• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pheryll

Set Designer
If activity is to be spread out among multiple weeks with diminishing return for further progress, how about a progression that starts at say 200 and works its way down by 5% (multiplicative with a minimum of 1) until the end of each third of the event (slightly more than a week each). This should bring in about what is needed to max one evolving building from doing 20 quests each third.

Black watch

I'm using underline and italics to let folks know that I'm responding to those highlights.

Speak for yourself. I'm a whiner and agitator even when the majority do agree with me.

That's just fun right there... AND right now, most of the folks on this thread are in agreement, the event has major flaws that need to be addressed and INNO doesn't seem to be listening much. It would be nice to have an official note from them letting us know they are working on addressing our concerns.
:)

Things I like about this event...
I like that the bear cubs are so cute because it's very likely that I will never be able to upgrade even one to it's fullest.

I like that the brown bear (even in it's level one state) gives such great additional fighters. I now have not only Valorian Guards, which I expected, but also Orc Warrions, Orc Strategists and in one case where the bear is leveled up a bit, Frogs! These are all in cities where I am nowhere close to researching these fighters yet. (in the beginning of chapter 2 in one of the cities where I have the OWs and OSs)

I like that, once I accepted that there was no way I was going to be able to do much of anything as far as leveling up any bears, accepted that I was going to have repeated, extremely time consuming quests and all the complaining in the world wasn't going to change anything, this has become the most restful Event ever. I simply had to greatly lower my expectations and not worry about it. This is also my way of saying it has become the most boring event ever. (My choice to consider it boring rather than frustrating because, after all, it's just a game... just pixels on a screen... )

No threats to leave if all future events hold to this format. I simply won't play as enthusiastically as I have in the past. I'll take the time I won't be spending playing Elvenar to play another company's game that I also enjoy and I will spend the small amount of money I would have on diamonds here on rubies there.

Well said and powerful.
Again INNO, your player base is unhappy... unhappy players leave... they play something else. Sinking ship INNO... it's not getting better.

Yes Dear :p Touche :cool: I clearly remember my attempt to get some of the forum to lighten up and recognize some of the positive things that had been done instead of analyzing the down side of everything. For quite a while I chose to enjoy the game and overlook what was then small annoyances to me. I do believe we even had a heated disagreement. Now, no darn way! They have crossed the line into what I feel is indefensible! If Elvenar wants to very clearly punish long term players for playing as the game was developed and as prior Elvenar employee & in game guidance was given out then I don't even have the words to express how insulted and even angry I am :mad: It is hard to watch them take a game I have enjoyed for so long and invested so much time & $ into and suck all the fun out of it :(:(

Probably the number one reason many people are so upset... they feel the same way.

Well, to begin with, I see that some that responded to my earlier post went at it as if I had taken a stance against them. Nope. My earlier message (un-edited still, of course) simply made a non-qualitative observation in response to another post, to which I had quoted (and seemingly ignored or completely oblivious by those triggered by my post). I made no judgements toward the event itself. At all. None.
I will attempt to address most of these replies in as dry and level a manner as possible, in the order they appeared. Obviously, some individuals read things that simply aren't there, some are offended easier than others, and I don't want to add fuel to a fire that is apparently already raging out of control, but at the same time I do not appreciate being misquoted, misinterpreted, and spoken to in a way that is completely unwarranted. I wish us all the best of luck.
And, just want to point out, I do actually read the entirety of a thread before posting in it. I don't need it explained to me in recapitulation format, but I did appreciate the effort. It's a weird pet peeve of mine to see the occasional post of "Didn't bother to read previous x number of pages, but here's my opinion anyway." So yes, I do take the time to read each and every post, and respect the time taken to write every post. I realize that even though I hadn't actively participated in this thread discussion until the previous post, some may have thought I hadn't read anything.

So, before ado is in any way furthered..

Black watch said:
with only three pages of complaints, INNO could blow off the response as a bump in the road. With 44 pages, that's hard to ignore.

