• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
My fellowship is mostly Chapter 3: a couple in 4, one player in 2. Half of them log in once a day, the other half two or three times a week. Back when I started the fellowship -- a distant era called "this June", now lost in the mists of time -- that was a relaxing and viable way to play Elvenar.

So...about every other day during this event, I've had to reassure some member of my fellowship that they're not doing anything wrong, and they shouldn't stress out about how this event is going for them. Up until now, I've been careful not to say outright: "this event isn't designed for you; just like the Spire, it's only designed for people with much more time and/or cash to throw at browser games; all future events and features are going to keep being targeted toward those people, exclusively; unless you're willing to log in for breakfast, lunch, and dinner -- and/or spend $20+ every month out of your fixed incomes -- Elvenar is not going to be an enjoyable experience for you anymore."

And now I see the following contradictory statements:

"We have to consider that our events are available to players of all Chapters, including the very newest players...Therefore, we will need to offer alternatives for these quests."​

Great!

"Thanks to our ongoing data analyses on the event, we can see that the event difficulty and player progression are currently at the intended level."​

Uh-oh.

I'm looking at 55 pages of back-and-forth...plus a personal adventure, which taught me that the severity of an offense is inversely proportional to the number of people offended...and after all that, I end up with the exact same question I had before the thread even started. What am I supposed to tell my fellowship?

I think a big part of the problem is that Inno thinks their average type of player logs in two times a day, even if just for a couple of minutes to collect and set 9-hour productions and spend accumulated KP, so that does leave more casual players who do not even log in once a day on the outside. And in the three plus years I have been playing, all events and such have been geared for the players who log in multiple times a day and I do not see that ever changing, not in a "free-to-play" game.

DeletedUser2768

Don't forget that any building or Wonder that produces troops has those units count for these quests when you collect them.

Off to do some more research, and probably reshuffle my city. I would still like to see another alternative to troop production for players like myself that choose not to fight.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Off to do some more research, and probably reshuffle my city. I would still like to see another alternative to troop production for players like myself that choose not to fight.

Maybe they could add an OR that lets you produce Orcs instead of actual troops. That would not help non-combat players not yet into chapter 8, but since everyone needs to produce Orcs anyway, it would help chapter 8+ non-combat players. I can't really think of anything else that could substitute for troop production that is not already used in another quest that would work for players not yet in chapter 8.

Risen Malchiah

Yeah, I'm afraid players like myself who did well may skew the results. But the fact that I did well, does not mean the event is calibrated properly. My success had more to do with my giant pile of time boosters left over from Mermaids and A LOT of time spent on the computer micromanaging everything with the quests in mind. Plus I only opened chests on the instants days, utilizing those time boosters to push even further. Without all of that, I would've made it only half way to where I am now.

Hopefully Inno can see that my progression was not "average" playing. Otherwise, I can see future events being nearly impossible for casual players. There's just no way I can see to have an endless event that is playable by the average player while also reigning in the few overachievers unless the rewards are capped. But of course if the rewards are capped, it kind of loses the point of being endless. I certainly wouldn't keep up this level of play otherwise.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yeah, I'm afraid players like myself who did well may skew the results. But the fact that I did well, does not mean the event is calibrated properly. My success had more to do with my giant pile of time boosters left over from Mermaids and A LOT of time spent on the computer micromanaging everything with the quests in mind. Plus I only opened chests on the instants days, utilizing those time boosters to push even further. Without all of that, I would've made it only half way to where I am now.

I am sort of the opposite of you. I had a lot of Time instants too, plus gained a good amount as the event has gone along, but I did not micromanage anything, other than keeping toolboxes and 9-hour marble production always ready to collect. I also did not save for any single daily prize in this event, which sort of disappointed me, so I was using my keys every day of the event. I just got my 19th artifact earlier today, so I am 8 artifacts behind you, but way ahead of a lot of other players. I am not sure how many more I will get in the remaining 5 days, especially if I get stuck on yet another Solve 45 tourney encounters/9 encounters. I have enough Time instants left to speed up a decent amount of quests, but probably not enough to get to a 2nd set of bears.

