• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfSinger

I've used a large number of instants left over from the mermaids event and have added a number from this event and the spire. I also realize I have used between 60 and 100 CC spells with all the VV quests I have been getting. I do have a lvl 5 MA and typically have it making CC round the clock. I am down to 10 in my inventory and I started with 63 IIRC. So constant production - collecting only when I got the appropriate quest.

I'm a little more than a casual player in that I leave the game up whenever I'm on my computer - that way I can maintain 3hr production during the day - I'm lucky enough to be able to have internet access at work so can even check in on the game there (depending on how busy we are. I am 1 artifact away from having two fully graded bears - and after all the blasted encounter quests yesterday - I love my fully upgraded brown bear (along with the time instants I burned through)

BTW: Now that the spire is up - I would like to see ALL of the encounter quests include ALL three encounter types - Spire / Tourney / World Map - more options and hopefully less waiting considering the long scout times some of us have.

DeletedUser22879

This event is killing provinces. all of the repeated scouting, relics, encounters, I cannot tell you how many provinces I have scouted and completed. Not one quest to complete a province. Why not included this since we have to do all of that scouting anyway. I have tried to be active in the event but it has depleted my time instants, my combining catalysts, spell fragments, and ... as a result select types of relics. I strongly suggest that first, mix up the quests so that there are no back to back requirements and second, add different quests like completing provinces, more coins, and others you have had in past events. Spread out the requirements that attack provinces. We are told to not scout out to far then your even requires continuous scouting to keep up with the requirements. This event has also have an impact on warehouse production and on tourney because of waiting for quest to pop up to use those. It appeared to me that during tourney, your quests as set to either avoid the tourney benefits or hit us with repeated quests that eat up your tourney and you are forced to sit an wait (again, repeated quests for relics, encounters and spells). Very poorly designed this time guys.
I have to agree.. my games keep scrolling thru stack of units and relics...my scouting a province is well over 24 hours so am really getting nowhere. I thought the quests were going to be random but that it was a list. I don't think I have so far received even 50 % of the list...just same ones over and over. Very unhappy this time....

Tauriel Dragonwood

Playing games does keep our minds keen but we can’t neglect our body that needs to be active and lean.
Get up and explore the world because sitting in the same position, playing a game for hours,
will cause your bones to shrivel up like what happens when you neglect flowers.
I like learning something new. There are so many things I want to do:
read and write a book, clean cobwebs out of a nook or just learn to cook.​

Amanirenas

(I gotta say, it's really hard when you WANT an encounter or relics quest to appear back to back but you keep getting scout/vapor!)

Wish we could trade.:( 9 of my last 11 "random" quests have been for encounters or relics. Relics have been available for crafting exactly TWICE during this time. Am having the same luck with "random" as Mudmaiden (see above), and can't make troops/goods fast enough to get anywhere. Events used to be fun...but now, I suppose, only for those who have the $$ to spend.

That said, I appreciate your hard work, and thanks for posting your strategy! :)

Tauriel Dragonwood

I can absolutely, positively say after receiving numerous “Gain Relics” and “Solve Encounters” back to back, I have run out of goods to negotiate. Can’t fight because the provinces are Very Hard, enemies overwhelm my troops. I could spend diamonds to get the goods I need to complete the quests but I refuse because I think this is Inno’s way of forcing us to spend diamonds if you want to continue playing the event. I do spend diamonds but I'm going to stop after seeing what has happened in the events. If I can’t get the goods from my fellowship and neighbors to complete these quests, I’m through with this event.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Finally, after all those “Gain Relics” and “Solve Encounters” I was able to earn a land expansion. Now I have space for the Brown Bear. Okay, stand back everyone and keep quiet… I’m about to feed my bear. Uh oh, the sphere is rumbling! Something’s about to burst out. Ahh, I have a wee little bear.
How cute!!! Since the young grow up too fast, I think I’ll keep him little for a while.

With all the extra troops he’s scaring into joining my elven army, maybe I’ll be able to fight instead of negotiate my way through the Very Hard provinces.

