• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Bad planning for daily quests in Events

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
I think it's fair to be annoyed about the way the quests lined up for this event. I've added it to my report to the developers because it certainly seems that a daily quest should have all components be achievable on the day it's added, rather than 3 days after. Obviously, I cannot promise it won't happen again, but I'll make sure it's clear that this is not appreciated by our players.

StarLoad

I think it's fair to be annoyed about the way the quests lined up for this event. I've added it to my report to the developers because it certainly seems that a daily quest should have all components be achievable on the day it's added, rather than 3 days after. Obviously, I cannot promise it won't happen again, but I'll make sure it's clear that this is not appreciated by our players.

Thank you

OIM20

it could be true if he went along diagonals instead of in rings. Although I'm not sure why one would do that, at least not out that far.
It could possibly be to reach someone who is an active trader in their neighborhood with goods they need to avoid paying the trader fee.
_____________________________________​
And, yes, @helya, thank you. I very much appreciate you taking the time to do that. I am, as I expressed here, concerned that the change to 73a will also mean an unviable change to 76a because that is a pattern I noticed in the last event (I haven't been tracking this one quite so much in that regard).

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
It could possibly be to reach someone who is an active trader in their neighborhood with goods they need to avoid paying the trader fee.
_____________________________________​
And, yes, @helya, thank you. I very much appreciate you taking the time to do that. I am, as I expressed here, concerned that the change to 73a will also mean an unviable change to 76a because that is a pattern I noticed in the last event (I haven't been tracking this one quite so much in that regard).
I can say for 100% certainty that anything I forward at this point will not help in the current event, but will be considered for future events. I don't want anyone to hope for a change this late in the event. (I say as someone with a 6 hour scout time and no open encounters and is stuck on the last daily quest)

The final quest is
"Solve 10 Encounters and/or Solve 10 Spire Encounters and Collect 4 Enchantment Spells"

OIM20

The final quest is
"Solve 10 Encounters and/or Solve 10 Spire Encounters and Collect 4 Enchantment Spells"
Oh, goodie! It didn't change then. Hooray! :D

Edit:
And, yeah, I let my MA productions sit in wait for days when the quest is enchantment collection.

Rocce Sqirl

I can say for 100% certainty that anything I forward at this point will not help in the current event, but will be considered for future events. I don't want anyone to hope for a change this late in the event. (I say as someone with a 6 hour scout time and no open encounters and is stuck on the last daily quest)
Thank you, Helya! :D That is a reaction I was hoping for. I do realize noting is guaranteed, and I also realize "fixing" it for the current Event is unrealistic. My intent was that there be an awareness for future Events.

Aritra

And, yeah, I let my MA productions sit in wait for days when the quest is enchantment collection.
Yeah, I was excited when I figured out the back door to the MA. I used to be really frustrated when I needed in the MA to deal with crafting but didn't want to claim the finished production, so either claim what I don't want yet, or leave the crafting idle.... until I discovered how to come and go without affecting production pickup (even adding to production queue without the pickup). Whoohoo Wished the barracks had a back door, too... lol

Rocce Sqirl

I did exactly that with one player who began visiting me recently on a daily basis who was 12 rings away. We ended up in very likeable conversation because he was taking some sizeable trades I needed. I'm out to the 10th ring so I diverted from my normal scouting plan to reach out to him mostly so I could return the courtesy. It was an unusual, and very pleasant, situation.

Rocce Sqirl

I know it may not seem like it, but I watch the forums pretty closely and always forward your concerns. Sometimes nothing comes of it, but I make sure that you all have a voice.
Much appreciated. I belong to another large nationwide organization with a similar setup. What I appreciate about that one is that comments and suggestions are heard and acknowledged, which does not always mean they'll do it "my way." I've offered many ideas that went nowhere, and a few that resulted in useful changes. And some that were the genesis of awareness resulting in change that may not have been exactly what I suggested but still were an improvement.
I tell people, 'You have a problem? I have an answer. It may or may not be the best answer and it sure as hell isn't the only answer." Also: "There's seldom only One Right Way to do most things."

Rocce Sqirl

Aaaand here we go again.
I just got into the daily quests for the June Sorcerer's Homecoming event, and so could plot out what's gonna happen when in the Daily Quests. Happily all the Spire Encounters happen on a Wednesday or Thursday this time when the Spire is active. BUT...
Daily Quest #13 and #21 both ask "Solve X Tournament Encounters." #13 happens on the 19th, a Saturday, and #21 happens on the 27th, a Sunday. The tournament ends mid-afternoon on Saturday, four hours before #13 becomes available. It does not begin again until sometime Tuesday -- #21 is the next-to-last quest and the Event ends early-morning Tuesday BEFORE THE NEXT TOURNAMENT BEGINS! Which means it is NOT POSSIBLE under any scenario to do the "Solve 8 Tournament Encounters." quest.
Why even offer the option?
But a simple solution like swap #19 and #21 would have fixed everything.
"Solve Tournament Encounters" and "Solve Spire Encounters" are both dependent on when the feature is active. All I ask (again) is LOOK AT THE CALENDAR and determine that they happen when it is POSSIBLE TO DO THEM.
(And just to be clear, I'm asking this for all future Events, not a change in the current quest list.)

Alram

Flippers just flip
We don't all use cheatsheets. Please use a spoiler alert when posting cheatsheet info.

Rocce Sqirl

I don't consider information about Adventures or Events posted on Gems of Elvenar to be a "cheatsheet" any more than information on suggested setups for a Chapter Settlement or what troops to gather for a Tournament is a cheatsheet. It's open information available to anyone who cares to look, as any wiki is.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I don't consider information about Adventures or Events posted on Gems of Elvenar to be a "cheatsheet" any more than information on suggested setups for a Chapter Settlement or what troops to gather for a Tournament is a cheatsheet. It's open information available to anyone who cares to look, as any wiki is.
I understand that you use cheatsheets. My point is that we don't all use them. Please put the cheatsheets info in a spoiler alert.
Is it your intention to spoil the game for everyone?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Aaaand here we go again.
This gets brought up every event, and yes, they are aware of it, and it's on purpose.

The quest should read
"Complete 10 encounters, or wait 3 days and complete 10 tournament encounters"

I maintain that they have done this to balance it out since for a majority of advanced players 10 tournament encounters is super easy.
Please put the cheatsheets info in a spoiler alert.
In the main discussion thread I agree, but this thread is specifically about the quests, so perhaps the title can change to include a warning in case it isn't obvious to some, but asking for basically every post to be covered up isn't reasonable IMO.

Alram

Flippers just flip
In the main discussion thread I agree, but this thread is specifically about the quests, so perhaps the title can change to include a warning in case it isn't obvious to some, but asking for basically every post to be covered up isn't reasonable IMO.
Changing the title on the main thread would help.