Just repeating the same complaint for 44 pages doesn't make it count for more. Asking on a road trip 'are we there yet' constantly doesn't get you there faster, it just makes you annoying.
That about wraps it up. Hopefully everybody's cool now. Best of luck with the remainder of the Event!

It's a post for feed back. Some folks get emotional, especial if money is involved and changes occur to a game they used to really enjoy. They are venting. Part of that is also showing players expressing WHAT is annoying them and what they think is wrong with the game now. Allowances need to be made for folks that are, frankly, pissed off.
INNO is getting a clear picture of what they have created by seeing how their event is unfolding and moving forward. They can see those players are STILL experiencing troubles. I think it's also apparently necessary to bludgeon the living daylights out of INNO with this, since they aren't communicative.
There is also the human element that is at work here. People are commiserating with each other too, so this is a multi-function thread in the grand scheme.

The one thing Stalin got right is when he said that "quantity has a quality all its own". When a shopkeeper or a manager sees that hundreds of paying customers -- from the big spenders, all the way down the line -- are making the exact same 3 or 4 complaints, a clever shopkeeper or manager takes steps to address those 3 or 4 complaints specifically, in a timely fashion. It's (relatively) easy to clean up, and it provides customer satisfaction not only to the hundreds of dissatisfied customers, but to the thousands of customers behind them who didn't bother to comment at all. So the question is...does the Elvenar team at InnoGames have any clever shopkeepers?

If so, then damage control for this event has to be Priority #1 for Elvenar. Priority #2 has to be designing the next event so it reverts to the tried-and-true Phoenix-era rules. They weren't perfect, but they were the last evolving-building-event Elvenar's customers actually seemed to like. And only then can InnoGames address Priority #3: literally everything else in Elvenar. But if they're not clever, then they're going to lose customers. And not being clever, they'll try to make up for it by cutting corners, while making even bigger money-grabs. And then the game will enter the kind of year-long death-spiral that we're all familiar with already, both from other browser/mobile games, and from countless brick-and-mortar businesses.

However annoying it might be to you, I'd really like to know which of those futures is in store for my fellowship. And I have a pretty strong preference for the former over the latter.

Spot on. Businesses know they need to keep things in hand and keep communication open with their clients... INNO isn't doing that. Very well said Kataphractos! I totally agree with you.

Bricabrac's response:
The difference that I pointed out is that it's not hundreds lodging the same 3 or 4 complaints, rather it's a handful repeating themselves hundreds of times. Not the same thing. At all.

There has been more than a handful expressing themselves on this event. Yes, some have posted a lot more, but I think I addressed that above. If I treated my clients the way INNO is treating it's player base, I'd be out of business. There has only been Fairy Dust's response a little while ago, but where is INNO's response. Just a note would help to put the fire out. To stop the ship from sinking. Let us not forget the lists of things players have noted over the YEARS with little changes from INNO. They need to work better at keeping their player base happy, or people will leave, It's that simple.
Money can walk out a door or it can find its way into the cash register.
I for one, don't want to see any more dead cities around my city. I'm pretty sure two have quit since this event started.

qaccy

There has been more than a handful expressing themselves on this event. Yes, some have posted a lot more, but I think I addressed that above. If I treated my clients the way INNO is treating it's player base, I'd be out of business. There has only been Fairy Dust's response a little while ago, but where is INNO's response. Just a note would help to put the fire out. To stop the ship from sinking. Let us not forget the lists of things players have noted over the YEARS with little changes from INNO. They need to work better at keeping their player base happy, or people will leave, It's that simple.
Money can walk out a door or it can find its way into the cash register.
I for one, don't want to see any more dead cities around my city. I'm pretty sure two have quit since this event started.