DeletedUser3468

Back to talking about my tiny town in chapter 2 and how little progress I've made. I'd been avoiding checking GoK for a list of the possible quests I could be getting at the point in the Event my city is in but my curiosity won out. One of the lists of possible quests for where I am in my tiny town lists 15 different quests. Factor in the second possible quests list for that level and it's even more. (No I didn't bother to count the ones that weren't repetitions of the first list.) 15 possible quests... many of them ones that my tiny town could easily complete in hours, not days. I'd go so far as to say most of them ones I could complete in hours not days and yet I keep getting the same 2 quests over and over. Repetitions of produce a fair amount of planks and buy 10 KP. Neither of these sound like they should take days to complete IF you're decently advanced in the game. For a player who is just starting chapter 2 they become tasks that take days (each) to complete. For the first, build more factories and level them up as much as possible - yeah, did that ran into needing more population, more coin, more supplies, etc. and while they're leveling up, they aren't producing. Get stuck with the buy 10 kp 4 times in a row and watch as the cost of those kp soar to where it's taking a full days collection of coins (at the extra residences you've built and leveled up to get the population needed for the extra planks factories for the other repeating quest) to buy one stinkin' kp! Use MM spells on you planks factories? What MM spells? Level 2 doesn't have them yet! Only the few picked up from neighbor visits and - if you can manage to scrape together enough keys to open an event chest (sphere? cosmic capsule?) hope to win some.

This event, if other low level players are running in to the same setbacks I have in my tiny town, has been all but impossible for low level players to have a chance of evolving even one bear past level 4 or 5. (good thing they're cute when small) If I were an actual new player, experiencing this event as a first ever event for me as a player, I would not be sticking around. I would run, quickly, far away to another game that actually makes it possible for even new players to accomplish something worthwhile (like evolving one bear fully). Just my opinion though.

DeletedUser15975

I'm fed up with having to buy 15kp for the fourth time in nearly as many challenges. In a city that's level II, buying 15kp without spending a silly amount of money is near impossible with the low rate of gold production at this level. It just makes me frustrated and angry. This isn't fun anymore. Nice job INNO (note the sarcasm).

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
@Fairy Dust

The true nature of the problem is STILL not being grasped. You changed the event earlier; but too late. There are players who received the 3/5 toolbox quest 3 or more times in a row. Many of them have already quit the game, or vow to quit if you produce any more endless events. I find that quest particularly unfair when there is no way to know when it will come up. I think if that quest MUST be included in the mix then it ought to be any level workshop to complete, as it is too much of a hardship to leave 3 or 5 regular level workshops stuck permanently on a completed toolbox. Honestly this is the most ridiculous event yet, we are all afraid to harvest our workshops or tier 1 boosted.

You've removed from us the element of individuality by forcing us to fit in one mould. So you've removed the effectiveness of our individual approaches to solving the eternal conundrum of lack of space, whether it be event buildings, Ancient Wonders, or Magic Workshops. Of course it's hardly the first time you've ruined the effectiveness of buildings like Ancient Wonders, so great work reopening old wounds to fester once more! What trust do you expect us to have, or place in you at this point?

On a personal level, I've spent 3 years dispensing advice on Elvenar game play and you've now destroyed my role. That was very ill done. I've helped hold the line and keep chaos at bay, and make it possible for players who are waffling to stay in the game, and play longer, but no more.

City tetris: we all love it, its one of the core reasons many of us play. And we used to get to do that every 3 or 4 weeks, but no longer. Further, we were accustomed to waiting 3 or 4 months, but you yourselves have accelerated the pace of events, quite literally. So I really do think you've killed the goose that lays the golden eggs. First by slow poison and then by a gut punch.

Sorry folks I don't see a silver lining. The new Devs some of you were so eager to trial have changed the game beyond recognition. Perhaps I'll be around to make another thousand posts, perhaps not.

