• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

AWL

Styx666

Hey with chapter 21 coming on soon and building ranking points higher per tile can we get lv 40 aws to make up for the points per tile?

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I’m not crazy for that idea since they reduce the benefit for leveling above level 30 on some of them. My guess is there would be even more like that if they raise the top level to 40.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
I'd like to see AW levels increased as well beyond lvl 35, including making the lvl 30 max wonders higher too to the same max levels as the others.

Pheryll

Set Designer
I'd like to see AW levels increased as well beyond lvl 35, including making the lvl 30 max wonders higher too to the same max levels as the others.

There is only one max 30 wonder- the martial monastery/sanctuary. The reason why it is left at 30 is that both of its benefits are deemed to be at the maximum value that the developers desire. 40% culture return (when combined with the 40% from the watchtower brings it to 80%) is significant, and if culture return gets too high, then one can build/upgrade without needing to produce further culture, no matter how high the culture cost is made to be. The other benefit, health increase, was stopped because 30% is the desired limit. Adding more levels without any further benefit, is just asking for a KP dump- one that will only make tournament and spire encounters tougher.

Genefer

With the Scouts' Tavern introduced I would be happy to continue upgrading all AWs with the completed province variable

Now that there will soon be 21 Chapters it seems reasonable to add levels for AWs with the Main Hall Level Variable

Anyone know the Attributes of the chapter 21 Ancient Wonders?

Pheryll

Set Designer
With the Scouts' Tavern introduced I would be happy to continue upgrading all AWs with the completed province variable

Now that there will soon be 21 Chapters it seems reasonable to add levels for AWs with the Main Hall Level Variable

Anyone know the Attributes of the chapter 21 Ancient Wonders?

According to Karvest on Beta
One wonder has a reduction in the time for making enchantments at the MA and some other benefit
The other produces divine seeds based on squad size and gives ascended goods when collecting community works from residences.

Genefer

Are community works different from taxes?

Decrease in the time cost of Enchantment production - I need that - only a couple years to go lol

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Are community works different from taxes?

Decrease in Enchantment production - I need that - only a couple years to go lol

Pretty sure I read that Community Works are a new resource. I’m thinking it will be in residences.

Deleted User - 849411552

There is only one max 30 wonder- the martial monastery/sanctuary. The reason why it is left at 30 is that both of its benefits are deemed to be at the maximum value that the developers desire. 40% culture return (when combined with the 40% from the watchtower brings it to 80%) is significant, and if culture return gets too high, then one can build/upgrade without needing to produce further culture, no matter how high the culture cost is made to be. The other benefit, health increase, was stopped because 30% is the desired limit. Adding more levels without any further benefit, is just asking for a KP dump- one that will only make tournament and spire encounters tougher.
Wow! I can't believe I overlooked that 40% (when fully developed) culture return on the Watchtower Ruins! Even at Level 1 it will be one of the best cultural buildings I have. I'll be building one today! Thank you for that. :D

Genefer

The Watchtower Ruins is the best Culture Building in the game - assuming it is upgraded. Not only does it increase culture, and the value is a lot, but I consider the strait culture the secondary benefit. The real value of the Ruin is the increased neighborly help value boost - polished buildings - look for the hands at least on PC.

The sanctuary/martial monastery is the 2nd best Culture Building in the game - though 5 tiles larger than the watchtower - it also at its maximum provides 40% culture relative to the city's required culture. Unfortunately, this wonder has been pigeonholed as a troop wonder, which is unfortunate.

My City's Required Culture is paid for with my Watchtower, Sanctuary, and streets, which means if I wanted to, I could remove every other culture building in my city. Of course, culture buildings provide more than just culture, so I do not recommend doing so. However, culture provided by AWs and streets allow room for all the low culture seed & mana buildings.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 849411552

I do have the Martial Monastery / Sanctuary in my city, but the addition of the Watchtower opens a whole new perspective for me as far as cultural planning. As you say, for hybrid buildings I will eventually not need to prioritize their cultural value, but simply look for efficiency in seeds, mana, population, etc.

The silly thing is that the notes I made on Elvenar's Wonders faithfully records the two cultural effects of the Watchtower Ruins, but at the time I received this wonder into inventory I had other priorities for the use of city space. Now I realize I should have made space for it earlier.