• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vergazi

@Ashrem Yep, "fair" is a fairly tricky word at times. One of my favorite examples is one from my real life. When one works in the service industry one often finds that the single guys like me ( or gals - uh oh, here comes the PC Police on that one ) are the ones who invariably are called upon to work on weekends, nights and holidays. Then there is the fact that, even though it is technically illegal, we all know that marries people more often get days off on schedules whenever they want ( for kids events and appointments, etc. ) or pay raises or promotions because the idea is they have kids and "need the money" more than a single person. So, yes, sometimes fair isn't very fair, but often it is, arguably, necessary it seems.

Just so this post isn't completely OT, I'd just like to mention that in my 6 Orc cities that I have had mixed results getting artifacts. I have gotten from 3 to 9 artifacts in each of my cities. The only difference in the city with just 3 artifacts obtained so far is that I have had a absolutely crippling amount of repetitive quests for train troops, research or scout a province and get 11 relics. OMG I mustn't forget the awesome 5 toolboxes quest. Just love that one to death. :rolleyes: At least no 2 day productions as yet, but then I didn't pay much attention to the list of quests on GOK this event.

T6583

@Ashrem What a thought provoking example. I think alot depends on one's definition of fair. My husband will tell you that I seem to have an overwhelming sense of fairness, but that is based on how I view fairness. In the situation that you outlined in you example I would definitely feel as if things in life are not fair to the woman in the example. However my take on it is in the example I viewed the above as being a situation for a job interview or promotion. In an ideal fair world (which we know does not exsist) in considerations for a job or promotion, life outside of the work place shouldn't play into such a decsion (and yes I know it happens, I've been in the situation myself where an coworker was choosen over me for something because he was getting married and just bought a house, said coworker even called the boss out on it.) I would like to think that I would take into consideration the experience, qulaifications, skill base etc along with whether or not they were a good fit for the company (Hate to say it but personality does play a factor alot of times in some decisions). Anyway in your example no matter what decision is made someone could view it as unfair to the other for any number of different reasons and there really isn't a right or wrong answer in that hypothetical situation. I personally have never viewed it unfair that some players could build shanty towns while I couldn't based on where I was at in a chapter. I'm sure that some players have however viewed it as unfair. That being said I still feel that that the previous way of how the events were done was more fair and equal than how they are currently being handled for alot of different reasons one being that all players got the exact same quests. I feel that there is a much bigger divide and I personally do not think that it is fair that certain playstyles are being pentized / eliminated with the new changes (just pointing out that none of the changes to the factories or workshops affected me as I personally max everything out but know others who don't for various different reasons). Though I think we can both agree on is that this event is definitely plagued with its share of problems that definietly need to be addressed. Especially with the random quest mechanics because at the moment those are grossly unfair in my opinion.

Black watch

Regarding the "fairness" discussion ... before evolving buildings and endless quests everything was perfectly fair. Anyone of any level had potential to get 1 grand prize and that was it. It's a problem of their own making, and a solution that is (so far) even worse.

I agree, though, there is the cheater thread going, but I think that primarily addresses KP and abnormal growth because of it. Wouldn't it be a nightmare if a player could trade buildings too.
Just a thought, I'm not trying to sabotage the thread... again. :confused:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I admit that this is very good insight. But one of the things the developers could have done to solve the problem of advanced quest lists is change the order of the quests between Beta and Live.
In general, the quests are uncovered by players who drop cash and/or have secondary cities that are packed with buildings specifically designed to move through quests quickly, in order to complete them in the first few days. Changing the order of the quests between Beta and Live only pushes that back a little bit. There will still be people who finish in the first few days and share

T6583

In general, the quests are uncovered by players who drop cash and/or have secondary cities that are packed with buildings specifically designed to move through quests quickly, in order to complete them in the first few days. Changing the order of the quests between Beta and Live only pushes that back a little bit. There will still be people who finish in the first few days and share
Than maybe have some sort of set list that is randomized so that everyone gets the quests in a different order but still gets all of the same quests as the next person. I'm really not sure that this endless quest system works. But maybe with some serious tweaking it can such as if there's one set list to choose from and after you complete it, it starts over again and is re-randomized so that in the 2nd go around its in a different order than the first time. Does this make any sense to anyone other than myself.

