• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I think at least a couple of the bears are worth it at level 1. a 10% reduction in tournament timer means 14.5 hours instead of 16. that already makes an extra level doable.

i just mentioned elsewhere i'm currently mulling adding the polar bear
it'll be at least level 6

@Ashrem 85 currency chest is my favorite, everything in it makes me happy. Then it depends on what I am going for

I try the 85 in hopes of 8hr timers and 75% of the time get those dang magic manus. :(
personally my fave is the 142

Deleted User - 312108

I feel the same way about the 142. I know it's inefficient if I want the grand prizes, but no matter what I get in it, I'm content. the 85 is mostly good, but those two magical manufacturing spells always feel like a rip-off

I kinda go 85 > 18 > 142 > 29
I have a love/hate relationship with the 142 chest. I love PP, 500 currency and 30% daily. I hate KP and AW KP. So ultimately 85 makes me happier Speed Boost!

@mucksterme I think with the endless quest it's easier to take that risk toward the 142 because you won't potentially short yourself.

Deleted User - 3932582

@MinMax Gamer, did you ever try running any iterations on the loss in value due to a strategy of just taking the first roll that comes up? Because I'm already sick of figuring out which chest I should open next
Heh, it gets easier after the first hundred chests - just finished opening ~200 of them ;) Really though, the way I do it is to remember which chests to never open (bottom 2), and what the top 3 are, and the rest I keep looking up until I remember the order.

I'll try to run a simulation with random chest selection, we'll see how it looks like. One thing for sure is that variability of results would be higher, so averages would be less relevant unless you spin A LOT of chests.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
so averages would be less relevant unless you spin A LOT of chests.
Just spent 7800 in one city, have 5700/8800 left in second city. The remaining cities to go have 7700, 3400, and 7800. So If I don't slip into a coma before I'm done, I'll have spent 35,500 keys in 24 hours. If the average is about 28 keys per chest, that's 1,267 chests. I'm at about 350 now, and it has gotten harder, not easier

DeletedUser3468

I think at least a couple of the bears are worth it at level 1. a 10% reduction in tournament timer means 14.5 hours instead of 16. that already makes an extra level doable.

I'm totally in agreement with this! I've gotten such a great increase in diversity to my troops from having the brown bear out, even the ones that aren't out of the shell, so to speak ;) and the one that's only at level 4 is gaining me some great troops I wouldn't normally have at all because of not reaching that level of research yet. Same for the extras from both the other bears too. (of course part of that might be because the panda is giving me T2 goods which, for some reason, I'm really low on in several cities) You've already mentioned the benefit of the polar bear!

I love the bears and I'm really very disappointed that I will probably not be able to level any of them up fully but at least I can console myself that they still provide some benefits even at level 1. (but they need to be at least level 3 for their awesome cuteness to come to "bear". :p

DeletedUser2768

@Fairy Dust This is mostly aimed at you since I just read the announcement about this event and what you're all trying to do to make this an enjoyable event.

I would VERY much like to see something implemented for those of us that choose not to fight, and cater everything. I got stuck early in the quest and wound up quitting the event due to a troop production quest. I sold my armories months ago because I needed their space and resources in other places in my city. For this event I got a quest to produce roughly 1,200 troops. With no armories and a moderate barracks I could only produce 30 troops every 30ish minutes. The quest quickly became a grind and I eventually gave up on the event altogether.

Yes, I have begun to rebuild my armories since I need them despite my chosen game play. It would be REALLY nice to have another option instead of troops though. I know in the update you said T2, T3, and sentient good would never be required, but I'd happily crank those out instead of troops any day of the week.

DeletedUser4194

@Fairy Dust This is mostly aimed at you since I just read the announcement about this event and what you're all trying to do to make this an enjoyable event.

I would VERY much like to see something implemented for those of us that choose not to fight, and cater everything. I got stuck early in the quest and wound up quitting the event due to a troop production quest. I sold my armories months ago because I needed their space and resources in other places in my city. For this event I got a quest to produce roughly 1,200 troops. With no armories and a moderate barracks I could only produce 30 troops every 30ish minutes. The quest quickly became a grind and I eventually gave up on the event altogether.

Yes, I have begun to rebuild my armories since I need them despite my chosen game play. It would be REALLY nice to have another option instead of troops though. I know in the update you said T2, T3, and sentient good would never be required, but I'd happily crank those out instead of troops any day of the week.

We will gladly add that to the feedback for alternative quests :)

Status
Not open for further replies.