• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Axe Barbarian In tournaments

• Thread starter DeletedUser19598
  • Start date

DeletedUser19598

Hi, this is a question for the most veteran and who have experience with human cities.

Are you still training Ax Barbarian at the barracks? I am in Amuni and they seem like a bad unit. I think about focusing on drone raiders and dogs.
I have no experience with drone raiders.

Do you think I do well? Any comment is welcome. Thank you

Deleted User - 3932582

I play elves, and even then I don't train light melee in the Barracks. I get quite a bit from the Dwarven Bulwark, but I only train cerberus units, and recently some drone riders. I find that in the end game the only Barracks unit worth training in the Barracks (for elves) is Granite Golem (heavy range)

Yogi Dave

I use them in early rounds, especially when using paladins. Since paladins lumber along, the barbarians are about the only troop that doesn't get too far ahead of them. This forces the enemy troops to get closer to the paladins allowing them to get into the fight sooner. However, I don't train them and only use the ones the bulwark give me.

DeletedUser4372

i play both and those light melee have become useless to me. they seem to always be out of reach of anything. just a wasted spot for me. i have not built or used them for a couple of years. (my personal opinion)

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I play elves, and even then I don't train light melee in the Barracks. I get quite a bit from the Dwarven Bulwark, but I only train cerberus units, and recently some drone riders. I find that in the end game the only Barracks unit worth training in the Barracks (for elves) is Granite Golem (heavy range)

i've hardly used golems since i got level 2 toads. i get enough from whatever AW produces them to replace any i do have. golems may be more powerful but the toads' range more than balances that. when i finally research the level 3 toads i doubt i'll use any other heavy throwers at all.

as far as light melee
if i feel a need for any i generally go with dogs
or in some situations the drone riders are useful
but the only time i use swords is if i throw them in an easy auto fight just for the heck of it

in fact i hardly use barracks forces at all. except for archers and mages sometimes in early rounds to save their better counterparts for tougher rounds

and yes
i cba to remember all the right names

( full discloser. this if from and elf perspective )

Deleted User - 3932582

...when i finally research the level 3 toads i doubt i'll use any other heavy throwers at all.
Next update (1.98) will significantly nerf frogs ;)

Frogs are pretty squishy without high level monastery (and ideally UUUs/Armorers). Unless your damage boosts are so high that you just one-shot the opposition (that's probably the reason for nerf). Without a lot of boost frogs can experience serious losses, unless it's against straight up light melee.

Also, Senior Orc Strategists are amazing against light range.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Haven't trained them in ages, use what I get from the bulwark which is enough for my needs. They are great cannon fodder when you need the enemy to target a troop so your other units can do the heavy lifting, prefer to sacrifice an axe barbaian than a crossbow.