Deleted User - 3932582

Maybe they could add an OR that lets you produce Orcs instead of actual troops. That would not help non-combat players not yet into chapter 8, but since everyone needs to produce Orcs anyway, it would help chapter 8+ non-combat players. I can't really think of anything else that could substitute for troop production that is not already used in another quest that would work for players not yet in chapter 8.
They don't want to add even T2 and T3 goods to quests (not early enough), do you think they will add something from chapter 8+? ;)

Alistaire

Yeah, I'm afraid players like myself who did well may skew the results. But the fact that I did well, does not mean the event is calibrated properly.

Also there's the effect that right now people are still doing well because they're pushing harder than normal for this event and yet hopeful for changes in the future. I can say I've pushed harder in this event than last, but if the next event like this shows little to no change I probably just won't even participate, or do so very minimally with no diamond-spending at all, and more and more players will eventually follow suit. People have been aware of the problems this event but also the "problems with resolving those problems" mid-event, so people are more forgiving of Inno right now...that just won't carry forward to the next iteration of this if they really are just going to go "hey this event looked like a success."

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
"this event isn't designed for you; just like the Spire, it's only designed for people with much more time and/or cash to throw at browser games;

i would advise you and your crew to give the spire a try
i logged into one of my old low level test cities the other day and went into the spire
a great deal of the first level is very easy for a young city
you may not get many great prizes, but at your level getting crafting supplies and one hour time boosts might help a lot

btw i'm talking about catering the spire
don't even try to fight it at your level

Deleted User - 3932582

probably not enough to get to a 2nd set of bears
Curious as to why do you guys even want to push that far? I mean, I wouldn't mind a second brown bear just for extra 48h troop production, but that would really require almost double the keys that I've got so far (2x L10 bears and a bit), and it's just not worth it for me The only reason why I even have that much because I actually needed to hit some of the dailies big time and I needed to clear a ton of provinces for chapter 15. But really the second bear (Polar in my case) is fairly marginal to me. I really got it for extra seeds (not a stellar producer) and extra 5% portal profits (nice, but not critical in the end game). Panda would only get me regular goods - might even be an efficient producer (didn't even check), so it might be nice, but not "extra-8K-keys" kind of nice ;)

So, what do you like in extra bears to go the extra distance? ;)

Alistaire

Curious as to why do you guys even want to push that far?

I almost exclusively pushed for a 2nd set just to push as hard as I did last event and see how I did. I did reach the 2nd set just today, and yeah, the plan is 2 Brown Bear maxed and a polar bear left at level 9 because I'm pretty sure I don't need any more portal profits.

Alistaire

They don't want to add even T2 and T3 goods to quests (not early enough), do you think they will add something from chapter 8+? ;)
There's really no reason for them to not add t2 or 3 if they make them alternate conditions. "Produce x T1 or T2 or T3" (just "produce x goods" like we already have chapter quests for) wouldn't exclude anyone based on lack of progress.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So, what do you like in extra bears to go the extra distance? ;)

I never planned on putting out two of the same bear. My original thoughts on it came from the addition of chapter 15 and the likeliness, now not likely, that chapter 15 would go live during this event, the way it did with Beta, and that if I got a 2nd set of bears between that and the end of the event, they would be chapter 15 stats and not chapter 14 stats, saving me the use of RRs to upgrade them.

Deleted User - 3932582

I never planned on putting out two of the same bear. My original thoughts on it came from the addition of chapter 15 and the likeliness, now not likely, that chapter 15 would go live during this event, the way it did with Beta, and that if I got a 2nd set of bears between that and the end of the event, they would be chapter 15 stats and not chapter 14 stats, saving me the use of RRs to upgrade them.
That's a lot of effort for 9 RRs per bear ;)

Deleted User - 3932582

OK, so for those who are interested in what overall observed frequencies of #90+ quests are, I have compiled some empirical data based on quests posted by @Enevhar Aldarion, @Errandil (on EN forums) and myself. Overall, this is slightly less than 500 quests, so should be relatively indicative. Well, assuming underlying probabilities are static and the same for everyone - which is a big if.

