• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser19723

Forgive me if this has been brought up already because I did not read all 12 pages of this thread.

I feel that there needs to be some sort of probability adjustment applied to certain quests. I have gotten the scout/research/15 vapor quest four times in the last few hours. This is incredibly taxing and could easily cause the average player to fall incredibly short of their goals for the event. There have always been some quests that are harder than others, but because you could plan ahead it was manageable and Inno seemed to understand that they should not place these difficult quests several in a row or with too much frequency. The last event we couldn't plan so much but there were more workshop and manufactory quests that we could prepare for with a lot of level 1 buildings. Now with the combination of random quests and less production quests, it leaves the chances of getting those very difficult quests too high. My sister said she is having the same problem in her cities. Maybe we are both just unlucky? Or maybe there really is some adjustment that needs to happen to make this event enjoyable and playable.

I've gotten "scout 1 province or research 1 technology or gain 15 vision vapor" FIVE TIMES just today. With 1 other quest in between each. Grrrrrr... I'm out of time instants and research.

I'm with you both on this! I've actually never complained about any part of an event since I began playing. Honestly, I've never posted a negative comment about anything until now. I usually just do my best, and move on. Well, I'm complaining now. I got the scout/research/15 vision vapor quest for the 3rd time in 4 quests just now. I don't like the endless random quests. And I really don't like this one. 3 times in 4 quests is ridiculous. Scouting takes a long time. Research takes a long time. Spending CCs to get 15 VVs is costly and also you are at the whim of what is available to craft. I'm disheartened. Much as I like the bears, I think I'm done with these events until Inno makes them fun again. :(

qaccy

@ElegantZara Perhaps asking for your thoughts on the matter was a mistake on my part, since you seem to have taken offense to it. I want to make it clear that I'm not a huge fan of how this event is playing out either, and I've said as much in my own feedback both here and on beta. However, I'm not one to fly off the handle too often; it happens sometimes, but I try to be constructive instead because that tends to be more helpful than, say...using a bunch of capital letters and exclamation points while cursing out the developers.

To me, it's actually confusing to see someone who's complained both about receiving the same annoying quest repeatedly, and about receiving a list of 8 mostly different quests in a row that were (seemingly) easily/quickly completed. If you were a developer and saw feedback that basically added up to 'I hate this no matter what', how exactly would you work with that?

GlamDoll

since you seem to have taken offense to it.

No, I did not take offense AS much as I called you out on it, but...I don't feel like splitting-hairs on it...unless, you, are just not going to let it be.

I want to make it clear that I'm not a huge fan of how this event is playing out either, and I've said as much in my own feedback both here and on beta.

Something WE both agree on.

However, I'm not one to fly off the handle too often; it happens sometimes, but I try to be constructive instead because that tends to be more helpful than, say...using a bunch of capital letters and exclamation points while cursing out the developers.

First off, this IS a feedback thread.....SO, nobody is "technically" complaining here...get it, yet? INNO ASKED for this. Right? Right?

Anyway, back on track...if you have issue(s) with someone else's post, why the fudge!!?? Are you asking me about it?

Edit : As for this question of yours.... "If you were a developer and saw feedback that basically added up to 'I hate this no matter what', how exactly would you work with that?"

Well, I am not, so my opinion is just that, an opinion. Seeing that you asked me though, IDK, I would go back to how it's been, for starters.

Then, if I am just bent on the game going this route, I would, at the very least, try to give some kind of illusion, that there is a general consensus, of "fun", still to be had....

Provided, of course, that I am a developer, that wants my gamers at least content & or happy.

Last edited:

Alistaire

There are no Spire-only tasks. They are Spire encounters OR normal encounters. You need to make sure they understand that.
Those quests however, might as well be spire-only, when the next scout is 80 hours and won't reasonably be done before Spire is back up.

And let me be clear here, difficulty in events is fine; the complaints here are about the variation in difficulty player to player. It's one thing to get something you need to wait 3 days for. It's another to do that while watching the rest of your fs/friends/forum people etc get things they don't.

qaccy

@ElegantZara I did ask, but you didn't have to answer. I was aware that you aren't the one who made the post, as I said when I initially asked you if you had any thoughts to share. I figured that'd be fair game since you called out my post by simply laughing at it, as if it was crazy for me to ask them to elaborate. But there's no reason to act as if I'm forcing you to reply on their behalf; you could have simply brushed off me asking you from the start. This is all getting personal and off-topic though, so before it gets even worse I'm going to just sit back and see if they ever come back with a reply.

