• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

AW Rune Shard rewards localized

DeletedUser43

I agree, it is a big problem and it is turning us all against each other. We use phrases such as "sniping" and "taking the best awards" etc. etc. I think it is harming our whole world. They are turning this game into a sort of lesser FoE. Why? If you want to play a conflict game like FoE, then go play FoE, it is much better. They have taken our lovely aesthetic and cooperative game and made mud with it. Instead of your idea, how about just award a rune shard to a lot more players? The rune shards are so impossible to get they aren't even fun. Most of the wonders are useless or harmful. This whole situation stinks.

Here is the problem with your idea: if you really limit the shards to only neighbors or fellowship members: you won't be able to fully upgrade your wonders. In the first few levels your idea could have some merit, right now, as the tech tree has stalled, but after that, as one by one your fellows or neighbors get the shards they need, they really don't need to help you. Plus, it takes 500 or more KP for the bigger upgrades. Your few fellows can't help enough. Oh sure, right now, while the game is stalled again, those through the tech tree with help because it costs them nothing to dump the KP they can't use, but as soon as another chapter is released, those fellows and neighbors will need the KP again.

Clearly, Inno has no desire to make it easier for any of us to get the shards and all they want is for us to buy them. This isn't a game, it is a sales pitch. I get that they need to make money, but if the game isn't playable without opening my checkbook every single move, then what is the point?

As a friend said to me recently, so the way I understand this game, you spend half an hour a day playing the game, and 5 hours a day complaining about the game? Isn't that sad?

DeletedUser43

i can see most active fellowships will have the ability to upgrade each fellowship members ancient wonders

Ability maybe, desire? Each player is an individual. They have all have individual desires. I guess some fellowships may have rules that they force on some players, but most I know are of the live and let live variety. Not all players are of the same level and it would be beyond cruel to force players to use their KP in the way the "fellowship" wants. The "fellowship" isn't a person, or an entity, it is just a collection of folks.

As Aydenn says also, many neighborhoods are full of empty cities so that would give you no help there either.

DeletedUser627

I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I've gotten more shards than I can use, except for the second Dwarven one. Can't remember what I did, though....I think I just bought a lot of KP and gave it away without much planning...

There are some mid level fellowships who would suffer with this proposal. For example, the Archmage may soon reach the research level, but he's taking care of lower players who won't be ready soon enough. There are two perspectives on this, however. I'd consider it his advantage that he couldn't build a wonder, perhaps he'd wait and build dwarven first! But he'd probably prefer to build, and end up frustrated.

DeletedUser43

I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I've gotten more shards than I can use

Then you won't be the only one. Others will find themselves in this position too. Wouldn't it be nice if we could give shards away to players of our choice? That would help the current players stay interested and they could help the players behind them. That would really promote togetherness.

DeletedUser

In our Fellowship, we are slowly developing a system for helping each other. Basically, we have a list of people who have said they want to help (not all of them have AWs yet). This is entirely voluntary and you can stop at any time (though we expect to know if someone quits doing AW helps so we can rearrange teams). We have four teams of four players each. We ask each team member to put 5kp a day on the AW which is assigned to that team. Some put on more, some less, its totally up to the player. We have a list of people on teams and we are only making sure each player gets helped the same number of times. Its fluid and constantly evolving - but so far we have put 28 AW levels on and have four in process. We are working on our third round at this time. If a "sniper" attempts to take runes off one of our teams, those that can swarm it and push the sniper out. We have explained in our Fellowship introduction what is required to be allowed to help one of our AWs if you are an outsider (ask the owner and get permission). Few have asked, but I believe 3 were gratefully given permission. Our teams only work on our own Fellowship but we are fine with any of our players helping anyone outside if they make an agreement with the owner to do so. We are not aggressive, and really don't want others being aggressive with us.

All that said, I personally would like to be able to toggle on and off whether people outside our fellowship can put KP on the AW. Or perhaps whether the AW is even open to being helped at all. I agree with Bobby, Bobbi and Frost in that I am concerned that the AWs not be turned into a way to hurt players or fellowships. I like this game so long as it promotes helping others over aggressive play.

DeletedUser1903

Clearly, Inno has no desire to make it easier for any of us to get the shards and all they want is for us to buy them. This isn't a game, it is a sales pitch. I get that they need to make money, but if the game isn't playable without opening my checkbook every single move, then what is the point?

As a friend said to me recently, so the way I understand this game, you spend half an hour a day playing the game, and 5 hours a day complaining about the game? Isn't that sad?
Well with alllll the snails purchased very quickly (many on day 1 of the fairy age release), (which means people had to buy their way through the tech tree to even get to the snails, which cost almost $20 each), it should have paid for the programming for the merc camp & drone riders to be finished!!! This is a game for us but it is a BUSINESS for the gamers & as such they should have timelines that are known & stuck to & if they cannot they need to inform us...especially if they want to continue getting our real life cash!!!
& for a 'free city building' game, we should not have to pay real cash for builders.....
they do soooo much with FoE & do not seem to have as many bugs & problems---I don't understand what makes this game so much more complicated to program when it's such a more simple premise than the FoE, & I've heard it was created 1st & was the template for FoE..so why has it lagged sooo far behind in programming??
I was so annoyed yesterday abt the merc camp (& NO RESPONSE FRM ANYONE AT INNO) that my only recourse was to log off & just forget abt the game, which I am doing more & more often lately... :(