydo's comments comparing our using the tools provided by Inno to maximize what we win in these events to the theft of money from an ATM. Others have expressed it much better than I could.

DeletedUser24223

@TomatoeHu I agree, it is an exercise in frustration to make suggestions on both beta and live. On beta, I have found the event to be both tedious and frustrating. Being in chapter 7, I have actually been progressing quite well through it as I have research ready to complete and (now) sufficient workshops and t1 boosted to complete the quests. I am currently getting 188 currency per quest and have 6k plus evolutions to fully evolve one bear. I use speed boosts, but not diamonds and do not have the event building. Given I have a lot of 8 hour speedboosts, I tend to use those on the toolbox quests to put them to 8 hours unless I want to wait.
I do believe that folks in low, medium and high chapters actually need to work from different quest lists because the relative ease/difficulty of quests varies. For low level players, scouting and research are typically short and readily available, but doing vision vapor, spell fragments and 45 tourney provinces are extreme. I know tourney provinces have an or for the regular province encounters, however, there are only so many of those you can do as well before they become overscouted or too expensive to complete, especially in chapters 1-4. Even in mid range chapters, 45 tourney encounters is a huge amount to do. The only way this works if it is intended to be a two-day quest.

I dislike getting the same quest 3 out of 4 times. I do feel there are too many gain relic/solve encounter quests and I still loathe buy KP. My summation on beta (I am Kasia over there) close to the beginning still pretty much holds true of my opinion of the event. The bears are wonderful, the implementation of the event still needs work.

You are spot on with your assessment. I am new and only in Chapter 2. I am at a standstill in the Zodiac event because I keep getting back to back repeats of the "gain relics" and the encounters have become too hard for me to fight. I thought getting the Panda would provide me with goods so I could pay to negotiate, but the Panda has done nothing for me except provide scrolls every 48 hours. Feeding it has done nothing, and since I cant get relics to make more pet food, Im done for. Not complaining...I still love this game, but bummed that I cant feel successful in this event . :(

Ciarda

Anyone else stuck in a loop of scout a province (mine take 70 hours) or research a tech (I am at the end of the tech tree) or gain 15 vision vapor? It will take as many days to make the combining catalysts to craft enough stuff to get 15 vision vapor as it will take to scout a province. I won't pay for diamonds and using my instants sure isn't worth it when I get this quest 3 times in a row. Not liking the new event structure at all. I'd love to get some manufacturing quests!

Yes. I keep getting it one after another or with 1 different one between and I'm in the same spot as you, 70+hrs to scout (and over scouted which use to be something they didn't want you to do) and no research to open. I keep running out of CC's to use so I keep having to make sure.

I was one that did every event in every world. Now I'm not doing much on any since it's messing up my game.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
36 pages in and I haven't seen anyone yet who loves the changes.

After I had time to get over being annoyed by the building minimums, I was alright with them and I expect them to be required in the Winter event also. I do not love the changes, but honestly, I do not love any of the mechanics used in any of the big events. I like the events and I live the prizes, usually, but not the mechanics. The events two or three years ago were worse, in my opinion, if the older players remember the ones before we got the sets as grand prizes. Back then there were three total grand prizes and you had to collect the event currency to open the chests to get the other event currency that unlocked the grand prizes. The third grand prize was always just barely winnable for the more hardcore players without spending any real money or saved up diamonds, but the average players could never get all three prizes without spending money in some way. That was an unfair and not fun system. I would rather have what we have now, than go back to that.

As for the random vs set lists of quests, in the Mermaid event, it was something like the first 10 quests were the same for everyone and then it got "random". In this event, the first 29 quests were basically the same for everyone, and then it went "random". So maybe they next big event for Winter will expand that some more to maybe 50 or 75 quests that are set and everyone gets in the same order, and then goes "random". Then people could do more planning, or they could come and still complain because they can't do the early quests, just like with this event. Even with the first 29 quests known in advance because of Beta and elvengems, there were still a bunch of posts complaining about those.

Deleted User - 3932582

As for the random vs set lists of quests, in the Mermaid event, it was something like the first 10 quests were the same for everyone and then it got "random".
Except mechanics of "random" was very different. The quests were more cycled than randomized - and over meaningful number of quests the aggregates followed very predictable pattern - which was the same for everyone. Not only that, but you knew your next quest with at worst 50% probability.

None of these features present in the current "random" approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.