• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Available Provinces

Blindsider66

I have a quick question regarding the amount of Provinces that a player has available to them in any given Tournament. I figured it would be the total number of Provinces scouted divided by nine. For example I have 387 Provinces on my world map that are scouted, divide that by 9 and you get 43. I plan to play all possible Provinces in an upcoming Tournament and knowing how many troops and supplies might be needed is a priority.
Priority is also given to grabbing up as many Gem Relics as is possible in this next tournament. Not having these relics on hand will bring my MA and moreso my city to a standstill.
I hope everyone had a great long weekend, and good luck in tomorrow's Tournament.

Peace
Blindsider66

Sprite1313

It’s actually the number of provinces you have cleared of that relic type. I don’t know if there is an easy way to tell how many you have cleared, other than scrolling around the map and counting (tedious, but it will get you the answer). So, if you are trying to push for a given relic/tournament, identify any scoutable provinces for that relic and try and clear them. If you clear one during the tournament, it will open up for you.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Not in my experience, at least at the completion of each Ring. With my Beta city, I have been tracking the number of provinces of each type as I complete each Ring. Early Rings may have a better chance of it being even, but when you get further out, it stays uneven. The first one I have kept written down for my Beta city is the province distribution after completing the 9th Ring. At that point, I have four types with 19 provinces, three types for 20 provinces, and two types with 22 provinces available. Then after Ring 10 it became three types with 22 and six types with 26. After Ring 11, this changed to two with 28, four with 29, two with 30, and one with 32.

What I did find consistent, is that at the completion of a Ring, you can divide the number of total provinces by three, as each tier total is equal between the three, but varies within the tier.

So yeah, if you want an exact number, you will have to count ring by ring, to find out, as I searched around online and could not find a list anywhere to tell provinces by ring by boost combo.

Blindsider66

I can't see the number of Provinces that one can play in a Tournament not being made available to the user beforehand. And physically counting them on a World map leaves to much room for error. I know that just dividing the scouted provinces by 9 will not give me a 100 % accurate count. Maybe there might be some means of figuring this out by using the charts at Elvenstats.It never hurts to check.

Peace
Blindsider66

Gladiola

If you are moving outward in an exact ring, always scouting the provinces within ring 3 before proceeding to ring 4, etc., and completing adjacent provinces rather than cherrypicking boosted goods for example, dividing the number of open provinces (excluding those occupied by player cities and those scouted but not completed) by 9 will give you a decent approximation, within 2-4 provinces, of how many provinces you'll have open. There's a formula based on your starting ring of provinces that could give you the exact number with each completed ring, but I'm too sleepy to develop it now.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Hey Blindsider
You're going to find out tomorrow though, because you will go as far as is feasible and then count the rest ;)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
If you are moving outward in an exact ring, always scouting the provinces within ring 3 before proceeding to ring 4, etc., and completing adjacent provinces rather than cherrypicking boosted goods for example, dividing the number of open provinces (excluding those occupied by player cities and those scouted but not completed) by 9 will give you a decent approximation, within 2-4 provinces, of how many provinces you'll have open. There's a formula based on your starting ring of provinces that could give you the exact number with each completed ring, but I'm too sleepy to develop it now.

There are only nine possible boost combinations, so that means there are only nine counts that have to be made, to know how many of each province, at the completion of each ring, a player could have.

Deleted User - 1178646

It’s actually the number of provinces you have cleared of that relic type. I don’t know if there is an easy way to tell how many you have cleared, other than scrolling around the map and counting (tedious, but it will get you the answer). So, if you are trying to push for a given relic/tournament, identify any scoutable provinces for that relic and try and clear them. If you clear one during the tournament, it will open up for you.
1 fairly easy way to count them is that the exist in diagonal rows from top left to bottom right.
So you can count each row in which you find a province of the type you want to know.

This gives a pretty quick way to count them.
Not sure but they exist it's something like 1 row, then 2 or 4 rows later again. depending on the pattern.

Deleted User - 1178646

1617699098225.png

here is an example, on the red rows are crystal provinces, on the green lines the steel provinces.
You can see that magic dust is on the big red line in the middle, but is 1 row higher than the red line at the bottom. so those would be the magic dust rows

Blindsider66

1 fairly easy way to count them is that the exist in diagonal rows from top left to bottom right.
So you can count each row in which you find a province of the type you want to know.

I have tried this method and was able to come up with a number that seemed reasonable to me. I was certain that at one time I had been given the proper formula to calculate available Provinces yet it seems to have misfiled itself. It is not really necessary for me to know the exact number of Provinces for my purpose. Instead it would do me better to plan for more than are available in a given Tournament so as to have a surplus of troops and supplies at the ready.
Thank you all for the advice given, and have a good Tournament.

**Solution - Here is the how it worked out. The formula of scouted Provinces divided by nine ( 387 ÷ 9 ) is 43. Compared to the actual number as physically counted on the World map, which is 46. Sweet, now I know.

Peace
Blindsider66

Last edited: