• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 312108

@Risen Malchiah Yes, and that was one of the reasons beta folks had a lot of objections to the change. I did warn the fellowships I am in just for that reason and even the week or so was not really enough time to prep. It really is a huge change. The upside is there are far less productions required. I personally prefer the quests that can be completed in multiple ways such as produce a good, recruit troops and even the evil gain relic quest. I prefer gain relic over solve encounter (and it's or spire or tourney) as that leaves it up to me how I want to complete it whether by crafting, tourney or encounters etc. Spire comes in to play with spell fragments as that first level awards those generously and again leaves it up to me whether I want to do spire or disenchant something. Having a renewable quest board (and perhaps the currency awards per quest be scaled as previously stated toward quest difficulty vs. the current system) would very much open it up to players for how they want to do things. I mean, if you get 15 points for giving 5 NH and 15 points for 5 - 5 minute workshops and 30 points for 2 1 hour workshop etc; each player is free to manage the event however they want. I don't think I'd want it to work exactly like FA, because I do not like doing certain types (5 minute, 15 minute runs) but there could be certain gateways that need to be accomplished.

Hopefully many players will be able to have sufficient workshops and t1 boosted at a level to complete the event. These types of events always make me question what sort of internal testing IG does for Elvenar.

DeletedUser20951

Orcs players are in a decent position.
...Guess where I am and thus can't give much of any feedback that won't just serve to agitate those suffering a very rough go of it? Well, I did previously advocate for either a level based requirement on collections, or something similar, to balance event tempo and rid the offense of shanty towns from my eye, but since I don't believe in gloating (loudly, anyway), it's best that I bar my mouth on the matter altogether. XD

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Is that mix and match? Er..does that mean that collecting a quest requiring 10 of some such good could be completed collecting 5 from one manufactory, 3 from another, and 2 from another? That would make it a lot nicer on pure battlers, not that I'm one, just that it seems less hurtful for those who are.
I have no particular feelings about that. It's not like Inno is going to pay attention. It just seemed a simple "or" to throw in the make the quest work.

DeletedUser19458

I just got "Produce a fair amount of steel" ... This is going to take me 3x9hr collections or 5-6 3hr collections to get the amount.

So why not just kill ALL the timed quests and replace them with variations of that? (e.g. Produce, trade, Buy @ wholesaler). Then we can do whatever we want with factories at whatever level we want. Shanty towns would be gone and everyone happy. Ya?

Pheryll

Set Designer
I just got "Produce a fair amount of steel" ... This is going to take me 3x9hr collections or 5-6 3hr collections to get the amount.

So why not just kill ALL the timed quests and replace them with variations of that? (e.g. Produce, trade, Buy @ wholesaler). Then we can do whatever we want with factories at whatever level we want. Shanty towns would be gone and everyone happy. Ya?

Because event buildings, like the mermaids paradise, can produce these goods as well. They wanted to include event buildings into the production amount quests, but exclude them from the number of specific production quests.

DeletedUser21745

I do not like the new task format for the Autumn Zodiac event.

I have prepared some work shops and some tier 1 boosted manufactories ahead of time but I have run out of population and time to upgrade enough buildings to effectively do this event.

With limited resources this event is running slow and tedious. I might as well not even bother with the event. I am not enjoying it.

Previously when I did an event I enjoyed planning it out and filling all of my empty space with level 1 buildings. I would create a road-map of tasks and plan everything out ahead of time.
Seems Inno is fighting against this both with "random" tasks and requiring higher building levels. They might say that they needed a way to extend the event instead of it just ending it but they could have easily done that by repeating the last set of tasks over and over again.

This new format locks up my workshops where they are now dedicated to the event and I can't proceed with my normal City development.
This change really sucks. I am not happy with it

DeletedUser1016

Anyone else is excited about anything in the dailies so far?
Nope - nothing worth going for yet and Gems of Knowledge has already listed 15 of them, which is more then 1/2!!!