If anyone kept accurate records of their quests past #90, feel free to chime in. Even with 500 quests less frequent probabilities would be pretty sketchy.
Thanks to @arayla who almost doubled the sample size (now at 800+ quests), here is an updated version:

AZfrequencies802.png

I have added one decimal point to the results. These are likely meaningless from the statistical standpoint, but it separates a little bit observations of less frequent quests. Don't read too much into differences between 1.4% and 1.7% ;)

Risen Malchiah

@MinMax Gamer Thank you for that chart. It's fascinating that with the addition of the new data from arayla, the chart is still pretty much the same. And while I don't have data to give you, I can say that your chart mirrors almost exactly what my experience was.

I am sort of the opposite of you. I had a lot of Time instants too, plus gained a good amount as the event has gone along, but I did not micromanage anything, other than keeping toolboxes and 9-hour marble production always ready to collect. I also did not save for any single daily prize in this event, which sort of disappointed me, so I was using my keys every day of the event. I just got my 19th artifact earlier today, so I am 8 artifacts behind you, but way ahead of a lot of other players.
Well you did a little micromanaging it seems.

Essentially I did this:
- I started with a lot of open provinces, but did my best to reserve those encounters for the weekend.
- I placed the polar bear and fed it (even at level 1) to add flexibility. It's not about doing the tourney faster, but letting provinces sit longer waiting for a quest without sacrificing the 6th round.
- I never collected T1 goods unless I had a quest for them. They basically sat there with 9hr collections waiting.
- I alternated troop production in multiple buildings so I always had troops to collect (and used boosters when the quest repeated itself).
- I used a magic workshop to get double credit for things like adv tools, bread etc and used time boosters to complete them. (It's all about getting back to the encounters & relics quests while the tourney is available.)
- I kept 5 toolboxes ready to collect at all times. The remaining workshops sat on groceries. When I needed supplies, I used windfalls. When I got toolboxes back-to-back, I placed a PoP spell on the magic workshop and used time boosters to complete them til the quest was done.
- I used instants to complete all crafting when the cycle had enough to make 15 vapor. (But I'd constantly check the timer on my scout to see if that was faster. If it was 20 hrs or less, I'd boost the scout instead to save catalysts.) On 2 occasions the new crafting cycle was all tiny stuff and my scout just started so I paid 50 diamonds to reset the cycle out of frustration. (Diamonds which I won from the spire or WW so it wasnt too bad.)
- CCs were an issue so I played the entire spire for extra catalysts and used time boosters to make more catalysts.
- I built and sold off extra wonders and farmed them for broken shards. The crafting recipes that use broken shards are rare but super helpful!
- I placed the EE wonder to add 1 relic to completing world map provinces. When I did encounters, I did up to 7/8 and saved the last one for relics.
- I fed my phoenix, placed some 5-day troop buffs and did every province available in the tourney (currently around 42 for my main city) in the first 2 rounds. In later rounds, I would do 3/4 encounters in each province for the encounters quests and save the 4th encounter for relics. (I gotta say, it's really hard when you WANT an encounter or relics quest to appear back to back but you keep getting scout/vapor!)

Like I said.. lots of micromanaging. And lots of time boosters. And I'm TOTALLY exhausted. I could not do this for every event!

brnysmurf

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please take a moment to let us know what you think about our Autumn Zodiac event!

We hope you enjoy it and we look forward to hearing what you think!

Kind Regards,
Your Elvenar Team

This event is killing provinces. all of the repeated scouting, relics, encounters, I cannot tell you how many provinces I have scouted and completed. Not one quest to complete a province. Why not included this since we have to do all of that scouting anyway. I have tried to be active in the event but it has depleted my time instants, my combining catalysts, spell fragments, and ... as a result select types of relics. I strongly suggest that first, mix up the quests so that there are no back to back requirements and second, add different quests like completing provinces, more coins, and others you have had in past events. Spread out the requirements that attack provinces. We are told to not scout out to far then your even requires continuous scouting to keep up with the requirements. This event has also have an impact on warehouse production and on tourney because of waiting for quest to pop up to use those. It appeared to me that during tourney, your quests as set to either avoid the tourney benefits or hit us with repeated quests that eat up your tourney and you are forced to sit an wait (again, repeated quests for relics, encounters and spells). Very poorly designed this time guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.