To the Elvenar players: thank you all. You yourselves have made the game worth playing, and I say it's been my honour to lead the way in many areas, and to game with those who also do the same in the other areas. I do still love you all, even the squeaky wheels. But I've no trust in the future of Elvenar.
Lel

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Not one quest to complete a province. Why not included this since we have to do all of that scouting anyway. I

I'm glad they didn't include that. It would have made things worse.
If you are using provinces just for encounters and relics you can do partial provs.
In fact, when the event started and I had several scouted provs ready, I would only do 7 encounters in a prov. That way, if I got a relics task I could do that 8th encounter and get 4 relics for it.
If they were making me complete provs, then those encounters tasks would be even worse than they are now.

ps
My event has been at a standstill since yesterday. I got "9 encounters or 45 tourny encounters" yesterday. And even though the tourny was still on, I'd had this task a couple times already and there was no way I could do 45 encounters again. And as far as regular encounters, I'm 3/4 of the way through one scout and then I'd need another three days for a second prov.
So I really wish this was a task that gave the spire encounter option.

They are if you keep spending diamonds on crafting resets!

Which would be lots of fun if you went through 5, 7, 12 resets in a row without pet food appearing.

GlamDoll

Which would be lots of fun if you went through 5, 7, 12 resets in a row without pet food appearing.

Good to know. Thank you. I haven't seen pet food in a minute. Almost forgot we could craft it :p

Edit: Trying to cater/neg with Inno, makes The higher level of The Spire look 'somehow' better @.@. I can't believe I edited this post to add this, nor can I believe what I just said....and, I'm gonna hit 'save changes' to boot.

So, after insult-to-injury, what follows? Apparently, I just became the 'poster-child' for it O.O.

I'd like to have the tables-turned, and ask Inno to neg. with us, like we are the 'spirits' on the final level of The Spire...

So much for dreamin'

Last edited:

Deleted User - 312108

In beta within the first I posted this. I am highlighting the part where I talked about different player types. I think what I said still holds true and would help set some expectations. I think even very casual players should be able to get a few evolutions and fortunately the bears at least are useful even at level 1 to many player types

The main issues I have
1) Arbitrary assignment of currency - Sorry, but quests that require more time, goods, etc should grant higher currency than quests that are relatively effortless.
2) Quest scaling - certain quests have a greater impact and cost both during the event and long term at various levels
In Chapter 6/7 yes, 7 encounters is relatively easy having it a multitude of times over the course of an event means that I may be overextended which escalates the costs of the current and future events. And quite simply 35 (9 tourney provinces) is not something that I can manage over and over again in one set at my current level. I know for end of chapter players it is inconsequential, however for lower levels it is an issue.
3) Certain quest types should be limited as they have longer impacts than simply the event - these include Scouting, Gain Relics, Gain CC, Complete Provinces, Solve Encounter, Gain Spell Fragment, Gain Vision Vapor. These are all high cost quests, some such as gain relics, scouting, complete provinces and solve encounters have impacts on the player longer term.
4) No way to skip a problematic quest - Some quests such as Gain CC, a player can run out of resources to effectively complete. Once this happens there is no way to progress and given the number of events that have required these types of events, many lower and mid level players are likely to run into this issue.
5) Narrow path of quest completion - I have no objection to the production quests, however, I would like to see changes implemented to BUY KP, Produce goods, Recruit troops. You have given us many wonderful event buildings such as Carting Libraries, Ancient Wonders, and others that produce goods, KP, and supplies, but if they do not count toward the supply, KP, gain good quests, you are eliminating one of the joys of having them.
6) Quest escalation - certain things like solve encounters and gain relics leap from 2 to 5 to 7 and this gets to be too much on an already high cost quest.

One of the other items that I think the developers need to address is their vision of events.
Quite simply - define a couple broad category of player types - very casual (a couple times a week), casual (twice a day), determined (several times a day, maybe using boosts or diamonds), and hard core (logged in a lot and purchases the building, using a lot of boosts, diamonds etc to accelerate play or has designed city to maximize event participation)
Combine the player type with where they are chapter-wise, low, mid, upper

My expectations is that a low very casual player might get 1-2 evolutions, a mid very casual would get 3-4, a high very casual 5-6. None of these would fully evolve a building.
A determined player at any level should at minimum completely evolve 1 building and be partway on a second.
A Hard Core player at Mid/Upper levels likely will have 2 buildings completely evolved and potentially the third.