WolfSinger

Than maybe have some sort of set list that is randomized so that everyone gets the quests in a different order but still gets all of the same quests as the next person. I'm really not sure that this endless quest system works. But maybe with some serious tweaking it can such as if there's one set list to choose from and after you complete it, it starts over again and is re-randomized so that in the 2nd go around its in a different order than the first time. Does this make any sense to anyone other than myself.

That makes perfect sense and is probably easier to code than my suggestion of preventing repeats of quests and quest types within x amount of quests.

Have a set list at each stage of difficulty - have all the quests in that stage at about the same relative difficulty or resource costs. Randomized the quest for the individual player - I imagine there is an id code attached to each player's city that could be used with an algorithm to generate a unique randomization for each player. Once a player completes the last set of quests - the system resets that set and the player continues until the end of the event.

Or - the system could add 1 to any quests asking for something to be produced, gained or collected and continue on until the end or player can no longer complete the quest. (With this option, I would like to see a skip quest option - costing either cooldown time or event currency - or possibly a reset timer - if a quest hasn't been completed within 24 hours the player is asked if they want to skip - no cost at this point)

DeletedUser4699

For someone careful to post, I think you missed the mark on this one..

I suppose if you just scanned the post quickly or for whatever reason just misunderstood where I was coming from

I see you left out that there were two more responses in this. I don't think I missed the mark at all.

Not that your sarcasm deserves a response, but I check about 3x a day.

Yeah, my post was a little rough,

So yes, I do hope we have sorted this mess out now. I do hope to be done with this thread now.

The Unbeliever

Honestly I don't understand why the Elvenar team has their panties in such a twist over players finishing the whole sequential quest list in a few days...
The FoE team literally don't care at all if we do!! It's entirely a non-issue over there. Moreover, most/all of the 'new' daily prizes for any given event even repeat over the course of the event itself, so as to give everyone more chances at winning a prize they highly desire!

Many players in Elvenar would crush the sequential quest line as quickly as they could because;
- they just want to put their city back into it's 'regular' daily production cycles
- they really want a prize that comes up within the first few days, so try to bank as much event currency as possible
- they consider it a personal challenge to see how quickly they can complete a task/s
- etc, etc...

For myself, I would always try to obliterate the sequential quest line, partly because of wanting to put my city back into its regular daily cycles as soon as possible, AND, because I wanted to make sure I'd have plenty of event currency to try for an early daily prize I really, really wanted!
Okay, so sure, the Elvenar team put really good stuff up within the first few days to "encourage" diamond spending... well, maybe for some spending $40-50 or so each event is a non-issue. But for many more, it's not an option, and especially with things like Set Buildings, it can very quickly come across as Inno effectively advertising certain things as 'pay-to-win-only'.
So they shouldn't be surprised when players inevitably find ways to turn things back to their own advantage.

And really, saying that "randumb quests make thing more fair for everyone" is just plain BS...
1. ANYONE can do a google search for say, "elvenar fall event 2019" and will get a bunch of results linking to things like Gems, or EPL or other fan resources that will give them all the info such as the quest list, daily prize order, 'best' chest options, etc...
Laziness and/or ignorance isn't an excuse.