This event is Meh....with the new format it's going go be a long slog since most of, if not all, the strategy [even the simplest] has been removed. Planning ahead won't really help since there's these ADDITIONAL, unavoidable time-road-blocks due to the limit of WS & Tier-1 buildings allowed. There's always been these time-road-blocks [VV, CC, Scout, Toolboxes, etc] now they've just added more, adding to the frustration. Normally I do a lot of planning for these event, this time not so much...

Since I don't need the space for tier-1 farms, I've filled my city with all my previous winnings and placed 16 wishing wells, tons of ferris wheels, etc....certainly not worth keeping the space available for the next chapter!!!

Risen Malchiah

I'm also discovering a use for buildings I didn't need before. For many reasons, I prefer Prosperity Towers over Excavation. Well, now I see a use for Excavation for the extra relics. I'll probably just dismantle it afterwards and rebuild it for the next event, but anything that helps with relics is useful. (Can't really count on visit chests. They always give ya what you *dont* need.)

The Unbeliever

They never stated that they intended to implement chapter -3 to goods factories.
They haven't even implemented the -1 chapter though...

They programmed it for Workshops that you would 'skip' any chapter that simply didn't contain a researchable upgrade.
Hence, for an O&G city, you can use;
- Ch.8 O&G (current chapter)
- Ch.7 Fairies (current chapter -1)
- Ch.6 Dwarves (current chapter -2)
- Ch.5 No research available
- Ch.4 Superior (current chapter -3)

But with the goods buildings on the other hand it's;
- Ch.6-8 (dwarven factories = current as no research in Ch's 7 or 8)
- Ch.5 No research available)
- Ch.4 Superior factories (should count as the 'current chapter -1' but doesn't?! WTH?)

Even worse with this clusterfeth, say for the poor sod in WE's, if/when they research the Ch.9 upgrade, they're screwed until they upgrade to Lv.19 factories, since their Lv.16-18 dwarven ones will get dinged out by the fact that there's no available research in Fairies or Orks!lol.

Gak move by Inno.

Alistaire

Because event buildings, like the mermaids paradise, can produce these goods as well. They wanted to include event buildings into the production amount quests, but exclude them from the number of specific production quests.
But then we're back to punishing people for previous events.

Came here to say this exact same thing (not your comment, the one you're replying to): Inno you had a much more reasonable solution all along, even in this event! Then if you had things a few more chapters behind you were still behind but not flat out incompatible with the event. This is a much more fair solution.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
They haven't even implemented the -1 chapter though...

They programmed it for Workshops that you would 'skip' any chapter that simply didn't contain a researchable upgrade.
Hence, for an O&G city, you can use;
- Ch.8 O&G (current chapter)
- Ch.7 Fairies (current chapter -1)
- Ch.6 Dwarves (current chapter -2)
- Ch.5 No research available
- Ch.4 Superior (current chapter -3)

But with the goods buildings on the other hand it's;
- Ch.6-8 (dwarven factories = current as no research in Ch's 7 or 8)
- Ch.5 No research available)
- Ch.4 Superior factories (should count as the 'current chapter -1' but doesn't?! WTH?)

Even worse with this clusterfeth, say for the poor sod in WE's, if/when they research the Ch.9 upgrade, they're screwed until they upgrade to Lv.19 factories, since their Lv.16-18 dwarven ones will get dinged out by the fact that there's no available research in Fairies or Orks!lol.

Gak move by Inno.

Sure, they implemented the -1 chapter in their own warped way. I am in chapter 14, so no tier 1 research. The -1 moves me back to chapter 13, but still no tier 1 research. Then the -1 moves me back one more chapter to chapter 12 where I have tier 1 research and my requirement of at least level 24 factories.

Alistaire

Sure, they implemented the -1 chapter in their own warped way. I am in chapter 14, so no tier 1 research. The -1 moves me back to chapter 13, but still no tier 1 research. Then the -1 moves me back one more chapter to chapter 12 where I have tier 1 research and my requirement of at least level 24 factories.
Another reason this "produce x goods" not counting trades etc would be a better solution: then players will be less confused and less reliant on spreadsheets in order to navigate this event.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

Pheryll, no, these quests say Produce, not Collect or Gain or any other non-Production word they use. So you have to produce these goods in your factories to complete the quests. I am on my version of that one and trades do not work for it. So now I am doing a second run of 3-hour productions with MM enchantments to get past it. Can anyone show that goods from anywhere other than a factory counts for these?