GlamDoll

@ElegantZara I did ask, but you didn't have to answer. I was aware that you aren't the one who made the post, as I said when I initially asked you if you had any thoughts to share. I figured that'd be fair game since you called out my post by simply laughing at it, as if it was crazy for me to ask them to elaborate. But there's no reason to act as if I'm forcing you to reply on their behalf; you could have simply brushed off me asking you from the start. This is all getting personal and off-topic though, so before it gets even worse I'm going to just sit back and see if they ever come back with a reply.

Sigh....

DeletedUser19877

Too busy to read all 22 pages. but simply put: ignoring pros and cons of level requirements/etc, the randomness of quests arriving makes this an absolute nightmare that not ONE person in my city is enjoying. To have efforts blocked by a roll of the dice (those of us that can even plan enough tech/scouts to make a dice roll), is ridiculous, at best.

Risen Malchiah

On a positive note, the 3 evolving buildings have some fantastic artwork. :)

And while my heart is set on evolving the Brown Bear, the Polar Bear is probably the most useful for anyone with a busy schedule even if you never evolve it! The Polar Bear brings the cooldown between tourney rounds from 16 hours down to 14:24 hrs. (Edit: And that's just for level 1.)

Of course... I'll still attempt to get enough artifacts to evolve both the Brown & Polar bears to max if the quests are kind to me. The Panda not so much.

Last edited:

DeletedUser20951

On a positive note, the 3 evolving buildings have some fantastic artwork.
I think the design is fricking lovely, especially the daises for the bears. Just seems to mesh real well, at least to my eyes. I'll be going for evolving the Polar Bear, and, for once, the one I like the look of the best will match up with the most personally useful... Finally will have something to feed, too. Yay! (or is that a , "KHHHAAANNN!!!" moment?)

DeletedUser8192

Man oh man this sucks...

Repeated quests that take forever such as vapo/solve etc..2 quest in I get hit with 9 hour supplies so now stuck there...Now I was able to use my small workshops once and suddenly I am hit with workshops that have to be within my level *Um okay, well according to your sheet that means I have to be in the high 20's and that I have to have multiple ones because I keep getting toolboxes
*which I cooked in smaller ones but they were useless thanks for that INNO*

This has noting to do with a fair and balanced game..How in the world does it make it more fair to start demanding people who are high level and probably;y don't have real estate to spare, suddenly spend many days building high level just to complete a round.

Oh wait that's right...Cash, cash, cash or wait around a week until you have upgraded enough buildings to then sit around and wait for the stuff to cook..THis crud blows man, as someone who BETA's on a couple extremely popular games in the past, the money hustle INNO is constantly doing, mixed with the total lack of support from tech even when you can clearly show them screenshots of the game screwing up and costing your revenue bt they still won't help the players, makes this just lame lame lame..

So, I don't get to play anymore because I don't have the space top put up 3 huge workshops *that's why I tore 5 of them down in the past* so whatever...lme lame lame and I am feeling pretty cruddy today, been on bed rest and have Sedated procedures to do tomorrow so not being able to chill here makes it even more lame, lame, lame...
30% less chance of getting hit with the building event they try to say, yet here I am unable to play...PFFFFFTT :mad::confused:

I could keep going on but I will spare everyone's eyeballs...Hope all ave been well, sorry for the abscence I was nearly killed by bad workers at our complex.

goodnight all

DeletedUser8192

I think the design is fricking lovely, especially the daises for the bears. Just seems to mesh real well, at least to my eyes. I'll be going for evolving the Polar Bear, and, for once, the one I like the look of the best will match up with the most personally useful... Finally will have something to feed, too. Yay! (or is that a , "KHHHAAANNN!!!" moment?)

I will pretend I am hunting when I push the disenchant button on this worthless junk, at least I can pretend I have a new rug for my floor..

kctanzen

I will pretend I am hunting when I push the disenchant button on this worthless junk, at least I can pretend I have a new rug for my floor..

You probably *don't* want to disenchant the evolving buildings -- because if the same pattern holds, they will become part of the possible crafting recipe list -- unless you have one in your city or inventory.

Keeping it in the summons warehouse means it stays out of the potential crafting list, every small advantage helps when trying to get something you really want!!

Shyama1

@Ælfwine

Dear INNO, Dear Communit Manager,

After reading the Autumn Zodiak Event description, I was really happy. Finally an event where we can do everything on our production buildings without the need to disfigure our nice cities with plenty of ridiculous lvl 1 buildings. This, combined with the endless questsline, was the perfect combination to me.

