• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

T6583

"No, no, no, say nothing because by saying nothing you are saying everything.
The anger is coming from Inno refusing to allow abuse and players are upset that they can no longer abuse the system. If you want to blame anyone then blame the players that keep abusing systems.

I'm sorry but where when a game offers 3 bears can you think it is right to try and get 10. That's like me realising there is as fault with a bank cash machine and going back 10 times to get more than I have in the account.
Just be grateful it took awhile for the company to know what was happening.
EVERY game has to have limitations. Whatever you want to call the game system.
Very sad puppy but I also on my phone play Toon Blast and have 5 lives but if I go through them all I am asked to pay for more. That's what companies do, so where is this any different. you want 10 bears then pay for it because the other 9 do not come free.

Oh Scooby take a Scooby snack and chill out for goodness sake, and you baggages I still love you all :p"
First off if a game offers 3 bears than it should be fairly reasonable for most people to assume that in an endless quest event that it should be possible to evolve all 3 bears since there doesn't appear to be a fixed limit of bear artifacts. Yes I'm aware of the disclaimer that it will be difficult to evolve more than one bear fully. But it seems as if that disclaimer was just a copy paste from the phoenix event in which there was more or less a fixed number of artifacts that could be won by the typical average player based on the finite number of quests. If you wanted more you spent money for it (no issue for that). I'm also not aware of anyone who would want 10 bears. With the petfood the way it is and the need to feed them unless they weren't planning on using the special abilities (yes I know some of them are still quite powerful) they wouldn't be able to feed them everyday.
Secondly unless someone is hacking the system or developed some sort of cheat code than using the tools already in place in the game is not cheating. Yes I'm aware that Marindor did clarify that using time instants and building lvl 1 buildings wasn't cheating and was a valid strategy as well as tried to explain why some of the changes occured (and even addmited some of the issues), the fact that no real appology was given for a particular mod's comments like this does still irk me as does the silience on the shear number of complaints. The fact that numerous people made forum accounts to give feedback should clearly indicate how bad things are. Also in reference to the fact that in Beta it was pointed out that they were trying new things to improve things with events goes I have one thing to say: That is what testing is for in house and with Beta. In all honestly this event should have never gone live just with the Beta comments until those major issues were addressed.

WolfSinger

Adding: Insinuating players who play the game as designed by the developers are thieves is the stupidest and most insulting insinuation I have ever heard coming from a mod! IT IS ILLEGAL, BESIDES DISHONEST, TO TAKE EXTRA $$ FROM A BROKEN ATM. That is out & out theft in the eyes of the Law. Paying customers who purchased so much in game currency to gain multiples of event prizes are the EXACT OPPOSITE! I have spent an insane amount of real $$ in this game (literally thousands over the years) for the purpose of purchasing advantages like time, space, EVENT PRIZES, etc. Thank you so much for making it crystal clear what you think of those of us who have supported this game :mad::mad::mad:

Well - this guarantees that my paypal button is now officially broken. I'm sure I'm in the 4 digit range as far as money spent over the years I've played and it will now STOP. I will give it to the next event to see if they fix this mess if it is not, I'll find somewhere else to spend that part of my entertainment money. I'm going to keep playing at least until the next event - and if it's not improved - I'm gone.

Jim Baen fonder of Baen Books once made the statement that he was competing for the customers beer money. That's the attitude the devs should be taking with events - you're competing for my 'beer' money. Money that is designated to be used for something that brings me enjoyment - that I know has a short term fulfillment window, but I enjoy it anyway. By competing for and winning my 'beer' money what you are getting is frequent small purchases that add up to significant amounts in the long term for you but seem trivial to me at the time I spend the money.

Having a couple of whales who spend $100-200 during an event will get you less money than having 50 players who spent 10-25 dollars a month on the game in general.

Quit getting greedy and trying to grab as much at one time as you can and realize that steady income from many players (even if at small levels from each) gives you a better return than the occasional large purchase from a few.

Of course if you do it right - you get the frequent small purchases from many as well as the infrequent large purchases - the best of both worlds.

In regards to the statement by the mod on Beta - I see that another Mod kinda apologized - that's not enough for a moderator who is seen as a representative of the company to come out and call the players thieves in a forum that can be publicly accessed requires and official and formal apology from the game's CEO - not another mod - not the dev team - but from the higher ups - the people who actually own and manage the company.

DeletedUser19458

4. There is little doubt that this new event format is going to make events easier and more fun for smaller cities - who in the last few had no chance to finish!
I have always felt that Events should not require you to rip up your city and build itty-bitty little buildings that have no place in your city; it is so nice now to be able to use buildings that are there already!

No instead we must rip apart our cities to build and upgrade enormous buildings we didn't want. I have a small city in chap 5 .. progress has been horrible and I've more or less abandoned the event in that city. More so because 'random' is anything but, while 'easy' quests seem to have simply been pulled out of the event.

7. There has been a lot of hoo-hah about the quest changes! I for one am very happy with the changes - I think they are constructive and will improve the game for all of us. They will just take a little time to grow on us.
Generally speaking, the people who run into troubles in this game are those who do not follow the common sense recommendations - and one of those is always keep every building maxed - because it is the best use of space.
The designers expect 'the average player' will design their city this way - and they create events that work with this ‘average city’.

Average is middle of the road. So half the players in the game cannot participate in the event and this is by design? Well done. And I strongly disagree that a building at max is the best use of space. If I do not need those goods, why would I take up more space, build more houses, build more workshops and take up more space for something I don't need?

I have been warning people for years - the more you deviate from the 'typical' city set-up, the more likely you will run into problems with game changes! It is perhaps less risky to play conservatively, rather than smarty-pantsing your way through to the end.

So the moral of your story is "Play the game my way because it is the only way". When I started playing something I first noticed was how every city looked identical, which is what you are promoting. Just giant row housing, workshops, and a culture/aw district. So I strive to use event buildings as much as possible and make my city as unique as the game allows me. I have no interest in playing the game otherwise ... the game gives options and I've taken them. It's not cheating as I've seen the mods hinted at, and it's not wrong, as suggested.

The Unbeliever

Well, it's not easier and more fun for smaller cities. o_O
Yeah, I can totally see how much "fun" it must be to get any of the following;
- Complete 25/35/45 tournament encounters
- Complete 5/7/9 encounters
- Produce large sum of T1 boost (with maybe if you're lucky, a barely 400-500% or so relic boost, and even that's a stretch for most Ch4 and under cities!)
- Gain VV's with your non-existent inventory to provide spell frags, and tiny relic pools for CC's that run dry in no time, with a (likely) just Lv2-3 MA. (or better yet, NO MAGIC ACADEMY!LOL)
- Scout a province (and while it may take little time, enjoy being over-scouted in no time flat!)
- Research a tech (hope your fellowship can feed you the goods after the first 4-5 or so!:p)
- Complete Spire encounters. (must be great for Ch1-2 cities which can't even access yet, or the poor Ch3-5 cities that can't afford it)
- Buy tons of KP's (that'll be stupidly expensive in no time flat, with only a tiny economy to try and support it... and limited/non-existent coin rains to get around it.)

So yeah, those small cities have tons of fun!
Except when they get anything that's not a workshop based quest, which is like you know, seemingly 9/10 quests the event is shoving down our collective throats.:rolleyes::(:(

My poor dad this morning so far in his small Ch8 city;
- Scout/Research
- Gain 9 relics
- Scout/Research
- Scout/Research
- Stack of units
- Scout/Research
He's 8 provinces over-scouted now, and so decided to basically use up almost all his portal profits to blast through the researches, but that's only going to carry him so far... (he can afford maybe 2 more of those atm)
I mean seriously, this is such a gakfest that even Hollywood couldn't make this s*** up - Inno's ranDUMB at it's best!:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

My Human city this morning;
- completed Toolboxes
- Yet more Toolboxes

I am NOT wasting all my stockpiles of hard-earned time instants/resources on this unplayable bull***t!!
Why should we reward Inno for being a bunch of incompetent toolbags who simply think & treat us players as being just a bunch of cheating monkeys?

Inno, seriously, FIX THIS FLAMING GAK SHOW NOW!!

Last edited:
Is piling on ScoobyDoo really going to solve anything? I really don't understand why people are getting so offended by his argument. I don't necessarily agree with it, but it was far from offensive. Just because he was comparing the situation to something that is illegal does not mean he was accusing anyone of a crime. Besides, it was denounced, apologized for, and moved on from. I suggest we let Scooby off the hook as it sounds like he's suffered enough. Sure he made a bad analogy but at least had the guts to address the mob. Asking for his head on a plate will surely not encourage other mods to join the discussion.

Black watch

Those 10+ evolving building cities did not exchange money or use a lot of diamond purchases for the event. They were early chapter cities that made decent use of time boosts (many of which given to them by the 85 cost chest prizes) to sky rocket through quests and had plenty of pre-orc provinces to clear. Scoobydoo also mentions that only one maxed evolving building was intended for the free players, and that the possibility of getting more was left intact for those willing to spend diamonds. This creates two problems 1) The paying players had little interest in that many evolving buildings, and would have even less interest in buying them should the quests become tougher 2) the new quests balanced themselves around the overachievers leaving the rest to have a hard time dealing with only a modest gain. Further this event has little to offer outside of the evolving buildings, which makes it difficult to warrant players spending their time when there is nothing to show.

I got three bears at the beginning of this event. The only way to get more is to... HOW. That doesn't make sense to me unless it's somehow tagged onto the end as some sort of reward for kicking a$$. Still doesn't make sense to me.
However, whatever the way... INNO still has control over it... They created this mess.

Inno wants their cake and eat it too! It can't be both ways. The philosophy, at least on how I see it is simple...

They want unlimited Grand Prizes (So they can "milk" the whales THAT will cough up the RL $$$) to get however many they want to have.

Yet, it's being "spun" as US players cheating, ETC!

They also are banking on more people buying diamonds, it seems, so those players can get AT LEAST, ONE bear to lvl 10....

Here's the kicker!

IF you buy $150-200 worth of Event Currency, you just put a target on your back, to have shade thrown at you, because you must have "cheated"! You have too many prizes from Events, As Well As, you are not playing the game the intended way, and are borderline? "exploiting" the game?!

If you don't buy any Event Currency, it is even worse! You have almost nothing at all, by way of incentive, for starters, in regards to this Event. The good news? NO ONE will think you are whining and cheating....well, provided you say nothing AT ALL! And keep silent.

@Inno: Two wrongs don't make a right.

Even IF,( IF, IF, IF,) I were to agree with you, and say you are right, in regards to I am not playing the way YOU want me to. What reason can you give me, on why I should pay any MORE money?

Do you even have one? I sure as heck don't!

If you are gonna just blow smoke & use smoke & mirrors, at least make sure your smokescreen IS NOT Transparent!

This is so messed up on every level.

Let me put it another way here....

I care about game balance, and having as many of us gamers as happy as possible!

I don't care for the unfairness, stigma, and all these other negative "vibes" currently going on. As if the Event was not boring & anger invoking enough!

I also don't care how many of whatever ANYONE has! AS long as it doesn't "break" the game. (How much more of an advantage do players have with multiple Grand Prizes leveled up, that allows them to "rule" tournaments, etc).

From what I have read herein, sounds like there are some that have very dynamic strategies in regards to playing this game. They do not seem to lack in imagination or creativity, to obtain their goals.

You want a small fortune for premium expansions, after a certain point!? If that's not out and out greediness, then I don't know what is.

So, whether you are just being greedy, or out of money, OR BOTH, this whole thing is just wrong!

I have been hearing from you for almost 2 months now, on how it's the players/gamers fault!

And now the silence is so DEAFENING, I can hear a pin drop!

No! Correction!

IT.IS.YOURS.

Period.

You are the ones in control on how the game is coded, what is available in game, as well as what isn't.

Accept responsibility for your decisions and actions. And please address all of us with some kind POSITIVE response. PLEASE.

Oh, and an FYI. If you want me to hush my mouth, apologize & fix this mess, and I will do just that....

I will thank you and shut my mouth about this!

This Event makes The Spire look good...and The Spire is still not worth doing vs "cough" rewards. At least, not for me.

I have been asking and waiting for anyone to say they are having FUN with this Event...........

And I am still waiting.

Well said.

DeletedUser10594

Is piling on ScoobyDoo really going to solve anything? I really don't understand why people are getting so offended by his argument. I don't necessarily agree with it, but it was far from offensive. Just because he was comparing the situation to something that is illegal does not mean he was accusing anyone of a crime. Besides, it was denounced, apologized for, and moved on from. I suggest we let Scooby off the hook as it sounds like he's suffered enough. Sure he made a bad analogy but at least had the guts to address the mob. Asking for his head on a plate will surely not encourage other mods to join the discussion.

Not really looking for mod participation. Would much rather have dev participation. Although, there's not much they can say at this point. There's no way they will roll it back. There is no way they will change anything this close to the end. The only thing we can hope for is that they will take our complaints to heart and not completely ruin the next event.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I got three bears at the beginning of this event. The only way to get more is to... HOW. That doesn't make sense to me unless it's somehow tagged onto the end as some sort of reward for kicking a$$. Still doesn't make sense to me.

It is exactly the same as the Phoenix event. Once you get 27 artifacts, the three bears come around again as prizes. And then these players get 27 more artifacts. And then the three bears are there again. Etc.

Captain Asgard

That's her, and she knew what she was doing when she did it. And people are entitled to feel upset when they're told they're cheaters or thieves when they're not.

People are upset because of this comment "The anger is coming from Inno refusing to allow abuse and players are upset that they can no longer abuse the system. If you want to blame anyone then blame the players that keep abusing systems."

T6583

Is piling on ScoobyDoo really going to solve anything? I really don't understand why people are getting so offended by her argument. I don't necessarily agree with it, but it was far from offensive. Just because she was comparing the situation to something that is illegal does not mean he was accusing anyone of a crime. Besides, it was denounced, apologized for, and moved on from. I suggest we let Scooby off the hook as it sounds like he's suffered enough. Sure he made a bad analogy but at least had the guts to address the mob. Asking for his head on a plate will surely not encourage other mods to join the discussion.
For me it's basically the way that her arguement was presented, it seems as if it was done in the heat of the moment which can easily add gasoline to the fire when you already have a large base of upset people. They are also a representative of the company. (Also there is more to it then just this post in my opinion. If you're not on the Beta forum I encourange you to go read the event thread there) I'm not sure about you but at my job if I spoke to any of our clients like this, whether they found it offensive or not, I would be out of a job as it is deemed unprofessional. I'm not asking for her head on a plate or anything and at this point I personally could care less about the apology and Marindor did do their best to redirect things. I purposfully highlighted parts of her response to respond back to here with what I feel is valid feedback in general. I'm personally more upset about the overall lack of communication and lack of response to legitment concerns and feed back. It might be helpful if one of the mod's gave some kind of feedback. Even if they quoted some of the responses from Marindor, who I personally think has handled things extremely well and very professionally so far with the backlash this event has caused.

Alistaire

Not really looking for mod participation. Would much rather have dev participation. Although, there's not much they can say at this point. There's no way they will roll it back. There is no way they will change anything this close to the end. The only thing we can hope for is that they will take our complaints to heart and not completely ruin the next event.
The number of quests you do, the number of currency you spend, all of that is tracked. They are 100% able to say at the end of the event "sorry that 80 cap nerf was too hard, we determined if it was 100 nobody would break the game so here ya go, extra prizes".

edit: and don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that's likely, but the most likely thing for them to do if they're going to do something like that would be to do it after the event when they've calculated an amount they could compensate without breaking the game based on how much everyone did.

Deleted User - 3932582

The number of quests you do, the number of currency you spend, all of that is tracked. They are 100% able to say at the end of the event "sorry that 80 cap nerf was too hard, we determined if it was 100 nobody would break the game so here ya go, extra prizes".

edit: and don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that's likely, but the most likely thing for them to do if they're going to do something like that would be to do it after the event when they've calculated an amount they could compensate without breaking the game based on how much everyone did.
Aside from the fact that it would be very difficult to do with respect to daily prizes, that's a slippery slope if I've ever seen one. Imagine that what this effectively means is an approach where you play the event without knowing how much your play is going to net you - which will only be determined at the end based on everyone else's results. Scary.

Deleted User - 3932582

And I strongly disagree that a building at max is the best use of space.
Because it's not. Here is my repost from beta:

LOL. No, it's not. Plenty of examples of higher levels = lower efficiency. I can pick a random one - T1 manus. I have L24 ones because I need them for sentients. Upgrade to L25 will net me a whopping 5% production increase (or about 1 tile), while requiring 653 extra pop - which is a 15% increase, and is certainly more than 1 tile worth of pop. I am not event talking about extra culture required, or 44K worth of T1 and 44K worth of T4 and other small change. And I am definitely not even talking about event buildings that would be even more efficient.

Best use of space? I think not.

RainbowSKYEPIXIE

But they never did require you to rip apart your city. That is nothing more than a player feeling that they needed to do that due to trying to use a particular strategy. I never once in the 3 years that I've been playing ever felt the need to tear down my city to place lvl 1 buildings. If I happened to have the room for a shantytown I built one. If I didn't I just pre-planned the best I could with what I had. The biggest issue with requiring certain level buildings for some players (I am not one of these players btw as I level everything to max each chapter) is that they prefer to play with smaller size buildings due to their particular play style. I was always under the impression that there wasn't a right or wrong way to build your city. You built it how it works for you. At some point Inno supported this because they even had on their loading screen a tip that stated "If your prefered building type is small, build many of them." The forcing for required levels based on chapters for events completely alienates / now eliminates particular play styles. It tells us that there really is only a few ways to really play the game. There are other play styles that were also affected by this. One of the members of my FS uses pop, supplies, and goods from event buildings and AW's to limit the number of residences, workshops, and manu's to the bare minimum he needs with the ultimate goal of not needing any of those building types. He's built his entire city around that strategy and concept. He's almost in Elementals. He has had to completely rethink years of planning and strategy just to be able to participate in this event and most likely future events.

@T6583 YeS !!! This is My feelings Exactly !!! (not that it matters!)

P.S. I have a must read link for everyone.

https://minmaxgame.com/punished-for-success/

:eek::(:mad::eek::(:mad:

To say the very least I was shocked, stunned, floored, dismayed after reading. :oops: To find out that not just upper level players but All players are being put through this bad event, because a handful of players maxed out on prizes is pathetic. IMHO I couldn't care less what anyone else won! Happy for them even!!! Someone else here mentioned it but I happened to find on another Forum. This may very well be the game breaker for me, and Inno may have done this addict (Me) a great favor!!

The Unbeliever

It is exactly the same as the Phoenix event. Once you get 27 artifacts, the three bears come around again as prizes. And then these players get 27 more artifacts. And then the three bears are there again. Etc.
Elvenar should've just followed the FoE way of awarding the evolving buildings;
1. You start with a basic Lv.1 Bear/Phoenix - typically given out around the 4th - 6th quest of the event

2. At certain points in the sequential quest line, you get 1 evolution. (ie: for our current fall event, we could've gotten a bear artifact for completing say the 29th quest)

3. Grand Prizes could then go along the lines of;
Bear Artifact -> Teleport Spell -> Bear Artifact -> Library -> Bear Artifact -> Ferris Wheel -> Bear Artifact -> MoAK -> Bear Artifact -> 50KP (strait to kp bar) -> Bear Artifact -> 5x 14hr time boosters -> Bear Artifact -> Wishing Well -> Bear Artifact
That brings the initial bear to Lv10. (1 from quest + 8 grand prizes)

4. Now Grand Prizes could go;
'The Bear' Lv.1 -> Teleport Spell -> Bear Artifact -> Library -> BA -> Trading Outpost -> BA -> Ferris Wheel -> BA -> MoAK -> BA -> 50kp -> Wishing Well -> BA -> Teleport Spell -> BA -> 5x 14hr time boosters -> BA -> Trading Outpost -> BA
...then repeat ad nausium.

Now it becomes;
1x Lv10 Bear = only 15 grand prizes vs. the current 17
2x Lv10 Bears = 20 additional grand prizes
3x Lv10 Bears = 20 additional grand prizes
AKA: a lot more work intensive to get more than 1 fully evolved Bear!

As for how the bears themselves evolve, the different 'types' of bear/phoenix/whatever should simply be left off until the final level.
(ie: when going from Lv9 Bear to Lv10, you choose between Brown, Polar or Panda.)
During the initial Lv1-9 stages, the bears/birdies/whatever can simply give more generic bonuses alongside the pop+culture, such as say coins + supplies + kp.
Then at the final level, you choose your preference and get all the 'super stats'. (ie: Brown Bear's additional 4 types of units, or Panda's T2 goods + MM spells, etc...)