Oh, and my "Fair amount" of marble for a chapter 14 city is 23k. This amount is what I would expect from a "great amount" quest, so now I do not even want to see how much those will be when I get there.

DeletedUser4194

When looking at the lists of quests, I am just happy they heard us about that Complete 2 Provinces quest. Sure, it was easy early on, but after running out of already scouted provinces, that one quest became like a double quest, because those of us with long scout times had to figure out the days and days needed to scout two provinces before we could even complete them. Just with that issue no longer in there, I would be really surprised if a lot of endgame players do not have two fully evolved bears by the end of the event, and one for sure for most players, even with the poorly though out factory requirements.

So @Fairy Dust and Inno, here is some feedback for you on that. Rather than this awkward system that penalizes players who are in certain chapters, instead make it simpler. Instead of current OR previous chapter, change it to current AND previous research level. For example, a player in chapter 12, 13 or 14 has a current research level of chapter 12 for tier 1 factories and their previous research level would be chapter 9, giving them the option to use any factory from level 20-27, instead of the current more restrictive level 24-27 that chapter 13 and 14 players are stuck with. And someone in chapters 9-11 could use level 16-23 from the research in chapter 9 and the chapter 6 research, rather than the chapter 10 and 11 players being restricted to just level 20-23. And down the line for the rest of the chapters.

Indeed that is the way it should work. Let’s say a player who is Elves has T1 boosted planks and is in Elementals (chapter 12) and the quest asks for Wooden Chests (9 hour productions):

• Current chapter: Elves chapter 12 (Elementals) for T1 boosted planks offers an upgrade → levels 24 through 27.
  • Previous chapter: there is no T1 boosted planks upgrade in the previous chapter (11 Halflings), so the levels in this chapter are the same ones that were available in the chapter before it (Woodelves) https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Planks_Manufactory.
  • The “previous chapter” for the T1 boosted planks will then be chapter 9 (Woodelves) → levels 20 through 23.
  • The lowest level should qualify. So in our example, level 20 T1 plank manufactory should qualify to satisfy the quest.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Pheryll, no, these quests say Produce, not Collect or Gain or any other non-Production word they use. So you have to produce these goods in your factories to complete the quests. I am on my version of that one and trades do not work for it. So now I am doing a second run of 3-hour productions with MM enchantments to get past it.

Marindor clarified on Beta that event building production counted. Trades do not count.

EDIT: I misidentified the moderator. It was Kersepitje and his post below begins referencing the panda feed ability.

im sorry but this is indeed not a bug. Only things you produce count (so factories and some event buildings) but nothing else.

if the panda would produce tier 1 in his 48 production cycle, then this would count

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Indeed that is the way it should work. Let’s say a player who is Elves has T1 boosted planks and is in Elementals (chapter 12) and the quest asks for Wooden Chests (9 hour productions):

• Current chapter: Elves chapter 12 (Elementals) for T1 boosted planks offers an upgrade → levels 24 through 27.
  • Previous chapter: there is no T1 boosted planks upgrade in the previous chapter (11 Halflings), so the levels in this chapter are the same ones that were available in the chapter before it (Woodelves) https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Planks_Manufactory.
  • The “previous chapter” for the T1 boosted planks will then be chapter 9 (Woodelves) → levels 20 through 23.
  • The lowest level should qualify. So in our example, level 20 T1 plank manufactory should qualify to satisfy the quest.

Yes, it works that way, but only for certain chapters. It only does that if you are in a chapter that has new tier 1 goods research, such as chapters 6, 9, and 12. Someone in those chapters gets a larger range of factory level to choose from than a player in a chapter that does not include any research. So while that chapter 12 player can use a factory anywhere from level 20-27 for the quests, someone in chapter 13 or 14 can only use factories from level 24-27. And that is an unfair way to set this up. It they want to stick to the chapter minus model, the manufactories need to be chapter -3, just like the workshops. If it were done that way, then my chapter 14 city would have the same level choices as a player in chapter 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.