• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

AW

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Short answer is yes. Long answer is it will depend on your playing style, in-game goals, etc. For example, wonder levels will affect the cost of things in the Spire and tournament, making things a little more expensive to do. Then you might want to pick and choose wonders with some discernment. However, if you don't care about either of those things, then you can construct away to your heart's merriment. So question is, what are your in-game goals and playing style?

Gkyr

Chef
In a nutshell: Any AW is an investment in the future. The rewards right away are modest or just enough to keep your interest but become substantial for most AWs after 8-15 upgrades (and more above that). It is a way for Inno to keep us invested in the game.
Here is a reprint from February 2022:

You are free to game any way you want to - but I would strongly suggest against adopting someone else's list of the 'best' Ancient Wonders (AWs). As mentioned here and elsewhere:
1. There are as many useful combinations of AWs as there are styles of gaming.
2. For every good review of an AW, I can find a disparaging review.
3. Take into consideration the reasons an AW is liked or disliked and apply it to your own decision-making.
4. You can't, or shouldn't, collect them all - be discriminating.
Here are some reviews to take with a grain:
https://dirtbeardblog.wordpress.com/ **
https://minmaxgame.com/elvenar-woodelves-planning/ **
Read @CrazyWizard post on this page: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/ancient-wonders.27310/page-4#post-217656 **
@SoggyShorts in this thread: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/ancient-wonders.27310/page-2#post-216331 **
** means scroll down about 1/2 way to find the mentions.
P.S. You didn't do a reasonable job of searching this forum. This topic is all over the place, but, never mind. We do not mind pontificating for our new friends.

Moho

Chef
To secure the best rewards in this game, I decided to learn how to use my troops and win encounters. Some of the AWs available in this game can improve the quality of my army or help me run my city in a smooth manner. You probably don't need a ton of AWs, but some of them will definitely be worth it.

Zoof

If you play Elvenar via the Mobile App, you can scroll through each AW to get a feel of what each one of those will do for you at whatever level you want to bring them up to. The app will up front tell you what your benefits will be at those levels.

As for which ones you want to pick, if you want to pick any at all, that really is a toss-up depending on how you play the game. And by "how", I mean such parameters as:

* How do you primarily see yourself obtaining goods in the game? The answer to this will actually vary; certain AW combinations lets you viably use the Wholesaler for that!
* Do you primarily fight? Cater? A bit of both?
* How often do you log on into the game for collections? Additional concerns on this come up in the Halflings chapter, where the early collection bonus on Divine Seeds in the upgraded Trader is based on total AW levels. Other things may calculate based on AW levels.

There may be other things that I haven't touched on, but the effects of Ancient Wonders do quite change the game. One thing's for sure, though. I have trouble imagining a scenario past the early game where one wouldn't want a Golden Abyss. Its small 3x3 package coupled with a nice population boost and a nice chunk of gold every 3 hours is compelling. It's also one of the easiest AWs to level! (Some AWs are more expensive than others to level)

Deleted User - 1178646

As the game has developed wonders that might not have been amazing in the past might have became a lot better overtime.
Some that were good are now less amazing. the downside of lists is that time makes those lists obsolete.

Asked me a few years back what I thought about the Neighbourly help wonder and ask me today.
A few years ago I would argue it's useless, today it can be one of the most overpowered buildings in the game when used in conjunction with other wonders and game elements.
and some leaks suggest soon it will become once again even better.

The Dragon Abbey, which is still a good wonder lost some of it's shine in recent years. at it's introduction it was a wonder that litterally "removed" mana from the game. that single wonder could supply all the mana you'll ever need.
These days mana requirments are so insane this is no longer the case. (disclaimer: excluding some exeptional circumstances)

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@CrazyWizard could you please give more info about the neighborly help wonder that you mentioned and the ones that enhance it
As I understand it at max level (100,000+ KP tp do it)

Lighthouse of good neighbors
+12% culture per EE spelled building that your neighbors buff​
+EE spells last longer​
Blooming Trader
+400% trades in wholesaler​
Prosperity towers
+300% supplies from PP spelled workshops​
Lighthouse/Bellspire
Neighbor help lasts longer​
= you can buy millions of goods from the wholesaler every day because you have a +700% culture bonus and get bajillions of supplies

Very endgame strat, and a very big KP investment

Last edited:

Deleted User - 1178646

+EE spells last longer​
Blooming Trader
Prosperity towers
Lighthouse/Bellspire
= you can buy millions of goods from the wholesaler every day because you have a +700% culture bonus and get bajillions of supplies

The endgame part is insane indeed but like all wonders and combinations it doesnt have to be maxed out to be powerfull already.
Lighthouse/bellspire is a nice addition for example but a level 10 will do just fine. especially since NH massively improved with the expansion of notifications.

Also do not forget it only works in conjunction with some good effort in the tournaments, even if your spells last up to 4 days and up to 12% you still need a lot of spells (with dragon Abbey a nice source of Mana)

The main components are Tournaments, LoNH and Blooming trader. prosperity towers is a very powerfull addition and lighthous bellspire is nice to have.
LoNh is needed to boost the already good NH spells into infinity and to reduce the tournament requirments to acceptable levels.
If you want to boost 30 culture buildings for a week you need 105 spells aka 105 tournament provinces.
With the LoNH you can reduce this to 40-50 spells / provinces a week. which is still a lot but a lot more managable than 105.
Also the insane supplies allow you to convert the more than a week of timeboosters you get from the spire to combat units which makes your tournament so much easier as you have more units to spare.

