• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 3932582

Just spent 7800 in one city, have 5700/8800 left in second city. The remaining cities to go have 7700, 3400, and 7800. So If I don't slip into a coma before I'm done, I'll have spent 35,500 keys in 24 hours. If the average is about 28 keys per chest, that's 1,267 chests. I'm at about 350 now, and it has gotten harder, not easier
Holy moly. Well, here is a reason why I don't play multiple cities - I am getting carpal tunnel just reading this ;)

Deleted User - 3932582

@MinMax Gamer, did you ever try running any iterations on the loss in value due to a strategy of just taking the first roll that comes up? Because I'm already sick of figuring out which chest I should open next

So here is how picking chests at random looks like on average over 10K keys:

AZrandomchests.png

You can compare with your favorite targets, but basically you'll be losing ~2 grand prizes or ~5 daily prizes comparing with dedicated strategies. Note that average chest cost is much higher than in both those cases - 142 chest sucks for both daily and grand prizes.

On the other hand, picking chests at random will reduce total number of chests that need to be opened (265 chests vs 354 or 385 for daily/grand focus), so you may like that ;)

Just spent 7800 in one city, have 5700/8800 left in second city. The remaining cities to go have 7700, 3400, and 7800. So If I don't slip into a coma before I'm done, I'll have spent 35,500 keys in 24 hours. If the average is about 28 keys per chest, that's 1,267 chests. I'm at about 350 now, and it has gotten harder, not easier
You can speed things up considerably by skipping the chest shuffle animation. As soon as you hit the awesome button just click outside the window to close it. Then open it back up and chests are ready to go. When you get to the 20th star, wait to receive prize since it will just pop up next time and cannot be skipped. This method takes about half the time and even less if you focus and get the timing down. Very handy when spending thousands of keys.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
You can speed things up considerably by skipping the chest shuffle animation. As soon as you hit the awesome button just click outside the window to close it. Then open it back up and chests are ready to go. When you get to the 20th star, wait to receive prize since it will just pop up next time and cannot be skipped. This method takes about half the time and even less if you focus and get the timing down. Very handy when spending thousands of keys.
Nice. Works on mobile, too, though you have to hit the "x" not outside the box. I'm not sure I'd say twice as fast, but there is a little improvement.

Edit: Ok, I retract. It is, in fact, almost exactly twice as fast.

Edit 2: and on mobile, you skip acknowledging the 20-star grand prize while it is still delivered.

Last edited:

Tauriel Dragonwood

Well, this event may not have been much fun, but it did give me some inspiration.

The Polar Bear helps with Tournament cooldown time, to reduce your wait.
That’s good but my life is so hectic I can’t always find the time to participate.

When fed, a Panda Bear gives you goods and bonus goods too.
But where in Elvenar am I going to find shoots made of bamboo?
Goods I can trade with my fellowship at times, and they enjoy reading my silly rhymes.

In the Spire of Eternity, even being witty cannot defeat those spirits who have no pity.
The Brown Bear will give my troops a boost, when he’s fed. I wonder if his name is Ted?
Heard a Brown Bear will also give me Vallorian Guards, so say those Bards.

The Brown Bear I choose since I enjoy fighting, way too much.
Just have to remember while he’s eating, not to touch.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 3932582

I suspect the optimum strategy for me, then, is hit the first, unless it's 142, then hit the second.
Well, this will get you extra 1.5 dailies and will not significantly change grand prize outcomes (vs just opening the first one). You will also have to open ~100 more chests over 10K keys ;)

GlamDoll

You are most welcome, however we actually have to thank all of you for giving us material to forward, and for the privilege of carrying your voices to make them heard.

Thank you Fairy Dust, for our privilege we all have, of having a liaison with Inno.

I am glad that we were heard, but I am not convinced, that Inno actually 'listened'...

I guess time will tell.

Thank you.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Thank you Fairy Dust, for our privilege we all have, of having a liaison with Inno.

I am glad that we were heard, but I am not convinced, that Inno actually 'listened'...

I guess time will tell.

Thank you.

I guess we will know in about a month or so, when the big Winter event starts on the Beta server, which will start for us the first week of December.

I am more curious what format the Halloween mini-event will take at the end of this month. The mini-events are always a lot easier to do, because they are only two weeks long at the most, but they also use some of the same types of quests as the big events, just with lower requirements. So will the mini-events also need the leveled-up buildings or do we get to use the level 1 buildings for them?

