• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

AW Advice

maeter75

I just finished Chapter 19 and I am thinking about building my new AW.

I have GA, needles, monastary, time warp, simia, mountain hall, lighthouse, watch tower, dragon abby, shooms, and thermal springs.

I have several armories and was thinking of the Bullark as I read that scales nicely as there are some times my barracks finish up their troop production before I login in next. Along the same line vistory springs springs or Flying academy to speed up production but would need more training spaces.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Temple of Spirits, which you researched at the end of chapter 18, is a must have because it gives you free Unurium for every chest you open in the Spire and for every ground spawn you collect during events. Mine is level 12, so I was getting about 1500 Unurium for every one I collected during the event that just ended. At an average of 20 collected per day, that was 30k Unurium daily.

Bulwark is good because it increases your training size by a good amount, regardless of how many or few armories you have, unlike the Shrooms, which gives more when you have more armory levels.

I actually dumped my Thermal Springs, as I felt I did not have enough residences to justify it and it does not give a bonus for any non-residence pop.

Zoof

I just finished Chapter 19 and I am thinking about building my new AW.

I have GA, needles, monastary, time warp, simia, mountain hall, lighthouse, watch tower, dragon abby, shooms, and thermal springs.

I have several armories and was thinking of the Bullark as I read that scales nicely as there are some times my barracks finish up their troop production before I login in next. Along the same line vistory springs springs or Flying academy to speed up production but would need more training spaces.
Disclaimer: I've only gotten up to the start of chapter 10. Having an early start with DB and SSS is truly paying dividends, though.

From what I've been told, Dwarven Bulwark doesn't scale quite as nicely as SSS+Armories does as one ascends in the chapters and can quickly readjust how many armories is right for your situation regarding training size. That said, I don't think I'll ever get rid of my lv 30 Dwarven Bulwark. Thing is just too darn useful. It lets me teleport all my space-consuming armories out of the city whenever Fellowship Adventures pop in and not be instantly crippled by the loss of training size that my Armories + Shrine of the Shrewdy Shrooms provided.

Aside from GA, Needles, and Monastery, all of which are lv 30 and are fare too useful (at least for me) to ever get rid of, I don't have any strong opinions (MH, CL, WR) or actual experience (Simia, TW, DA, TS, or LGN) with the other listed AWs.

maeter75

Liking the suggestions
Enevhar Aldarion, good point on temple
Zoof makes a great point about being able to teleport Armories during events and still being able to train troops with bulark

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
That also applies to the Flying Academy. Anything that produces troops for me is a must have. Although, I have a special love the AW's, so I have all of them that I can have with the exception of Enar's. I'm hoping they change that one to give pet food instead of the stupid shards. It's pretty and I would love to have it in my city if it produced something I needed.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@maeter75 I think Flying Academy is a must have AW. Many of the best troops come from the Mercenary Camp so you want to speed it up as much as possible. Rangers and Faineant Frogs are so good. And if you are playing as an elf, then you are probably using Blossom Mages also. The Flying Academy is especially sweet if you are playing as a human because you get free Priests. The free Sorceresses an elven player gets are not nearly as good (sorry @crackie) but they are certainly better than nothing.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
You mean if it produces something ANYONE needs!

Ed

With rune shards worth KP now, I don't want to use them to fill the shard wheel on levels 5, 10, etc, so in my chapter 19 city, I put out 10 ferris wheels just to make broken shards for a couple of Wonders. Much rather upgrade them in a couple weeks each, than in a few months each. So yes, broken shards are sometimes still very much needed. That said, I still hate Enar's.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Temple of Spirits, which you researched at the end of chapter 18, is a must have because it gives you free Unurium for every chest you open in the Spire and for every ground spawn you collect during events. Mine is level 12, so I was getting about 1500 Unurium for every one I collected during the event that just ended. At an average of 20 collected per day, that was 30k Unurium daily.
How does Temple of Spirits compare to the Vallorian Seal Tower at the end of ch 19? I have not gotten to either of them yet since I am still working ch 18, but it appears each AW is totally centered on Unurium.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
How does Temple of Spirits compare to the Vallorian Seal Tower at the end of ch 19? I have not gotten to either of them yet since I am still working ch 18, but it appears each AW is totally centered on Unurium.

I have both built and I think the Temple provides a lot more Unurium than the Tower, especially if you are a regular Spire climber.

StarLoad

. So yes, broken shards are sometimes still very much needed
That just amazes me with the number that I get each week in the tourney that gets wasted due to the arbitrary limit of 10, plus Runes may have a value of 10-15 if you use them for that, not everyone does, and I would not craft them from shards anyway.

Ed

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
The free Sorceresses an elven player gets are not nearly as good (sorry @crackie) but they are certainly better than nothing.
We don't need your pity party! But we accept your polite decorum when discussing Buddy around here. :D At least I don't have to ask for the manager...