• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tauriel Dragonwood

@Maevie This is where I read that complaint about the brown bears. I haven't seen one yet.
Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, since there are SO many complaints about this event, I couldn’t even read them all... however, the programmer that developed the animation for the level 10 brown bear should be fired!! You can’t tell me that you haven’t thought the same thing. That is EXACTLY what it looks like!! Do they not even look at these things before placing them into the game!?!?

If you haven’t seen a level 10 brown bear, find one and take a look.

Deleted User - 3932582

LOL, difficult event they said?

7BBs2.png

All these are L10. There is also an L10 Panda that is outside the frame.

P.S. Just to clarify, this is not my city.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Re how some Elvenar players view the actions these brown bears are performing, everyone sees things differently. I've only seen one level 10 bear and he's stirring a stick.

Speaking of different views, I don't like the new look of the forum. It's really hard on the eyes. Bring back the way it used to look. I'll never understand why people have to fix thinks that are not broken. Guess they think they're improving it.

DeletedUser2870

LOL, difficult event they said?

View attachment 6742

All these are L10. There is also an L10 Panda that is outside the frame.

P.S. Just to clarify, this is not my city.

This is one of the problems I have with your posts @MinMax Gamer
You post stuff from other cities and then use that as an argument. If that is not your city, you can't use that as an example of it not being hard. You have no clue how much effort went into that unless you happen to either be that player, or know that player personally.
This screenshot is from a city of a big-spender. It shows not just 2, but multiples of several evolving event buildings on stage 10, something that is impossible to achieve without spending tons of cash.
Yes, everything in elvenar is easy is you just throw money at it. If one was to spend $100,- each month it will be a lot easier than free to play. Make it $200,- a month and it becomes easier yet. Make $1000,- a month and you'll no doubt end up in the topranking players. That is not an argument for something being easy or no being easy, that only shows its easier to pay for things than F2P.

That being said, I already am taking your remarks less and less serious since your nick is not to be found on ANY server, so it's hard to see how you actually are doing. You post screenshots of cities you claim are not yours, you post elvenarchitect blueprints of a city you claim is yours, and use them as arguments, but nothing can be actually checked if your forumnick is not the one you're using for play.

Alistaire

This screenshot is from a city of a big-spender. It shows not just 2, but multiples of several evolving event buildings on stage 10, something that is impossible to achieve without spending tons of cash.
Uh...no. I spent no cash getting 12 of those paradises. And nothing you could reasonably call an exploit. I know 2 people personally who got 6 paradises, and 1 of them only spent money that he wouldn't have needed to at all if he'd been one chapter further ahead (but as it was he was getting provinces that needed orcs to clear and he was before orcs chapter).

You can use the results of others to show how easy a thing was as long as you know how they did it. I personally couldn't do 12 again the way I did that time, I've explained on here in this thread how I got those 12, and a lot of it was just what I figured was common-sense strategy I'd been doing for months before the event for no particular purpose other than to just be efficient. I got only 4 bears maxed pushing harder than I ever needed to in mermaids.

...and beyond all of that people are allowed to say things in an obvious tongue-and-cheek fashion without having their credibility questioned.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
The event was neither hard nor difficult, I think it was just fine.

but there was a weakness into it's design that could be exploited.
It was called time instants, the amount.
If you focussed your effort on the 85 chest combined with the daily 20/14/1 time boosters daily prizes then you could aquire more time boosters than you could dump into the event.

On my main account I aquired 3 brown bears, started with 157 days of time boosters and ended somewhere of 450 days of time boosters.
I did not even use my 2500 vision vapor to aquire more event currency and that stack is still growing.

The main problem is that now for the new event they drasticly changed the way you could play it.
You can see on beta how they "solved" it and I don't like it a single bir.

I think they could have solved it mostly by reducing the amount of time instants a player could get by loweing the maximum amount to 1 (instead of 2, 4, or 30) and or reducing the time those spells reduce.
I think it's a fair play if you save time boosters for like a year and a half to throw it into 1 event, but it doesnt make sense that you end up with triple the amound and a lot of main prizes.

but the new style that came out of this event is horribly random, there is no way to mitiligate randomness so 1 could end up with 100 daily prizes and another with 0, and 0 is not even unlikely even if you play active.
I personally hate it. I love planning and strategy and not randomness. many of us like to maximize our chances not to be base don pure random luck.

Deleted User - 3932582

I did not even use my 2500 vision vapor to aquire more event currency and that stack is still growing.
That's an interesting mechanic, I didn't think about that. How do you know how much VV you accumulated? Do you just keep score independently?

Having said that, I probably still wouldn't use VVs for event currency. I primarily fish for 500 diamonds and time instants (now more so than ever). VVs just don't produce enough event currency per Mystery Object, and gaining 100 VV is not a small feat. In the new event setup we will literally only have enough currency from VVs to open 3 (?) presents. That's... not a good ROI in my book ;)

And yeah, the new event format is just bad. You can check your creativity at the door - none will be useful in that event.