I read this section and want to point something out, something obvious: Elvenar is still alive and well. All of the posts over the years talking about how Inno is killing the game or about people supposedly quitting, yet development is still continuing and the game is still regularly receiving updates. Doesn't sound like a dead or dying game to me. Either folks are lying about quitting or more new players are coming in than old ones leaving. Either way, I don't think Elvenar's going anywhere any time soon no matter how badly people seem to think things are going.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Again INNO, your player base is unhappy... unhappy players leave... they play something else. Sinking ship INNO... it's not getting better.

The problem with this is that no matter how valid the complaints us long-time players may make, our numbers are probably vastly outnumbered by newer players who probably only use the mobile app and do not know better. The last event and this event are creating a large divide between old players and new players. These new players will never know what the game was like before the randomized quest system and will look at it as the normal way events are done. If Inno loses a few thousand long-time browser players, but at the same time they are gaining 10 or 20 times that many players on mobile, the only thing about this shift in player base that will matter to them is whether all the new mobile players spend more money than the old browser players, and seeing as how mobile "free-to-play" games condition players to buy those micro-transactions and premium currency, I am not sure we stand much of a chance to keep the game the way it was.

Risen Malchiah

There has only been Fairy Dust's response a little while ago, but where is INNO's response. Just a note would help to put the fire out. To stop the ship from sinking.
Indeed. I posted before asking the mods to post something, anything as an update regarding all this but haven't seen anything. I know it's asking a lot, but we could use some more active mod feedback about now.

I can't post my support ticket experience or what was said, but I will say it had given me hope. That was over a week ago.
It's quite common in the game industry for owners and developers to ignore forums.
Yeah, some game developers are more involved than others in keeping a dialogue going with their player base. It is rare, but quite refreshing when it happens and usually leads to some amazing improvements in a game. Blizzard (the company behind Warcraft and Diablo) had a long stretch of ignoring their forums as well but recently changed that strategy with resounding success this past year. I'm not saying it needs to happen all the time, but when there's a huge backlash, some kind of response would go a long way to addressing player frustrations.

Last edited:

qaccy

I'm not saying it needs to happen all the time, but when there's a huge backlash, some kind of response would go a long way to addressing player frustrations.

Only if said response is what these frustrated players want to hear. Otherwise they may as well have said nothing at all, and they'll continue to be expected to say more until those frustrated players are satisfied.

DeletedUser4699

It's a post for feed back. Some folks get emotional, especial if money is involved and changes occur to a game they used to really enjoy. They are venting. Part of that is also showing players expressing WHAT is annoying them and what they think is wrong with the game now. Allowances need to be made for folks that are, frankly, pissed off.

No, no they don't. Giving a free pass to act out just because someone is "pissed off" is just not how it works. At least, not with adults.
And no, my post wasn't a post for everyone's feedback and venting and expressing what is annoying them and what is wrong with the game - unless you didn't read my post and just typed that stuff in with no bearing on topic cohesion and relevance to what you were quoting.

INNO is getting a clear picture of what they have created by seeing how their event is unfolding and moving forward. They can see those players are STILL experiencing troubles.

Well, things don't go well for them when they go changing things in the middle of an Event. People lost their minds last time they changed something in the middle of an Event. So you're putting them in a no-win situation by expecting something different. Give them a chance to possibly make improvements going forward. I realize the chances are slim, but it's the option we have.

I think it's also apparently necessary to bludgeon the living daylights out of INNO with this

So, if any of us were to say something like this to any of the other forum users, that would be highly inappropriate, wouldn't it? I get that you're just trying to use some colorful language and all, but if you're honestly wanting Inno to listen to what you're saying, that might not be the way to go.

--------------------

Ok, I think I am out of this thread now.. What was meant to be one post has been so misconstrued, misread, and blown out of proportion, it has turned into a giant pain in the neck. The juice here, it just isn't worth the squeeze. So I'm gonna take my grumpy old self and my grumpy old dog and we're gonna go take our grumpy old medication now.

The Unbeliever

Do you mean to suggest they actually think something through? Of course not! Not unless they are intentionally trying to torpedo us players. I am really feeling like the devs are giving the players the middle finger in so many ways now :mad: I'm under the impression that they couldn't care less since the new bunch at Inno seems to have taken over the game :(

Adding: This was yet another weekend of not being able to make progress because with repeated encounter & relic quests I was forced to wait until tournament comes again. I keep wondering why I'm even playing at this point. If they have decided that this is their approach to events, I'm not sure I even want to find out what a cluster the new chapter will be. Sad to say I'm looking for another game so I can just pop in and out of this one. They have sucked all of anything that was fun out of Elvenar :(
My quests today:
Gain 11 relics
Gain 11 relics
9 encounters or 45 tournament encounters
6x 9hr workshop productions
...at the rate I've been going the past 5 days, I won't even make a Lv.6 Brown Bear. :(:(:(
Oh well, the event yet again insterting it's foot up my backside at least allowed me some serious hooby time today to build some more Space Puppies.:p

I was honestly thinking initially about maybe spending some money on this event when I first saw the 3 bears, as I love the Brown Bear & the artwork of the Panda Bear, but well, feth you Inno...
Conveniently enough, there's a pile of new 40k books coming out, so at least I can have some fun with toy soldiers and making pew-pew noises.

Sucks to be you Inno, your event is a flaming pile of burning fecal matter, so Game Workshop gets my hobby money this month - AGAIN!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
My quests today:
Gain 11 relics
Gain 11 relics
9 encounters or 45 tournament encounters
6x 9hr workshop productions
...at the rate I've been going the past 5 days, I won't even make a Lv.6 Brown Bear. :(:(:(

You are not as far away as you think from maxing one bear. Looking at those quests, you are already past quest 90, so the requirements won't get any worse. I had enough keys after quest 117 to have 9 artifacts, and that was with not getting a lot of extra keys back from the orbs. Depending on your luck, maybe you need to make it to quest 120-125, but even if you only average completing 3 quests a day til the last day, you should still get that 9th artifact. :)

Tauriel Dragonwood

I’m so sick of receiving this random quest: Solve 5 Encounters or Solve 25 Tournament Encounters. Looks like I won’t be playing Elvenar for 2 ½ days because the scout won’t be back for 56 hours. Unless I head over to the tournament when it starts in a few hours.

How do you complete the quest for tournaments? I know you have to win 4 battles or negotiations for each province but does that count as 4 encounters? Or do you have to complete 2 or more pages of tournaments for this quest to be completed. If it’s the latter, I can’t do it. Too time consuming. If anyone knows the answer to my question, please let me know. Any advice is appreciated.

T6583

How do you complete the quest for tournaments? I know you have to win 4 battles or negotiations for each province but does that count as 4 encounters? Or do you have to complete 2 or more pages of tournaments for this quest to be completed. If it’s the latter, I can’t do it. Too time consuming. If anyone knows the answer to my question, please let me know. Any advice is appreciated.
Each encounter in a tourney province counts as 1 similar to complete encounters for a regualr providence. So in order to solve 25 tourney encounters you would need to complete 6 provinces plus 1 encounter in the 7th province.

Edited to add: I was a bit slow on my typing so as Ashrem said.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Since I've been delayed playing Elvenar because of the same random quests appearing, I'm only going to be able to put one bear in my city. I barely know which bear to place. Any recommendations which is the best bear?

T6583

Any recommendations which is the best bear?
Hmmm it really depends on your play style. I'm a pretty strong fighter and don't cater alot so the Brown Bear is best for me. I also don't have any issue completing tourney provinces to 6 stars most weeks so while the Polar Bear is nice I also don't need alot of what it offers and I'm currently swimming in Portal Profits while waiting for the next chapter to come out. So depending on how you do tourny, how much you fight, and how many stars you typically reach either of those 2 bears are good in my opinion. If you have issues getting goods or cater alot the Panda Bear might be a viable option for you as it can provide a fairly significant amount of goods especially its special ability activated but might require you to have alot a pet food. I do know a few people who are going after that bear though because it makes sense for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.