2. ANYONE can make use of the 'Lv.1 turd town' strategy. Yes, sometimes, especially in the middle of a guest race it can be super challenging to try and use even just a handful of Lv1's, but it's still doable. (I've had to do it with maybe just 10 extra factories + 5 extra workshops - it was harder for sure, but I still worked at it and made things work!)
Just crying, "Whaaaaaaaaaaaan! filthy competitive players are getting more than MEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeee!! I want what they got but I don't want to bother putting in the work level they do to get stuff - NERF THOSE FILTHY, UGLY SHANTY TOWNS!!1!!!!!111! is being a hypocrite. Of course a player who puts in that extra level of effort should be rewarded more vs. a player who just 'plays it as it comes'.
'Turd Towns' also take plenty of prep & work to make them effective, as well as having their own inherent disadvantages. (ie: if I leave say 4 expansions permanently empty/on hold for 'turd town' use, I'm not using it for say additional AW's or city production or extra guest race buildings, etc...)

3. There is a defined 'meta' within the game.
We have 'diamond cities' which are on a different level to 'freemium' cities. There's the 'daily competitive' players who will aim to squeeze every last square of space to be as hyper-efficient as possible. There's 'daily casuals' who maybe don't care about 1005 efficiency, but still log in multiple hours every day making routine checks & keeping constant 3hr productions rolling...
And there's your casual 'once a day' or 'twice a day' players for example, who don't give a care at all to building any kind of even organised city, let alone efficient, on top of 'military powerhouse' vs. 'pure farmers', vs. 'tournament players' vs. 'I don't like tournaments', etc, etc...

There is literally No. Possible. Way to ever balance an event to be "fair" across all the different types of players & play styles. So again, why do seemingly only the Elvenar team get all worked up about this?!
Even the mini game of the rotating chests has a meta to it, since a player who does a little research and/or maths it out themselves can win way more grand prizes for example just by only ever choose the most mathematically efficient chests, vs. a player who just picks at random and/or say chooses only the highest daily prize %, etc...
God forbid if we see a porting over of say, the FoE Archaeology/Halloween event mini game!! (though I would honestly throw money at Elvenar if we did get it, because it's just so damn much fun playing that mini-game!:oops::D:D)

This 'randumb quests' experiment has been nothing but a gigantic clusterfeth... Inno is either giving away way too much free stuff, or else the system is so borked that it's sucking all the fun out of the game and/or it's just too difficult for far too many to even really participate.

Let's just go back to our tried & true sequential + daily quest line, allow partial use of the 'turd town' (ie: keep *some* workshop/factory quests using the "at current chapter or -3" style, but add in some additional quests for multiple 1-day/2-day & large amounts of 'produce X beverages/simple tools/etc'..., quests that can be tackled using Lv.1 buildings), and bring back quests for things like;
- gain X amount of all T1/T2/T3 goods
- produce X 24hr/48hr T1's (using Lv1 buildings so can have much higher quantities required)
- accepting/placing trades
- pay coins/supplies
- produce each workshop production once
etc, etc...

And least this way, Inno can better control the amount of grand prizes that can be won for free so that there's still a decent incentive to open up the wallets. ;)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Many players in Elvenar would crush the sequential quest line as quickly as they could because;
- they just want to put their city back into it's 'regular' daily production cycles

I am sure everyone here who was playing before the Phoenix event remembers how they added the extra batch of quests part way through the event because the initial batch was so easy that people flew through them? I still laugh at the ones who got all upset that they had to put their city back into "event mode" for the extra quests. I also think that was the start of Inno deciding that the preset list of tasks needed to change in order to get players to focus on the event for the entire length of the event and not just for the first few days.

The Unbeliever

I am sure everyone here who was playing before the Phoenix event remembers how they added the extra batch of quests part way through the event because the initial batch was so easy that people flew through them? I still laugh at the ones who got all upset that they had to put their city back into "event mode" for the extra quests. I also think that was the start of Inno deciding that the preset list of tasks needed to change in order to get players to focus on the event for the entire length of the event and not just for the first few days.
I thought those extra quests were added because it was readily apparent that we were going to be well short of even coming close to making the Lv.10 Phoenix?
(ie: IIRC, even with completing *all* the initial quests + every single daily, it would have been a stretch to make Lv8 sans diamonds?)

