• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

AW Backgrounds

DeletedUser8946

This idea just popped into my head, feel free to call me crazy on this one.

Wouldn't it be cool if when you upgraded an Ancient Wonder, the background for the same Ancient Wonder 'upgraded' too? I'm not saying that it should change in anyway, but the purple tents or in the case of humans, wooden planks that surround it while it's upgrading could appear around the background for that AW. and maybe when they hit Level 7, the background updates as well. I understand it'd only work for a few AWs. Monastery, CL, then the Dwarven ones and up. (Do the Chapter V AWs have a background?)

My overall idea: Background constructions while the AW is upgrading.

I think this would be a good idea, especially since some AWs take so long.

SunsetDanar

They are 'shadows' simply to indicate that that AW exists in your city so...No I don't see how it makes much of a difference...Not to mention that it would require a ton of work for the programmers to implement.

DeletedUser8946

Yeah, that makes sense. Rejection I can take, easily. ESPECIALLY when it's backed up by logic. I didn't even think this idea was great. SILENCE is what I don't like.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Yeah, that makes sense. Rejection I can take, easily. ESPECIALLY when it's backed up by logic. I didn't even think this idea was great. SILENCE is what I don't like.
You should see how many ideas fail to get forwarded to the devs on the beta forums due to the "20 vote minimum" rule.
There was an idea that had 19 yes votes, and got trashed. If just one more person had bothered to vote(either yer or no) it would have been passed on to the developer.
I've got an idea up there right now that is pretty simple: Just asking for an early collect on the Endless Excavation. Pretty good support at 86%, but unless there are more votes in the next couple days, it goes in the garbage.

*note: If you are thinking this is a shameless plug for my idea, you're right.

Last edited:

DeletedUser12423

You should see how many ideas fail to get forwarded to the devs on the beta forums due to the "20 vote minimum" rule.
There was an idea that had 19 yes votes, and got trashed.
I feel the 20-minimum vote is what's wrong. THAT requirement is what need modified. There are far too many factors, as in who votes, or who knows about what's going on at the time, or a number of other factors! If anything, it should directly be a percentage. Not a figure. if you get 90% positive feedback, or 9, out of ten, for example, that idea should not be trashed. So whoever regulates these things, hopefully has enough intelligence to change the system. Because that 20 minimum vote system is broken. That's what needs to be trashed. And this not just my opinion. It's a belief system that companies use, and businesses use to operate.

DeletedUser12423

They are 'shadows' simply to indicate that that AW exists in your city so...No I don't see how it makes much of a difference...Not to mention that it would require a ton of work for the programmers to implement.
Have you forgotten that new players do not stay for numbers?

If you want players to stay in your game, it must first be ATTRACTIVE. So I strongly disagree. For example, to have a successful business, you must first provide an attractive product, or you fail to attract customers. Correct?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Have you forgotten that new players do not stay for numbers?

If you want players to stay in your game, it must first be ATTRACTIVE. So I strongly disagree. For example, to have a successful business, you must first provide an attractive product, or you fail to attract customers. Correct?
I think the game is already attractive, probably more attractive than average. People aren't quitting because it's ugly. It needs engaging activities and fewer bugs.

DeletedUser12423

People aren't quitting because it's ugly.
There are usually three reasons players quit a game:
1) They are bored with it (art and music especially, or other content)
2) They find something more ATTRACTIVE and fun
3) They do not like the direction a game changes in

But yes, the game is attractive!