• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Bad planning for daily quests in Events

BrinDarby

@Rocce Sqirl ,
Since you have no prob with using a "tasklist" , then any encounter before #54
won't really hurt you as much as, when you get to todays task, or 3 more before
the event ends.... those, are in the daily tasks section and are real stoppers for
everyone ....

I have found that if you sync the days there are tourn/spire encounters, with
the tasklist, its very easy to "get ahead of the game" in tasks and then perhaps
get stuck that way, but only the last 22 tasks are crucuial to not have on the wrong
day..... ( @helya )... those ones impact everyone....

Personally I don't see why its not just " Do xxx encounters ", that only means
that 18 hrs a week , reg encounters are available.... Pick ur poison, I say.
Tasks 66, 70, 71, and 74 are very poorly setup ..... all are daily tasks :(

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
They are never going to change this because they think it is not a problem. And really, the only day that could be a problem is the final day. As long as the last daily quest can be done before time runs out, it is all good, because none of the dailies have to to be done on the day you get them other than that one.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I know, I know, I've brought this up several times with the devs, and I'll continue harping about it on Monday when they're back in.
When relaying the feedback on this, please include both sides: Some of us don't mind a little challenge and actually think the events would be better if MORE of the quests didn't auto-complete themselves through normal play.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
This bugs me. As I write this (1 am Saturday morning Central Daylight Time):
• The Tournament has 14 hours to go, ending at 3 pm Saturday
• The next daily quest in the Phoenix Cult event becomes available at 7 pm Saturday
• The next daily quest demands 6 Tournament Encounters (or 6 regular; I'd rather do the Tournament)
• Tournament encounters won't be possible until Tuesday.
It is just bad planning to require something that happens on a predictable date (all the daily quests) but is impossible until three days afterward. It would have been an easy matter to say, "Hey, let's put solving tournament encounters on a date when the tournament is actually happening. Like do it as #16 on April 6 instead of #13 on April 3."

I gotta disagree, at least in part. I think it boils down to perception. - If youve reach a point where quests are locked and youre only getting 1 per 24h.. then youve been doing many multiple quests per day to get to that point. And if your doing that many quests per day, then there rly shouldnt be an issue about waiting for the next tourney or spire to start. Youll get caught up very quickly.

For me personally, i look at that as a build in break from the event.
Tourney ends saterday, then i get a 'gain relic' quest.. hurray! Thats a built in 2~day break i get to take. And by the time i can actually do the quest, there is only 2-3 others, so im not 'behind'. I can probably knock them all out in a day even without planning.
Ill admit that it seemed odd/annoying at first/in theory. Until i saw it first hand and realized i actually liked it.

Similar to the idea of the locked quests in general. I see ppl complain about that all the time. I see it as a built in de-stresser. The moment i reach those locked quests, i know im basically done. I dont have to worry about setting up 10 quests in advance, i dont have to worry about catching up.. i dont have to worry about anything. 1 quest a day is no stress at all. So when i see that first locked quest square, its a joyous moment for me.

*I will note however, that the quests like this could be a problem if inno placed them as the last couple days of quests. If quest 74/75 was 'solve 4 tourney encounters' or 'gain 16 relics' and it unlocked right after tourney ended... then you would have a legit problem. Because you would not have the time for a new one to start. Your forced to do its alternate option or not do it. - But so far i dont recall ever seeing that.

Kekune

I see it as a built in de-stresser.
Same. I loooove this system with daily unlocks. I know when I hit them, I can chill and things will mostly just finish themselves. Occasionally I need to go out of my way to get some relics, but otherwise I almost don't even need to look anymore. Since the game has become all events, all the time, I like being able to disengage a bit from the last several days of a long one.

frostyhc

If that's done on purpose, it is just mean-spirited, and I don't really believe the Inno people are evil like that. So I believe it is simply a case of not really paying attention to the timeframe of what they are asking. Therefore my request is simply to do exaxctly that -- when they ask for something to be done make sure that, all else being equal, it is physically possible to do it!
I would add, just to erase any confusion, I ask that it be possible on the DAY it comes up. So for example, Daily Quest #17 comes up April 7 and includes "Solve 8 Spire Encounters." The Spire will be active on April 7, Wednesday, so the quest is possible. But if YOU don't get to Quest #17 until Saturday (April 10) when the Spire is down, that's your problem.
WRONG. it's all about revenue. Not saying they are EVIL.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
task (74) day 21 Solve 8 Encounters and/or Solve 8 Tournament Encounters
Gain 20 Vision Vapor Or Scout 1 Province

heh heh :rolleyes:
i was thinking about that post the moment i saw the quest show up. And i stand by it... that.. is bad planning. (Or incredibly deliberate planning.)
I waited for tourny to start. I finished one city, still working on the other. If not for the extra time alloted now, i probably wouldnt make it because of that quest set up.

OIM20

I know, I know, I've brought this up several times with the devs, and I'll continue harping about it on Monday when they're back in.
Maybe a visual will help get the point across?
Elvarian Games 64.jpg
Elvarian Games 64 b.jpg

For those who will mention it: Yes, there's an "alternative", but it's not really an alternative option when you don't have the ability to complete one of the two.