This way, it's easier for the vast majority of players to get a single, fully evolved building, but you're stretching out the workloads required to get additional copies! (plus, you need to get a 2nd fully evolved building before you can even get a 3rd basic Lv1 building, etc...)
And by leaving the different types until the final stage, it also means that players who do win a 2nd or additional copies can tailor their evolving building to their preferred style of play!
(ie: a pure caterer could choose 2x Panda Bears, instead of being saddled with what they consider 'useless' military boosts from the brown bear)

On FoE, it's generally understood that getting a 2nd copy of most evolving buildings will typically run a player on average 8-10k+ diamonds per copy. (and sometimes more - IIRC, a second Lv.10 Colossus from this year's Forge Bowl event was something silly like 20k+ dias!:eek::eek:)

Deleted User - 312108

@Sheianna For Tier 1 - the level 1 buildings are problematic depending on your race and boosted, if you are a human with marble or an elf with planks or marble you need 2 spaces and a road to lay down a level 1 building, if you have steel or are a human with planks you need 4 spaces - not exactly fair... and many people commented on that as well.
I do believe that they should have had the level requirement more gradual as in chapter -5 etc to foreshadow the full requirement, but give people time to build.

@Enevhar Aldarion I also did not mind the requirement change. It was somewhat painful and I did warn my Fellowships on live that it was coming so they had about a week or so to prep. I DO mind the 'random' quests and the theory that they have to have difficult quests because they are giving out an arbitrary currency award. But since I've covered my thoughts on the gain relics & encounter quests ad naseum :) that's all I will say.

@Pheryll I typically do not buy the building for the events and I do think the 188 was overly generous, but I advocate for currency award based on quest, not arbitrary. I was able to fully evolve 2 buildings and up to 7 on the 3rd on beta. I made prolific use of speed boosts and was at the start of chapter 7 so had a lot of research readily available for completion (I had saved it).
My opinion is this: a dedicated, paying player who buys the event building (dedicated means, uses speed boosts, diamonds, and logs in a few times a day) should easily obtain enough relics to level all 3 buildings. A dedicated, player who does not buy the event buildling should be able to do as I did on beta and level at least 2 of the three fully. Then it should decrease from there. Yes, some of it should be luck, but after three weeks, players who are using speed boosts or diamonds or and regularly play should at minimum be able to have 1 fully evolved building. For an event like mermaids, the building should be better and then maybe players should not be expecting to fully evolve it.

@Alistaire maybe they all should expire?

@Humpin Turtle I recommend trying to obtain a few wishing wells as those will give you diamonds. I am someone who plays with minimal purchases. (I buy diamonds once in a while more to support the game than to actually purchase anything as I think expansions are ridiculously priced and I am ambivalent about most of the diamond purchased buildings.)

@Jackluyt The event may be easier up to a certain point. But once you start hitting where you are doing scouting or the 9/45 encounters you quickly run out of resources as a smaller city. So no, the current quest set up I do not believe is easier for anyone.

The Unbeliever

Aside from the fact that it would be very difficult to do with respect to daily prizes, that's a slippery slope if I've ever seen one. Imagine that what this effectively means is an approach where you play the event without knowing how much your play is going to net you - which will only be determined at the end based on everyone else's results. Scary.
Inno actually did this on the FoE beta server back in January;

The first event of the year - the Forge Bowl, was a MASSIVE, mother-of-all clusterfeths on the beta play through...
Due to the severe difficulties encountered by most players, and that despite repeated alterations/rebalancings during the event run itself, the devs as added compensation gave every beta who participated IIRC, 2 additional 'Colossus upgrade kit' items which would *hopefully* allow most players who 100% completed the event to hit the full Lv.10 building.
(and yes, there was indeed still a large amount of whining about now having 'useless' upgrades that couldn't be used by those who had already managed to get a Lv10 building, and/or about how players who couldn't reach a Lv10 building had simply deleted their copy because it was so ugly in it's Lv1-9 stages:p)

So there IS a precedent, since both game do share a lot of similar features & ideas between them.
(I doubt the Elvenar team will lift a finger though, sadly...:()

Pheryll

Set Designer
One of the easiest ways to compensate players with artifacts is to simply have a light weight investment (like a challenge) where one or more are offered as a reward. This keeps players engaged and gives them assurance that Elvenar is more than just the failure of our present event.

The Elvenar staff actually did do this right after the Phoenix event. So there is some precedence for this practice.

Alistaire

You're right about the daily prizes...however "slippery slope" is literally a fallacy of logic. I think you would have to agree between the glitches, bad balancing, and especially the nerf advertised as a good thing in response to a complaint, that some kind of apology is owed for how this event's been handled. Maybe it doesn't include compensation but just an assurance they're learning and will try to do better next time, but if compensation of any sort came out it's not a "slippery slope" at all. They're always able to say "that's enough, no more." ...and just in general the moment someone says "slippery slope", it's not a valid argument. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_slope

Status
Not open for further replies.