@Maevie An hour and a half after the tournament ended, I got Solve 45 tournament enc or 9 enc. If I speed up a scout, I will have just enough province encounters to do this one, but the next one of these will stop me til the next tournament on Tuesday. At least with the relic quests, if you get lucky with your crafting, you can make them in maybe a day. :)

GlamDoll

I guess we will know in about a month or so, when the big Winter event starts on the Beta server, which will start for us the first week of December.

I am more curious what format the Halloween mini-event will take at the end of this month. The mini-events are always a lot easier to do, because they are only two weeks long at the most, but they also use some of the same types of quests as the big events, just with lower requirements. So will the mini-events also need the leveled-up buildings or do we get to use the level 1 buildings for them?

Good points. I am trying to be neutral about it, in regards to the upcoming events....

But, it 'feels' futile to me....as always, hoping against hope, that the upcoming Events, will be, at least fun, or better. It really is hard for me to stay invested, when I can't even get 1 quest done in 24hrs. :(

And then I get 4-5 in a row, that take sooo much time, that they might as well be 24 hrs each, at least to me. :/

As for the mini-events, I hope my level 2 MW's will suffice.

Risen Malchiah

142 chest sucks for both daily and grand prizes.
Agreed.

I have 3 cities and each had around 8k keys to spend on the first 14hr instant day. In one city, I opened the 142s to speed things up. In the other 2 cities, I avoided them and instead opted to be more efficient (mainly 18, 85 and 57 whenever they appeared).

The cities that avoided the 142s came away with 2 extra artifacts compared to the city that opened the 142. While 142/5 is 28.4 stars/key, the hidden cost is in giving up many re-rolls.

After that first week, I stuck to the strategy of opening 18 (most efficient) > 85 (keys + time boosts) > 57 (daily + keys) > 29. With a lot of dedication (and using a TON of time boosters), and avoiding the 142s, my cities have finally crossed the threshold of earning a second set of bears. (Of course I likely won't have the time or inclination to get too many extra artifacts so I'll need to really think about which bears to evolve.)

WolfSinger

So far today, I have gotten:
FOUR Solve 45 Tournament Encounters or 9 encounters (just got the last one)
THREE Gain 11 Relics
ONE solve 5 Spire Encounters or 5 Encounters

This is why I said that in addition to fixing the RNG on these quests there needs to be a way to categorize them by type and prevent the SAME TYPE from coming too close together. (I'm basically stuck until the tourney opens on Tuesday at this point because I don't have enough regular encounters and my scout is NINETY hours.)

I also pulled

ONE Recruit 3 stacks of Units
THREE Scout 1 Province or Research 1 Technology or Gain 15 Vision Vapor
(great way to skew the numbers on what people are creating in the MA)

Kataphractos

My fellowship is mostly Chapter 3: a couple in 4, one player in 2. Half of them log in once a day, the other half two or three times a week. Back when I started the fellowship -- a distant era called "this June", now lost in the mists of time -- that was a relaxing and viable way to play Elvenar.

So...about every other day during this event, I've had to reassure some member of my fellowship that they're not doing anything wrong, and they shouldn't stress out about how this event is going for them. Up until now, I've been careful not to say outright: "this event isn't designed for you; just like the Spire, it's only designed for people with much more time and/or cash to throw at browser games; all future events and features are going to keep being targeted toward those people, exclusively; unless you're willing to log in for breakfast, lunch, and dinner -- and/or spend $20+ every month out of your fixed incomes -- Elvenar is not going to be an enjoyable experience for you anymore."

And now I see the following contradictory statements:

"We have to consider that our events are available to players of all Chapters, including the very newest players...Therefore, we will need to offer alternatives for these quests."​

Great!

"Thanks to our ongoing data analyses on the event, we can see that the event difficulty and player progression are currently at the intended level."​

Uh-oh.

I'm looking at 55 pages of back-and-forth...plus a personal adventure, which taught me that the severity of an offense is inversely proportional to the number of people offended...and after all that, I end up with the exact same question I had before the thread even started. What am I supposed to tell my fellowship?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
What am I supposed to tell my fellowship?
That Inno cares about nothing but butts-in-seats, They will continue to push mechanics that are most rewarding to people who are afraid to leave their city alone for a few hours, because those are the people who spend the most money. That it's perfectly possible to enjoy the game without doing strongly in Events and Adventures, as long as you don't get caught up in them and think they are significant to your playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.