• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Away Feature

Iyapo1

For Inno to even consider it, it has to be done so that only Inno can see your Away status without you volunteering the info in your city name. I know a lot of people think all this privacy stuff is silly and unimportant in a game like this
I dont think the privacy stuff is silly. I am pointing out that no one is asking for this feature to be visible to other players. No privacy violation is being requested.

StarLoad

This is a game that requires you to show up regularly or miss out on something. I don't see that changing.
as stated "If your only objection is that INNO expects players to participate every day, when even INNO's Employees get vacation time, is not logical, are they required to take their laptops with them to do work each day of their vacation? I think not. Also, there are times in life when spending time playing a game is not a priority, as one can imagine over the last 2 years".

Alram

Flippers just flip
Inno
as stated "If your only objection is that INNO expects players to participate every day, when even INNO's Employees get vacation time, is not logical, are they required to take their laptops with them to do work each day of their vacation? I think not. Also, there are times in life when spending time playing a game is not a priority, as one can imagine over the last 2 years".
I do not object to your suggestion. I just do not see Inno going for it. I'm pretty sure they only let their employees go on vacation because they have to. Shareholders and all that jazz.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
After being gone for almost a month to help my son's family that was stricken by Covid, I return to the game and find that the "decay" of sentient goods, mana, Orcs, and seeds is a major hardship to the continuation of play.

The game needs an "AWAY" button that will pause all decay and your ability to play when you have to be away from the game. I would think a week minimum would be a good starting point. I think that this would be a fair system to preserve your city while being away and since you cant play the game or collect anything during the "AWAY" time it would not be abused.

Thoughts and concerns?

Ed
Glad to see you back here, Ed. And I do love your idea. I could use it during my crazy overtime weeks, a few times a year.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Welcome back to the forum @ed1960! I empathize with players such as yourself, who had to leave the game due to special circumstances and I hope your family is doing better. I agree, that there should be an “Away” and/or “Pause” button for decaying resources when players have to leave the game.

The only concern I could possibly see is players trying to take advantage of this new feature if this gets implemented. Maybe a way to prevent cheating might be a grace period for after the player wants to resume their gameplay. I’m not sure what a reasonable time period would be, but it might help deter players from taking advantage of this feature.
Yes, I agree; if it didn't have safeguards, everyone would be abusing it. How about, if you press the away button, your sentient goods are locked for, say, 3 days and you can't use them? Might that work?

AtaguS

I like the idea, and believe there is a way to resolve the points, issues, being raised here. Namely, a warning window before you choose the option, and perhaps a steep waiting period no less than a week to open your city again. I don't believe it should be available for weekend getaways, but if the player needs to step away for a week or more, then it's a workable option.
I look forward to voting on this.

P.S. Welcome back Ed, nice to see you again!

StarLoad

I can imagine a lot of customer support tickets from people who intended to be away and then change their minds and want back in early.
In the prior game I played, it was not changeable and tickets were not accepted for early release. once and done for 7 days. There was a warning that told you it was not changeable once started.

Yes it could cause more tickets but that is also a learning issue and how it is set up and communicated.

Ed

able99

Sorry to hear your family was sick, and glad they are fully recovered.
I like your idea a lot and would vote for it when its put to a vote. I am not concerned that people would try to take advantage of an away feature.
Elvenar is addictive and once I was hooked I need my Elvenar fix so l log in to play. My concern is, if one is away from the game for a while, it could break the addiction, and the longer away the more likely they will stay away.
Ed. you would be a much better judge on this than I am. While you were away, did you feel the urge to play, and did the urge to play diminish as time went on. I am glad you are back now,

StarLoad

Ed. you would be a much better judge on this than I am. While you were away, did you feel the urge to play, and did the urge to play diminish as time went on. I am glad you are back now
Actually, I was looking forward to getting back to a normal routine of playing, but I knew I would lose a good amount of my sentient goods and seeds specifically. I was a bit surprised that the seeds were decimated as bad as it was and that the sentient goods were completely drained in most cities. This did cause me a significant amount of anguish and in several cities, it will hold me back from basic things like climbing the spire and advancing in the tech tree due to the loss of sentient goods.

That is very disheartening once one returns, hence my posting of this idea to the game as an improvement.

Ed

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Since it takes about 10 days of decay, at 10% per day, without the AWs, maybe this should have a minimum 10 day requirement for it to be used? I wish we knew why Inno rejected the original idea. Maybe it was just too vague and let people choose any amount of time or was too vague based on chapter? Maybe because it is only chapter 9+ that needs something like this and they thought almost no one would use it to be worth the coding time. It would not bother me if this was a feature only available to accounts with cities that make decaying goods.

StarLoad

Since it takes about 10 days of decay, at 10% per day, without the AWs, maybe this should have a minimum 10 day requirement for it to be used?
It would not bother me if this was a feature only available to accounts with cities that make decaying goods.
I still feel 7 days is a simple timeframe for users to understand and use and as for the availability of use to players' in chapter 9 and later is a possible idea but would think that it might add complexity to this idea. I don't think we should make it more complex.

Ed

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I can imagine a lot of customer support tickets from people who intended to be away and then change their minds and want back in early.
Yes it could cause more tickets but that is also a learning issue and how it is set up and communicated.

Good news! If history is an indicator, I don't think increase in customer support tickets has ever prevented Inno from making a decision. Hooray for the volunteer corp! I would vote yes. The worst that happens is they say no and we're no better or worse than where we are now.

Welcome back, Ed. Hope the fam is recovering well.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Another thought in favor of this. When the original idea was proposed, I think chapter 16 was the newest one, but with unurium added in chapter 17 and ascended goods in chapter 18-20, there is a lot more to lose to decay. That may mean this has a better chance now.