• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Bad planning for daily quests in Events

Gladiola

I take it as a test of my willpower not to give in and complete the province encounters before the Spire opens. Although I might end up doing it anyway if I haven't gotten to chapter 4 yet. I want to get to chapter 4 during this event! Only 3 more provinces to go!

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Aaaand here it is again. In the daily quests #12 and #19 the challenge is "Solve 10 Encounters and/or Solve 10 Spire Encounters." Both #12 and #19 happen on Saturday. The Spire is not available on Saturday.
Inno, would it have been so hard to just look at the damn calendar and swap #12 with #11 or #13? Swap #19 with #18 or #20? it is simply stupid bad planning to offer a quest on a day it is physically impossible!
My simple suggestion ... when an event gets to the daily challenges, NEVER put a challenge on a day when it cannot be accomplished.
Well actually
#12 actually comes in on Friday afternoon.

DeletedUser27062

Am I missing something? The quests don't become daily until you get up to #55-60 or something and given we have a list of the quests from the beginning you can literally control what day quests come due. For example, if I see that a quest to solve 6 tournament rounds is coming up I can push through a few quests a day to bring it forward or hold off on quests to delay it so that it's timed with a tournament so saying quest x comes in on a Friday is kind of meaningless.

I usually do a whole bunch of quests fast right at the beginning to give myself more wiggle room without worrying about long delays once I'm time locked. It's really only the last few quests of the event that become 'tight' timing-wise but by then I usually have all the artifacts and a second base so am really only collecting a few extra goodies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rocce Sqirl

Why don't regular players, who know what to except in events, keep extra scouted provinces ready just for this? If I mess up and don't have something ready when I need it, that is my fault. This game is supposed to have some challenge to it.
Because it takes 4½ days and tons of resource to scout one these days while Spire (Tournament too) are just there. There are no "extra" provinces! I am always scouting. Right now I have two done and a third halfway. They are simply too valuable, especially in later chapters, to just use them thoughtlessly.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Because it takes 4½ days and tons of resource to scout one these days while Spire (Tournament too) are just there. There are no "extra" provinces! I am always scouting. Right now I have two done and a third halfway. They are simply too valuable, especially in later chapters, to just use them thoughtlessly.

I have somewhere around 650 completed provinces, so this does not phase me.

Rocce Sqirl

I have somewhere around 650 completed provinces, so this does not phase me.
Well aren't you special! I "only" have just over 300 completed provinces and I am beyond the 10th ring around my city and playing in Chapter XV. So what you're saying is because you are so far ahead in the game it doesn't "phase" you, nobody else will have any problem either?
And the word you wanted is "faze," which is not a synonym for "phase".

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
it takes 4½ days and tons of resource to scout
I "only" have just over 300 completed provinces and I am beyond the 10th ring around my city and playing in Chapter XV.
How can that be true?
I am also in chapter XV, I have 500+ cleared and my scouts are only 2.5 days.

Seriously though, this happens (as you have pointed out) every month.
Maybe time to plan ahead? Or just accept this one single inconvenient challenge in what are otherwise mind-numbingly simple tasks.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@SoggyShorts it could be true if he went along diagonals instead of in rings. Although I'm not sure why one would do that, at least not out that far.
But that would only mean some of his scouting takes 4.5 days, and others would take 1.5 days.
If he has multiple options to solve the quest then ignoring the easy solution while complaining doesn't seem fair.

DeletedUser27062

Do the other thing. Or wait. That is what we are saying. And redirecting by being a persnickety snick is actually a violation of forum rules. Phase that.
You...

Are so awesome!!

DeletedUser27062

Well aren't you special! I "only" have just over 300 completed provinces and I am beyond the 10th ring around my city and playing in Chapter XV. So what you're saying is because you are so far ahead in the game it doesn't "phase" you, nobody else will have any problem either?
And the word you wanted is "faze," which is not a synonym for "phase".

I don't see how a player can be in ch 15 and only have 'just over 300 completed provinces'. To unlock ch 13 a player has to have 320 provinces done, ch 14 needs 360 and ch 15 needs 400.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rocce Sqirl

Okay, I just last week went into Chapter XV and according to the legend on the "Advanced Scouts" research I have 547 complete provinces. But an actual count of provinces on my world map right now is 309. I've never really understood that anomaly but as long as I have enough to move through chapters I don't care. However, I would acknowledge this as the probable source of Enevhar's province count and as such would apologize for any seeming dispute of it.

Rocce Sqirl

Keep in mind, I am only talking about the Daily Quests at the end of the event, the ones where you get just one a day.
The earlier 50-odd quests have the same type of situation, but you may land on it today while I may not land on it until day after tomorrow, or maybe I got there yesterday. On those you go as far as you can, then wait until you acquire the resources to continue further. I do plan ahead. I do get the quest list off Gems. I do almost always complete the Event, even if I don't choose to build the evolving building. I am not complaining about any inability to finish the Event.
I am complaining about the sheer ridiculousness, in the Daily Quests, of commanding an action which, at the time it is commanded, is impossible to do. The two dozen or so Dailys are intended as "Do this one today." I am not unable to do it because of a failure to plan ahead. I am unable because the device (spire or tournament) they command to use is not available on that day. There are some who seem to think the impossible quest is a deliberate action on the part of Inno, which strikes me as a very cynical viewpoint. I choose not to believe Inno is deliberately spiteful and malicious in this way, but is simply not being mindful of the calendar. If Inno intends a specific action be completed on a specific day then it should be possible to do it on that day, by any player who has the resources to do so. I have the resources. What I don't have is the necessary tool, the Spire or Tournament, that Inno states should be used. :mad: