• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black watch

Comments and Suggestions from EPL
Feel free to submit comments and suggestions here https://tinyurl.com/y5o2e9fx!

1, As always, congratulations to the Elvenar team for excellent artwork and technical production.
Well done!!

2. For me, evolving buildings are a great improvement over building sets - so much more power packed into a smaller space!
I like the concept!

3. Despite the teething problems, I really love the new ‘random quest’ format - and see it as a very positive change from the designers. It is no longer possible for strong players to swamp their cities with lots and lots of tiny little level one buildings and finish the event in three days - which was never the intention for Events! :)

In our Event Note, we have posted a list of what one typical player encountered in her event to give you an idea of what you may expect; everyone will get similar quests, but in a different order. So now one has to play the event one quest at a time, rather than just reading and reacting to a string of known quests from a 'cheat sheet' - which was never the designer’s intention.
(I spoke with one of the event designers a while back - and they do not want 'cheat sheets'. If they wanted all the players to know exactly what is coming next, they would post a list in the Wiki.)

To me this format is infinitely more satisfying and I am enjoying the event a lot. I think many skeptics, as so often happens in the game, will eventually come to see that this is a more satisfying way to play Events!!

4. There is little doubt that this new event format is going to make events easier and more fun for smaller cities - who in the last few had no chance to finish!
I have always felt that Events should not require you to rip up your city and build itty-bitty little buildings that have no place in your city; it is so nice now to be able to use buildings that are there already!

5. I am really enjoying the event! Very relaxing; and one gets 5 - 10 quests done every day on average without any fuss and bother.
I am particularly enjoying the absence of ‘Upgrade x buildings to level y’ - I hope they will never return.

Events should be FUN - they should not require you to rip your city to pieces to build things that you really don’t want or need!

6. For me this event gets 9 out of 10 - the prizes are a bit ordinary; but not complaining; lots of KP and boosters to be made!!

7. There has been a lot of hoo-hah about the quest changes! I for one am very happy with the changes - I think they are constructive and will improve the game for all of us. They will just take a little time to grow on us.
Generally speaking, the people who run into troubles in this game are those who do not follow the common sense recommendations - and one of those is always keep every building maxed - because it is the best use of space.

The designers expect 'the average player' will design their city this way - and they create events that work with this ‘average city’.

I have been warning people for years - the more you deviate from the 'typical' city set-up, the more likely you will run into problems with game changes! It is perhaps less risky to play conservatively, rather than smarty-pantsing your way through to the end.

I might mention that I have only 5 of the required planks workshops and 8 workshops - which are part of my normal city architecture - and I have already done more than 170 quests without spending Diamonds. So really, the new event format is totally do-able.

8. The last-minute change to the questing system really did not work!
Too many Scout-or-Vapors by far.

Okay, I've got to chime in here, sorry, I just couldn't let this go Jackluyt, partly to illistrate for people still learning about this game and for those new to this forum. I might add, that I read other folks responses about your post too and think they nailed it spot on, but it's late here now and I'm tired, so I'll just post my thoughts on what I underlined and turned bold.

technical production: I think that the random quests come under technical, so I would have to disagree. I like the artwork and yes, I think the Panda looks like he/she is feeding a dog. :)
‘random quest’ format: THIS random quest format is flawed in major ways... That is what most of the post on this forum are calling attention to, so I'm surprised your happy with it.
I think many skeptics, as so often happens in the game, will eventually come to see that this is a more satisfying way to play Events!!: Judging by my own experiance and reading other people's notes... I think that extremely unlikely.
smaller cities: No matter what size city, we are all being affected by this event in negative ways, whether by participation with the quests or by the forced set up to participate in it.
not require you: No one was required to rip up there city and build itty-bitty little buildings. The fact is, most players take advantage of time between chapters and wait for the event to start and then would set up those "tent" cities to do the events. Sometimes it worked out that you had space, sometimes it didn't. Most of the time it didn't for me, but the phoenix event I was able to. Yes, got a fully upgraded Fire bird... no, even with logging on a lot every day was it possible for me to get more than 4 extra artifacts.
I am really enjoying the event! Very relaxing; and one gets 5 - 10 quests done every day on average without any fuss and bother.: I'm glad you're enjoying this, but I think you are in a very small minority. Yes, it's very relaxing too- especially with scouting times at high levels... I've had only the first few days that I was able to put 7 quests or more behind me a day. Since then, only one other day have I managed more than five. Most of my time has been reading posts on the forum because I'm bloody well scouting again... (sorry, that subject is still grating on raw nerves).
FUN - they should not require you to rip your city to pieces to build things that you really don’t want or need!: I'm not having fun playing this game's events anymore... it's more habit than anything. AS far as build things you really don't want or need... Spot on... Perfectly said. Don't get me started on the Pet Food subject.
hoo-hah about the quest changes! People are pissed off. They used to like this game and many have spent money on it... so it's understandable.
I think they are constructive and will improve the game for all of us. They will just take a little time to grow on us.: I think the issues needed an adjustment, not a spanking with a baseball bat.
Generally speaking, the people who run into troubles in this game are those who do not follow the common sense recommendations - and one of those is always keep every building maxed - because it is the best use of space.
: So wrong on so many levels, I'm not sure where to start, but I think one of the folks here already addressed that. I will say that from what I can see, INNO wants things just so, but sets things up and dangles lures out for everyone to spend money on them, then bitches through it's Mods, when someone does take the bait. I can't remember a company so hands off and non-communicative with it's clients, get upset about making money. It's weird, expecially since they have control over how they write the code.
and I have already done more than 170 quests without spending Diamonds
.: I don't know how you have done that. I'm buried under a mountainous pile of scouting and my magic accademy caught fire today because I've used it so much. I've even had to fight in the bloody spire to try and get CCs. So, yeah, I thought your statement was quite interesting.
The last-minute change to the questing system really did not work!
Too many Scout-or-Vapors by far.

SPOT ON AND WELL SAID.
I think one thing can be said that we can easily agree on after reading this thread on the forum. INNO's engine in not firing on all cylinders and need a fix.

Black watch

Well - this guarantees that my paypal button is now officially broken. I'm sure I'm in the 4 digit range as far as money spent over the years I've played and it will now STOP. I will give it to the next event to see if they fix this mess if it is not, I'll find somewhere else to spend that part of my entertainment money. I'm going to keep playing at least until the next event - and if it's not improved - I'm gone.

Jim Baen fonder of Baen Books once made the statement that he was competing for the customers beer money. That's the attitude the devs should be taking with events - you're competing for my 'beer' money. Money that is designated to be used for something that brings me enjoyment - that I know has a short term fulfillment window, but I enjoy it anyway. By competing for and winning my 'beer' money what you are getting is frequent small purchases that add up to significant amounts in the long term for you but seem trivial to me at the time I spend the money.

Having a couple of whales who spend $100-200 during an event will get you less money than having 50 players who spent 10-25 dollars a month on the game in general.

Quit getting greedy and trying to grab as much at one time as you can and realize that steady income from many players (even if at small levels from each) gives you a better return than the occasional large purchase from a few.

Of course if you do it right - you get the frequent small purchases from many as well as the infrequent large purchases - the best of both worlds.

In regards to the statement by the mod on Beta - I see that another Mod kinda apologized - that's not enough for a moderator who is seen as a representative of the company to come out and call the players thieves in a forum that can be publicly accessed requires and official and formal apology from the game's CEO - not another mod - not the dev team - but from the higher ups - the people who actually own and manage the company.

WolfSinger, you took the words out of my mouth... however, you said it better than I could have and used a wonderful example of the beer money. Well done and well said.
I stood up and looked down at my monitor when I read your statement about the CEO posting a formal apology... my GOD, that's old school baby... That would have been classy!
That would have put THAT fire out and then the one on this thread never would have flared up.

I hope you don't leave, you have a good way about you.
Thanks for the post! :D

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
As time goes on I keep changing how I feel about this.

My current stance:
I agree the V V tasks are hard, but not as bad as scouting.
I'm getting used to the "random" tasks but still not fond. I like the idea someone proposed in the feedback for the last event. Show us the next several tasks. Even just 3-5 would be nice.
Something that is especially annoying for late chapter players are any T1 tasks that you have to do five times. By the time most of us hit Elementals and beyond, we have trimmed our factories to less than five. Personally I have 3-3-3 but I know plenty of people who have less than that. So, while doing 5 x 9hr productions may not seem bad. For someone with two factories that's a twenty seven hour task. And I don't think many of us are going to build factories and level them to 25+, just for events.

My girlfriend and I have both gotten advanced tools back to back, so one from each list, more than once in just that last couple of days. .

I got back to back toolboxes this week.

Alistaire

Okay, I've got to chime in here

Thank you. Soon as I saw that post I wanted to reply to it like that, but honestly just didn't have the energy for it. I think one thing I would've covered that you missed though:

FUN - they should not require you to rip your city to pieces to build things that you really don’t want or need!

That's ironic because it's one of the complaints about this event: being forced into building things you don't want, it's just the other end of the spectrum.

This is ridiculous - completely nuts. I got this quest http://prntscr.com/pesw44 in all 23 times since the start of the event - I can't move in event. I'm high level player finishing Elementals and moving into Amuni, soon to open Archeology and I'm on 54 points reward quest. I didn't freak out before, but now I got it 3 times in a row, and that's completely ridiculous, because I can't make enough Combining Catalysts to get 15 Vision Vapor and scouting for me is 50+ hours. I got in all 2 bear upgrades.

I'm on the verge of giving up on this game, I have really great fellowship and love having fun with them, but even that is not enough after this nonsense to keep me interested in the game.

YES - I have a feeling like somebody decided I have no right to gain anything in this event and that's truly, utterly and completely ridiculous. Except for this crazy quest which ate over 50 Vision Vapor I had at the start of the event I had twice make 3/5 Toolbox with Workshop of your chapter or two chapters before and one to Recruit a stack of units.

That's NOT a random quests, but ridiculous repeating of one single quest.

This is for my city in Felyndral. I have a city in Arendyll, where I'm on 80 for 6 days now and have normal random quests, so yes I DO KNOW how nuts this is.

DeletedUser7986

@Ælfwine

Dear INNO, Dear Communit Manager,

After reading the Autumn Zodiak Event description, I was really happy. Finally an event where we can do everything on our production buildings without the need to disfigure our nice cities with plenty of ridiculous lvl 1 buildings. This, combined with the endless questsline, was the perfect combination to me.

Then the next day the event went live, I heard changes were made, I went to the Forum to check, and I was just chocked to see that INNO cut by more than half the number of keys given by quests !?!?!?!
From 188 to 80 ???? Why ?

After some reading, it appears that the reason for this is the complaints of a few lazy casual players who neglected to upgrade their factories and workshops.

INNO's answer was to reduce by 30% Workshops quests (which IMO won't change much for the whiners because they'll still have to do the 70% remaining, and also because those quests removed leave room for more "15 feathers" and "45 tourney encounters" quests, which are not necessarily easier for them).

Now the event has been tested for a week on beta server, and none of the alleged problems was reported there. As everything was going fine on beta, the event went live, and there because of those complaints of a few casual players INNO made those drastic changes, this was really wrong !

What about all the players like me that were happy with the event as it was at launch ? Of course you didn't hear from us so far, just because everything was perfect for us, and we rather spend our time ingame than collecting post count and likes on the forum.

I asked to my FS members, then I asked all my IG friends, and a high majority replied they highly dislike this change, as well as they disagree with INNO changing the rules after the Event went live.

If INNO felt a change was necessary, the least they should have done was a poll with ingame notices to see if really the majority was willing these changes.

But INNO went ahead, ignoring the majority of players, and made a favor for the few whiners. But we all know INNO hates doing such favors, and they always come with retalation. In our case, it consist in cuting by more than half the numbers of keys we get from quests.

188 down to 80. MORE THAN HALF !!!!

As a result, we will get only get 42.5% of the keys we would have got without this unwanted change !!! This means, without buying additional keys, we will be able to fully evolve only one Bear, instead of the two we could have fully elvolve without this drastic nerf on quests rewards.

For all these resaons, me and all the true and dedicated players are requesting INNO
to revert the changes, and set the Event back as it was at launch,
with a retroactive effect on quests capped at 80 already completed

Shyama1, Elvenar Addicted

Yeah I have to say I have given up on this event entirely because it's not worth it. I'm very bummed, because the bears are cool. But such a huge nerf to keys means I have to spend twice as much time in the game. Sorry, but I've worked hard to get to the end of the game and I'm not going to spend a couple of weeks upgrading buildings just to be able to participate and then only get half the keys in value for all that work!

shimmerfly

I decided to give it another go and got scout one province, 15 VV vapor or complete research for the 3rd time in 24 hrs.
Oh and Thank you Fairy Dust
upload_2019-10-4_11-21-22.png
upload_2019-10-4_11-21-22.png upload_2019-10-4_11-21-22.png

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I'm surprised at how many people complain about training units. That's my favorite task. I'd like to see that a couple times a day.

This is ridiculous - completely nuts. I got this quest http://prntscr.com/pesw44 in all 23 times since the start of the event - I can't move in event. I'm high level player finishing Elementals and moving into Amuni, soon to open Archeology and I'm on 54 points reward quest. I didn't freak out before, but now I got it 3 times in a row, and that's completely ridiculous, because I can't make enough Combining Catalysts to get 15 Vision Vapor and scouting for me is 50+ hours. I got in all 2 bear upgrades.

I'm on the verge of giving up on this game, I have really great fellowship and love having fun with them, but even that is not enough after this nonsense to keep me interested in the game.

I'd feel your pain

but

Some of us no longer have the research technology option, and our scout times are over three days long.

As far as combining catalysts go.
The spire can be a good source of them.
I have 5 cc in production at all times, and there's been times I've had to use timer instants to get some more out. So yeah, the 15 V V task can be a pain but not impossible.

DeletedUser22890

It is exactly the same as the Phoenix event. Once you get 27 artifacts, the three bears come around again as prizes. And then these players get 27 more artifacts. And then the three bears are there again. Etc.

Why would anyone want 10 bears? I could see a few fire phoenixes. Stonehenge is nice too. Panda isn't worth having and while I like the brownbear I don't have enough food for it. I wouldn't want 2, let alone 10.

SaffireStar

Well here I go again! :mad: After having quest #29, (total about 230 hrs) (Scout 1 Province or Research 1 Technology or Gain 15 Vision Vapor) three times in a row I managed to complete the last one between 70 and 80 hrs (relief!!!) next quest was four groceries so I figured I could get some work done, .... but next quest is Scout 1 Province or Research 1 Technology or Gain 15 Vision Vapor .... another 70-80 hrs. These people either forgot to take their meds or took too many, reality has vanished.

Captain Asgard

Why would anyone want 10 bears?

Because some people are like that. If one is good, more must be better.

for free, without feeding.

They all produce for free, without feeding. Panda gives goods, Polar Bear gives coin. If you want bonus goods, feed Panda. If you want tournament cool-down reduction, feed Polar Bear.

@SaffireStar I feel ya. In my Beta city I was stuck for days behind multiple 24+ hour scouts and Toolboxes. Then "Gain 11 Relics" three times in a row, before getting another scout quest.

Edited because...sometimes I don't proofread myself. :p

Last edited:

The Unbeliever

@SaffireStar I feel ya. In my Beta city I was suck for days behind multiple 24+ scouts and Toolboxes. Then "Gain 11 Relics" three times in a row, before getting another scout quest.
My dad's Ch.8 city this afternoon;
- finishes up day-long stall of 5 toolboxes
- 45 tournament or 9 encounters
- 11 relics
- 45 tournament or 9 encounters
- 11 relics
*cries*

I'm currently stuck waiting out the last batch of 3hr productions on my current 'produce 20k marble'.
That'll be just my 3rd quest completed today, as I lost ALL of yesterday to fething toolba... - uh, I mean, boxes. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.