• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Bad timing of Glacier event

• Thread starter DeletedUser4993
  • Start date

DeletedUser4993

This probably is elsewhere so please forgive me after trying many ways to find a thread regarding the poor timing of the longest event since I have been on a year+ ago. Much of the world celebrates Christmas and the New Year's holidays. Your timing couldn't be any worse. I spent 2 weeks away on vacation with no access to a computer so I missed the 2 days of the set buildings. Those buildings might better have been offered earlier and later than those 2 holidays. Since they are special buildings maybe offer them in another event. Next year perhaps you might reconsider the length of an event many are unable to participate in as much as they would have liked. 108 quests! Really??? :eek:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It's tough for game developers to to balance the needs of various players. Some people have less time at Christmas, some have more (Students with a week or two off). Lots of players complained that there weren't enough quests in the fall event, now lots are complaining that there are too many in this one. Early players have a tough time getting relics, later players have a tough time scouting provinces or upgrading buildings, mid-game players are frequently tech-locked and have trouble doing both.

I think it behooves us all to consider that the player base is quite large, and things that are going to go well for some of us are going to go poorly for others. All the time. It's physically not possible to please the entire player base at the same time.

DeletedUser9601

I think they also made this event longer (36 days) vs previous events (30/31 days), so I think the developers did make some accommodation for people travelling, on holiday, etc.

shimmerfly

I agree that Holidays made it difficult for some but all in all I liked this event. I won't finish it but that's okay.
At least they were more generous on the amount of keys earned. Much better than getting 13 nuts for soooo many relics etc.