• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

AW rankings

Deleted User - 1178646

GA for population is incredibly weak in the early chapters. Some players recommend placing it asap regardless, personally I don't. But from about chapter 5 onwards it is going to shine in terms of population and only gets more powerful. As you have noticed above it is proportional population, so even if you left it at level 1 it gets higher as your town gets bigger.

It's great because
  • You get is early, so you do have a place to put you KP if you have no other place to go so those arent "lost"
  • It's by far the smalles wonder (9 sq), this impedes your already little town the least.
And yes the stats in the beginning when your town is small are abyssmal. but your city grows fast in the beginning and so does the golden abyss.
I therefore see no reason to delay that wonder for lets say 2-3 chapters.

Matrickz

Saw that maze is deemed as not. Valuable. isnt the mana decay reduction worth it? It is a 5x5 I think so that would free up a lot of space if I dump it. Seem to be needing mana less and seeds more so would get something that provides the latter

Deleted User - 1178646

Saw that maze is deemed as not. Valuable. isnt the mana decay reduction worth it? It is a 5x5 I think so that would free up a lot of space if I dump it. Seem to be needing mana less and seeds more so would get something that provides the latter

At the same time you unlock the maze you also unlock the dragon abbey, if you can get a good amount of levels on the abbey you essentially get "mana on demend" negating mana decay altogether.

Matrickz

At the same time you unlock the maze you also unlock the dragon abbey, if you can get a good amount of levels on the abbey you essentially get "mana on demend" negating mana decay altogether.
Well I was just thinking to free the space. I have mana sawmills and other junk if I just want a mana creator. I seem to now need mana less and seeds more

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Well I was just thinking to free the space. I have mana sawmills and other junk if I just want a mana creator. I seem to now need mana less and seeds more

I never built the Maze, but I built the Abbey right away, and I have been good on mana between that and regular mana-producing buildings. There is also the AW that does the same reduction of decay for seeds, so building that once you can helps too. I found as I went through chapters 12-15 that mana and seeds were not huge problems, rather it was keeping up with the sentient goods needs and the orc needs. The amount of orcs can get ridiculous.

As for mana and seed-producing buildings, I have a personal dislike for any building that is full in less than 12 hours, especially the ones that are full in six hours or less. I hate the idea of it sitting there not making any more while I sleep or am at work or something, so if there is an option for something that takes at least 12 hours before it is full and stops generating, I go with that.

satchmo33

Sorry Enevhar Aldarion, I disagree with your proposal of making all mana/seed producing buildings to be 12-hour productions only. This is a bit ludicrous.....if you can't get to the game to collect the goods....well, that's just that. Don't penalize the rest of us to suit your schedule. (...stamping my little foot and pouting......) ;-)

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Enevhar Aldarion, I disagree with your proposal of making all mana/seed producing buildings to be 12-hour productions only.
I didn't see where @Enevhar Aldarion made any such proposal. If I missed it, please point it out to me. I did see where he spoke about his own personal preferences, but that surely cannot be the comment you are referring to. In that comment he used the word 'I' 4 times in 3 lines of a paragraph explaining his own preferences that impact the value of mana-related AW's for him.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Sorry Enevhar Aldarion, I disagree with your proposal of making all mana/seed producing buildings to be 12-hour productions only. This is a bit ludicrous.....if you can't get to the game to collect the goods....well, that's just that. Don't penalize the rest of us to suit your schedule. (...stamping my little foot and pouting......) ;-)

Wow, you cannot read. I said I do not ever use those buildings. Nothing else.

Chriger

I didn't see where @Enevhar Aldarion made any such proposal. If I missed it, please point it out to me. I did see where he spoke about his own personal preferences, but that surely cannot be the comment you are referring to. In that comment he used the word 'I' 4 times in 3 lines of a paragraph explaining his own preferences that impact the value of mana-related AW's for him.
Yeah, I prefer mana/seed buildings that are 12+ hour productions. Also I have a strong preference for buildings that let you early collect.

I do have a couple seed buildings that are 24 hours with no early collect, though over time I'll miss some collections.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I'm sorry, Enevhar Aldarion - I DID mis-interpret what you wrote.
44u7e5.jpg

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I politely disagree that Golden Abyss is worth placing. I am just about to start researching Superior Residences (as a human) and space will become at a premium (like it never is). Maxxed out it gives 47 pop a square which I will achieve by fully leveling my superior residences and then the houses outpace the wonder. But the effort it takes to fully level the wonder is far greater than that of leveling my houses.
I built it as it was the first wonder I completed the circle for and wanted to check it out. I am strongly considering selling it as I don’t see the upside in keeping it (aside from the ranking points which really don’t matter)
I love love love my GA. The pop per square is better than a house at my level (orcs), and I like the fact that I don't have to rearrange constantly just to keep up with the changed shape. It certainly works for me, in addition to the good coinage.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I love love love my GA. The pop per square is better than a house at my level (orcs), and I like the fact that I don't have to rearrange constantly just to keep up with the changed shape. It certainly works for me, in addition to the good coinage.
I totally agree. Although I think it might have been mis-named. Instead of Golden Abyss, they should have called it Population Abyss. That would be more accurate. LOL

DeletedUser7791

My Golden Abyss provides me 83,909 population. It will get more useful to you the longer you have it. As for waiting, tournament focused cities get tech locked more and can dump some KP into their own AW or in a KP pool in the Fellowship.

The highest magic residence (so far) is 5X4 and "only" 13,000 pop