Okay suggestions on how to address the issues:
1) Currency assignments - on the US forums I did a more in depth suggestion but the core breakdown is determine the relative effort and cost of a quest.
These break down into free/low/medium/high/very high - effort represents the time so something like give neighborly help is a free/free quest. Where as Gain CC is a High/Very High quest. Quests on the low end of the spectrum occur more frequently, but have a relatively low currency gain (10 or so depending), expensive quests such as complete province, complete 7 encounters, gain CC, gain vision vapor, gain relics, could be giving 50 or more currency. For workshop quests, 5 5 minute productions gives less at scale than 25 5 minute production. Each time tier and factory count increases the currency awarded so that players are not penalized as much by receiving a 9 hour or 24 hour quest in comparison to a player who has received a 3 hour or 1 hour quest. The intent behind this is to keep thing in scale toward a relative currency gain based on player type vs. luck based. Currently if a player is very lucky and gets 3 relatively easy quests they can amass currency very quickly - which is part of what we saw with the Mermaid event.

2) Quest Scaling - One of the reasons I emphasize this is certain quests have harsher impacts at various levels. For a low (1-5) chapter player, if all the provinces they have left are 'very hard' the costs of goods and troops to complete 7 encounters can be prohibitive especially if they recur too often. For upper tier players, the time it takes to scout means they have 3 days downtime in the event and increases the likelihood of non-participation. There is a certain amount of scaling with the gain supply/gold/good quests, but I would like to see some further customization. The quests that low, mid, and upper tier chapters receive may be different. Lower 1-5 may receive more gain good, chapters that have guest races could have produce a specific guest race good if it is unlocked, or T2 & T3 goods. This allows more variation.

3) Limits on certain quests - Some of the very high cost quests (such as any that require relics) can very adversely impact a player or completely block them. Gain CC, Gain Relic, VV, Spell Fragments, Solve Encounters, Buy KP & Scout Province should all be fairly limited on how often they can occur. Some of these are high cost due to requiring relics or limited resources to complete, Buy KP does not reset so has an ever increasing cost to the player to complete unless they spend diamonds which may ultimately be the intent, solve encounters & scout provinces has ramifications beyond the current event if they occur too frequently as previously stated. Implementing a counter on the more problematic quests so that they cannot occur more than once in every 20 or 50 quests would alleviate seeing these quests far too often.

4) Skipping quests - I know that it seems like this would make it far too easy, but there are ways to implement a skip such as a 12 hour cool down before a new event quest is given would alleviate the issue. There are certain times where a quest will completely block progress for various reasons and currently once a block is reached there is no in-game way of moving beyond it unless the player is able to find some way to complete the quest.

5) Narrow path of quest completion - this is inherent in the production quests, and there are a lot of those, that is why it is a relief to see more gain good quests. For gain good/gold/supply quests ensuring that event buildings that produce those qualify to complete the quest adds value to the quest. Quests like Spend KP are actually ideal as there are multiple avenues to do so whether it is research, investing in my own or another's AW, using an AW KP token. Spend KP is one that could have variance added for spend 3/5/7/10/15 KP rather than just 10. To me Buy KP highlights this issue, it is a high cost (either escalating goods or a diamond cost) quest that only has one avenue of completion (Scout province is the same). Changing Buy KP to gain KP opens it up for the player to determine how to meet the quest requirement vs. the developers and gives more shine to carting libraries and AWs that grant KP... OR the player waits until they gain KP through time which slows down their quest progress.

The flip side of this is multiple quests that basically require the same resource utilization (hence why I refer to them as costly). The quests Gain Relics, Solve Encounters basically use the same resource even if they use different terminology. Potentially relics can be crafted, however since there are gain vision vapor quests, most players are pre-producing buildings to meet the vision vapor requirement vs. crafting for relics to meet the gain relic quest, this is again why these quests should be limited in occurrence.

6) Quest Escalation - basically I have addressed this elsewhere in the definition of quests being costly. The Gain Relic and Solve encounter quests jumping from 2 to 5 to 7 means that they increase the costs and because they can theoretically occur every quest or every other quest these quests can quickly denude a player of goods and troops. My preference would be that any very high cost quest that requires encounters or relics in its production should have a very limited amount of occurrences in the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.