And, yes, for those who will/have pointed it out: we could just wait until Sunday to do the quest. But what's the point of having a daily quest when it can't be completed on the day it's assigned? I'd agree with you more if this were one of the quests before the dailies. But since it's one that we're given at a point where we're expecting/expected to be able to complete them the day they're assigned, it's entirely counterintuitive to have the "alternate" option be something that literally can not be done on that day.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
silly question here since i dont play on Beta… do these quests align with the days better there?

Not really. They do the same thing to us there, just a little less often. And whatever any mods can say to us, I am pretty sure the programmers do it on purpose, but do not tell it that way to the mods.

But the one that @OIM20 listed, and others like it, are there to slow us down. I barely had 10 normal encounters left that I could use. And if I had not had them, I would have just waited until Sunday to complete the quest, or sooner if a scout would finish before then. And then I would do the Saturday quest right after, and be caught up again, until the Sunday quest releases that evening. And all those people who are not caught up on the daily quests won't even see this one on a Friday night. I have finally gotten over the obsession to have to complete the daily quest on the day I get it, and others need to also.

Last edited:

Grid Gypsy

But the one that @OIM20 listed, and other like it, are there to slow us down.

Doesn't matter how slow or fast you are either, they still fall on the wrong days. I've taken my time with this one and got hit with 52 and the second daily this evening, after the spire closed. The same thing happened with "encounters or tournament encounters", they hit while the tourney was closed. Luckily I'm at the beginning of a chapter so it wasn't a problem since I have plenty of provinces to clear, unlike last time when I was at the end. It has to be brutal for smaller cities though. I just wish they would choose 3 tasks and tell us to do 2 out of the 3, our choice, rather than do A and either B or C.

Aritra

Other than quests 64 and 66, when has this been a problem [in the current event]? Of the seventeen spire/tourney quests, only two fall so that the player must use the map option or wait a couple days. Two? I understand arguing "the principle of the matter (that it should not be)" but why is this still being harped about? Be grateful for the apparent adjustment (occurring not nearly as often as times past) and let it go.

Rocce Sqirl

Hell, yeah, Helya!
When will the Inno gnomes learn to read a calendar!
Aritra asks, "Other than quests 64 and 66, when has this been a problem [in the current event]" -- Uh, yeah, it's in quests 64 amd 66. The DAILY quests. And it has been a problem for at least the past five or six three-week Events. When you are given the task on that day to do the impossible.
It's not a problem on the sequential quests because those can pop up anytime, whenever you happen to get to it.

Aritra

Aritra asks, "Other than quests 64 and 66, when has this been a problem [in the current event]" -- Uh, yeah, it's in quests 64 amd 66. The DAILY quests. And it has been a problem for at least the past five or six three-week Events. When you are given the task on that day to do the impossible.
It's not a problem on the sequential quests because those can pop up anytime, whenever you happen to get to it.
No, not only looking at the dailies. I meant the entire event. Of all the spire/tourney overall, only two spire/tourney quests have this problem (which isn't really a huge problem when they are so few in comparison and there is still over a week left to get "caught up" from this minor speedbump). Other than those two quests, 64 & 66, every one of the spire/tourney quests were open/available at the time the quest was available to be completed.

And it has been a problem for at least the past five or six three-week Events.
Yes, it has. However, the sins of the past can no longer be the basis for argument when the problem has been addressed, finally. It isn't at 100%, but it is significant improvement and cause for hope because I do not see this as coincidence.

[disclaimer: event isn't over yet, so "entire event" includes the 64 completed and the rest anticipated based on the subject-to-change beta list]

!!! Thanks to whoever listened and improved the encounter/calendar alignment !!! :cool:

BrinDarby

Then you run up against Inno's roadblock of "gain 12-16 relics" on the task
immediately before "do enc or tourn enc" ... I've spent diamonds on the MA cue
and still got hosed like 3-4 times in a row and was still stuck.... trying to not
have to do t-enc to earn relics.... when I had spire left ....
So in that case you use tourn to get relics and spire for encounters, but that
assumes its "do xxx of reg,tourn, or spire encounters" and its not ....

Yes as Soggy said a challange is good, and since I don't ... research, scout,
finish province, or do reg encounters ... its a bit tricky sync'n up what to
do when, and on what day ...
... but ...
Within locked daily tasks...... having fri-sat Spire-Enc , or sun-mon Tourn-Enc
is telling your players ..... "here's your task for today, but wait an xtra 1-2 days
before you can actually do it"..... just dumb , if ya ask me .

defiantoneks

i'm usually ok with the encounters as i scout, scout, scout and hold all my province progress for events. but that doesnt mean i dont find it annoying that they deliberately give you tourney quests on sunday/monday or spire quests on saturday. we have plenty of "slow down" built in without getting a purposeful middle finger quest.

Rocce Sqirl

No, not only looking at the dailies. I meant the entire event.

The "entire event" is not, and never has been, the issue. During the sequential quests it may be Friday when you come upon "do X tournament encounters" and Sunday when I do. That's not a fault of the Event. The fault is when a DAILY quest says "do X tournament encounters" and the day it comes up is Sunday or Monday when the quest physically cannot be done on that day.

...the sins of the past can no longer be the basis for argument when the problem has been addressed, finally. It isn't at 100%, but...

It isn't at 100%? Then it hasn't been addressed! Fixing some but not all (and equally, every Event in the past has had some that could be done on the day offered) is not fixing the issue.