Alistaire

That's an interesting mechanic, I didn't think about that. How do you know how much VV you accumulated? Do you just keep score independently?
You'd have to. I did this in mermaids without meticulous tracking, and after the event it cashed them in and turned out I had enough for 9 rolls and change.
Are you waiting for an event where you really need event currency?
That is the smart way to play it, yeah, unless you find yourself desperately needing things in the meantime or not want to lower your % chance of winning diamonds.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 3932582

...or not want to lower your % chance of winning diamonds.
That would be why I'd hesitate to use this approach. On the other hand, I am getting to a point where getting extra diamonds just does not seem that amazing. Additional premium expansions are getting expensive, plus I don't really need extra space. Magic buildings can be won in the Spire, BPs in the tournaments - neither I have a desperate need for. I know when I am getting these small diamond rewards from the Spire chests I am almost always disappointed, as I feel alternatives are more valuable ATM.

500 diamonds from VVs is still hard to beat though ;)

Alistaire

That would be why I'd hesitate to use this approach. On the other hand, I am getting to a point where getting extra diamonds just does not seem that amazing. Additional premium expansions are getting expensive, plus I don't really need extra space. Magic buildings can be won in the Spire, BPs in the tournaments - neither I have a desperate need for. I know when I am getting these small diamond rewards from the Spire chests I am almost always disappointed, as I feel alternatives are more valuable ATM.

500 diamonds from VVs is still hard to beat though ;)
It's such a small difference is the only thing. You're looking at like 5-10% chance lost and diamonds only appear every third? chest, and if more event currency means buildings you wouldn't otherwise get, and can't get duplicates after the event that kinda makes them more valuable than any theoretical diamonds lost.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One

Having said that, I probably still wouldn't use VVs for event currency. I primarily fish for 500 diamonds and time instants (now more so than ever). VVs just don't produce enough event currency per Mystery Object, and gaining 100 VV is not a small feat. In the new event setup we will literally only have enough currency from VVs to open 3 (?) presents. That's... not a good ROI in my book ;)

And yeah, the new event format is just bad. You can check your creativity at the door - none will be useful in that event.
You'd have to. I did this in mermaids without meticulous tracking, and after the event it cashed them in and turned out I had enough for 9 rolls and change.

That is the smart way to play it, yeah, unless you find yourself desperately needing things in the meantime or not want to lower your % chance of winning diamonds.
The numbers can be found in the gamefiles if you know how and where to look.

Are you waiting for an event where you really need event currency?

Indeed, that one rare time they offer something awesome like the bears and somehow you can't reach it, that might be the little push we need to still reach it.
I am a hoarder of everything for just in these cases, mermaids? I did do that but just a little bit.
But Autumn was awesome with the bears so the idea was that all my savings would go into that event so I could maximise it for optimal result, laying back in other events again untill the next powerhouse would arrive.

But for some reason it turned out that in the autumn event I got both and the buildings I desired (3 brown bears) and instead of a massive decrease in time boosters a massive increase instead.

I fully recognise this mayor flaw, which should be adressed, I only think the way they adressed it is the wrong way.
Now everyone gets punished even those that somehow did struggle with the autumn event.
The daily rewards in the new event are super random,which I expect will increase the randomness whining by a lot.

On the other hand I admit that I always thought the amount of buildings we could aquire trough daily prizes was a silly large amount.
So part of that is adjusting, my main issue is that I can't control if I will get 2 or 50 buildings, instead of +-14-18 or 20 with a difference of +-3 to 4 based on luck.
I will now go into an event and simply have no clue at all.

This is what I hate most about this change.

DeletedUser2870

@CrazyWizard
Personally I hate the random stuff. I like planning ahead, I like setting up for a certain goal. Randomizing pretty much everything will for me greatly decrease the fun of the event.
The problem is as you stated that INNO made a mistake in the event setup and instead of taking some time and effort to look at the flaw and address it they just decided to take the easy way and punish all players instead of addressing a flaw that could be figured out and used by players.

On your other note, I can only agree. The problem with the prize-buildings was that they are too common, too easy to get and too large in number. Not only that, but in many ways they outperform even premium buildings that have to be bought for diamonds.
The power of the buildings has been increasing as well, likely because they felt they had to do 'better' with each event meaning they got stuck on a powerloop. I don't mind seeing fewer of those buildings in that aspect. An issue like that is always hard to fix as players get used to ever increasing better event-buildings and come to expect that, but it needs to be fixed to keep the game playable en enjoyable.
I just feel their way of fixing is taking a completely wrong direction.

Deleted User - 3932582

On the other hand I admit that I always thought the amount of buildings we could aquire trough daily prizes was a silly large amount.
This might be true, but I think these amounts already worked itself into the game balance, so just cutting them by a lot like they did will break even more things. Think about all the mana and seed requirements in the later chapters (chapter 15 for sure, but earlier chapters as well to a lesser degree). I don't know many people in later game who don't get most of their mana (and extra seeds) from event buildings. I am pretty sure that these chapters were designed with that in mind. Now, the requirements for existing chapters are unlikely to change, but can you imagine newer players getting to these chapters with mana/seed buildings being really scarce? Potentially relying on regular buildings for all/most of these needs? This could be brutal as most of the available buildings are a lot less efficient (Festival Merchant being the only exception I can think of, even though it's only semi-regular). The same applies to culture/pop buildings.

That's not as big of a deal (yet!) for players like us - in the end-game, stocked up on everything from the previous events and ability to upgrade things that we really need in the long off-chapter periods. We'll be just sitting on what we already have and hold onto that. But assuming that Winter event pattern will continue onwards, for someone in about Halflings now (where chapter requirements start to take off) chapter progression is going to be so much harder. Harder as in less fun, more grind.

Status
Not open for further replies.