• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunsetDanar

Wow...An hour and some change and I made it through 30 something pages. The consensus seems to be that this is no longer enjoyable (It's not). That INNO has taken away player control of event play (they have). Endless quests are either cool or they totally suck. This format is easier for small cities (It's not). This format is easier for large cities (It's not). The new buildings are cool. The new buildings are not cool. (Individual perspective here I think and that's only if you need, want or even care about those buildings). Who gives a rip about another evolving building that does nothing but offer up the same stuff you get anyway (I agree with this one...The only good one so far has been the Phoenix so where are the Artifacts? They are all conspicuously absent from daily prizes).

I can deal with "Unlimited Quests" but I want a list of, lets say 100. Round 2 is doubled with the exception of the obviously time consuming ones such as scouting so I'd be fine with an additional one within reason with a triple round 3. I can also side with the folks who suggest that INNO is trying get players to spend more money. I've seen no more than the usual messages for "Starter Packs and Stash Outpost" which I've purchased in the past but it didn't help me in the summer mermaid event so I passed for this one. Bottom line for me is...If it's too disruptive to regular game play or just to idiotic to be fun...I ain't doin' it...

Pheryll

Set Designer
2. For me, evolving buildings are a great improvement over building sets - so much more power packed into a smaller space!
I like the concept!

Might as well bring this one up. Evolving buildings are a lazy way of doing sets. They clog up the craft menu or clog up your inventory (the crafting system was introduced to allow you to clean up your inventory by disenchanting). The bonuses are controlled, but the feeding effects are so varied in potential that they allow for a whole new realm of manipulation that the sets didn't offer. The fire phoenix with only 2 or 3 feedings a week can keep you covered throughout tournaments. The brown bear can similarly be extended to a good half week or more per feeding, depending on how much you level up your dwarven bulwark, shrooms, and armories. Further the evolving buildings are dominated by artifact investment and can place an entire event's dedication into a single building, while the set pieces could be collected according to your style.

Deleted User - 3932582

LOL, reduction of workshop quests they say? Here is my last 5 quests:

Code:
- Produce Basket of Groceries [9 h] 6 times with a Workshop from your current of previous 3 Chapters
- Produce Basket of Groceries [9 h] 6 times with a Workshop from your current of previous 3 Chapters
- Solve 45 Tournament Encounters or Solve 9 Encounters
- Produce Advanced Tools [3 h] 8 times with a Workshop from your current of previous 3 Chapters
- Produce Toolbox [1 d] 5 times with a Workshop from your current of previous 3 Chapters

Tauriel Dragonwood

Working 12 hr. shifts for a few weeks cut into my visits to Elvenar but now I have time to visit my two cities and play a relaxed, fun game of Elvenar. An event had already started so figured this will be fun. Then I came across a quest that said, "Produce Wooden Figurines 3 times with a Manufactory from your current or previous chapter." What?! Found a tool tip that explained this new feature and I was not too happy when I found out I would need to produce Level 16 Wooden Figurines because I was up to Chapter 8. Thought this must be a mistake so I headed over to my elven city but found since I was also in Chapter 8, I had to produce Level 16 Decorative Pillars.

Do the game devs have any idea how huge Level 16 Planks and Marble Manufactories are? For humans, Level 16 Wooden Figurines is a 3x6 building. For elves, a Level 16 Decorative Pillar is a 2x5 building. Ay Yi Yi! My entire city will have to be torn apart if I want to complete these types of quests. If this is what quests are going to be like, I'm not advancing any further in this chapter until I build more land expansions for these huge buildings or quit out of boredom when my patience runs out waiting for land to appear. Now that my stress level is rising again, I think I'll go back to my 12 hr. shifts at work.

Pheryll

Set Designer
LOL, reduction of workshop quests they say? Here is my last 5 quests:

Code:
- Solve 45 Tournament Encounters or Solve 9 Encounters
- Produce Advanced Tools [3 h] 8 times with a Workshop from your current of previous 3 Chapters
- Produce Toolbox [1 d] 5 times with a Workshop from your current of previous 3 Chapters

If they removed one instance of beverages, simple tools, bread, and advanced tools from their double list, that does indeed count as a 30% reduction in workshop quests.

DeletedUser22921

First - I will acknowledge that I buy diamonds and use them in the game. I spend money to go out to eat or to go to the movies or a show and I don’t have a problem spending a reasonable amount of money to play a game I enjoy. There are many things I like about this game and the events used to be one of those things.

I have two towns - one at the beginning of Dwarves and one just starting chapter 4. The event has been hard for both of my towns but particularly hard for my smaller one.

Feedback

What I like

The ideas for the bears and what they can do are creative and interesting

The artwork is great

The constellations for collecting the stars are wonderful

The whole chest system and daily buildings are reasonable and fair

Some of the quests are good, especially those that allow players to use their normal game play like making goods, units, money and supplies

Problems

Some of the quests are very negative for my ability to play the game long term - I worry that I am getting over extended on the map, and that the costs for my knowledge points are skyrocketing far past where they should be for my level.

I can’t really prepare for quests the way I used to or plan how I would do them which were the interesting fun parts.

I can no longer see any connection between preparation for events and fellowship adventures and I fear my performance on both fronts will be compromised by the new level requirements for workshops and T1 buildings.

The new requirements for buildings for the event are a strain on already overcrowded towns. Each time a new building is introduced players have to make choices about what they can keep so it is already difficult to find room for fellowship adventures.

I feel frustrated and I’m not enjoying the event.

Recommendations

I recommend putting the workshop and T1 building requirements back because they work in conjunction with fellowship adventures and don’t take up so much space in already overcrowded towns.

I recommend putting the quest system back to the way it was so players can plan and enjoy the quests.

For players who finish early there can be an infinite cycle like the one that is currently in place (or even harder) to keep them busy if they choose to go on past the normal quest sequence. (I don’t know if this idea has been presented elsewhere but I got it from my daughter)

The basic idea is to allow regular players to continue to enjoy the events while providing a harder extension for players who need a greater challenge.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
If they removed one instance of beverages, simple tools, bread, and advanced tools from their double list, that does indeed count as a 30% reduction in workshop quests.

My girlfriend and I have both gotten advanced tools back to back, so one from each list, more than once in just that last couple of days. What neither of us has seen at all are beverages or simple tools. It is like those two (four, counting both lists) quests do not exist for us.

GlamDoll

My girlfriend and I have both gotten advanced tools back to back, so one from each list, more than once in just that last couple of days. What neither of us has seen at all are beverages or simple tools. It is like those two (four, counting both lists) quests do not exist for us.

Have either of you seen them AT ALL, in this Event? Because, I don't recall seeing them once on Glam. Edit: NVM, read your post again :/ freakin' beer. At least Inno didn't get my beer fund this go around...does that count?

I feel frustrated and I’m not enjoying the event.

Greetings & salutations. As much as a breath of fresh air that you are (if you know others in game, please encourage them to post their feedback)

To my knowledge, since I have been playing, this is unprecedented! And It would appear, despite Inno's reckless disregard & wild abandonment, knows no bounds. I am still awaiting to be proven wrong, but I am not holding my breath for it.

Assuming you have read ALL this Thread and/or the one on Beta...you already know, it's a dumpster fire? bonfire? IDK...but I nuke from orbit any chance I get.

I wish I was not passionate about this game, but, I am guilty....I am just "floored" at Inno's silence. It's quite impressive, if I do say so myself.

Last edited:

DeletedUser20617

The randomness of the requests is off. I keep getting asked to do the same request 2, 3 times in a row. I just gave you everything I had, and now you are asking for it again??? I've had to scout 3 times in a row, repeatedly. I don't think it's a good plan.

Deleted User - 3932582

In the last segment (#90+), I have seen 1x beverage (5min) quest - so they do exist. I have seen zero simple tools (15min) yet - that's 56 quests and counting. Anyone got one of those?

qaccy

I'm a late gamer who actually started this game because I did not have to battle :p That is a real plus for me! I make troops in the barracks around the clock. I go into tourney click one of each, auto-battle, maybe look at better makeup of my troops, maybe not and cater the rest. I think I average 2000 but have done over 5000. I get totally annoyed if I click on battle because it is a waste of time for me to watch the battle. Different strokes for different folks. It just isn't something I want to do.

That's kind of what I was getting at with my post. My average is far, far above yours and I don't even feel like it's a strain because fighting is so much easier and cheaper than catering is and it allows me far greater tournament rewards (and a greater contribution towards the FS checkpoints). If I wanted to cater instead of fight, there's no way I'd be able to sustain the amount of tournament encounters I complete every week.

And for the record, I'm talking about auto-battling. Elvenar's battle system is far too cumbersome for me to bother fighting manually. Using troops instead of goods for encounters whenever possible is really the way to go when it comes to tournaments.

Last edited:

Vergazi

I am getting sick of the quests that repeat the same quest again and again and again...oh, did I say again? Number one repeating quest seems to be Research Tech, Scout Probince or get 15 Vision Vapors..again and again and sometimes even again. Second on my personal Hit Parade of Sorrows seems to be collect a huge amount of troops. I have 2 armories in all my larger cities so this kind of sucks, but it does burn lots of 2hr time boosters...so if that was the idea I guess it's mission accomplished.

I'm sure someone will tell me how I am wrong on this, but my instinct tells me that the game is selecting quests according to what we have in terms of resources and items in our inventories. opinions? It's just not random and to call it semi-random is a gross mischaracterization.

That said, so far I have from 2-5 Evo Artifacts on my 5 larger cities, one of them is the luckier one and has the 5 artifacts. The Bears are sitting tight in my inventory until I am sure I won't get stuck with some goofy, lame baby bears taking up precious space in my already space-cramped cities. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.