It's a spiral effect you do more tournaments and it becomes easier to to more, you do less and it becomes harder. as it all revolves around spells in numbers that only the tournaments can provide.

Spire was introduced as a goods sink, but many fight it because it's "easier" and more important not such a strain on there supplies / coins.
Without all the boosts getting enough coins / supplies is a real pain.
NH wonder helps a lot in that regard. it also allows you to shrink the amount of needed workshops and it supplies you with the insane number of supplies you need when you want to convert your spire timeboosters into units.
My 6 magic workshops produce 3,5-5m supplies each 15 min instead of 216.000. without all the cheese the game is soo much more difficult.
And explains why many do not understand why others can do so much more with ease.
It's not the wonders perse, but the PoP en EE spell combination that tournaments supply that make so much of a difference the wonders just turn it into insanity.

Apparently spire wasnt good enough of a sink so they are developing another sink (we have seen many hints about this for a giant amount of time on beta) and that will be the ultimate sink that requires absolutely insane amount of sinkable materials.
Having a near unlimited supply of supplies, good coins and the possibility to generate millions of goods a day will help a lot in filling this massive sinkhole.

this makes the NH wonder even better as it will create a giant pool of easily aquirable sinkable materials to fill up the sinkhole.

Talaedraiia

Thanks to all of you for the info. I’m going to save a link to it and start digesting it. I’ve just entered chapter 17 and just waiting for completion of FA and next event to get everything from last chapter upgraded before I start any new research. I’ve only been playing for 2 years and was late starting my AW as I foolishly thought they weren’t that important. I’m now trying to play catch-up as fast as I can. I do have a level 23 BTG and level 13 PT, but not the 2 lighthouses. I fight the tourney 30 to 32 provinces 6 levels each week so would I be considered advanced enough to start on this path?

SoggyShorts

I fight the tourney 30 to 32 provinces 6 levels each week so would I be considered advanced enough to start on this path?
You could, but IMO there are other wonders that would benefit your city far more. (e.g. level 30 timewarp would be my #1 priority)
The Lighthouse Strategy is sort of the last squeeze thing to do once you've already placed and upgraded all of the better wonders.

Henroo

Oh Wise One

+EE spells last longer​
Blooming Trader
Prosperity towers
Lighthouse/Bellspire

You do not need all this for the wholesaler to become a viable strategy. All I have is the Blooming Trader and Prosperity Towers. Depending on the city my BTGs are either L28 or L27. My PTs range in level from L12 to L14. With just this I am able to buy hundreds of thousands of supplies daily. I also get slightly over 80,000 mana a day when I enchant my 4 magic workshops due to Dragon Abbey.

Cronopiio

+EE spells last longer​
Blooming Trader
Prosperity towers
Lighthouse/Bellspire

@CrazyWizard

Hello! Are additional supplies better spent on products? Or in the barracks with expendable time? In other words, how far can you go in the tournament by stocking up? Taking into account that we will not be able to supply those that have orcs, coins and supplies (that would exhaust the capitol very quickly). I understand the strategy with the wholesaler, but would like details for tournament spending to get scores above 16k.

Let's assume max levels on all Military Wonders + Time Machine + simia and Polar Bear. Placing those additional wonders would increase the cost of the tournaments... Is that offset by the benefits? Thanks for your experience :)

SoggyShorts

Let's assume max levels on all Military Wonders + Time Machine + simia and Polar Bear. Placing those additional wonders would increase the cost of the tournaments... Is that offset by the benefits? Thanks for your experience :)
The simia for sure works in your favor as the increase in costs is less than the gain per level.
Same goes for the monastery/sanctuary

Time warp allows you to use the same 5-day buildings for 2 weeks of tournaments and spires so that definitely wins.

Cronopiio

The simia for sure works in your favor as the increase in costs is less than the gain per level.
Same goes for the monastery/sanctuary

Time warp allows you to use the same 5-day buildings for 2 weeks of tournaments and spires so that definitely wins.
Sorry soggy, I didn't explain myself well.
(Google translate? :p)

Let's assume a city that already has TW + simia + polar bear + military wonders maxed out. Place LoGN + BT + PT + lighthouse... To make the strategy of the tools . Would it increase scores in tournaments? Would the additional tools be spent on units or products? Any ideas?

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
but would like details for tournament spending to get scores above 16k.
Do you mean going above 16k weekly in tournaments? Or did you mean 1600 points weekly (which is what is needed on average in a full fs to get blueprints). There is a HUGE difference in those two scores! (I couldn't find you on elvenstats, so don't know how big your city is or how much you usually do in tourney.)

16k weekly... well I would love to know how to do that (ok, I think I do know, I need to learn to fight better). To a start it would require at least 60 tourney provinces to be able to do 16k in tourney.

1600 points weekly on the other hand is a lot easier. It can e.g. be done by doing 5 rounds in 8 provinces. And I don't think it requires high level wonders to be able to do that.