Then the next day the event went live, I heard changes were made, I went to the Forum to check, and I was just chocked to see that INNO cut by more than half the number of keys given by quests !?!?!?!
From 188 to 80 ???? Why ?

After some reading, it appears that the reason for this is the complaints of a few lazy casual players who neglected to upgrade their factories and workshops.

INNO's answer was to reduce by 30% Workshops quests (which IMO won't change much for the whiners because they'll still have to do the 70% remaining, and also because those quests removed leave room for more "15 feathers" and "45 tourney encounters" quests, which are not necessarily easier for them).

Now the event has been tested for a week on beta server, and none of the alleged problems was reported there. As everything was going fine on beta, the event went live, and there because of those complaints of a few casual players INNO made those drastic changes, this was really wrong !

What about all the players like me that were happy with the event as it was at launch ? Of course you didn't hear from us so far, just because everything was perfect for us, and we rather spend our time ingame than collecting post count and likes on the forum.

I asked to my FS members, then I asked all my IG friends, and a high majority replied they highly dislike this change, as well as they disagree with INNO changing the rules after the Event went live.

If INNO felt a change was necessary, the least they should have done was a poll with ingame notices to see if really the majority was willing these changes.

But INNO went ahead, ignoring the majority of players, and made a favor for the few whiners. But we all know INNO hates doing such favors, and they always come with retalation. In our case, it consist in cuting by more than half the numbers of keys we get from quests.

188 down to 80. MORE THAN HALF !!!!

As a result, we will get only get 42.5% of the keys we would have got without this unwanted change !!! This means, without buying additional keys, we will be able to fully evolve only one Bear, instead of the two we could have fully elvolve without this drastic nerf on quests rewards.

For all these resaons, me and all the true and dedicated players are requesting INNO
to revert the changes, and set the Event back as it was at launch,
with a retroactive effect on quests capped at 80 already completed

Shyama1, Elvenar Addicted

Shyama1

@Shyama1, wow. I agree with the key slashing not being the right move, but was it completely necessary to insult, repeatedly, all casual players and forum users? This calls for a stern head-shaking, it does. *shakes head sternly* Not cool, man, not cool.

Would you be kind enough to quote these insults ?
Because after reading again my post, I can't find them.... Thanks
Unless you consider the terms "Casual Player" and "Forum Addict" insults by themself ? Which would be wrong.

Alistaire

@Shyama1, wow. I agree with the key slashing not being the right move, but was it completely necessary to insult, repeatedly, all casual players and forum users? This calls for a stern head-shaking, it does. *shakes head sternly* Not cool, man, not cool.
Not only insult, but to be wrong about it. Insulting is one thing but to insult AND be wrong about it is just facepalm-inducing. There's nothing lazy about not running workshops; if anything it's the opposite. Playing without those is harder work.

I also agree the key nerf needed to be addressed immediately. It sucks it wasn't, though it still could be. In theory they could even adjust it after the event since we know a lot of stuff we don't see is still tracked.

DeletedUser20951

a few lazy casual players

which IMO won't change much for the whiners because they'll still have to do the 70% remaining

because of those complaints of a few casual players INNO made those drastic changes, this was really wrong

we rather spend our time ingame than collecting post count and likes on the forum

made a favor for the few whiners

me and all the true and dedicated players
There ya go. Calling casual players lazy whiners that aren't true and dedicated, while forum users are merely chasing likes and racking up posts. There is no moral superiority to be found, playing a game, whether you are tending to a virtual city or participating in a forum.

Sue-Lynn

@Ælfwine

After reading the Autumn Zodiak Event description, I was really happy. Finally an event where we can do everything on our production buildings without the need to disfigure our nice cities with plenty of ridiculous lvl 1 buildings. This, combined with the endless questsline, was the perfect combination to me.

Then the next day the event went live, I heard changes were made, I went to the Forum to check, and I was just chocked to see that INNO cut by more than half the number of keys given by quests !?!?!?!

After some reading, it appears that the reason for this is the complaints of a few lazy casual players who neglected to upgrade their factories and workshops.

INNO's answer was to reduce by 30% Workshops quests (which IMO won't change much for the whiners because they'll still have to do the 70% remaining, and also because those quests removed leave room for more "15 feathers" and "45 tourney encounters" quests, which are not necessarily easier for them).

Now the event has been tested for a week on beta server, and none of the alleged problems was reported there. As everything was going fine on beta, the event went live, and there because of those complaints of a few casual players INNO made those drastic changes, this was really wrong !

What about all the players like me that were happy with the event as it was at launch ? Of course you didn't hear from us so far, just because everything was perfect for us, and we rather spend our time ingame than collecting post count and likes on the forum.

I asked to my FS members, then I asked all my IG friends, and a high majority replied they highly dislike this change, as well as they disagree with INNO changing the rules after the Event went live.

If INNO felt a change was necessary, the least they should have done was a poll with ingame notices to see if really the majority was willing these changes.

But INNO went ahead, ignoring the majority of players, and made a favor for the few whiners. But we all know INNO hates doing such favors, and they always come with retalation. In our case, it consist in cuting by more than half the numbers of keys we get from quests.

As a result, we will get only get 42.5% of the keys we would have got without this unwanted change !!! This means, without buying additional keys, we will be able to fully evolve only one Bear, instead of the two we could have fully elvolve without this drastic nerf on quests rewards.

For all these resaons, me and all the true and dedicated players are requesting INNO

Shyama1

...There's nothing lazy about not running workshops; if anything it's the opposite. Playing without those is harder work.
I have no doubt about this ! To me Workshops are parts of mandatory buildings. I have 10 Magical Workshops and 450~500 Culture Bonus, and I still need sometimes to cast Power of Provision on a few of them to get enough supplies for my needs (mostly troops training).

I also agree the key nerf needed to be addressed immediately. It sucks it wasn't, though it still could be. In theory they could even adjust it after the event since we know a lot of stuff we don't see is still tracked.
Thanks for your support, much appreciated, sincerely :)

There ya go. Calling casual players lazy whiners that aren't true and dedicated, while forum users are merely chasing likes and racking up posts. There is no moral superiority to be found, playing a game, whether you are tending to a virtual city or participating in a forum.

These are just facts, not insults. I respect any gaming style and I don't feel superior to casual players or forum addicts in any way. I just called things by their names. Everyone's freedom ends where others's starts.

My only reproach goes to INNO who applied an emergency and unfair fix based on the complaints of a minority of players without even consulting the majority of the players that were happy with the event. Especially when the problems reported by those players didn't show up during the one week of test on Beta server.

If some players felt insulted by my post, I am really sorry about it, that was really not my intention. Please accept my sincere apologies where appropriate.
Also, English is not my mother's language, and my poor english can lead to some missunderstandings, sorry for that too. Just take everything I say at the 1st degree, there is nothing to read between the lines, neither hidden intentions or thoughts... thanks for your understanding. Peace.

Now please let's close that part of the discussion and go back on topic:

@Ælfwine : WE WANT OUR 188 KEYS PER QUEST BACK !
The emeregency fix you applied next day the Event went live is not appropriate and just not acceptable

Many of my ingame friends who fully agree with me said they will come to the Forum to support me. I just hope they will really do it, because I know most of them never posted so far.

Shyama1

Last edited:

Sue-Lynn

@Ælfwine

Shyama1, I couldn't agree more! I have been playing non-stop for a few years now and the amount of work it takes to earn prizes is intense. To move the goal post at the last minute and lessen the reward system is highly unfair. I also would have liked to level up more than one bear and don't like obstacles to doing so. The previous event was satisfying in that we could play to our heart's content and get the main prize leveled up all the way, but who wants more than one of the same Mermaid building? I would rather have the opportunity of getting more artifacts to level the other Phoenix bird and now, level two different bears. It's frustrating not to be able to do so. The other VERY annoying feature is having back-to-back long quests like scouting or finding relics when our scouting time is over 50 hours! That does not make the game satisfying or fair. I am glad there are no more 2-day workshop runs because it's VERY frustrating to stall the game for that long.

While I am having my rant, let me also say that reaching the top of the Spire was a huge anticlimax. All I had to show for it was decimated troops and goods storage that almost had my cupboard bare! Really, Inno, let us all WIN. I have too many cities and this becomes a HUGE time-waster. Oh, and one last thing: When crafting in the Magic Academy... at least let us have enough options to get higher score vapors, instead of: 1, 2, 1, 4, etc. To finally find 15 vapors takes way too long when there are not enough options with a reasonable number of vapors available to finish the quest in two or three turns maximum!! Thanks for bringing up the rationing of the keys, Shyama1. I agree 100%. Come on, INNO, be more generous, please. You end up with MUCH more satisfied players.

Status
Not open for further replies.