• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risen Malchiah

The new Devs some of you were so eager to trial have changed the game beyond recognition.
Are there new devs? Is all of this the result of some shift in role between devs? It sure feels like it to me but I was wondering perhaps you knew more.

I had heard Timon had changed roles in the company but that might not be true. Rumors have a tendency to outlive the truth.

Alistaire

Are there new devs? Is all of this the result of some shift in role between devs? It sure feels like it to me but I was wondering perhaps you knew more.

I had heard Timon had changed roles in the company but that might not be true. Rumors have a tendency to outlive the truth.
This came up in the main thread too, someone mentioned "new team" and I asked what this was about, but didn't get a response.

Tauriel Dragonwood

@Sheianna I know what you're going through. My new city is only up to Chapter 4 and already I'm out of coins and goods but still receiving "Scout provinces and "Gain Relics" over and over again. From what my World Map looks like, a lot of players are leaving the game. In their place on the map are coins. So I'm receiving many coins from those empty cities but I would rather be able to trade with those players if they had not left. It makes me sad. Elvenar has so much potential to improve but, in my opinion, Inno is getting very greedy. I could complete these quests if I spend diamonds but the amount of diamonds is ridiculous. I'm starting to think I should just avoid these events. They only make me unhappy and games are not supposed to do that.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Morning everyone. Quick question. I saw a strange symbol that looked like an Egyptian pyramid in the lower right corner of my city screen. When I clicked on it, it disappeared. Did I just activate something? Let me know if anyone else has seen this symbol. I'm a wee bit concerned.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Ah, seek and ye shall find. Found out others have experienced this Odd Icon appearing on the screen also. The questions and answer are below.
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/odd-icon.20163/

It is detailed in the Version 1.79 Release Notes:

"Improved the way the game displays when there is no connection with the game server. A new connection indicator icon will show up at the bottom right corner of the screen if the connection is unstable or interrupted momentarily."

chgobob33

I find myself starting to pull away from the game with this TERRIBLE EVENT. I could barely get myself to log on yesterday expecting more INSANE quests. Like others said there should not be 6 toolboxes EVER if it's random. Likewise the idiotic produce 67,000 marble unless it is a static quest list. It is just wrong to assume everyone will just "cheat" by using tons of instants for ASLL the nonsense quests. Your calculations require people completing 10-20 quests a day to evolve 1 or 2 bears. S basically it just who wants to WASTE a ton of instants constantl;y. Total GARBAGE event!!!

Black watch

I find myself starting to pull away from the game with this TERRIBLE EVENT. I could barely get myself to log on yesterday expecting more INSANE quests. Like others said there should not be 6 toolboxes EVER if it's random. Likewise the idiotic produce 67,000 marble unless it is a static quest list. It is just wrong to assume everyone will just "cheat" by using tons of instants for ASLL the nonsense quests. Your calculations require people completing 10-20 quests a day to evolve 1 or 2 bears. S basically it just who wants to WASTE a ton of instants constantl;y. Total GARBAGE event!!!

Well, I agree with you that there are major flaws in some parts of this event. It's been documented almost to death, the various and continuing frustrations players are having. But that said, it's not totally awful, just mostly... LOL
So total garbage, I can't really agree with you on that, I struggled and managed to get one brown placed at the cost of my city's over-scouting (which was already over the line).
Probably the one reason I'm swayed to thinking better of this event is the Brown bear at level 10 has transformed my fighting army to new realms with the liberal usage of time boosts and supply boosts. A one time usage has given me over 340 squads. I've detailed out my experience in the Brown Bear thread.
Yes, it's a one time type experience, but it's a hell of a one time. Events will have me looking for more time boosts in the future.
I also like the fact its only 3x3 and not the 4x4 that seems to be the norm for prizes lately.
If you can get it, it's good... the problem is, you have to experience this event in all its flaws and aggravation.

I'm sorry everyone has had to experience this... I am happy to see that INNO finally posted an update.

Well, now it's time to heal up my city and move forward again.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Sheianna I know what you're going through. My new city is only up to Chapter 4 and already I'm out of coins and goods but still receiving "Scout provinces and "Gain Relics" over and over again. From what my World Map looks like, a lot of players are leaving the game. In their place on the map are coins.

The only problem with that is those cities that disappeared and turned into coins had to be inactive for anywhere from a month to several months. Or the player let the game move their city to a different location on the server's map. Any cities that actually were deleted, stopped being played before this event even started, so this event is not to blame for them. Cities that belonged to more advanced players who quit will just sit on the map forever and never change again.

Deleted User - 3932582

This event just keeps on giving ;) Randomness horse has been beaten to death and then some, but here we go again. OK, so in my last 33 quests I had 6 workshop quests. So how do you think variety of different workshop options (of which we also incidentally have 6) looked like in those WS quests? Yep, 6/6 Advanced Tools. Not complaining about the quests themselves as these are relatively easy to do, but chances of that happening at random would be... very low ;) 5m/15min are less frequent, but the rest of the WS quests have been generally observed roughly with the same frequency.

Another point of comparison would be that I've got more 3h WS quests in the last 33 quests than I've got in the previous 160+...

shimmerfly

I've got more 3h WS quests in the last 33 quests than I've got in the previous 160+.
And I haven't had one 3 hr, that I recall anyway but I've been mesmerized by the 15 VV (etc) still.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

qaccy

Random's still random. Taking each different person into account, it's not just one specific type of quest that seems to be more common than others. Seems to be a pretty even distribution actually. That being said, getting the same quest back-to-back seems to be unusually common, but since I doubt Inno's giving every individual player different random generators for their quests, I think they're still pretty random overall.

Deleted User - 3932582

Random's still random. Taking each different person into account, it's not just one specific type of quest that seems to be more common than others. Seems to be a pretty even distribution actually. That being said, getting the same quest back-to-back seems to be unusually common, but since I doubt Inno's giving every individual player different random generators for their quests, I think they're still pretty random overall.
There is no need to guess, probability theory and statistics have specific definitions and tests for randomness. Let's just say that if 3h WS quest has about 20% probability among WS quests (looks pretty close based on aggregate frequencies), then probability of rolling it randomly 6 out of 6 in a row is about 0.0064%. I mean, I am sure I am special - just not that special ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.