I managed to actually pull out a 10th upgrade myself in that event, but that was down to both;
a) logging-in every 2-3 hours during the day to maximize the number of drops around my city - only time my city would hit the full 6 drops cap was overnight while I'd sleep.
b) on the last day, I hit a stupidly lucky run of getting 4 or 5 chests in a row w/+200 event currency.

Between my dad and I, we completed every quest (including all the added-in extras) and out of our 6 cities, only 4 of them made the Lv.10 phoenix, despite always choosing only the most feathers-efficient chest...
While we've now got all of our cities with Lv.10 red chocobos, the final 2 cities came from the artifacts handed out during the FA's/CC's. ;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser4194

I was beginning to think you abandoned this thread out of frustration or boredom.

Never! I have been keeping an eye on this thread, it is very important :)

Can you give us an update on what is happening. We're still getting some folks on that random merry-go-round. I either seem to be lucky at the moment or perhaps some tweeks have been made.

I'm assuming you're asking me? If so, as I mentioned above I have been keeping an eye on this thread, because it is important, and it contains a lot of useful and valuable information from our players. All I can update on is that the feedback has indeed been forwarded.

If you were not asking me, well then, oh well... :oops:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I thought those extra quests were added because it was readily apparent that we were going to be well short of even coming close to making the Lv.10 Phoenix?
(ie: IIRC, even with completing *all* the initial quests + every single daily, it would have been a stretch to make Lv8 sans diamonds?)

I had heard that as well, but I would have to go back and listen to their Facebook Live discussion of the Phoenix event for exactly what excuse they used for adding the extra quests. But I remember some of the players who prepared in advance with the Beta lists getting everything done in as little as a day, instead of their more normal three or four or five days. Even I finished that initial set of quests in a week, without any advance preparation, instead of my usual two or more weeks it would take me.

DeletedUser16929

this event has been horrible
i do not like the random quests
i have had repeat quests, back to back, like build a stack of units, solve a number of encounters, gain a large amount of coins, gain 7 relics
it is very nice when there is a list and one can prepare for the quests, i miss it
Elvenar has turned into a sad game :(:(:eek::eek:o_O:eek::eek::(:(

The Unbeliever

Oh boy, yet more randumb diarrhea today;

Upon logging today, collected final 3VV to complete the 'gain 6 VV quest', and now I've recieved;
- Scout/Research (did research)
- Produce 20k marble
- Buy 20kp
- 5 encounters and/or spire encounters
- Advanced Tools x8
- Scout/Research (used time instants)
- Spend 20kp
- Scout/Research (used time instants)
- Scout/Research (out of O&G race goods - too ****ed-off to waste more precious time instants - feth this BS for today!)

What the flaming hell is THIS level of garbage?!!:mad::mad::mad:

Random quests my scrawny ***... at this point, you're just punishing us for no damn reason at all. :(

Last edited:

DeletedUser3468

Thought I'd post yet another (semi) positive post... kind of like the "What I like about this event" one.

Here goes. Got the train (or whatever) two stacks of units. Collected my troops from Barracks and Training Ground to fill that quest. Got same quest again (this is the "semi" part...;)) and ... here comes the postitive part... clicked to collect my level 3 brown bear (tiny bear cub!) and finished the second quest with one click! Wow I LOVE the brown bear cub! :D:D:D

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Thought I'd post yet another (semi) positive post... kind of like the "What I like about this event" one.

Here goes. Got the train (or whatever) two stacks of units. Collected my troops from Barracks and Training Ground to fill that quest. Got same quest again (this is the "semi" part...;)) and ... here comes the postitive part... clicked to collect my level 3 brown bear (tiny bear cub!) and finished the second quest with one click! Wow I LOVE the brown bear cub! :D:D:D

Yeah, they have been good about that one thing at least. The troops/units for the Gain or Recruit or whatever word they use for the troops quests have always counted from any building source. So if you have any Vallorian or Orc Strategist buildings out or any of the Wonders that give you troops, those all count too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.